Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2026, 06:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810302 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 500


FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:59:56 AM
 #2301

Oh okay I kind of figured that is what was up with the snips but I wasn't 100% sure LOL Anyways how is the mining going for anyone who is mining this coin? Are they finding blocks okay? Smiley

 
▇
▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇
▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
...
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....
 
public_key
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:10:40 AM
 #2302

Oh okay I kind of figured that is what was up with the snips but I wasn't 100% sure LOL Anyways how is the mining going for anyone who is mining this coin? Are they finding blocks okay? Smiley
quite okay,though I am a small miner.Every thing goes well.  Cheesy
NoobKidOnTheBlock
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 784
Merit: 500


FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:14:38 AM
 #2303


quite okay,though I am a small miner.Every thing goes well.  Cheesy
[/quote]
That's good to hear ya I am unable to mine this coin because I don't have enough hash to find blocks for a very long time as it stands right now so I'm stuck buying them Smiley But it's okay because I know that this is a solid investment and a good place to put BTC right now Smiley

 
▇
▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇
▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
...
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....
 
Jesse Livermore
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 462
Merit: 250



View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:46:18 AM
 #2304

Is it possible to institute an automatic IP-blocking mechanism lasting for 100 blocks on the IP's of single miner IP's who have solved at least 15 of the last 30 blocks?

Seems to me like something like this would keep the mega-miners from taking over completely as well as helping to decentralize the coin more so.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
MyFarm
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:49:32 AM
 #2305

Is it possible to institute an automatic IP-blocking mechanism lasting for 100 blocks on the IP's of single miner IP's who have solved at least 15 of the last 30 blocks?

Seems to me like something like this would keep the mega-miners from taking over completely as well as helping to decentralize the coin more so.
JL
To block them from mining more or so they can be tracked?
public_key
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:51:37 AM
 #2306

Is it possible to institute an automatic IP-blocking mechanism lasting for 100 blocks on the IP's of single miner IP's who have solved at least 15 of the last 30 blocks?

Seems to me like something like this would keep the mega-miners from taking over completely as well as helping to decentralize the coin more so.
JL
really a bad idea to keep mega miners away
in the long run,the price will determine the economic behavor.
Jesse Livermore
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 462
Merit: 250



View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:58:26 AM
 #2307

Is it possible to institute an automatic IP-blocking mechanism lasting for 100 blocks on the IP's of single miner IP's who have solved at least 15 of the last 30 blocks?

Seems to me like something like this would keep the mega-miners from taking over completely as well as helping to decentralize the coin more so.
JL
To block them from mining more or so they can be tracked?

Short term block of that miner. Sort of throttle them back. I'm by no means technologically advanced so maybe not use their IP but rather their mining address?

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
georgem
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007


spreadcoin.info


View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:16:00 AM
 #2308



OOPS, never mind, I found the svg.
You can relax Spreaders, everything is fine.

monoxide
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 774
Merit: 500



View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:52:27 AM
 #2309



OOPS, never mind, I found the svg.
You can relax Spreaders, everything is fine.

Nice one!  Grin
snogcel
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 194
Merit: 100


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:01:50 AM
 #2310

That's an odd error.... Seems like it could be related to your catalyst install. Two of the scripts check system version using the following command:

$(lsb_release -sc)

It's used to set an additional repository and to build the deb install package for catalyst 14.9. Can you run that command and tell me what it returns?

It returns:
Code:
qiana

... which means nothing to me...  Huh Undecided

Some of the adjustments I made to streamline the installation are specific to Ubuntu / Xubuntu (mentioned this in the readme but maybe wasn't clear). I've created a "sgminer2_generic.IN" option that defers creation of the .deb package to the Catalyst installer. It's clunkier but might fix the problem you encountered. Feel free to give that a shot and let me know if you have better results

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
Jesse Livermore
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 462
Merit: 250



View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:13:25 AM
 #2311

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916787.0

Any takers here?
No joke. I've had it with my 950 kh/s crap-miner.

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
antonio8
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:05:52 AM
 #2312

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916787.0

Any takers here?
No joke. I've had it with my 950 kh/s crap-miner.

JL

Just doing a quick guestimate here so don't hold me to this as 100% accurate.

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
public_key
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:00:42 AM
 #2313

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916787.0

Any takers here?
No joke. I've had it with my 950 kh/s crap-miner.

JL

Just doing a quick guestimate here so don't hold me to this as 100% accurate.

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.


You make a good point. Anyways, the AMD miner could use some work, it looks like.
Is it possible that some one is mining with improved GPU miner? say 2X or 3X speed as the miner on the op
Corsa1r
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 89
Merit: 10


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:22:43 AM
 #2314

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916787.0

Any takers here?
No joke. I've had it with my 950 kh/s crap-miner.

JL

Just doing a quick guestimate here so don't hold me to this as 100% accurate.

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.


You make a good point. Anyways, the AMD miner could use some work, it looks like.
Is it possible that some one is mining with improved GPU miner? say 2X or 3X speed as the miner on the op
Dunno yet. Haven't messed with it. Seems to have room for improvement, though, so I have very little doubt someone is mining with a faster miner.

Well your miner will only cause the same thing as your miners caused to other coins. Diff will jump to match the hash increase and we are back to square one, same coins for miners but hotter gpus and higher electricity bills. In this case also casual miners might start dropping out due to noise/heat concerns while big farms enjoy less competition.

No offence, I like your work but I don't think there is need for faster miner before asics show up
public_key
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:24:49 AM
 #2315

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916787.0

Any takers here?
No joke. I've had it with my 950 kh/s crap-miner.

JL

Just doing a quick guestimate here so don't hold me to this as 100% accurate.

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.


You make a good point. Anyways, the AMD miner could use some work, it looks like.
Is it possible that some one is mining with improved GPU miner? say 2X or 3X speed as the miner on the op
Dunno yet. Haven't messed with it. Seems to have room for improvement, though, so I have very little doubt someone is mining with a faster miner.
Wolf0 ,if you can develop a notablely faster miner,I will use it even I need to pay you some % fee.
public_key
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 28
Merit: 0


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:35:12 AM
 #2316

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916787.0

Any takers here?
No joke. I've had it with my 950 kh/s crap-miner.

JL

Just doing a quick guestimate here so don't hold me to this as 100% accurate.

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.


You make a good point. Anyways, the AMD miner could use some work, it looks like.
Is it possible that some one is mining with improved GPU miner? say 2X or 3X speed as the miner on the op
Dunno yet. Haven't messed with it. Seems to have room for improvement, though, so I have very little doubt someone is mining with a faster miner.

Well your miner will only cause the same thing as your miners caused to other coins. Diff will jump to match the hash increase and we are back to square one, same coins for miners but hotter gpus and higher electricity bills. In this case also casual miners might start dropping out due to noise/heat concerns while big farms enjoy less competition.

No offence, I like your work but I don't think there is need for faster miner before asics show up

The effect you describe only occurs with the miners I have released; I've developed more than those.
My electricity power is free of charge,so hotter and nosier,I dont care.
More hashpower ,more secure network.
Corsa1r
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 89
Merit: 10


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:51:31 AM
 #2317

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916787.0

Any takers here?
No joke. I've had it with my 950 kh/s crap-miner.

JL

Just doing a quick guestimate here so don't hold me to this as 100% accurate.

But why would some one do that when they will make about 3 times that? That figure was just with your 200 Mh/s in the thread.


You make a good point. Anyways, the AMD miner could use some work, it looks like.
Is it possible that some one is mining with improved GPU miner? say 2X or 3X speed as the miner on the op
Dunno yet. Haven't messed with it. Seems to have room for improvement, though, so I have very little doubt someone is mining with a faster miner.

Well your miner will only cause the same thing as your miners caused to other coins. Diff will jump to match the hash increase and we are back to square one, same coins for miners but hotter gpus and higher electricity bills. In this case also casual miners might start dropping out due to noise/heat concerns while big farms enjoy less competition.

No offence, I like your work but I don't think there is need for faster miner before asics show up

The effect you describe only occurs with the miners I have released; I've developed more than those.
My electricity power is free of charge,so hotter and nosier,I dont care.
More hashpower ,more secure network.

Yes I only wanted to point out what is to be expected now when we get faster miners, but I don't really see how it would make the network more secure since that big guy with the huge farm, well he will also switch to the faster miner then, and we are back to square one Wink

Unless he happen to have a Nvidia based farm
Corsa1r
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 89
Merit: 10


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:12:40 AM
 #2318

I never said that and there is no way of knowing that
parvalue
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 61
Merit: 10


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:54:22 AM
 #2319

I never said that and there is no way of knowing that

Exactly.

Anyways - testnet nodes? I can't sync.
are you going to develop a faster GPU miner ?  Huh

parvalue
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 61
Merit: 10


View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:19:18 AM
 #2320

I never said that and there is no way of knowing that

Exactly.

Anyways - testnet nodes? I can't sync.
are you going to develop a faster GPU miner ?  Huh

I plan on looking into it.
waiting for your masterpiece  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 408 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!