Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:37:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:43:04 PM

update about the testnet testing:

we have now 246 MN in our network, 210 of which are elected and working perfectly.

We just need a few more to reach 300 so that the masternode payment can be tested.

Do you want to help?
You don't need a server to install a masternode, a pc and a more or less fast internet connection will do.

If you want to help please visit:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=31.0

1) Download the testnet wallet
2) Ask someone on the forum to send you 101 tSPR, use this thread: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40.0
3) Once your testnet wallet is synched, send yourself atleast 100 SPR to a newly created adress.
4) Wait 50 confirmations (takes about an hour)
5) If you now go to the masternode tab, you will see your masternode listed with an empty checkbox
6) click this checkbox
7) Now don't do anything else, just wait. It might take a few hours (took me 3 hours) until your masternode gets elected, and then in the tab "elected" it will say "yes"

If you like, continue this as many times as possible. (might work a few times on the same pc within the same wallet)
Thanks in advance.
if you can send a few more coins in different transactions - i can create as many as you deposit ...

i have only two running in the masternode wallet at the moment - and unlimited 'everything' with the internet ...

let me know and ill put up the address ...

#crysx

Thanks, unfortunately we are very short on tSPR... All mined tSPR are basically tied into Masternodes at this moment.
I don't really know who else has tSPR.
Already we have asked many people to split their big masternodes (who have more than 1000 SPR in them) up into smaller pieces or give the spare coins away, but some people have not reacted yet.

We are almost there, itdoesn't need much more MNs.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:48:23 PM

update about the testnet testing:

we have now 246 MN in our network, 210 of which are elected and working perfectly.

We just need a few more to reach 300 so that the masternode payment can be tested.

Do you want to help?
You don't need a server to install a masternode, a pc and a more or less fast internet connection will do.

If you want to help please visit:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=31.0

1) Download the testnet wallet
2) Ask someone on the forum to send you 101 tSPR, use this thread: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40.0
3) Once your testnet wallet is synched, send yourself atleast 100 SPR to a newly created adress.
4) Wait 50 confirmations (takes about an hour)
5) If you now go to the masternode tab, you will see your masternode listed with an empty checkbox
6) click this checkbox
7) Now don't do anything else, just wait. It might take a few hours (took me 3 hours) until your masternode gets elected, and then in the tab "elected" it will say "yes"

If you like, continue this as many times as possible. (might work a few times on the same pc within the same wallet)
Thanks in advance.
if you can send a few more coins in different transactions - i can create as many as you deposit ...

i have only two running in the masternode wallet at the moment - and unlimited 'everything' with the internet ...

#crysx

Thanks, unfortunately we are very short on tSPR... All mined tSPR are basically tied into Masternodes at this moment.
Already we have asked many people to split their big masternodes (who have more than 1000 SPR in them) up into smaller pieces or give the spare coins away, but some people have not reacted yet.

thats kool ...

they only need 100 or more anyway - and this IS testnet ... so none of the coins will be worth anything in the end anyway ...

but im glad im helping - even in the small way that i am ... the masternode wallet is stable and the masternodes are running and functioning well alongside the mining ...

will be interesting to see how this works in the main area of spr and whether it will make any difference in the stability of the network as a whole ... seem quite stable as is ...

tanx ...

#crysx

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:50:49 PM

thats kool ...

they only need 100 or more anyway - and this IS testnet ... so none of the coins will be worth anything in the end anyway ...

but im glad im helping - even in the small way that i am ... the masternode wallet is stable and the masternodes are running and functioning well alongside the mining ...

will be interesting to see how this works in the main area of spr and whether it will make any difference in the stability of the network as a whole ... seem quite stable as is ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Yeah, but some people still thought they need to install masternodes with 10k SPR in it and such... and now we have to wait....  Roll Eyes
But most people have reacted very well, and we are constantly mining, we will have created 10k coins within 24 hours, so at most this will cause a little delay.

Within the next 24 hours we will have reached 400 MNs, and the masternode payment process will have started with 300 MNs, and a few days later we will have reached the max amount of 1000 MN.

This all probably needs to be reduced for the test version. So once we reach 300 MN and can test the payment process, we will probably reset the whole testnet, and restart from scratch with a special version which reduces the max amounts to something lower, just for the testing.

We need a faster testing cycle.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 11:57:25 PM

thats kool ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Yeah, but some people still thought they need to install masternodes with 10k SPR in it and such... and now we have to wait....  Roll Eyes
But most people have reacted very well, and we are constantly mining, we will have created 10k coins within 24 hours, so at most this will cause a little delay.

Within the next 24 hours we will have reached 400 MNs, and the masternode payment process will have started with 300 MNs, and a few days later we will have reached the max amount of 1000 MN.

This all probably needs to be reduced for the test version. So once we reach 300 MN and can test the payment process, we will probably reset the whole testnet, and restart from scratch with a special version which reduces the max amounts to something lower, just for the testing.

We need a faster testing cycle.

that would be good ... which i believe should have been done this time around - but all good ... Smiley

in terms of testing the payment system - how long do you think it will take before it shows any form of success? the first payment? or will it require multiple payments on ALL masternodes before we can call it a success or failure?

#crysx

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:02:07 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2015, 12:13:15 AM by georgem

that would be good ... which i believe should have been done this time around - but all good ... Smiley

in terms of testing the payment system - how long do you think it will take before it shows any form of success? the first payment? or will it require multiple payments on ALL masternodes before we can call it a success or failure?

#crysx

once we have 300 elected MNs (which hopefully happens within the next 8 hours or so), the payment will start flowing to the masternode owners in a very consistent manner, we should see someone recieve his payment every minute.

It will probably look something like this:

(Be careful though:This screenshot is based on a fork vertoe created about an hour ago while we were testing, lol, so this is tentative. (s)he created a fork with a lower payment requirement to see the result earlier than all of us, but ofcourse this doesn't benefit any of us, because we are on different forks now. So we still play the waiting game, lol)

Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:16:08 AM

Just sent you a little over 260 extra that I had accumulated from my two nodes so far...

Hope it helps!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:17:35 AM

#crysx

If your offer is still standing, I can give you enough tSPR for three masternodes. Someone Hatch just sent me about 300 tSPR.

Please tell me three unique tSPR addresses and I will send you amounts around 101 tSPR so you can turn those addresses into masternodes.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:19:32 AM

We have 262 MN now.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:21:37 AM

#crysx

If your offer is still standing, I can give you enough tSPR for three masternodes. Someone Hatch just sent me about 300 tSPR.

Please tell me three unique tSPR addresses and I will send you amounts around 101 tSPR so you can turn those addresses into masternodes.

do they have to be unique?

my wallet shows two different transactions on the same address and i have both those as masternodes - operating differently ...

i can create new addresses if you want them ...

and tanx ... Smiley

#crysx

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:22:25 AM

#crysx

my wallet shows two different transactions on the same address and i have both those as masternodes - operating differently ...

and tanx ... Smiley

#crysx

As you wish.

Tell me either one adress, or 3. You decide.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:38:03 AM

#crysx

and tanx ... Smiley

#crysx

As you wish.

Tell me either one adress, or 3. You decide.

so both ways will still work? ...

lets try then ...

3 separate transactions to address n3TSL9sieyWBKRADp8eGeuRyt1HsXGQAe9 please ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:39:28 AM

lets try then ...

3 separate transactions to address n3TSL9sieyWBKRADp8eGeuRyt1HsXGQAe9 please ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

Well, tell me the Masternodes you already have, have they been elected?

I am not sure yet if there are problems with using the same adress for different masternodes, therefor I create a new adress for every masternode.

If your two masternodes have the same adress and have both been elected, then FINE!

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:41:11 AM

lets try then ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

yes they have - for a couple of days now ...

its been running since we started ...

does the wallet have to be mining for the masternodes to be active? ...

#crysx

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:44:11 AM

lets try then ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

#crysx

Excellent.

So I sent you three different transactions to the same adress.

No, you don't need to mine, just keep your machine running.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:46:41 AM

lets try then ...

much appreciated ...

#crysx

#crysx

Excellent.

So I sent you three different transactions to the same adress.

No, you don't need to mine.

just got them - tanx mate ...

ill set them up when they get listed in the masternode list ...

50 transactions before they get listed - is that correct? ...

#crysx

Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 12:47:30 AM

and tanx ... Smiley

#crysx

You know, that is a good question that I have not heard Mr Spread address...

On my first MN, I didn't know how to increase the MN balance so I just sent a second transaction to myself and a few hours later I noticed what you did... Two MN check boxes on the list with the same address.

I think this might be some sort of error because I had another MN operating on another box and it only saw ONE MN with that first address, not two...

Until we hear otherwise, I think it would be safer to have a single MN per wallet, or address...

I ended up transferring everything out and then back in, and then another single transfer to itself to get rid of the "ghost" MN and restart a single MN from that wallet.

Has anyone seen anything from Mr Spread about this phenomenon?  
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:49:35 AM

and tanx ... Smiley

#crysx

You know, that is a good question that I have not heard Mr Spread address...

On my first MN, I didn't know how to increase the MN balance so I just sent a second transaction to myself and a few hours later I noticed what you did... Two MN check boxes on the list with the same address.

I think this might be some sort of error because I had another MN operating on another box and it only saw ONE MN with that first address, not two...

I ended up transferring everything out and then back in, and then another single transfer to itself to get rid of the "ghost" MN and restart a single MN from that wallet.

Has anyone seen anything from Mr Spread about this phenomenon?  

i simply thought that was all part of the process ...

considering that masternodes are spawned from official transactions - i figured that each transaction ( whether from the same address or not ) is a unique masternode ...

would be nice to know for sure though ... mr spread? ...

#crysx

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:50:05 AM

#crysx

Yep, just wait and update the masternode list, you will see the new masternodes appear with empty checkboxes you can then click.

As easy as that!  Cool

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:50:51 AM

#crysx

Yep, just wait and update the masternode list, you will see the new masternodes appear with empty checkboxes you can then click.

As easy as that!  Cool

yup - i figured ...

just wanted to be sure ...

tanx mate ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 12:52:13 AM

#crysx

As easy as that!  Cool

yup - i figured ...

just wanted to be sure ...

tanx mate ...

#crysx

i just noticed also - that when hovering over the transactions themselves - it shows the confirmation progress of the coin and also of the masternode confirms ...

nice ... Wink

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: