Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:03:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:46:52 PM

After seeing just how much wolf0 was able to optimize the CPU I realized just how much a few miners with properly optimized code could dominate.  And if I was:
1.  Someone who only care about definite profit, I could get such a miner and dump for more than it costs me to mine.
2.  If I was a competing coin, I could keep the price of the coin deflated.

I think whoever can "steal" electricity (i.e.: free electricity) can do more damage than optimized miner. Every Sat is profit.

Not if the unadulterated miner is several, likely dozens of times more efficient.

While people have the ability to do these things, it does go against the grain. Avoiding pools on the one hand, having optimized miners take advantage of the solo miners on the other.

Why is this only a problem for SPR?

Couldn't I optimize my mining software to mine DRK more efficiently, then take my new miner to a pool and mine DRK?

Yes. 100%.

But, what's the point of having a USP of solo mining, when there is the ability to optimize the miner and create centralization by other means?

Centralization doesn't just mean control by pools. The notion of mining as Satoshi had intended was raised early on. Well Satoshi also asked for mining through consensus of a gentleman's agreement to play fair.

The average total coins generated across the network per day stays the same.  Faster machines just get a larger share than slower machines.  If everyone bought faster machines, they wouldn't get more coins than before.

We should have a gentleman's agreement to postpone the GPU arms race as long as we can for the good of the network.  It's much easer to get new users up to speed if they don't have to worry about GPU drivers and compatibility. It's nice how anyone with just a CPU can compete fairly equally right now.

I have no issue with anyone using their skills to make what they can. I have no issue with anyone gloating that they used their skills to earn a profit.

But you can't promote fair solo mining, when mining is, in reality, anything but fair.

A solution to both pools and optimized mining should be proposed.  Otherwise, its a nil sum game over mining with pools.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 10:28:04 PM

After seeing just how much wolf0 was able to optimize the CPU I realized just how much a few miners with properly optimized code could dominate.  And if I was:
1.  Someone who only care about definite profit, I could get such a miner and dump for more than it costs me to mine.
2.  If I was a competing coin, I could keep the price of the coin deflated.

I think whoever can "steal" electricity (i.e.: free electricity) can do more damage than optimized miner. Every Sat is profit.

Not if the unadulterated miner is several, likely dozens of times more efficient.

While people have the ability to do these things, it does go against the grain. Avoiding pools on the one hand, having optimized miners take advantage of the solo miners on the other.

Why is this only a problem for SPR?

Couldn't I optimize my mining software to mine DRK more efficiently, then take my new miner to a pool and mine DRK?

It isn't.

Look around. We have a deoptimized shitalgo epidemic on our hands.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:50:14 PM

-snip-
Optimized mining isn't an issue as long as there are multiple private devs with it.

Also, goddamn it, I can get an extra MH/s out of 290X, but it's not working. HW errors.

Didn't the spread dev develop optimized miners? why not just issue an optimized miner, that miner optimzers can't meaningfully compete with?

Or,

Why don't you just sell your miner to anyone that wants it? It can become the default miner.  That would make more sense to me. Fill your boots with all the customer orders, and repeat orders for annual renewals.
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:50:06 PM

-snip-
Optimized mining isn't an issue as long as there are multiple private devs with it.

Also, goddamn it, I can get an extra MH/s out of 290X, but it's not working. HW errors.

Didn't the spread dev develop optimized miners? why not just issue an optimized miner, that miner optimzers can't meaningfully compete with?

Or,

Why don't you just sell your miner to anyone that wants it? It can become the default miner.  That would make more sense to me. Fill your boots with all the customer orders, and repeat orders for annual renewals.

It would even help the price if you had to purchase the miner with SPR. Say 500 SPR for an optimized miner?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:25:07 AM

-snip-

Simply because they aren't as good at it - there's always a way to make it faster.

There comes a point where the marginal improvements don't make a difference.

Because building a fee into the miner is risky and a giant pain in the ass. As for why I don't just sell it as-is, once a lot of people have it, they will share it for free.

Understandable. But that's partly laziness, as you've said. There are ways to make licencing work.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:30:23 AM

-snip-

Simply because they aren't as good at it - there's always a way to make it faster.

Because building a fee into the miner is risky and a giant pain in the ass. As for why I don't just sell it as-is, once a lot of people have it, they will share it for free.

Understandable. But that's partly laziness, as you've said. There are ways to make licencing work.

Quite true - but reimplementing stratum and all that bullshit is dead boring - and then on top, there's always the risk of reverse engineering, like what happened to girino.

Right. That's the end of that road. How much for the miner?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:20:38 AM

-snip-
I'd release the working bins for probably around 2 BTC - which is about what I'd make off it in the next 31 days.

actually, I wasn't referring to you releasing the miner.

I've been thinking of firing up my miners which have been quiet for a while  Wink
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:34:23 AM

Darkcoin sees SPR on the street.... Who's having all the fun?

I'm trying to figure out if the guy is driving or the girl is walking backwards. Smiley

Easy, look at the mirror image in the window...
Kiss You are a smart person, my friend.

I have 0.46 btc, at what price should I buy SPR?

Maybe someone can give me a little discount...

Anything around 25k-30k satoshi is a great price to get in on SPR.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 03:31:08 AM

-snip-

Quite true - but reimplementing stratum and all that bullshit is dead boring - and then on top, there's always the risk of reverse engineering, like what happened to girino.

I'd release the working bins for probably around 2 BTC - which is about what I'd make off it in the next 31 days.

id mine that for you wolf ...

wanna do a deal? ...

#crysx

Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:08:58 AM

-snip-

wanna do a deal? ...

#crysx

Mine what for me?

I'm pretty sure he means he will mine the 2 BTC worth of SPR with "your" new miner for you and give it to you in exchange, I've seen chrysophylax's hashrate and if he had the optimized miner then wholly crap.
Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:19:49 AM

-snip-

wanna do a deal? ...

#crysx

Mine what for me?

I'm pretty sure he means he will mine the 2 BTC worth of SPR with "your" new miner for you and give it to you in exchange, I've seen chrysophylax's hashrate and if he had the optimized miner then wholly crap.

Hardly worth it - I'd make 2 BTC worth of SPR every month regardless...

Fair enough but I think that's what he meant though.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 04:50:41 AM

-snip-

wanna do a deal? ...

#crysx

Mine what for me?

Case in point !

Hey everyone ! Lets do all we can to help make this x-shitalgo pusher rich !

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:52:13 AM

2 BTC ~ 6666 SPR
6666 SPR / 31 ~ 215 SPR/day
Daily minted SPR ~ 9000
Net hash ~ 4000 MH/s

(215/9000) * 4000 ~ 95 MH/s.

How many 290's are you running?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:58:29 AM

Case in point !

Hippie just let it go bro Smiley We get it you don't like SpreadCoin or you secretly do and are purposely trying to stir up shit to get cheap coins.  Either way no one here really cares about anything that you have to say because you have said it over and over again.  The SpreadCoin community believes in this coin and believes in the developer and there is nothing that you can say to change that.  Oh there are optimized miners?? Well I'm pretty sure that every coin has an optimized miner for it so why the huge fuss about Spreadcoin having optimized miners?  Oh 4 people who apparently trust each other enough to go through the trouble to create a pool are mining together?? BIG DEAL!! They hardly have any amount of the net hashrate and I mean they are sharing 6.66 Spr for each block they solve whoooopie!! Also every coin has pools just with SpreadCoin Mr. Spread has made the idea of pool mining more of a hassle and headache for people to just pop up pool after pool and mine the shit out of the coin.  I have had to purchase every SpreadCoin I own and you don't hear me pissing and moaning about it.  Seriously and don't take this the wrong way but if you are a butt hurt trader who can't figure the game out and keeps losing money doing this then maybe it's time to take up a new hobby bro Smiley Anyways Have a Super day Wink

Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2015, 05:26:27 AM

2 BTC ~ 6666 SPR
6666 SPR / 31 ~ 215 SPR/day
Daily minted SPR ~ 9000
Net hash ~ 4000 MH/s

(215/9000) * 4000 ~ 95 MH/s.

How many 290's are you running?

I'll guesstimate.. 4 gpus. Shocked

Or.. lets take a walk on the wild asic side and say... 8 gridseeds. Shocked Shocked

Ya.. you heard me !

gaalx

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:47:58 AM

how to adjust the GPU? Mining only solo? thank you.

duboisi

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:46:03 AM

how to adjust the GPU? Mining only solo? thank you.
What GPU do u have? Yes Solo Mining only.
zmija

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

-snip-

wanna do a deal? ...

#crysx

Mine what for me?

Case in point !

I don't push shit - the algos are there, the implementations suck... I do what I can and make a profit.
But for 2 BTC u can get 290x and compensate for lover hashrate and when the mining days of SPR is over u can use it for other coins Wink

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
duboisi

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:21:12 AM

-- snip --

But for 2 BTC u can get 290x and compensate for lover hashrate and when the mining days of SPR is over u can use it for other coins Wink
Think big, is meant for those GPU farms with tens or hundreds of GPUs.
zmija

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 09:39:10 AM

-- snip --

Think big, is meant for those GPU farms with tens or hundreds of GPUs.
I agree with you, my quote was meant for miners with 4 or less GPUs Smiley

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: