Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:49:44 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 01:10:45 AM by Propulsion

We need fudders to bring liquidity.  Grin

Tooo much firm believers in here. Yuck  Undecided

Give me a minute to create some puppet accounts.

brb

Reserved for Fuddery.  Tongue
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:50:11 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 01:04:11 AM by Mr. Spread

Ok - I must be missing something.  i went from 15 mh/s on my (10) 750ti's down to 29 kh/s on each?  What is the exact process for mining with GPU's now?
Hashrate just dropped? Are you sure you didn't changed anything?

All I did was download the new wallet and try to start my miners - no luck.  I did encrypt my wallet but that shouldn't be an issue for mining right?
This is very strange. So you have changed two things - updated to the new version and encrypted your wallet, or you already were mining with encrypted wallet?
If your wallet is encrypted it must be unlocked for mining (or you need to set miningprivkey in spreadcoin.conf). Miner shouldn't launch if wallet is encrypted and locked.

Developer of SpreadCoin
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:04:36 AM

Ok - I must be missing something.  i went from 15 mh/s on my (10) 750ti's down to 29 kh/s on each?  What is the exact process for mining with GPU's now?
Hashrate just dropped? Are you sure you didn't changed anything?

All I did was download the new wallet and try to start my miners - no luck.  I did encrypt my wallet but that shouldn't be an issue for mining right?
This is very strange. So you have changed two things - updated to the new version and encrypted your wallet, or you already were mining with encrypted wallet?
If your wallet is encrypted it must be unlocked for mining (or you need to set miningprivkey in spreadcoin.conf). But miner shouldn't launch if wallet is encrypted and locked.

Hrmm - ok - maybe I need a step by step.

So I was mining no problems one wallet (2) rigs.  I downloaded the new wallet.  Swapped it with my current.  left everything else the same spreadcoin.conf and wallet.dat.  I encrypted my wallet as I realized I hadn't done so on my SPR.  I rebooted the machine with the wallet and went to start the miners.  No luck.  So i switched to the mining tab and it asked me to enter my pass phrase.  When i did the CPU started mining and my GPU miners turned on at around 29 kh/s each.  Am I doing something wrong?

Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:18:47 AM

So I was mining no problems one wallet (2) rigs.  I downloaded the new wallet.  Swapped it with my current.  left everything else the same spreadcoin.conf and wallet.dat.  I encrypted my wallet as I realized I hadn't done so on my SPR.  I rebooted the machine with the wallet and went to start the miners.  No luck.  So i switched to the mining tab and it asked me to enter my pass phrase.  When i did the CPU started mining and my GPU miners turned on at around 29 kh/s each.  Am I doing something wrong?
This is a known limitation that you can mine only with unlocked wallet.
You have several options:
1. Use not encrypted wallet.
2. Unlock your wallet from debug console using "walletpassphrase password timeout" where timeout is the number of seconds your wallet will be unlocked.
3. Unlock your wallet by starting CPU mining, as you see it decreases your GPU hashrate; if you will try to mine with 1 thread maybe it will not decrease. There should be a cleaner way to unlock your wallet from GUI but for now there is none.
4. Set private key for mining in spreadcoin.conf as described in OP:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.

Developer of SpreadCoin
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:31:20 AM

So I was mining no problems one wallet (2) rigs.  I downloaded the new wallet.  Swapped it with my current.  left everything else the same spreadcoin.conf and wallet.dat.  I encrypted my wallet as I realized I hadn't done so on my SPR.  I rebooted the machine with the wallet and went to start the miners.  No luck.  So i switched to the mining tab and it asked me to enter my pass phrase.  When i did the CPU started mining and my GPU miners turned on at around 29 kh/s each.  Am I doing something wrong?
This is a known limitation that you can mine only with unlocked wallet.
You have several options:
1. Use not encrypted wallet.
2. Unlock your wallet from debug console using "walletpassphrase password timeout" where timeout is the number of seconds your wallet will be unlocked.
3. Unlock your wallet by starting CPU mining, as you see it decreases your GPU hashrate; if you will try to mine with 1 thread maybe it will not decrease. There should be a cleaner way to unlock your wallet from GUI but for now there is none.
4. Set private key for mining in spreadcoin.conf as described in OP:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.

OK - Thank you for that help - i realize now it is the encrypting of the wallet that was stopping me from mining.  That's weird.  Anyway I am downloading another wallet to get rid of the encryption.  Thanks a bunch

happyaltminer

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:51:33 AM

Merry xmas~~
wish I can get(buy and mine) 10K SPR today  Grin

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:53:41 AM

Nice 20000k buy wall @ 0.00025 on cex.

Spread the love on bittrex as well.
happyaltminer

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:13:14 AM

The big player is emerging~~  Grin

snogcel

Activity: 194

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:21:35 AM

4k wall sitting at same level on Bittrex.... things are starting to get interesting

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:27:03 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2015, 05:16:40 AM by MyFarm

SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

Once masternodes go live, this coin is going to go parabolic in my opinion.  Reasons being:

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

All of this is going to feed upon itself.  

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise.  

Once he does, this is going to be epic.
happyaltminer

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:28:07 AM

4k wall sitting at same level on Bittrex.... things are starting to get interesting
5 BTC buy order @25k sato on c-cex,cool~ Grin

happyaltminer

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:30:05 AM

SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

Once masternodes go live, this coin is going to go parabolic.  Reasons being:

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise. 

Good point!masternodes will serve as POS to some extent.

MyFarm

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:32:39 AM

SPR is truly a fascinating coin to watch.  Because of the decentralized mining, only people who really want this coin are mining it.  And it's pretty hard to mine so they aren't selling many, if any at all as they mine them.  Normally, coins are raped by the constant selling of multipools.  Not SPR.

Once masternodes go live, this coin is going to go parabolic.  Reasons being:

1.  To get a masternode you need 1000 SPR.  There's not much SPR for sale so you have to buy at the ask.  People just plain aren't hitting bids.

2.  Mining is hard but having a masternode will be a means for most people to get more SPR on a regular basis.  People are going to want masternodes.

I'm actually quite amazed that the price is still this low.  I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise. 

Good point!masternodes will serve as POS to some extent.

That's one way to look at them, yes.  Mining coins is already really hard yet people understand Mr. Spread is an excellent dev so they mine anyway.  Once masternodes go live, mining will be that much harder so people will want to get 1000 SPR to get a masternode.  Thing there is, as people buy 1000 SPR over and over, the price is going to go up which will attract more miners and people who want masternodes.  Rinse and repeat.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:43:30 AM

Some numbers to think about:
MyFarm

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:50:24 AM

Thanks for making that!  The only issue I see with it is it only takes the price up to .003 SPR.  If my math is correct, that's well less than a 1.5 million market cap.  I suspect SPR will be much higher than that within a few months.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:02:58 AM

I suspect people are waiting to make sure that Mr. Spread comes through with the masternode promise.  

After new year I will have hell of a lot of free time, so I hope in the second half of January we will have some code for public testing, maybe sooner.

I am hopeful.  Smiley

Solo mining by miners who actually care about and value their currency + Masternodes is a really great economic model.

PS Thanks Mr Spread for the Big Backup Button! - Hopefully people will use it and save themselves future misery. If you get around to a 1-click-print-privkey(s) solution at some point that would also be fantastic.
snogcel

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:47:39 AM

Picked up a few more coins to bring me up to a round number - nodes are going to be hard to come by when the time rolls around ;-)

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 04:48:05 AM

@ Mr.Spread
How do you plan to handle the intensity and other single/multi gpu configs and settings ?

I have some tips if you're willing to include a Win7 mining tweaks/ guide. eg. How to's on, disabling media player/ internet browser hardware acceleration, driver updates, ect.

The best way to achive a high level of decentralization would be to win over the single gpu/cpu users/newbies by making their involvement as seamless and as hassle free as possible. If successful, the swarm will leave the privkey whales with little to no WUs to feed on.

Poor whale...  Wink
Right now it is only about removing the necessity to create and edit spreadcoin.conf, I didn't yet thought about adding GPU mining to GUI.
You would probably be able to set mining parameters and start mining from GUI, instead of creating new console window it will output all info back to GUI. For this we'll need some good default parameters, mining guide is also appreciated. Mining guide is useful anyway, regardless of the presence of the GUI mining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg9906788#msg9906788

lol.. I thought you were talking about gpu mining. ---^^^
Yes, I was talking about GPU mining, we might have misunderstood each other. GPU mining will not require editing spreadcoin.conf, but it is still not added to gui (yet), so intensity and other settings are still miner's responsibility. I got the impression that you were talking about how these parameters will be handled from GUI.

Yes I was.. Smiley

Has anyone figured out what the best single gpu/ functional desktop settings are ?

My newest (and verrry lucky Grin ), stock 7870, config was running fine until I tried raising the intensity higher than 17. eg. -I 18 made little difference, -I 19 crashed sgminer and the Catalyst 14.9 drivers.

Code:
"intensity" : "17",
"xintensity" : "0",
"rawintensity" : "0",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "spreadcoin",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "4096", (TIP: lowering the TC from 8192 made raising the intensity, from 15 to 17 possible.)
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "4",

snogcel

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:53:23 AM

@ Mr.Spread
How do you plan to handle the intensity and other single/multi gpu configs and settings ?

I have some tips if you're willing to include a Win7 mining tweaks/ guide. eg. How to's on, disabling media player/ internet browser hardware acceleration, driver updates, ect.

The best way to achive a high level of decentralization would be to win over the single gpu/cpu users/newbies by making their involvement as seamless and as hassle free as possible. If successful, the swarm will leave the privkey whales with little to no WUs to feed on.

Poor whale...  Wink
Right now it is only about removing the necessity to create and edit spreadcoin.conf, I didn't yet thought about adding GPU mining to GUI.
You would probably be able to set mining parameters and start mining from GUI, instead of creating new console window it will output all info back to GUI. For this we'll need some good default parameters, mining guide is also appreciated. Mining guide is useful anyway, regardless of the presence of the GUI mining.

Yes, I was talking about GPU mining, we might have misunderstood each other. GPU mining will not require editing spreadcoin.conf, but it is still not added to gui (yet), so intensity and other settings are still miner's responsibility. I got the impression that you were talking about how these parameters will be handled from GUI.

Yes I was.. Smiley

Has anyone figured out what the best single gpu/ functional desktop settings are ?

My newest (and verrry lucky Grin ), stock 7870, config was running fine until I tried raising the intensity higher than 17. eg. -I 18 made little difference, -I 19 crashed sgminer and the Catalyst 14.9 drivers.

Code:
"thread-concurrency" : "4096", (TIP: lowering the TC from 8192 made raising the intensity, from 15 to 17 possible.)

It varies from card to card but I found that xintensity = 220 works really nicely on a 290x. Gives you a lot more room to fine tune, more notes here:

https://github.com/veox/sgminer/commit/7aeae40af22e6108aab8b68a229eea25a639d650

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 06:50:47 AM

@ Mr.Spread

Poor whale...  Wink

Yes I was.. Smiley

Code:

http://img.techpowerup.org/141223/SPR7870lucky.jpg

It varies from card to card but I found that xintensity = 220 works really nicely on a 290x. Gives you a lot more room to fine tune, more notes here:

https://github.com/veox/sgminer/commit/7aeae40af22e6108aab8b68a229eea25a639d650

Is that 290x running the main display with Windohs Aero enabled ?

Tyvm for the info. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: