Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:09:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464089 times)
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:09:45 PM

I have tested to send a coin to cryptsy. I did not reach the destination. Also going to test to send to Bittrex.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:43:55 PM

We have confirmed Bleutrade has updated to v1.5.1
We have yet to confirm with Cryptsy and Bittrex but, are persisting with them.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:10:32 PM

I've seen some critics over the last week that I think are not fair.

IMO SLG Team is doing a great work.

It could be improved, I agree, but we all know that SLG TEAM is probably one of the most compromised team in the cryptso space

Sometimes we will find some dificulties like now, but in the end this what show us how strong is SLG.

Keep the good work!!!!
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:17:38 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 04:32:50 AM by CryptoCanary

@Devs: no periodic updates here, web-page still not working ... what's going on here? To be honest I do not believe it's so difficult and so expensive to get official webpage working again. Without working official web-page, people cannot trust coin and invest here.

We are pleased to inform you the Sterlingcoin website is back up. While some of the features we once had are still not present, we have restored at least a presence.

You are correct kalko, a webpage is not very expensive. In our defense; an API, Forum, Explorer, Seeds, and Store are by far, much more than just a webpage. The costs associated with all our services, and over a long time, caused the outage. We are working to restore services as fast as financially possible and do appreciate your understanding as we bring them back.

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:34:06 AM

We have the in-wallet twitter feed functioning again also.  Smiley

CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:13:44 PM

@Devs: no periodic updates here, web-page still not working ... what's going on here? To be honest I do not believe it's so difficult and so expensive to get official webpage working again. Without working official web-page, people cannot trust coin and invest here.

We are pleased to inform you the Sterlingcoin website is back up. While some of the features we once had are still not present, we have restored at least a presence.

You are correct kalko, a webpage is not very expensive. In our defense; an API, Forum, Explorer, Seeds, and Store are by far, much more than just a webpage. The costs associated with all our services, and over a long time, caused the outage. We are working to restore services as fast as financially possible and do appreciate your understanding as we bring them back.

Welcome back SLG!  Well done team; looking forward to what's next.  Wink

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
thedok

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:19:07 AM

An update:

Matthew Langdon is now Lead Developer for Sterlingcoin.

Steven Saxton has take control of the Donationcoin project as Lead Developer but also remains on the team at Sterlingcoin.

I am is still part of the team as a developer and will continue to maintain the wallet but am now Lead Developer for DarkSilk which is going into prelaunch in a matter of weeks.

why a new coin? what will it do that this one doesn't? I think a new scam dev (igotspots) has been born
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:29:03 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 01:45:37 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

An update:

Steven Saxton has take control of the Donationcoin project as Lead Developer but also remains on the team at Sterlingcoin.

I am is still part of the team as a developer and will continue to maintain the wallet but am now Lead Developer for DarkSilk which is going into prelaunch in a matter of weeks.

why a new coin? what will it do that this one doesn't? I think a new scam dev (igotspots) has been born

Why a new coin? Because I was hired to develop it. I have bills to pay and a mouth to feed.

Also because the Silkcoin community got royally screwed by their developer and they now want a public and honest developer to carry the project further. Both Silkcoin and DarkSilk.

DarkSilk isn't a scam and I am certainly not a scam dev. I have developed 3 coins which are Donationcoin, Sterlingcoin and now DarkSilk. Also I put my name to every coin I have developed.

I am fed up with people like you shouting your mouth off before you have the facts. Without people like myself who have a positive outlook and want to develop and push the crypto community further, you have nothing.
Unless you want to spend your time learning to program, dealing with communities and trying to provide a load of cool stuff to a bunch of strangers you don't even know.

If you don't like it you know where to go (Computer Science course at University), or at least get some fucking evidence before you go shouting your mouth off.

Also for the record cryptocurrency development has done nothing for me except cost me time, money and my relationships.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:28:21 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 06:14:32 PM by CryptoCanary

An update:

I must come to my colleague and friend's defense here.

In the year and a half I have had the privilege of working with Spencer, I have seen first hand the sacrifices this man has made to maintain his, and the projects he associates with, integrity, transparency, accountability, and all out world-class work. His actions do not need to hide behind the cloak of an alias like igotspots or others. Rather, he ties his name to his projects. Certainly a scam artist would not put his name, picture (reference: http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/#team), address, and phone number (reference: http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/#contacts) as public information.

I do very much understand your watchful eye of scam artists in this industry, thedok. But please, scrutinize the evidence before you make unjust claims. We in fact welcome that scrutiny and have exposed ourselves willingly to the most rigorous proof of developer requirements in the industry (reference: http://proofofdev.com/project/slg-sterlingcoin/ and http://www.coinssource.com/trust-index/sterlingcoin-slg/) and have received the highest possible scores.

I do feel I have offered sufficient evidence to undoubtedly state, Spencer is NOT a scam dev. Any accusation that he is one has no support and is nothing less than absurd.

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:01:39 PM

I have tested to send a coin to cryptsy. I did not reach the destination. Also going to test to send to Bittrex.

In regards to Bittrex specifically, while trying to get Bittrex to update to v1.5.1, I received this communication from Richie Lai of Bittrex:

Hey Steven,

I've been trying to unwind a bunch of bad transactions... It looks like we have deposits dating back almost a month that somehow were orphaned? There are also a bunch of bad deposits starting from Monday. Do you guys have a foundation or something that can help us recover coins? It looks like we're out about 42k in bad deposits. I've resynced now but can't reopen until we make our balance whole.

Thanks,
Richie

I have responded to Richie and informed him that we do not have a foundation. I also told him I would reach out to our community. As you may know, the dev found has long been depleted by server costs and none of those funds remain. I with all of my own personal Sterlingcoin and on behalf of the Sterlingcoin developers, could contribute half of the 42k to do this if the community can aid with the rest. It does appear any action should wait until after the fork.

oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:37:34 AM

In regards to Bittrex specifically, while trying to get Bittrex to update to v1.5.1, I received this communication from Richie Lai of Bittrex:

Hey Steven,

I've been trying to unwind a bunch of bad transactions... It looks like we have deposits dating back almost a month that somehow were orphaned? There are also a bunch of bad deposits starting from Monday. Do you guys have a foundation or something that can help us recover coins? It looks like we're out about 42k in bad deposits. I've resynced now but can't reopen until we make our balance whole.

Thanks,
Richie

I have responded to Richie and informed him that we do not have a foundation. I also told him I would reach out to our community. As you may know, the dev found has long been depleted by server costs and none of those funds remain. I with all of my own personal Sterlingcoin and on behalf of the Sterlingcoin developers, could contribute half of the 42k to do this if the community can aid with the rest. It does appear any action should wait until after the fork.

How did it happen. Can we prevent so it does not happen again?

I can contribute to fill the mug with another 10k. If someone else is willing to contribute with the missing fourth?

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 444
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:35:46 AM

An update:

If you don't like it you know where to go (Computer Science course at University), or at least get some fucking evidence before you go shouting your mouth off.

Also for the record cryptocurrency development has done nothing for me except cost me time, money and my relationships.

What an utterly amateurish response to someone with real concerns. Sure, calling you a scam dev may be out of order but that's a pitiful answer and shows you have no idea how to engage with the community. This coin started promisingly but has faltered because of your inability to market yourselves and your coin in an effective way. Maybe you should go to marketing and PR school if crypto has done nothing for you.

Hey Steven,

Thanks,
Richie

Well that's the final straw for me. I have no faith in this coin anymore. Such a shame. Wish you all the best.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 09:01:12 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 09:22:03 AM by SLievensDRKSLK

An update:

What an utterly amateurish response to someone with real concerns. Sure, calling you a scam dev may be out of order but that's a pitiful answer and shows you have no idea how to engage with the community. This coin started promisingly but has faltered because of your inability to market yourselves and your coin in an effective way. Maybe you should go to marketing and PR school if crypto has done nothing for you.

Hey Steven,

Thanks,
Richie

Well that's the final straw for me. I have no faith in this coin anymore. Such a shame. Wish you all the best.

I'm a person who is very direct and after the time I have spent working for the community for someone to say what was said, of course I am going to get angry.

I woke up yesterday after working most nights until 5am on Sterlingcoin, Donationcoin and DarkSilk to see this lovely message.

I responded with an honest, brutal and direct response which maybe I shouldn't of done, but amateurish it was not.

If you wish to leave this community based on the fact of orphaned/lost transactions, even though I notified the community to cease trading and not transfer funds until the wallet situation was sorted, then fair enough. If you went against what I said and lost funds due to orphaned blocks then you cannot blame us the developers for not informing you.

The day a community works is the day it actually gets involved with the perpetual motion and forward movement of the cryptocurrency. Unlike at the moment where every community member expects the developer to not only create the coin but to convert everyone in the world to using it single-handedly.

Mrbee

Activity: 454

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:55:59 AM

Hey Steven,

Thanks,
Richie

How did it happen. Can we prevent so it does not happen again?

I can contribute to fill the mug with another 10k. If someone else is willing to contribute with the missing fourth?

I can contribute the last 10K SLG.
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 06:00:12 PM

An update:

This comment is really a bit over the top.

The integrity of the SLG team is surely beyond question by now??   Huh

They have proven themselves time and time again, and will do so again, I'm sure.

I can't deny I had a bit of a wobble when I heard about the dev re-shuffle, but it would never have occurred to me to question anyone's integrity, not on this coin.

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 06:11:05 PM

I'm a person who is very direct and after the time I have spent working for the community for someone to say what was said, of course I am going to get angry.

I woke up yesterday after working most nights until 5am on Sterlingcoin, Donationcoin and DarkSilk to see this lovely message.

I responded with an honest, brutal and direct response which maybe I shouldn't of done, but amateurish it was not.

If you wish to leave this community based on the fact of orphaned/lost transactions, even though I notified the community to cease trading and not transfer funds until the wallet situation was sorted, then fair enough. If you went against what I said and lost funds due to orphaned blocks then you cannot blame us the developers for not informing you.

The day a community works is the day it actually gets involved with the perpetual motion and forward movement of the cryptocurrency. Unlike at the moment where every community member expects the developer to not only create the coin but to convert everyone in the world to using it single-handedly.

How anyone can possibly imagine that it is legitimate to lose faith in a coin over such a (relatively) trivial matter is absolutely beyond me!!   Roll Eyes

Especially, as Spencer has pointed out, that this really has nothing at all to do with the coin, as such, or with the devs; it was a case of some A-hole cocking up by not paying attention to what they had been advised to do.

Have to agree with the last paragraph.  We all need to do more.

Developers develop.

Communities communicate.   (i.e publicise and promote!)

When the time is right, we really need to  look at organising some sort of SLG foundation to move things forward.

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
thedok

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:40:26 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 10:55:31 AM by thedok

An update:

Why a new coin? Because I was hired to develop it. I have bills to pay and a mouth to feed.

Also because the Silkcoin community got royally screwed by their developer and they now want a public and honest developer to carry the project further. Both Silkcoin and DarkSilk.

DarkSilk isn't a scam and I am certainly not a scam dev. I have developed 3 coins which are Donationcoin, Sterlingcoin and now DarkSilk. Also I put my name to every coin I have developed.

I am fed up with people like you shouting your mouth off before you have the facts. Without people like myself who have a positive outlook and want to develop and push the crypto community further, you have nothing.
Unless you want to spend your time learning to program, dealing with communities and trying to provide a load of cool stuff to a bunch of strangers you don't even know.

:'(now,now, spat your dummy out?lol. ok, so three coins? the question still remains, why didn't you stick with the first one, it could be getting somewhere by now. like I said a coin is a coin, if you think making more shitcoins is good for crypto then youre seriously deluded. Also, it didn't take long to see the real spencers attitude now that you've deserted your community did it. it sounds as though you want to succeed with your coins but you have (became evident a while ago) an underlining distain for the community anyways, probably because of lack of "donations" or as you likely call it,,, wages. If crypto is putting such strain on your life you should probably go get a real job. I already stated that I left your community months ago so you could always prove me wrong Roll Eyes Also, shut the fuck up about the working for the community bullshit, its all about you remember
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:58:15 AM

An update:

:'(now,now, spat your dummy out?lol. ok, so three coins? the question still remains, why didn't you stick with the first one, it could be getting somewhere by now. like I said a coin is a coin, if you think making more shitcoins is good for crypto then youre seriously deluded. Also, it didn't take long to see the real spencers attitude now that you've deserted your community did it. it sounds as though you want to succeed with your coins but you have (became evident a while ago) an underlining distain for the community anyways, probably because of lack of "donations" or as you likely call it,,, wages. If crypto is putting such strain on your life you should probably go get a real job. I already stated that I left your community months ago so you could always prove me wrong Roll Eyes Also, shut the fuck up about the working for the community bullshit, its all about you remember

If you left this community months ago, why are you still here??   Huh

Simply to be abusive?

I think our devs (yes, OUR devs!) can do without that.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 12:09:30 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 12:19:42 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

An update:

Donationcoin was created prior to Sterlingcoin, however you didn't care that I was lead developer of both.

The reason for DarkSilk; the Silkcoin community asked me to help fix Silkcoin and to launch DarkSilk (DarkSilk is a project I have been working on in the background for 4 months) because they had been screwed by their developer, exchanges, bad press etc and they wanted a good, public and honest developer to come to their aid, I obliged.

So at this point I was then Lead Developer of 3 coins which simply cannot be.

I made Steven Saxton the Lead Developer and controller of the Donationcoin GitHub and instamine as he made the first ever Donationcoin faucet and is an honest and public developer/person. I then made Matthew Langdon the Lead Developer of Sterlingcoin as he had built every system for Sterlingcoin except the wallet.

This then left me as the Lead Developer of DarkSilk. For the record, I am not the Lead Developer of Silkcoin and the GitHub is controlled by the Silkcoin community.

So now Donationcoin still has 3 team members, the same 3 but a simple shift of leadership.

Sterlingcoin has 3 team members, the same 3 but again just a shift of leadership.

Hope this clears that up a bit and shows no one has "deserted" anyone.

EDIT: Also you can in fact see that I work for multiple companies and projects such as Donationcoin, Sterlingcoin, DarkSilk, Moodcrawler, Trollcoin, Silkcoin, PeacebyTrade, Aerosoul Ltd, Brighton & Hove Audio Council and website design.
wicks

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:18:03 PM

This coin started promisingly but has faltered because of your inability to market yourselves and your coin in an effective way
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: