Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463991 times)
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 11:18:09 AM

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002106667-Markets-Removed-01-27-17

Quote from: Bittrex zendesk post

These markets were removed on 01/27/17 due to lack of interest.

... (Sterlingcoin not in this list)  ...

The following are still being evaluated for delisting (final decision coming on 01/28/17):

... BTC-SLG ...

So it would seem Sterlingcoin's fate at Bittrex is still undecided.

Bill did email me Friday in response to my initial email this go-around and stated that we were close to the minimum, but questioned if we would be able to keep above the cut off in the future. Leaving him and I to repeat this, and I quote, "dance again weekly". Which, it is not weekly but, his message was clear.

My initial email was a very solid argument, the best of these I have had to compose for Bittrex and with hard facts this time. Citing the seednodes being restored, block explorer returning, slack, and telegram. All of which were new since I last needed to plead our case and I have got leniency with much less.

Yesterday in the Bittrex slack he did speak to all coin devs and did point out all the considerations they take into account. Social media activity, development activity, community involvement, and of course volume. One thing he did note is that he does monitor volume and is aware of projects only having volume when a warning is active. Which, I don't find necessarily applicable to Sterlingcoin as our recent spike occurred at a time when there was no warning. Though, we do of course react to the warning when it is enabled. I do feel volume was the only mark missed as I do keep the social media non-stagnant, community involvement is here, and while development may not be at a blistering rate, it is progressing. Progression being what he does look for, his words. But I will not deny all these measures could be better. For them not, I do apoligize.

One thing in particular in the slack discussion did 'strike a nerve' with me. Bill explained, quoting loosely, "coins come and go. Adding and removing them is the nature of the business." While I certainly can see his point from an exchange's perspective, I feel statements like that leave little room for long-term projects. In this past initial email I did explain briefly the hardships long-term projects must endure that 'wham bam thank you mam' projects need not. Of course, my wording was more professional and I am not alleging Bittrex lists pump and dump coins. That said, I do feel there is middle ground between 'pump and dump' and 'long-term'. I did also explain in my initial email, ok it was a letter, it is harder for long-term projects to maintain consistently 'par' volume levels for many reasons. The industry is geared for projects to come and go and his own later statement proves that applies to his exchange as well.

At any rate, Bill did go on to explain in slack that projects can be added back if they are delisted. He said they evaluate coins for return "about once a quarter" and he offered that maybe delisting during long development phases might be better for both the coin and the exchange. We all know the events that have lead us to this point. We all know Bittrex is a business. That said, I will not deny Bittrex has been very tolerant and understanding in the past. Regardless of Bittrex's final decision, nothing will stop Sterlingcoin from going forward. I for one do hold the title of "The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world" very prestigiously and have no intention of Sterlingcoin putting, nor letting, that crown down.

well said mate ...

#crysx

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:26:07 AM

bittrex thinking about it...  Huh

send him one btc   Tongue
that will help him think about it faster and with great results  Cool
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 02:52:01 AM

i thought it was flattery that always worked - not bribery ...

then again - this IS bittrex ...

Tongue ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 10:26:59 AM

Tongue ...

#crysx

I can tell you first hand, Bittrex does not accept bribes. You can witness coins trying to bribe them all day and getting rejected in the Bittrex slack. After all, this IS one of the most trusted exchanges in the industry.

I am very pleased to announce, for those that have yet to observe, Sterlingcoin has retained its listing on Bittrex.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2017, 02:15:32 PM

bittrex thinking about it...  Huh

send him one btc   Tongue
that will help him think about it faster and with great results  Cool

Tongue ...

#crysx

I can tell you first hand, Bittrex does not accept bribes. You can witness coins trying to bribe them all day and getting rejected in the Bittrex slack. After all, this IS one of the most trusted exchanges in the industry.

I am very pleased to announce, for those that have yet to observe, Sterlingcoin has retained its listing on Bittrex.

yay ...

and so it starts again ...

awesome work there mate ...

and trusted? ... ummm ... ok ...

largest and one of the highest volume - ill totally agree with ...

but then - i wont get into any argument on here over the trust factor bittrex has ...

#crysx

Sapfon

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 03:35:31 PM

My wallet seems to update slowly, version 1.5.1.1 and like 38000 blocks behind, currently been getting maybe 1000 blocks per day Sad
westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2017, 05:00:46 PM

My wallet seems to update slowly, version 1.5.1.1 and like 38000 blocks behind, currently been getting maybe 1000 blocks per day Sad

Had a similar problem. The way I resolved this was to do a fresh installation of the wallet.

1. Make sure you saved a copy of your wallet.dat file first before proceeding.
2. Remove the sterlingcoin folder from AppData\Roaming (assuming it's a windows installation)
3. Make a fresh installation. (Links for the wallet can be found in the first post).
4. Replace the wallet.dat in the newly created sterlingcoin folder with a copy of the wallet.dat file you saved from your previous wallet.
5. Start the wallet and let it update/sync. It will take a few hours.
L-Andrey

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 02:39:05 PM

some dev have two accounts on Bittrex, and sell coins themselves, to avoid delisting...  Wink
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 03:39:01 AM

some dev have two accounts on Bittrex, and sell coins themselves, to avoid delisting...  Wink

I hear some devs make scam coins also, and fund such dishonest endeavours, to avoid having to maintain any professional integrity... Wink

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2017, 03:52:41 AM

Please vote on LiveCoin.net, https://www.livecoin.net/voting/index?vote=SterlingCoin   

Join the Sterlingcoin telegram if you wish, https://t.me/Sterlingcoin

PM me with an email address to send the invite to, if you wish to join the Sterlingcoin Slack.

Have a nice weekend, Sterlingcoiners!

L-Andrey

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 08:17:17 AM

I hear some devs make scam coins also, and fund such dishonest endeavours, to avoid having to maintain any professional integrity... Wink

On the one hand it is a very noble, but on the other hand, in the world of wolves and sheep, you will be eaten! Very sorry! Your fate to stagnate at best... I am sorry for my English, I'm just learning, but I already understood the laws of speculation.

p.s. scam coin is a separate issue and it is nothing to do with.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 09:09:18 AM

On the one hand it is a very noble, but on the other hand, in the world of wolves and sheep, you will be eaten! Very sorry! Your fate to stagnate at best... I am sorry for my English, I'm just learning, but I already understood the laws of speculation.

Your English is fine. No need to apologize.

Your point is understood and I do see your argument. But I am not sure you are taking into account the troubles Sterlingcoin has endured, specifically financially speaking. Not only would doing what you suggest consume man hours, but money also. Both being in short supply.

While I would absolutely love to have both the time and budget to spend on trading, or as you suggest, creating fake volume to prevent delistings, I do not have either at this point in time. That said, Bill of Bittrex has stated previously he is privy to coins doing this. Perhaps that is why we have been fortunate in gaining leniency. He knows none of our volume is fake. If he suspected or knew any or all of it was fake, I doubt any leniency would be granted and certainly not repeatedly.

At the end of the day, I still believe, honesty is the best policy. It may not be the easiest or most profitable in short term, but time has a funny way of sorting that out. Sterlingcoin aims to stand those tests of time.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

Your English is fine. No need to apologize.

Your point is understood and I do see your argument. But I am not sure you are taking into account the troubles Sterlingcoin has endured, specifically financially speaking. Not only would doing what you suggest consume man hours, but money also. Both being in short supply.

While I would absolutely love to have both the time and budget to spend on trading, or as you suggest, creating fake volume to prevent delistings, I do not have either at this point in time. That said, Bill of Bittrex has stated previously he is privy to coins doing this. Perhaps that is why we have been fortunate in gaining leniency. He knows none of our volume is fake. If he suspected or knew any or all of it was fake, I doubt any leniency would be granted and certainly not repeatedly.

At the end of the day, I still believe, honesty is the best policy. It may not be the easiest or most profitable in short term, but time has a funny way of sorting that out. Sterlingcoin aims to stand those tests of time.

i second that mate ...

#crysx

coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:46:15 PM

Any updates? Thread seems dead here.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:58:27 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 09:50:26 PM by CryptoCanary

Any updates? Thread seems dead here.

Hi, coinfello and fellow Sterlingcoiners. Steven here, I finally regained control of my personal BCT account.

Sorry for the lack of communication. I have been up to my eyeballs dealing with a recent hardfork of another project I am involved with, EverGreenCoin. Also, I have been negotiating some big moves for Donationcoin. For those that might not know or remember, I inherited the Donationcoin project in a similar situation but well after it was considered dead by most measures. I know some of the Sterlingcoin community followed Spencer from that project. Those interested should watch its thread as big announcements have and even bigger are bubbling up.

Please do not mistake this lack of communication as a lack of work being done and progress for Sterlingcoin. We have pushed a dozen or so commits to the Sterlingcoin github recently. The commits contain, but not limited to: Checkpoints, the Sterlingcoin code having gone a very long time without any. Correction to checkpoint stake modifiers, having previously been done improperly. Security patches for Position Independent Executable builds. Removal of unneeded ancestral BTC code for DNS seednodes. Configuration files, manpages, logrotate and various other documentation file updates. Lastly, a revision bump to v1.5.2.1 as there will be new wallets released in the near future. Much nearer future than what could feasibly be done for a complete rebase. That is not to rule out the complete rebase, but to provide the enhancements of those listed herein, further forthcoming enhancements, plus bringing both the Lite version and the Full version together into one Sterlingcoin release.

Now that the unintentional forking issue with EGC is put away as it does appear it is, concentrated focus can and will be brought to Sterlingcoin. I apologise that those forking issues had to take higher priority, but it was honestly crippling and near-killing that project as exchanges were threatening to remove it if the issue was not resolved. That community is fully aware of my other obligations and, having a reliable blockchain now, is ready to stand on its own feet without constant, seemingly endless for me because of repeating network issues, attention. The issue was not only an issue for that coin, but for me as it repeatedly removed all time from my schedule to move anything forward, including my personal and professional life. As you can see and I admit, that has consumed much of Sterlingcoin's schedule as well. I am very relieved to see the unpredictable black-hole finally removed from mine and others' schedules.

An update on the ChainWorks Industries front also, Crysx is readying to build and bring online 25 Sterlingcoin seednodes. Some personal legal issues They will be seednodes on different continents, giving Sterlingcoin protection against natural disasters and other continent specific outages that may occur. That infrastructure will be in place before finalising the new wallets as we will have those seednodes hardcoded also. This will be done in a way that I will retain DNS control but done in a way not relying on one DNS controller.

Again, my many apologies for the lack of communication recently.

Steven

coinfello
Legendary

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:30:38 PM

Good to hear there is work being done in the background, I'd know it would be all very time consuming and a headache. With maybe further developments sterlingcoin could one day return to first page on trex. I have a good feeling on it  Smiley
Sapfon

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:39:54 AM

Added some more buy support to Bittrex again... Just to give some volume.

Still eagerly waiting for updates Smiley Was glad to hear that work is being carried on in the background.
westloin

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:17:21 AM

Bittrex:

This market is being delisted on 03/18/17 due to lack of interest.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 12:28:15 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 12:50:22 PM by Sterlingcoin

Bittrex:

This market is being delisted on 03/18/17 due to lack of interest.

I will compose a letter to Bill of Bittrex today. I will explain the details to him that I explained in my previous post made from my personal account. I will elaborate to him how the decisions detailed were the best decisions in regards to time management, both mine and Bittrex's staff. I will also explain the forward progress made already, again explained in my previous post.

I, of course, will relay any communication I receive in return.

coinfello
Legendary

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:45:14 PM

Well well I spoke to soon, sorry guys I dumped what I had left I just can't continue with all the uncertainty, I held all the way through the last delisting notice but this time it's to much. Good luck to Dev and the project.
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: