Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463979 times)
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:30:05 AM

Just installed the windows wallet. Nice!
I'm staking my wallet 24/7. Is there another way to help the network?
Is it possible to support by setting up a seednode? How to?

Hi oneoff, sorry for the slow response. I was catching up on some much-needed sleep after getting the source code finalised for Windows, it compiled, and released.

Thanks for the compliment! Quite an eyeful, no? Wink I am very proud of the results, especially the statistics on the overview. It is a very attractive design that is turning heads on social media and I hope that does bring Sterlingcoin new interest.

Thank you for staking 24/7 and supporting the network by helping to process the blockchain. Judging by the rising network stake weight the past 24 hours, the new wallet has brought on more consistent stakers. This is very good for the network.

It is possible for you to setup and to run a full node. Add "server=1", "daemon=1", and "listen=1" to your config file and be sure your router forwards port traffic to the host. When you connect to the DNS seednodes, they will distribute your IP to other wallets in search of peers, effectively distributing your node as a seednode. But the actual 'seednode' label is reserved for nodes running in datacenters.

Again, thanks for the support and, very glad you like the new wallet.

Is it possible to run a node from an empty wallet. If so I have some VPS that I gladly install SLG wallet upon.

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
westloin

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 06:57:06 AM

Hey Steven, I like what you did with the statistics overview. Very convenient. 21 connections, not too bad.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 07:29:36 AM

Hi oneoff, sorry for the slow response. I was catching up on some much-needed sleep after getting the source code finalised for Windows, it compiled, and released.

Thanks for the compliment! Quite an eyeful, no? Wink I am very proud of the results, especially the statistics on the overview. It is a very attractive design that is turning heads on social media and I hope that does bring Sterlingcoin new interest.

Thank you for staking 24/7 and supporting the network by helping to process the blockchain. Judging by the rising network stake weight the past 24 hours, the new wallet has brought on more consistent stakers. This is very good for the network.

It is possible for you to setup and to run a full node. Add "server=1", "daemon=1", and "listen=1" to your config file and be sure your router forwards port traffic to the host. When you connect to the DNS seednodes, they will distribute your IP to other wallets in search of peers, effectively distributing your node as a seednode. But the actual 'seednode' label is reserved for nodes running in datacenters.

Is it possible to run a node from an empty wallet. If so I have some VPS that I gladly install SLG wallet upon.

It certainly is possible and it does help the network. You will want to follow these instructions: https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/blob/master/README.md#build-instructions-for-terminal-based-linux-wallet

Thanks in advance!

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 09:16:24 AM

Hey Steven, I like what you did with the statistics overview. Very convenient. 21 connections, not too bad.

Thanks for taking the time to voice your satisfaction and I am glad you like it, westloin.

Both through the cooperation with CWI, 'in-house' infrastructure, and from within the community, the Sterlingcoin network is actively being expanded. Do expect peer counts to climb.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 10:20:48 AM

It certainly is possible and it does help the network. You will want to follow these instructions: https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/blob/master/README.md#build-instructions-for-terminal-based-linux-wallet

Thanks in advance!

Great, there is instructions. I'll give it a shot this weekend. Which port and how do I validate that the node is running?

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 12:19:27 PM

Great, there is instructions. I'll give it a shot this weekend. Which port and how do I validate that the node is running?

P2P, port 1141 forwarding is sometimes needed for home network routers, but you can most likely ignore that for most VPS setups. Following the instructions should get you up and running.

You can validate it is running by issuing the command:

./sterlingcoind getinfo

Get ahold of me in the slack when you are working on it. I will gladly help.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 02:35:04 AM

... datacenters ...

On second thought, we do have many DNS names reserved for the CWI seednodes that are hardcoded in version >= 1.6.0.0. I have started to use some of these names temporarily to help fortify the network while CWI restores operations from a natural disaster that affected CWI's infrastructure. 2 additional seednodes are already up in this manner, bringing the current total of hardcoded DNS seednodes now active to 4.

If any long-standing community member runs a Sterlingcoin daemon on their VPS (or other, i.e. self-hosted) with a static IP, we can arrange the needed DNS edits quickly. If only in the absence of the additional CWI seednodes, I see no reason why other generous community members' nodes can't contribute like this if they want to. Please PM if you are interested in contributing to the Sterlingcoin network in this way.

Thanks! Cheers!

typeQ

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:24:10 AM

since this project got my attention can u please point me to the roadmap of it? Thank u!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 05:40:17 PM

since this project got my attention can u please point me to the roadmap of it? Thank u!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721936.msg18362991#msg18362991

You're welcome and thanks for the interest.

Sempiternals

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:47:45 PM

do the blog articles campaign still on ? if yes where do i submit my form
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 06:04:41 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 05:55:03 AM by Sterlingcoin

Current Version 1.6.0.1

Friendly reminder, please upgrade to Sterlingcoin v1.6.0.1 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks in advance for doing so!

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 06:07:00 PM

do the blog articles campaign still on ? if yes where do i submit my form

Hi Sempiternals,

If you have a blog article you have written, you can share a link here.

Thanks!

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 10:57:28 PM

cwi-seed03.sterlingcoin.org and cwi-seed04.sterlingcoin.org will be going online very soon. These 2 nodes are donated by oneoff and we thank him for the contribution to the Sterlingcoin network. 6 hardcoded DNS seednodes will be operational at that time.

On that note, because the Sterlingcoin seednodes are resolved from both the sterlingcoin.org and sterlingcoin.org.uk domains, the seednodes are redundantly protected from large-spread DNS outages. These seednodes are also geographically located far enough away to protect from global disasters.

You should be observing higher peer counts.

'Both sides of the pond!'

STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2017, 03:37:12 PM

Just downloaded & installed latest wallet.

Smooth & effortless, synced like a charm.

Great look about it, love the stats display!!  Grin

Looks a bit odd on 'full screen' mode, copies right side of picture and displays 50% on right of screen, so best to 'restore down'.

All in all, a great job; well done Steven!   Wink

Now looking forward to the core upgrade.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 03:11:54 AM

Just downloaded & installed latest wallet.

Smooth & effortless, synced like a charm.

Great look about it, love the stats display!!  Grin

Looks a bit odd on 'full screen' mode, copies right side of picture and displays 50% on right of screen, so best to 'restore down'.

All in all, a great job; well done Steven!   Wink

Now looking forward to the core upgrade.

Sterling Sentinel

I did notice the Qt would repeat the background on maximising while I was working on the code. At that time, I assessed the code changes that needed to occur to get Qt to scale the image. Because the primary goal was changing the private keys (checkpoint and alert) and the sleek and informative overview left little reason to maximise (and I thought very few people would ever even try), I shelved that 'corner-case' aesthetic improvement to the code. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved and will love taking the time to address this. This can and will certainly be addressed in future releases and yes, phased in with core updates.

Other-than-that, I am pleased you are happy with it, STERLING SENTINEL! Thank you for taking the time to post your satisfaction and kind words!

STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 06:00:42 PM

I did notice the Qt would repeat the background on maximising while I was working on the code. At that time, I assessed the code changes that needed to occur to get Qt to scale the image. Because the primary goal was changing the private keys (checkpoint and alert) and the sleek and informative overview left little reason to maximise (and I thought very few people would ever even try), I shelved that 'corner-case' aesthetic improvement to the code. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved and will love taking the time to address this. This can and will certainly be addressed in future releases and yes, phased in with core updates.

Other-than-that, I am pleased you are happy with it, STERLING SENTINEL! Thank you for taking the time to post your satisfaction and kind words!

Personally, I don't really care when it is addressed; it's only a cosmetic issue, and I was only making an observation, certainly not a criticism.  It can easily wait the few months it will take to complete the upgrade, that's for sure.

As for being happy with it, I imagine that everyone in the Sterlingcoin community is more than happy right now!  Seednodes, wallet, roadmap, it's all there to make 2017 a year of great achievement for SLG.   Shocked

And an integral part of the CWI as well; what more could anyone want?  Roll Eyes

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 07:14:14 PM

Obviously more than happy here, but I would suggest to start making some noise so the community starts growing slowly.

We dont want to grow from 0 to 100 in one week. It's better to start moving slowly...

Just a suggestion and my point of view
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 08:32:19 PM

Obviously more than happy here, but I would suggest to start making some noise so the community starts growing slowly.

We dont want to grow from 0 to 100 in one week. It's better to start moving slowly...

How do you suggest we go about that?

I have been active on both fb and twitter, please share and retweet those.

We do have the DOT reserved for the cryptopia tipping. If the community agrees, I can go ahead with that.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:04:34 AM

We do have the DOT reserved for the cryptopia tipping. If the community agrees, I can go ahead with that.

As I've previously said, I would go for advertising in Coinmarketcap a few days geotargeting UK.
That way, people involved in cryptos from UK know SLG is still alive and kicking.
Moreover, a lot of people barely involved in cryptos also visits the website, so that could bring new people into cryptos
( I would also suggest you to reach https://www.litebit.eu/en and ask to list SLG)
Geotargeting will make the investment more useful.

About tipping in cryptopia I dont see it really useful. Most of the people in the trollbox are just international speculators, what wont make them get really interested in the coin neither holding it for the long term
It could help PnD the price a little bit, but don't think that's what we are looking for.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 04:03:41 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 04:26:43 AM by Sterlingcoin

As I've previously said, I would go for advertising in Coinmarketcap a few days geotargeting UK.
That way, people involved in cryptos from UK know SLG is still alive and kicking.
Moreover, a lot of people barely involved in cryptos also visits the website, so that could bring new people into cryptos
( I would also suggest you to reach https://www.litebit.eu/en and ask to list SLG)
Geotargeting will make the investment more useful.

About tipping in cryptopia I dont see it really useful. Most of the people in the trollbox are just international speculators, what wont make them get really interested in the coin neither holding it for the long term
It could help PnD the price a little bit, but don't think that's what we are looking for.

To my knowledge, CoinMarketCap is $300 USD (~.23 BTC) for 48 hours of the top banner. I can accept donations on behalf of the Sterlingcoin dev team at BTC: 1Kq7F6ghbX1fTivcGSY9MjmDnYTXh9GErJ for this purpose.

Litebit.eu has been contacted. I will relay any response I receive.

I mention tipping because we have raised 80k DOT for promotional purposes on cryptopia. The "featured currency" for a week is 250k DOT and is the next price-level promotion for sale at 'paytopia'. We could raise the bar and go for that if the community would prefer.

Thanks for the input, Rw13enlib88. Sorry if I made you repeat anything.

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: