Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463999 times)
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 12:54:17 PM

the first one looks better to be, but the second one looks like the coin brand color and like london's sky. always grey  Grin Grin Grin
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 04:15:49 AM

CoinMarketCap allows for ads to start at $100, not the previously mentioned $50. It does not appear that advertising can be "geo-targeted" on CoinMarketCap.

If we want the advertising directed at people within the UK only, we will have to discuss google Adsense or some other advertising that allows advertising to be targeted to geographic location. Both facebook and twitter do allow for geo-targeting advertising to my knowledge but of course, we are all open to other ideas.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:13:19 AM

CoinMarketCap allows for ads to start at $100, not the previously mentioned $50. It does not appear that advertising can be "geo-targeted" on CoinMarketCap.

If we want the advertising directed at people within the UK only, we will have to discuss google Adsense or some other advertising that allows advertising to be targeted to geographic location. Both facebook and twitter do allow for geo-targeting advertising to my knowledge but of course, we are all open to other ideas.

I've already done 3 geotargeting campaings with them and working fine

Not sure about the min budget but geotargeting works fine.

I can manage it for you if needed. pm
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 04:22:58 AM

I've already done 3 geotargeting campaings with them and working fine

Not sure about the min budget but geotargeting works fine.

I can manage it for you if needed. pm

I stand corrected. I was lead to believe geotargeting was not an option by a colleague that recently paid for some advertising there and their site did not mention different. Thank you for bringing this good news to attention.

Thank you for volunteering to help also, that is very kind of you to offer and greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
dvyanc

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:06:11 AM

First one looks better & clear.
my vote goes to first one.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
▄█████▀▄██████████████▄▀█████▄
█████▀████▀▀        ▀▀████▀█████
████████▀    ▄           ▀████████
████████     ███    ███     ████████
███████      ███   ███       ███████
███████       ███  ███         ███████
███████       ███▄███          ███████
███████       ███▀███          ███████
███████       ███  ███         ███████
███████      ███   ███       ███████
████████     ███    ███     ████████
████████▄               ▄████████
█████▄████▄▄        ▄▄████▄█████
▀█████▄▀██████████████▀▄█████▀
▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KWHCoin

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀          ▄▄▄▄      ▀███
███          ▄█████        ███
██▀          ███           ▀██
███         ▄▄███▄▄          ███
███         ███████          ███
███           ███            ███
██▄          ███           ▄██
███          ███           ███
███▄        ███         ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
███▀           ▄▄▄     ▀███
███     █▄      █████▄▀    ███
██▀     ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀    ▀██
███      ▀█████████████      ███
███       █████████████      ███
███        ▀██████████       ███
██▄        ▄████████       ▄██
███    ▄▄████████▀▀        ███
███▄                    ▄███
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 04:50:56 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 09:56:20 PM by Sterlingcoin

Donations to fund advertising on CoinMarketCap.com can be sent to BTC: 1Kq7F6ghbX1fTivcGSY9MjmDnYTXh9GErJ

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I have donated the first .015 and paid logocreator for his time on behalf of the SLG dev team.

pospow

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:10:55 AM

Please vote on LiveCoin.net, https://www.livecoin.net/voting/index?vote=SterlingCoin   

Join the Sterlingcoin telegram if you wish, https://t.me/Sterlingcoin

PM me with an email address to send the invite to, if you wish to join the Sterlingcoin Slack.

Have a nice weekend, Sterlingcoiners!
thanks for wishing good weekend which is ahead of us same for you here.
westloin

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

I'm having trouble syncing with the new wallet. Was offline for 1-2 weeks. Is there a snapshot so I can get it up to date?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 02:20:43 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2017, 04:08:04 AM by Sterlingcoin

I'm having trouble syncing with the new wallet. Was offline for 1-2 weeks. Is there a snapshot so I can get it up to date?

Hi westloin. Sorry you are having issues with your Sterlingcoin wallet again and sorry for the slow response. I do find it peculiar that this problem is repeating for you. Especially with the new wallet that does have the new and proper seednodes hard coded. I run various Sterlingcoin wallets locally (faucet, personal, ect) and never face the difficulties you have, certainly not nearly as often. My first thought is some network misconfiguration but, I know you are a long standing member of the Sterlingcoin community and would have crossed this bridge already long ago. To help you diagnose the repeating issue, can you tell me more about the situation? Specifically, does the wallet establish any connections and later drops them? Or does it seem to never find any in these situations?

At any rate, I have made and tested a new snapshot at block height 746004. I am still, as of the time of this writing, uploading this new snapshot. Please give me 2 hours for that upload to complete as my Internet connectivity is rather poor and it will take that long. As soon as the upload completes, I will edit and add a link to this post.

Again, sorry you are experiencing these repeating issues, westloin. I do hope the new snapshot will be found useful and, with a little investigation here or in the slack perhaps, we can get to the root cause.

Cheers!

EDIT: The snapshot is still uploading (75% complete) but in the meantime, I moved a fresh peers.dat file with 23 peers.

EDIT 2: http://sterlingcoin.org/SterlingcoinSnapshotAt746004.zip

westloin

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:52:37 AM

Hi westloin. Sorry you are having issues with your Sterlingcoin wallet again and sorry for the slow response. I do find it peculiar that this problem is repeating for you. Especially with the new wallet that does have the new and proper seednodes hard coded. I run various Sterlingcoin wallets locally (faucet, personal, ect) and never face the difficulties you have, certainly not nearly as often. My first thought is some network misconfiguration but, I know you are a long standing member of the Sterlingcoin community and would have crossed this bridge already long ago. To help you diagnose the repeating issue, can you tell me more about the situation? Specifically, does the wallet establish any connections and later drops them? Or does it seem to never find any in these situations?

At any rate, I have made and tested a new snapshot at block height 746004. I am still, as of the time of this writing, uploading this new snapshot. Please give me 2 hours for that upload to complete as my Internet connectivity is rather poor and it will take that long. As soon as the upload completes, I will edit and add a link to this post.

Again, sorry you are experiencing these repeating issues, westloin. I do hope the new snapshot will be found useful and, with a little investigation here or in the slack perhaps, we can get to the root cause.

Cheers!

Just opened the wallet again. It went up to 8 connections for a while and now it's down to 2 only. I'm also staking.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 04:18:25 AM

Cheers!

Just opened the wallet again. It went up to 8 connections for a while and now it's down to 2 only. I'm also staking.

I suspect the other 6 nodes disconnected from you, perhaps for your wallet "misbehaving". This could be from your copy of the blockchain being in an unintentional fork or trying to submit incorrect block height PoS blocks. The new snapshot will solve this, http://Sterlingcoin.org/SterlingcoinSnapshotAt746004.zip (~500 MB)

In the future, you may find it helpful to only enable staking after your wallet is fully synced. You can disable staking by leaving the wallet locked or using "staking=0" in your sterlingcoin.conf file.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:51:39 PM

btw, still don't understand why you use "From UK to the world"

who's gonna use UK's coin when you can have your own country's coin?
westloin

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:14:26 PM

Cheers!

I suspect the other 6 nodes disconnected from you, perhaps for your wallet "misbehaving". This could be from your copy of the blockchain being in an unintentional fork or trying to submit incorrect block height PoS blocks. The new snapshot will solve this, http://Sterlingcoin.org/SterlingcoinSnapshotAt746004.zip (~500 MB)

In the future, you may find it helpful to only enable staking after your wallet is fully synced. You can disable staking by leaving the wallet locked or using "staking=0" in your sterlingcoin.conf file.

I tried the new snapshot but more than half my balance was missing and the rest was 99.9% unconfirmed. I resorted in using the previous bootstap and now wallet is fully synced, got 18 connections and all coins are present and accounted for. No idea why this is sill happening to me.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:06:32 PM

Cheers!

I tried the new snapshot but more than half my balance was missing and the rest was 99.9% unconfirmed. I resorted in using the previous bootstap and now wallet is fully synced, got 18 connections and all coins are present and accounted for. No idea why this is sill happening to me.

As far as the balance, this could have been resolved by issuing the "repairwallet" command from the debug console. This makes the wallet perform a reconciliation and is often needed after snapshoting. Sorry I failed to mention it prior.

Glad to hear you are back to staking and with peers.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 07:25:22 PM

Sterlingcoin has always been "From the UK" and always will be.

Personally, I use many country coins. None of which I reside.

I think it's best to think of country coins and the use of these country coins as 'support' for that country and more so that culture. Not to be confused with the imaginary lines of borders governments and fiat want to paint vividly in our minds. This said, country coins are more about destroying these imaginary lines and not trying to reaffirm them.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 05:07:12 AM

Sterlingcoin has always been "From the UK" and always will be.

Personally, I use many country coins. None of which I reside.

I think it's best to think of country coins and the use of these country coins as 'support' for that country and more so that culture. Not to be confused with the imaginary lines of borders governments and fiat want to paint vividly in our minds. This said, country coins are more about destroying these imaginary lines and not trying to reaffirm them.

very beautiful words, but the only reason people will use country coins instead of other coins is nationalism.
Always will be from the UK, but none out of UK has any reason to use it if their have their own countrycoin...
L-Andrey

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 05:59:52 AM

Game over! Q.E.D.
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 04:32:37 PM

Forex Trading.  Smiley

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 06:17:01 PM

Bleutrade has been contacted about the delisting warning that has been imposed on Sterlingcoin. Of course, I will relay any response.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 04:45:15 AM

Bleutrade has been contacted about the delisting warning that has been imposed on Sterlingcoin. Of course, I will relay any response.

Quote from: Bleutrade
Hello Steven, thank you for the informations, SLG will stay in Bleutrade for more some time.

Best regards,
Bleutrade Team.

Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: