Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
L-Andrey

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:01:56 AM

The Silence of the Lambs!? ... Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 10:30:52 AM

That movie gives me the heebie jeebies.

Sorry for the lack of communication.

Currently, work is being done to move the explorer to a new VPS. Still collecting funding to advertise the banner on coinmarketcap. Please contribute to that if you are in a position to do so. Thanks in advance.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 06:09:04 PM

Currently, work is being done to move the explorer to a new VPS. Still collecting funding to advertise the banner on coinmarketcap. Please contribute to that if you are in a position to do so. Thanks in advance.

I'm happy to contribute something, just not yet.

I just can't help feeling that this the wrong time for this sort of thing.  There is too much attention being taken up with the general Bitcoin/altcoin boom, as well as the spectacular performance of the 'rising stars' like Eth, Stratis and DGB.

An SLG campaign would barely register in anyone's consciousness under these circumstances.

My recommendation is to wait a while until our particular offering is a bit more 'fleshed-out', i.e the core upgrade is complete (and possibly a few other things as well).

Then do the banner campaign, coordinate a signature campaign, introduce Cryptopia tipping and release an article about SLG progress to Cointelegraph.

I don't want to put anyone's nose out of joint by suggesting this, I just think it'll have a lot more impact this way.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 01:33:38 AM

I just can't help feeling that this the wrong time for this sort of thing.  There is too much attention being taken up with the general Bitcoin/altcoin boom, as well as the spectacular performance of the 'rising stars' like Eth, Stratis and DGB.

An SLG campaign would barely register in anyone's consciousness under these circumstances.

My recommendation is to wait a while until our particular offering is a bit more 'fleshed-out', i.e the core upgrade is complete (and possibly a few other things as well).

Then do the banner campaign, coordinate a signature campaign, introduce Cryptopia tipping and release an article about SLG progress to Cointelegraph.

I don't want to put anyone's nose out of joint by suggesting this, I just think it'll have a lot more impact this way.

Sterling Sentinel

Looks like a good timing and a good campaing.

Can we also include SLG electrum in the roadmap?
That will mean we will be able to storage our SLG in hardwallets
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:32:05 AM

We possibly can, if the community demand is there, though I am not sure exactly where it can work into this current roadmap, perhaps Q4. Bear in mind, budgeting of both finance (not to repeat over expenditures or lack of funding of the past) and man-hours (1 dev, not 3, active) must be considered. I am not certain of those variables' requirements at this time for electrum, but certainly, will begin assessing.

I am glad you bring this up now, Rw13enlib88. This could have ramifications we should consider to the presently roadmapped Android wallet. The Android wallet could be non-staking and leverage electrum also. So let me ask this, does the community want the Android wallet to have all functions, including staking? Not that we can't do both if the funding is there to do so, we certainly can. Again, I will do some homework on the electrum requirements and the requirements of the server so I can better assess.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:57:08 AM

We possibly can, if the community demand is there, though I am not sure exactly where it can work into this current roadmap, perhaps Q4. Bear in mind, budgeting of both finance (not to repeat over expenditures or lack of funding of the past) and man-hours (1 dev, not 3, active) must be considered. I am not certain of those variables' requirements at this time for electrum, but certainly, will begin assessing.

I am glad you bring this up now, Rw13enlib88. This could have ramifications we should consider to the presently roadmapped Android wallet. The Android wallet could be non-staking and leverage electrum also. So let me ask this, does the community want the Android wallet to have all functions, including staking? Not that we can't do both if the funding is there to do so, we certainly can. Again, I will do some homework on the electrum requirements and the requirements of the server so I can better assess.

its all a matter of balance ...

electrum is only one facet of the silver coin here for SLG ...

we have been working on a number of projects in the backend - electrum inclusive - that have not surfaced due to the amount of time and effort required ... steven has a LOT on his plate - and he will have a LOT more soon ... but that doesnt mean he is alone in this ...

many things are taking shape in the CWI-EcoSystem and as such - will help a great deal with the implementation of a great many parts of the projects ... this will inevitably take a while AND take quite a bit of funds to accomplish - but this will hopefully simplify the at least some of the backend systems that will be required to make such things happen ...

so a balance of time - effort - development and ultimately funds - should pave the way for the majority of things ( not just those of the 'roadmap' for SterlingCoin ) to surface ...

#crysx

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 06:22:15 AM

I just can't help feeling that this the wrong time for this sort of thing.  There is too much attention being taken up with the general Bitcoin/altcoin boom, as well as the spectacular performance of the 'rising stars' like Eth, Stratis and DGB.

Sterling Sentinel

Understood. Though I think we would be waiting a long time for there not to be 'current hype events' in this industry. But we can wait until the project is more 'fleshed-out' as you put it.

Every effort is being made to adhere to the current roadmap. This is on top of maintaining current infrastructure and insight of current setbacks that came as no direct result of SLG's fault nor mine. 1) CWI has suffered some catastrophic damage from a natural disaster. This is evident in the slow launching of many additional seednodes and will undoubtedly push a multipool further into the future as it would rely on CWI infrastructure. On a positive note, community members have stepped forward to act-the-role of these additional seednodes. Fortunately, this had no impact to SLG's maintained seednodes. 2) A service provider we used in Canada for a VPS seemingly closed operations with no warning. This has resulted in the current absence of the explorer and given me the time consuming, perhaps futile, task of getting back the much-needed funds as the VPS was paid for the entire year of 2017 already. Also, replacing the explorer with the money for it now seemingly gone. On a positive note, I am as of tonight testing the second VPS I wish to use for this purpose after the first failed to perform acceptably for a reason that is uncertain given the promised specs. These tests are looking favourable and I hope to have the official explorer back on-line ASAP.

With budgets so tight, both man hours and finance, I think it is easy to see the snowball effect of these unfortunate events can have. That said, again I repeat, every effort is being made to adhere to the present roadmap. Of course, if the community thinks advertising could be better timed, that is exactly what we will do.

Thank you for your feedback, recommendation, and continued support of Sterlingcoin, Sterlingcoin Sentinel.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 09:57:10 AM

The Sterlingcoin block explorer is back online.

http://transactions.sterlingcoin.org/ (http://108.76.201.244:3004/)

My apologies for its absence.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 12:01:54 AM

Devs,

how is your roadmap going??

It's time to wake up!!!!!!!!!

https://britcoin.com/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1463367.620

competition is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new code?
infrastructure?
community building?

focusing on UK is the key, and have you understood that?

how is that posible that BRIT has more market cap and community than SLG?

Sterling Sentinel
[/quote]
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 06:33:43 AM

Devs,

Hi Rw13enlib88, apologies for the slow response. A recent death in my family has things in toils.

Only one dev has been active for quite some time, as you know. To be honest, I do not see the other two ever finding the time without compensation, despite previously agreed plans. Without going into detail, this sentiment has been clearly expressed recently to me, Steven.

It was off to a good start, but as previously mentioned, snowballing unforeseen events have been a great detriment to the plan. 'Nails in the coffin', if you will, of my colleagues not returning is a big blow also.

new code?
Very little time has been found to devote to this enormous task as of late. It's projected time, made in hopes of it being a team effort mind you, will undoubtedly be missed. I hope to take a hiatus from my other obligations to give it the undivided attention it needs this summer.

infrastructure?
While much of this planned expansion relied on CWI which has suffered many issues as of late, every feasible step has been taken to fortify the Sterlingcoin network while maintaining all the existing infrastructure.

community building?
I do maintain the tools (slack/IRC, telegram, social) for a community to build. I by no means am suggesting that "completes" anything, but I alone am no community either. Sterlingcoin does also have a maintained presence on facebook and twitter that anyone can contribute to via posts and tweets.

Always have understood, yes. While having the only active dev not a resident of the UK does complicate things, Sterlingcoin will always be UK focused. This stresses the need for community, and community in the UK, even more.

Not by having a better name. Any help from the community is always greatly appreciated.

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:12:42 AM

Devs,

Hi Rw13enlib88, apologies for the slow response. A recent death in my family has things in toils.

Only one dev has been active for quite some time, as you know. To be honest, I do not see the other two ever finding the time without compensation, despite previously agreed plans. Without going into detail, this sentiment has been clearly expressed recently to me, Steven.

Hi Steven,

sorry to read you have a recent lost in your family.

It was off to a good start, but as previously mentioned, snowballing unforeseen events have been a great detriment to the plan. 'Nails in the coffin', if you will, of my colleagues not returning is a big blow also.
I know you're the only one working on SLG now, but i think it's time to look for new collaborators
what do you think about that?

new code?
Very little time has been found to devote to this enormous task as of late. It's projected time, made in hopes of it being a team effort mind you, will undoubtedly be missed. I hope to take a hiatus from my other obligations to give it the undivided attention it needs this summer.

infrastructure?
While much of this planned expansion relied on CWI which has suffered many issues as of late, every feasible step has been taken to fortify the Sterlingcoin network while maintaining all the existing infrastructure.

community building?
I do maintain the tools (slack/IRC, telegram, social) for a community to build. I by no means am suggesting that "completes" anything, but I alone am no community either. Sterlingcoin does also have a maintained presence on facebook and twitter that anyone can contribute to via posts and tweets.

Always have understood, yes. While having the only active dev not a resident of the UK does complicate things, Sterlingcoin will always be UK focused. This stresses the need for community, and community in the UK, even more.
Clearly UK community is needed. It's for them and it must be done by them too.

Not by having a better name. Any help from the community is always greatly appreciated.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 10:02:08 AM

Devs,

Hi Steven,

sorry to read you have a recent lost in your family.

I know you're the only one working on SLG now, but i think it's time to look for new collaborators
what do you think about that?

new code?

infrastructure?

community building?

Clearly UK community is needed. It's for them and it must be done by them too.

Hi Rw13enlib88,

Thank you for your condolences for my family's loss.

I too think it is time to find new collaborators and in fact, I have had two different efforts to rebuild a team or at least remove some responsibility from my shoulders alone. First I was hoping to gain developmental and network administration assistance from CWI staff. This, while still a possibility in the future, did not happen in the time frame CWI staff and I had previously discussed. That is due to the natural disaster that very severely set back CWI and all the hurdles (insurance company) it has faced rebuilding. Second I was hoping to gain, and did get some, collaboration from a colleague I met on a different project. Because of a falling out that happened on that other project, communication got severed. But I do think I can restore communication with some social engineering. I do feel this is the best option and I will start rebuilding that bridge of communication immediately. That is not to say I am not open to other collaboration, I certainly am and do realise it is needed for SLG to get to where we all know it should be and at a rate of progression that is acceptable.

I also recently, just yesterday, met a London-based web developer that seems to be willing to contribute. They are very new to cryptocurrency, but could be of assistance when we revamp the website. Unfortunately, they lack the skills to assist in any core wallet development immediately, but assistance on any role is a benefit.

UK based community members, or contributors even, are of course very valuable. This was my main target with the introduction of the Sterlingcoin telegram and slack/IRC. With few exceptions, these have yet to be thriving by any means, though I do try and stimulate conversations and am almost always available on them.

I will proceed with the mentioned social engineering and communication rebuilding I need to do. I will report the result of those efforts. I have persisted with Sterlingcoin far too long to let that obstacle stand in the way. Again, I do agree, new contributors are needed and I am open to any.

Real quick, to my fellow this-side-of-the-pond-Sterlingcoiners, Happy Independence Day!

These are the only fireworks I have at this time. With a little help, that will be changed in the near future.

CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:19:59 AM

I take no responsibility for my "founding fathers" actions. Wink

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:20:09 PM

Hi Rw13enlib88,

Thank you for your condolences for my family's loss.

I too think it is time to find new collaborators and in fact, I have had two different efforts to rebuild a team or at least remove some responsibility from my shoulders alone. First I was hoping to gain developmental and network administration assistance from CWI staff. This, while still a possibility in the future, did not happen in the time frame CWI staff and I had previously discussed. That is due to the natural disaster that very severely set back CWI and all the hurdles (insurance company) it has faced rebuilding. Second I was hoping to gain, and did get some, collaboration from a colleague I met on a different project. Because of a falling out that happened on that other project, communication got severed. But I do think I can restore communication with some social engineering. I do feel this is the best option and I will start rebuilding that bridge of communication immediately. That is not to say I am not open to other collaboration, I certainly am and do realise it is needed for SLG to get to where we all know it should be and at a rate of progression that is acceptable.

I also recently, just yesterday, met a London-based web developer that seems to be willing to contribute. They are very new to cryptocurrency, but could be of assistance when we revamp the website. Unfortunately, they lack the skills to assist in any core wallet development immediately, but assistance on any role is a benefit.

UK based community members, or contributors even, are of course very valuable. This was my main target with the introduction of the Sterlingcoin telegram and slack/IRC. With few exceptions, these have yet to be thriving by any means, though I do try and stimulate conversations and am almost always available on them.

I will proceed with the mentioned social engineering and communication rebuilding I need to do. I will report the result of those efforts. I have persisted with Sterlingcoin far too long to let that obstacle stand in the way. Again, I do agree, new contributors are needed and I am open to any.

Real quick, to my fellow this-side-of-the-pond-Sterlingcoiners, Happy Independence Day!

These are the only fireworks I have at this time. With a little help, that will be changed in the near future.

Hi Steven,

I do agree the more collaborators you can bring to the team, the better.
Maybe someone from the community also wants to join and start collaborating with SLG.
I can help with SLG Telegram if needed.

I think the roadmap has to be updated. Include SterlingJS (so people can build webwallets), ElectrumSLG (to store SLG in hardwallets).
What about including some bounties to accelerate the process? I can donate some SLG

About the banner ads, I've to insist that the messages has to be changed and make a clear statement that SLG is for UK&BritishIslands.

Thanks for your dedication in this hard times

Rw
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:08:55 AM

We're in the dutch BI  Smiley Smiley
https://www.businessinsider.nl/naast-de-gulden-zijn-er-nog-zeker-13-andere-nationale-cryptomunten-de-deutsche-emark-en-dollarcoin-leggen-het-af/
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 03:45:57 AM

This is fantastic news! Thank you for sharing it! I will get right to spreading the news on social media!

mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:45:04 PM

anyone know how I can install Sterlingcoin on a raspberry pi?

thanks in advance
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 06:34:12 AM

anyone know how I can install Sterlingcoin on a raspberry pi?

thanks in advance

Hi mafia,

I cannot speak for Raspberry PI specifically myself, but I have compiled Sterlingcoin on similar single board computers just by following https://github.com/Sterlingcoin/Sterlingcoin-1.6.0.1-Release/blob/master/doc/build-unix.txt

If you run into a roadblock, please post the error or issue details. I hope this is found useful!

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 07:49:02 AM

Hi Sterlingcoiners,

Coinmarketcap was contacted and their data updated to reflect the .org domain naming, not .org.uk. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/sterlingcoin/

There was no issue for the website link coinmarketcap was using, as it resolved fine. However; it was an issue for the explorer link to resolve. This is a result of avoiding an additional fee at the .org.uk registar long ago, my apologies coinmarketcap was not contacted sooner.

The .org.uk domain is being kept and forwarded and redirected to the .org, as it has. DNS entries are maintained to resolve to the VPS IP and hostsnames they need to. We just have a hostname limitation with our .org.uk registrar at our present pricing level.

No other news as of now. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend, Sterlingcoiners.

rido

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:22:29 PM

Very far from everything ,, what shall i say, you guys look very well organized and perfect. Will not be able to wait until the perfect launch.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: