Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:43:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
shanecoins

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:44:09 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 04:54:32 PM by shanecoins

Once upon a time there was bitcoin then litecoin then STERLINGCOIN  Shocked
oh and the other 2000+ shitcoins
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shanecoins

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

People NEED to realise a couple of things.

Firstly we are developing a lot of different things:

Block explorer from scratch in PHP, Android wallets (standalone & API), Online Wallet System & API, Information Packs, Faucet and more...

Secondly:

The total amount of Sterlingcoin that will be in circulation will be a lot less than people are thinking as they are not taking PoS block generation into account.

The last block of PoW is 131,400. We are at block 10,472 (30th Sept) which after just 9 days of mining puts us at roughly 8% of the way there and at that rate we are looking at 4 months of PoW as opposed to 6 months.

Also take into account that each block is not 50SLG as a lot of the blocks are PoS blocks of interest. We predict the circulation after 4 months to be more in the Darkcoin numbers or less.

This is why when we say we are only seeing a lull in the price because of the Spacedrop we were not lying Smiley

These 8000SAT prices are so low and should be snapped up. Not too long from now PoS will kick in 100% and we'll be seeing the price rocket upwards.

Already today we have started contacted more merchants and we're not talking 1 or 2 Cheesy

Invest, stake and purchase goods for Christmas and enjoy using Sterlingcoin.
good point
Yza_azY

Activity: 490

★★★ http://www.btc4buy.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:19:21 PM

Nice!  Grin

but maybe stop pow in 20 day is better... or put 20 and NOT 50....

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

ETHLend1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]
racer2012

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:22:12 PM

Block explorer from scratch in PHP, Android wallets (standalone & API), Online Wallet System & API, Information Packs, Faucet and more...

Secondly:

The total amount of Sterlingcoin that will be in circulation will be a lot less than people are thinking as they are not taking PoS block generation into account.

The last block of PoW is 131,400. We are at block 10,472 (30th Sept) which after just 9 days of mining puts us at roughly 8% of the way there and at that rate we are looking at 4 months of PoW as opposed to 6 months.

Also take into account that each block is not 50SLG as a lot of the blocks are PoS blocks of interest. We predict the circulation after 4 months to be more in the Darkcoin numbers or less.

This is why when we say we are only seeing a lull in the price because of the Spacedrop we were not lying Smiley

These 8000SAT prices are so low and should be snapped up. Not too long from now PoS will kick in 100% and we'll be seeing the price rocket upwards.

Already today we have started contacted more merchants and we're not talking 1 or 2 Cheesy

good point

Thanks
Let me buy some
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:23:06 PM

I am thinking of investing in this coin
Can anyone tell me why its good investment than stealthcoin and sonic coin?
Thanks

Once upon a time there was CINNI, then there was crypt , then there was cloak, now there is stealthcoin Smiley

Stealthcoins Tor usage actually provides quite good network anonymity when compared to most other 'anonymous' coins.

I've posted about this elsewhere, but pure proof-of-work coins are potentially much better in terms of providing anonymity for the user over proof-of-stake coins.

For example, an adversary can quite easily match a transaction to a change in your wallet balance and considering that most pure PoS coin balances are purchased via exchanges, after the initial PoW phase, then such information can easily be used to identify you. Basically, the ability to make 'anonymous' transactions becomes totally pointless when considering that privacy of acquisition and ownership are really the key to your anonymity.

Arguably, mining Bitcoin (or another PoW coin like Darkcoin) over Tor at a .onion address enabled pool, such as eligius.st and only ever connecting your wallet over Tor, receiving the coins, making a transaction and then dumping the wallet / used address provides much better anonymity when using crypto-currency than say purchasing coins from an exchange, which again is highly traceable. The very action of staking your balance on the network shows on the blockchain which coins you own. PoS and 'true' anonymity are in fact poles apart to begin with.

No single crypto-currency has got the anonymity / privacy mix quite right yet.

With Sterlingcoin your buying into a potentially very strong asset based crypto-currency with a growing economy and a user base to support this. This is not investment advice, although I will say that I currently hold more Sterlingcoin than I do Stealthcoin.  Smiley

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
racer2012

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:10:43 PM

I am thinking of investing in this coin
Can anyone tell me why its good investment than stealthcoin and sonic coin?
Thanks

Once upon a time there was CINNI, then there was crypt , then there was cloak, now there is stealthcoin Smiley

Stealthcoins Tor usage actually provides quite good network anonymity when compared to most other 'anonymous' coins.

I've posted about this elsewhere, but pure proof-of-work coins are potentially much better in terms of providing anonymity for the user over proof-of-stake coins.

For example, an adversary can quite easily match a transaction to a change in your wallet balance and considering that most pure PoS coin balances are purchased via exchanges, after the initial PoW phase, then such information can easily be used to identify you. Basically, the ability to make 'anonymous' transactions becomes totally pointless when considering that privacy of acquisition and ownership are really the key to your anonymity.

Arguably, mining Bitcoin (or another PoW coin like Darkcoin) over Tor at a .onion address enabled pool, such as eligius.st and only ever connecting your wallet over Tor, receiving the coins, making a transaction and then dumping the wallet / used address provides much better anonymity when using crypto-currency than say purchasing coins from an exchange, which again is highly traceable. The very action of staking your balance on the network shows on the blockchain which coins you own. PoS and 'true' anonymity are in fact poles apart to begin with.

No single crypto-currency has got the anonymity / privacy mix quite right yet.

With Sterlingcoin your buying into a potentially very strong asset based crypto-currency with a growing economy and a user base to support this. This is not investment advice, although I will say that I currently hold more Sterlingcoin than I do Stealthcoin.  Smiley
Thanks make sense
Got more slg
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 07:05:51 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 07:16:14 PM by BitcoinFX

Thanks make sense
Got more slg

That's good. Hopefully Sterlingcoin has a great future as a genuine asset based currency. The pure PoS aspect of this coin makes a lot of sense moving forward.

The saving vs spending rut is something to be mindful of with these rarer asset based crypto-currencies. A good example for comparison would be CryptogenicBullion - CGB - which also has a numismatic and/or association with metal / bullion in its name and does present some future potential. However, without actually being backed by anything much and in not having a wealth of goods and services to purchase using the currency we potentially end up holding a bunch of worthless digital tokens with their only real value being perceived and relative to the market and/or the time and energy used to create them.

The Sterlingcoin team seems well aware of this fact and they are actively looking to get merchants to accept the currency - which is really what this is supposed to be all about - better money!

I'll link to my 'Bitcoins, Alt. coins, Pizzas and Haircuts.' post, again - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=323188.0  

... Merchants, Merchants and more Merchants ... and if they should need an additional reason why they should accept Sterlingcoin over fiat: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/inflation-robbing-money/

Of course as a saver or speculator one only has to accumulate and not to spend for best results - which is perhaps the biggest irony with any asset based currency, as it is the transfer of ownership in exchange for goods and services that truly builds up value and actual worth.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

Bought another 1300 coins. I have a good feeling about this one!
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 07:42:42 PM

Now create two wallets;

(1) Bank / save 1000 SLG to stake with long-term (example).

(2) Create a 300 SLG checking / current account and purchase stuff over time from new merchants as they come on stream month to month (example).

(3) Everyone's a winner!

Rules to follow: Don't save everything and don't spend everything either (I did and its certainly no fun!)

~ Money is only money when its moving. PoS coins are the future as they always keep the money moving.

I continue to learn to hate bitcoin a bit less everyday!   Grin

Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:43:07 PM

Now create two wallets;

(1) Bank / save 1000 SLG to stake with long-term (example).

(2) Create a 300 SLG checking / current account and purchase stuff over time from new merchants as they come on stream month to month (example).

(3) Everyone's a winner!

Rules to follow: Don't save everything and don't spend everything either (I did and its certainly no fun!)

~ Money is only money when its moving. PoS coins are the future as they always keep the money moving.

I continue to learn to hate bitcoin a bit less everyday!   Grin

Great advice!

shanecoins

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:56:29 PM

Secondly:

also good advice
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:45:01 PM

Would be great if just eat accepted SLG

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:49:27 PM

Don't worry we are working on similar.......

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Rantzbitz

Activity: 212

R.M.H. Ether 2013

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:35:08 PM

~ Money is only money when its moving.

Best words!  Wink

CANADIAN Bitcoin Exchange QuadrigaCX - Bitcoin(XBT) - $CAN - $USD - Gold http://www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=g7p1fslfyxyerkukgqltlsse
Rantzbitz

Activity: 212

R.M.H. Ether 2013

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:39:50 PM

Is Just Eat in the U.K. as well, nice. Familiar with them in Canada

CANADIAN Bitcoin Exchange QuadrigaCX - Bitcoin(XBT) - $CAN - $USD - Gold http://www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=g7p1fslfyxyerkukgqltlsse
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:12:18 PM

We are just tinkering with the block explorer. Final testing and we are putting it live.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 11:17:13 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 12:46:18 AM by Sterlingcoin

Search by Tx or Block Number.

Overview with realtime Net Hash, Difficulty, Current Block and SLG in Circulation
Diff Chart
Net Hash Chart
Seed List
API Commands

Exchange live price will also be added prior or just after launch.

Top Bagholders will have to be updated daily to begin with.

We will sort the script to auto update this within a week or two.

Search by address will be put in place as the code for this is complex.

However the addresses will show up with transaction ID search results.

All built from scratch in PHP by Matthew Langdon. Respect.

http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/#team

mafia

Activity: 641

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

Sterlingcoin Raspberry Pi Wallet Released

hello

I have downloaded the Sterlingcoin-qt to my Raspberry Pi but when i double click on it, it doesn't do anything? Can someone help?

some libs are required to run the qt.you can try these in the terminal.although im not if sure they are all you need.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb-dev libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev

this is still not working for me Sad

i even just got a new and clean install of raspian..

has anyone else got this working?

in this case u can try start the qt in terminal and check the error info.
usually it will tells you what are missing.

i get error
 error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.49.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i've been googling for an hour and can not fix issue Sad

while thats weird.try install "libqrencode-dev".maybe it will help

Make sure to:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Looks like you may have an old version of boost.

Same error after install "libqrencode-dev" and sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade...

i dont think i will ever get this working...
mafia

Activity: 641

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:43:36 PM

Is Just Eat in the U.K. as well, nice. Familiar with them in Canada

I had a Just Eat takeaway tonight!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 12:40:11 AM

Sterlingcoin Raspberry Pi Wallet Released

hello

I have downloaded the Sterlingcoin-qt to my Raspberry Pi but when i double click on it, it doesn't do anything? Can someone help?

some libs are required to run the qt.you can try these in the terminal.although im not if sure they are all you need.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb-dev libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev

this is still not working for me Sad

i even just got a new and clean install of raspian..

has anyone else got this working?

in this case u can try start the qt in terminal and check the error info.
usually it will tells you what are missing.

i get error
 error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.49.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i've been googling for an hour and can not fix issue Sad

while thats weird.try install "libqrencode-dev".maybe it will help

Make sure to:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Looks like you may have an old version of boost.

Same error after install "libqrencode-dev" and sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade...

i dont think i will ever get this working...

I recommend a clean install of the OS. Install all updates. Then install dependencies. Update again. Install wallet. Run.

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: