Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463981 times)
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:56:03 PM

With a price as low as it is and a short POW period before moving to POS with interest, I'm wondering why you don't invest in the coin itself if you believe in it. The upside potential is enormous and there will be a regular income stream from it in a couple of months. Let's assume a 10 fold increase in price - which would barely make the top 50 alts after POW is finished - and a small investment now would cover the £25,000 each.

You can still ask for donations and only agree to press ahead with the other innovations if the community pitch in and fund them.

I personally don't think it's realistic to expect the community to pay your wages for a full year and I'm disappointed that you've come out and asked for this at this point in the game.

If Joe Bloggs down the street opens a corner shop, gets it up and running and then asks his customers to pay his wages for a year before he has any stock what do you think they would say? I admit this isn't a perfect analogy but the principle is the same.

I'm also concerned that now I've invested in the coin the team could abandon the project if they can't pay their bills. Not a good feeling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 03:58:24 PM

With a price as low as it is and a short POW period before moving to POS with interest, I'm wondering why you don't invest in the coin itself if you believe in it. The upside potential is enormous and there will be a regular income stream from it in a couple of months. Let's assume a 10 fold increase in price - which would barely make the top 50 alts after POW is finished - and a small investment now would cover the £25,000 each.

You can still ask for donations and only agree to press ahead with the other innovations if the community pitch in and fund them.

I personally don't think it's realistic to expect the community to pay your wages for a full year and I'm disappointed that you've come out and asked for this at this point in the game.

If Joe Bloggs down the street opens a corner shop, gets it up and running and then asks his customers to pay his wages for a year before he has any stock what do you think they would say? I admit this isn't a perfect analogy but the principle is the same.

I'm also concerned that now I've invested in the coin the team could abandon the project if they can't pay their bills. Not a good feeling.

In essence the customers do pay Joe Bloggs wages.

Also, collectively we have 25,000 Sterlingcoin between the developers.

We are doing the work irrespective of the fundraiser outcome.

We do not abandon projects.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 418
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:29:48 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply as always.

The customers don't pay Joe's wages a year in advance before he's provided any services do they? They also don't give him money for nothing. His wages comes from his profits as a successful business owner and the customers benefit from his service.

If the business is beneficial to the community, as cryptocurrency is, then the community should be expected to pitch in and help the business grow. I would be happy to do that as a community member. I hold a not insignificant number of Sterlingcoin and want to help. I'm just not sure at this point that asking for such a large investment is the right direction to take. Especially when the smaller investor has no way to see a return on that investment.

Why not start small? Ask for funds to do the video first for example. When that's done move on to something else, all the while having a dev fund to keep you guys going.

I'm only offering my thoughts and opinions here as a Sterlingcoin supporter so please don't think I'm trolling or anything. The reason I invested was because of the work you've all put in so quickly and the huge potential the coin has.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 04:43:34 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply as always.

The customers don't pay Joe's wages a year in advance before he's provided any services do they? They also don't give him money for nothing. His wages comes from his profits as a successful business owner and the customers benefit from his service.

If the business is beneficial to the community, as cryptocurrency is, then the community should be expected to pitch in and help the business grow. I would be happy to do that as a community member. I hold a not insignificant number of Sterlingcoin and want to help. I'm just not sure at this point that asking for such a large investment is the right direction to take. Especially when the smaller investor has no way to see a return on that investment.

Why not start small? Ask for funds to do the video first for example. When that's done move on to something else, all the while having a dev fund to keep you guys going.

I'm only offering my thoughts and opinions here as a Sterlingcoin supporter so please don't think I'm trolling or anything. The reason I invested was because of the work you've all put in so quickly and the huge potential the coin has.

Thank you for your comments. You are correct.

We will be looking at the fundraiser on StartJOIN as a measure to gauge interest.

This does however show what is to come, well not entirely  Lips sealed

The video is a MUST. Basically everything on the list is a MUST.

The wages would be nice to at least get paid for the work we are doing and sadly at current prices the Sterlingcoin Dev fund cannot fund 3 people to live.

Yes prices will rise, yes it will be worth more.

However, right now to get the work completed for Sterlingcoin and also sustain life, we need to balance work for others with Sterlingcoin work i.e. PAID WORK

That being said we have two systems looking to be launched towards the end of November and also updates and changes to the current Transaction Explorer and API.

Android and API wallets are on their way also, these are taking longer than expected as the wallets are being built for the X13 blockchain header size etc.

Basically a lot of work.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 04:50:35 PM

StartJOIN project for the Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards are up to £705 of the £1000, so close now.

We now have 24 backers with £856 pledged OF £1000 TARGET with 8 DAYS TO GO.

Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Card Wallet - Premier Edition - https://www.startjoin.com/slg_cc

Still 12 Cards Left of the 25 Single Cards, as well as 5 x (5 Packs) and 2 x (10 Packs)

Once this project is fully funded and the cards production has fully started then we can hopefully do wonders for the Sterlingcoin price whilst increasing the user base.

The non-premier edition crypto-currency cards that will be produced following the premier edition (with an unlimited and ongoing print-run) will be perfect as gifts, giveaways and for general promotion, as well as retail sales.

Lets do this ! #FundFriday <<<   Wink

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Fierce

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Fierce, The Legend

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 05:37:22 PM

On a positive note - https://www.startjoin.com/slg_cc is £690 of the way to the £1000 target.

Just a few more people to make this happen.

Any special prize for the person who pledges the most!? Smiley

Supercoin (SUPER) The Only REAL Anonymous Coin with multi sig tech. No other altcoin can compete

http://ltcgear.com?apage=259ltcgear.com/?apage=259
tubesteak

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 07:17:19 PM

I am interested in donating to the development of sterling, but as I am not a whale nor have mega btc's. I can only donate $20-$50 every so often. Can I still donate to the cause if I cannot afford the $170+ on startjoin? I to am a father and have a lot of bills to pay, so I fully understand the need.

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 07:22:45 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 08:11:57 PM by Sterlingcoin

I am interested in donating to the development of sterling, but as I am not a whale nor have mega btc's. I can only donate $20-$50 every so often. Can I still donate to the cause if I cannot afford the $170+ on startjoin? I to am a father and have a lot of bills to pay, so I fully understand the need.

Basically if you wish to donate directly to us (Spencer, Matthew and Steven) you can donate to 1ApugD4jiE7Q21zNZXMnQ1JER3EwzH8dVo
(Do send a transID to us here and we can connect the transaction with yourself)

If you wish to send investment funds then the best way is to send via StartJOIN page - https://www.startjoin.com/slg_investment

However if you did donate to the first address which gets split between us to keep us alive Smiley on a regular basis, I am sure myself, Matthew and Steven would look after you once systems and services become available.

BTW on the StartJOIN project there is no minimum you have to donate. It is just a minimum of $170 to get a reward. To make and ship a Snapback to the USA costs around $80.

andresm

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:28:08 PM

Can we donate sterlingcoin to you?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 10:08:44 PM

On a positive note - https://www.startjoin.com/slg_cc is £690 of the way to the £1000 target.

Just a few more people to make this happen.

Any special prize for the person who pledges the most!? Smiley

Not as such. I'm unable to change the published rewards for a 'live' project on StartJOIN or to make special allowances outside of their terms and conditions perhaps.

However, if its clear that someone has contributed much to successfully funding the project then it would be easy enough to ship some 'bonus batches' of Standard Edition cards for you to load some SLG onto for yourself to do your own giveaways or for resale. I'd be more than happy to do that to get more people interested and using Sterlingcoin.

Please send me a PM if you have something else to suggest in regards to funding the project, although we do need to reach the target on StartJOIN before the deadline ofc.

Thanks!

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:26:38 AM

Can we donate sterlingcoin to you?

You can donate Sterlingcoin to the development team, however we will be completely honest, we won't sell it currently at these prices.

However you can donate SLG here - Sa5Yn2mGXLH9hES3DKMbUDHC5kyCneHqpG

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 09:58:17 AM

StartJOIN project for the Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards are up to £705 of the £1000, so close now.

Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Card Wallet - Premier Edition - https://www.startjoin.com/slg_cc

Still 12 Cards Left of the 25 Single Cards, as well as 5 x (5 Packs) and 2 x (10 Packs)

Once this project is fully funded and the cards production has fully started then we can hopefully do wonders for the Sterlingcoin price whilst increasing the user base.

The non-premier edition crypto-currency cards that will be produced following the premier edition (with an unlimited and ongoing print-run) will be perfect as gifts, giveaways and for general promotion, as well as retail sales.

We made it ! Its happening ! Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards is go !  Grin

26 backers with £1,056 pledged OF £1000 TARGET 8 (well 7) DAYS TO GO.

Still some Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards left. If you pledge for a reward now you will get a Premier Edition Cryptocurrency Card.

Estimated delivery date is the end of November 2014 (might be early December 2014 at the latest for some international customers). This project will be funded on Tuesday Nov 4, 09:47:05 AM GMT

As the project is now over the £1000 target you can contribute through StartJOIN using Bitcoin, StartCOIN and with PayPal.

Thanks everyone !

DiabolusLoki

Activity: 249

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:24:14 AM

We made it ! Its happening ! Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards is go !  Grin

Still some Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards left. If you pledge for a reward now you will get a Premier Edition Cryptocurrency Card.

Estimated delivery date is the end of November 2014 (might be early December 2014 at the latest for some international customers). This project will be funded on Tuesday Nov 4, 09:47:05 AM GMT

As the project is now over the £1000 target you can contribute through StartJOIN using Bitcoin, StartCOIN and with PayPal.

Thanks everyone !
This is great news! Congrats everyone Smiley
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 11:08:31 AM

We made it ! Its happening ! Sterlingcoin Cryptocurrency Cards is go !  Grin

Thanks everyone !

Amazing news. Well done to everyone involved.

There are still 12 cards available to purchase at £15 a piece so don't miss out and snap them up now.

Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:09:44 PM

Brilliant news on the cards!! 10k SLG price by end of Jan, watch this space.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 08:34:24 PM

Brilliant news on the cards!! 10k SLG price by end of Jan, watch this space.

We're really looking forward to getting one each too Cheesy

algo3

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:25:01 AM

why is the slg wiki page considered for deletion?
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:01:08 AM

why is the slg wiki page considered for deletion?

It looks like, because https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterlingcoin has no references, it has been flagged. Embarrassed We will add appropriate references and/or content to prevent deletion of the wiki.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention algo3! Wink

Steven Saxton

nfigueir

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:38:54 AM

Hi guys,

I have not being following this for some time now but given that after POW stage only ~4.000.000 coins will be available, am I reading correctly that LiteBit.eu already owns ~1.500.000 of those coins?

That is what I call a bit investor...

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 11:12:33 AM

Hi guys,

I have not being following this for some time now but given that after POW stage only ~4.000.000 coins will be available, am I reading correctly that LiteBit.eu already owns ~1.500.000 of those coins?

That is what I call a bit investor...

No LiteBit doesn't hold any coins. They simply purchase off of Bittrex and resell them for FIAT.

Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: