Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:39:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mining.BitcoinAffiliatenetwork.com-0% PPS + 1 Hour (or higher) Payout Interval  (Read 83095 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
roncutt

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:44:41 PM

Oh my. I guess I've missed the average for today –the rig I rented went offline since two hours ago, the owner ran away to Tahiti and bought an Aston Martin with my money.
Anyway. Tomorrow, another day. I keep mining at 200 tho.
At least I'm in Singapore, nice country, haha.
I'm going for a run.

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

Nice one RockRock found another block 400 TH rules Grin!!
fire000

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:21:55 PM

Hi! My connection went down for a few hours overnight, now I'm renting some hashpower to regain average.
My question: I've rented a rig in New Zealand, is Tokyo server the best choice in this case –as I guess it is? Appreciated.

Ron I am in aussie land here and is pointing onto tokyo here as I found that one to be the better server for me....   Just a tip without know what the connection issue was if your end or pool end lol    set up a couple backup servers as fallbacks if one server plays up it will fall back on to another server...   atm I am running tokyo as 1    west as 2   west2 as 3    and then another pool as a backup

Thanks fire000 I'll keep pointing that rig to Tokyo then. It's working great so far.
Regarding the downtime, it was on my side –ISP thing as I was sleeping. I do have backup servers of course, thanks for pointing that out though.
Never had connection problems with this pool.
Cheers.

Just launched stratum+tcp://singapore.bitcoindigger.com:3333 (Singapore)

You might want to give this one a shot too... At the very least... it's less busy than Tokyo. Smiley

that a nice surpise I will move onto that server closer to home again cheers sorb Smiley
s0br (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 05:13:19 PM

s0br-
I'm currently mining at your pool because you're paying extra. I like what you're trying to do, so I want to let you know that I will be *much* more likely to *continue* mining at your pool if you add nmc (and huc dvc ixc). Why not? Every % counts for a miner.

I'm actually working on that... part of the reason for the 12.5% is to account for that for the lack of merged mining for the time being...

PPS (Pay Per Share) Bitcoin Mining Pool
0% Fees + 1% Bonus + Merged Mining (NMC - Namecoin) +Hourly Payouts
https://mining.bitcoinaffiliatenetwork.com
armstrong4140

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:57:38 PM

I was hoping one of you more experienced miners might be able to point me in the right direction. I'm running new miners, in a new pool, what would most likely cause a really high discard rate, and is it important? S3 b5's and am using closest pool west1. Miners seem to be settling down a little after several hours. (expected) mostly stable numbers and I am trying different frequencies atm. High discard rate possibly caused by overclocking? Any help appreciated.
fire000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:19:22 PM

I was hoping one of you more experienced miners might be able to point me in the right direction. I'm running new miners, in a new pool, what would most likely cause a really high discard rate, and is it important? S3 b5's and am using closest pool west1. Miners seem to be settling down a little after several hours. (expected) mostly stable numbers and I am trying different frequencies atm. High discard rate possibly caused by overclocking? Any help appreciated.

right the discard is nothing to worry about they are shares that ya miner has been issued with but undervalue for the diff on the pool so for example if ya workers diff is say 500   and the miner finds a share that is 200 it will discard that share as it undervalue to the pool....

the 2 numbers ya want to watch on ya miner is the diff1#   and the diffa# ones they should be very close to each other the diff1 is that amount of diff1 shares ya miner is mining local.....    the diffa is the total of the shares that are been put into the pool at the diff for ya miner if that diff is 500 that number will rise 500 with each appected share as it worth 500 diff1 shares   hope this help....    

As long as that diff1 and diffa number is close to each other ya right.... and do not worry if the diffa number is higher than the diff1 as that a good thing for you as a miner as your miner is out doing it expected share earn
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:57:39 PM

right the discard is nothing to worry about they are shares that ya miner has been issued with but undervalue for the diff on the pool so for example if ya workers diff is say 500   and the miner finds a share that is 200 it will discard that share as it undervalue to the pool....

the 2 numbers ya want to watch on ya miner is the diff1#   and the diffa# ones they should be very close to each other the diff1 is that amount of diff1 shares ya miner is mining local.....    the diffa is the total of the shares that are been put into the pool at the diff for ya miner if that diff is 500 that number will rise 500 with each appected share as it worth 500 diff1 shares   hope this help....    

As long as that diff1 and diffa number is close to each other ya right.... and do not worry if the diffa number is higher than the diff1 as that a good thing for you as a miner as your miner is out doing it expected share earn

Also that unfortunately sounds like typical behavior of some S3s. There are 4 running here, and results vary wildly independent of pool. One is fine at 250, one needs 225, one runs at stock, and one is actually downclocked because even at stock it would wind down every few hours. Seems to be luck of the draw with these units. Of note, the Rockminer R3 seems to have a higher reject rate than the S3 on this pool, all else being equal.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
armstrong4140

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:36:17 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 07:11:11 AM by armstrong4140

Thanks for the info guys. Been monitoring the diffa & diff1 for several hours now and the diffa is 20-40x the diff1 numbers. Was wondering if this was an indication that maybe the vardiff needs some adjustment? Just thought I'd ask since we're kind of beta-testing right now.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:11:58 AM

Joined today s0br. Thanks for the heads up, when my Miners come off of the rental, they'll be here.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
fire000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:43:57 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 08:20:25 AM by fire000

Thanks for the info guys. Been monitoring the diffa & diff1 for several hours now and the diffa is 20-40x the diff1 numbers. Was wondering if this was an indication that maybe the vardiff needs some adjustment? Just thought I'd ask since we're kind of beta-testing right now.

just to clear something up as that is very high if it is 20-40x the diff 1 shares... And sorb will need to look at a few things....    with your numbers when you are talking 20-40x   are you meaning   for example there is 1 mil diff1 shares showing on the miner and your diffa is showing as 20 mill Huh??

Or something like this example diff1 =  2218093     and diffa showing as =2228093    <<<<<  if the later that quite normal and it trends to balance out the longer the miner is running based on luck of finding shares.....      But if it as in the 1st example there something really funny there as ya would be hashing at 20 - 40 times ya rigs hash rate....

Also as a footnote you are looking at the heading DIFF 1     and not the heading marked DIFF Huh? yeah

Just looking at few screen shots from a few different s3 ants via google it appears there may be a reporting bug on the S3 and the way it reporting the diff1 and diffa shares.....    

Just of this thread and looking as few of the screen shots of different peoples miners screenshots they are all showing the same thing where it showing a massive high number on that diffa vs the diff1 shares so I am guessing there some type of reporting bug on the s3 on the miners status page https://bitcointa.lk/threads/antminer-s3-discussion-and-support-thread.335840/page-105

Just a footnote I have opened a thread up re this and hoping the cgminer dev can shed some light on why the stats are off by a mile as if my hunch is right there a reporting bug in the s3 on the status page thread can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732075.0
s0br (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 08:31:12 AM

just to clear something up as that is very high if it is 20-40x the diff 1 shares... And sorb will need to look at a few things....    with your numbers when you are talking 20-40x   are you meaning   for example there is 1 mil diff1 shares showing on the miner and your diffa is showing as 20 mill Huh??

Or something like this example diff1 =  2218093     and diffa showing as =2228093    <<<<<  if the later that quite normal and it trends to balance out the longer the miner is running based on luck of finding shares.....      But if it as in the 1st example there something really funny there as ya would be hashing at 20 - 40 times ya rigs hash rate....

Also as a footnote you are looking at the heading DIFF 1     and not the heading marked DIFF Huh? yeah

Just looking at few screen shots from a few different s3 ants via google it appears there may be a reporting bug on the S3 and the way it reporting the diff1 and diffa shares.....    

Just of this thread and looking as few of the screen shots of different peoples miners screenshots they are all showing the same thing where it showing a massive high number on that diffa vs the diff1 shares so I am guessing there some type of reporting bug on the s3 on the miners status page https://bitcointa.lk/threads/antminer-s3-discussion-and-support-thread.335840/page-105

Just a footnote I have opened a thread up re this and hoping the cgminer dev can shed some light on why the stats are off by a mile as if my hunch is right there a reporting bug in the s3 on the status page thread can be found here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732075.0

Yeah... that's on purpose... it's meant to be a performance workaround... There's been issues with the millions of rows in the database having to be processed when a block was found.. and many of the queries do table scans.. that's a cheap way of 'consolidating' shares.. if that makes any sense. It's reduced the db footprint over 20 times... The #'s will still work out at the end... and the system is snappy and fast... and I would imagine that's all that matters? Smiley

s0br (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 08:33:24 AM

Oh I actually misunderstood... the stratum servers don't set any difficulties over 12k... I was just talking about db internals.. and share counting..

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:04:00 AM

not too sure what was going on, has went all the way up & down then it slowly settle back down.
shares was reset to 0 & up again. well, imo not only me it's the entire pool. maybe sobr doing something in the background.
hurry, let's hit a block. hmmm, few more blocks Wink
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:33:39 AM

pool down ? seems like not loading ....
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:23:11 AM

Same here haven't been able to login today Sad

Just logged in now, everything is very slow though.

Something's wrong with the pool stats.

On main page it's showing 0 PH/s for pool speed and on pool stats page I only see my miner.
roncutt

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:42:55 AM

Same here haven't been able to login today Sad

Just logged in now, everything is very slow though.

Something's wrong with the pool stats.

On main page it's showing 0 PH/s for pool speed and on pool stats page I only see my miner.

I guess it's just the front end, my rigs are getting accepted shares at normal pace.
Front end was slow also for me earlier. I won't try to login for a while.
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:51:01 PM

looks like moarrr probs with pool Huh OP where are u ?
royalpro

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:18:23 PM

Well now I am waiting to see if my work was for something or nothing before I start mining on this site again.  Looked good until I woke up and had log in problems then 0's across the board for earnings once logged in, but hash rate was still there.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 11:31:07 PM

bit of a bugger if your a small fish...any chance of a prize for smaller scale, home miners?

armstrong4140

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:09:59 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 02:24:44 AM by armstrong4140

Hey s0br,
interface is coming along nice, I realize the numbers have been a bit odd as you work on things. No problem there, but I seem to have a missing worker. It says it's alive and hashing on west1,but its missing from my workers, under the account settings tab. It's also missing from the dash. I wouldn't have noticed but seemed like my hash rate and share rate dropped recently.  Maybe your working on that part of the interface? If so disregard.

NVM, my total hash-rate seems right.  later
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: