Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:45:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380958 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kracko

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:11:28 PM

One thing I really don't understand why miners are so stupid...

We al know we have to spread the hashrate, in our own interest for not getting a 51% attack or a fork.

Still UTC miners are mining almost for 99% on only one pool Huh Why they don't listen in their own interest ?

First almost all miners where at www.ultracoinpool.info.
Now this pool close down soon for maintenance and everybody has to check out their rigs.

Now the majority (99,9%) seems to stepped over to www.ultracoins.info.
Almost all miners are at this pool

The other pools are still empty:
www.ultracoiners.info  
http://utc.tumblingblock.com/

MINERS PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU HAVE TO SPREAD THE HASRATE OVER MORE THAN ONE POOL !!!

DO IT KNOW IN OUR ALL INTEREST AND NOT GETTING A 51% ATTACK !!!

I do not think you understand how a 51% attack works. However, you are correct that 99% of the hashing coming from one pool is a problem. But what motivation do miners have to switch pools when they lose 80% of their revenue by doing so?

Someone else suggested a system that increases fee structure when the hashing rate goes over 50%, that is a great idea. The only thing that will get miners to switch is when a more profitable option opens up, that's just the nature of mining. It's extremely competitive and no one is going to mine at a giant loss because "it's the right thing to do". They are going to mine wherever the profits are highest.

If you want them to switch take away their revenue and they will switch. Calling out a general group of people who probably don't even read this forum isn't going to get you very far. Even if they do read this forum, they don't care about the 51% attack, they care about immediate mining profits.

miningpoolhub uses an incremental fee system that seems to have worked.

Pool's hash share - Fee
0~45% - 1% Fee
46~50% - 2% Fee
51~100% - 2% Fee + 0.5% raise every day.

On a particular coin I have mined they usually peak at 33%.  They used to have over 51% until they implemented the increasing tax system.  If all pools coordinated in like manner, the motivation to relocate would be enough to keep a relatively fair distribution without the 51% problem.

Thanks Bret and Kracko for this good points.

But the pool owners don't do it for free.
To develop, maintain and keep it online cost (a lot) money.
I don't see it that they can/will do that for only 1% or 2% pool fee Huh

Hi RichardMiner,

if I got Kracko right, it is not the 1% or 2% that is important, but the 0.5% raise every day.
1 or 2 is just an "arbitrary" value, the steady raise every day makes the difference! This keeps the pools balanced.

Regards,
Janus

@RichardMiner.  At 3% fee, the 1.5mh/s that the ultracoins.info pool has only brings in around $212 a month at current prices, not including transaction fees and donations.  That would cover the cost of the dedicated server, but not the operation and maintenance, at least not my time.  From a pool owner's perspective, there's nothing significant to be made at this stage.  It's more about setting up the infrastructure and paving the way for future expansion. The big money is being in at the floor as a stakeholder and having your stake expand exponentially down the road.

@Janus.  Exactly.  The base amounts aren't as important as they can be scaled for volume.  With enough of a net hash rate, competition from other pools will force lower values as they try to draw as more players into the game.  It is the increasing penalty for inaction that will motivate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Website updated.

ABOUT:
Updated Team

BOUNTIES:
Updated bounties and respective rewards
Removed irrelevant data

MINING:
Updates pools
Fixed broken links
Updated Config Generator

EXCHANGES:
Updated list

NAV:
Updated BitcoinTalk link to new thread

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
utcminer

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website http://c

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:36:20 PM

Website updated.

ABOUT:
Updated Team

BOUNTIES:
Updated bounties and respective rewards
Removed irrelevant data

MINING:
Updates pools
Fixed broken links
Updated Config Generator

EXCHANGES:
Updated list

NAV:
Updated BitcoinTalk link to new thread

OK good JOB!

http://ultracoin.net/ - Ultracoin Website
http://cryptotrain.net/ - Ultracoin Multipool
http://ultracoinpool.info/ - Ultracoin Pool
Kracko

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:26:41 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 09:30:51 PM by Kracko

ok ill move my rigs over..lets see what happens...

I give up....your site is f'ed  first keeps saying tokin expired  then it doesn't send confirmation emails..
Anyone know why in this pool find blocks 14.85 ?

WHERE THE OTHERS   0.15 GO?

It's called a 1% tax.  The total taxing is at 2% for tumblingblock.  I've reconfigured NOMP and MPOS so that all the fees appear in the accounting on the web site, and not half at the feed and half at the site.

Edit:

After further consideration I'm going to put my money where my mouth is- I've dropped all fees entirely and will go with donations instead.   Yes, I would like to see some compensation at some point for running the pool- and eventually there will be taxes.  But I would rather see this coin succeed as I already have a sizable stake in it and having a 99% hash rate on any one server is threatening.  If you feel the service is worthwhile feel free to donate.

http://utc.tumblingblock.com is a dedicated Leaseweb server and has a 100mbit connection which is mostly unused right now.  It also has plenty of CPU/memory to burn as it is only running a few other of my web sites.
utcminer

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:02:43 PM

THIS IS THE CHANCE UTC NEED !

COME ONE AND DONATE FOR THIS SPECIAL CAUSE !

RESTART OF THE DONATING ACTION FOR THE LAS VEGAS HASHERS UNITED CONVENTION.  http://hashersunited.com/

PLEASE HELP US SO ULTRACOIN CAN TAKE PART AT THE CONVENTION

Dear guy's and girls,

October 10th and 11th 2014 takes place in Las Vegas the largest global crypto mining event.

Look at: http://hashersunited.com/  

Creators and Developers from various coins that operate under popular algorithms will speak frankly about:
- How their coin sits within the crypto currency landscape;
- Advancements in algorithms and future development updates;
- Predictions for the crypto currency sector
- And about much more

Among the presentations/speakers is also Charlie Lee of LiteCoin  and a lot of more “big names” from crypto world.

The organization of the convention asked/invited Ultracoin to take part and do a presentation about Ultracoin ChaCha algorithm.

We as management team think this is a big honor for our coin because there are only four other coin creators asked to do a presentation:
- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

We belief it is very important to take part at this convention and belief it can create big benefits for Ultracoin’s future by taking part of de exhibition, the network events and to do the presentation.

If we want to take part with Ultracoin at the convention we need to do this professional and good. As mentioned by others before: We have only one chance to impress !

For taking part at the convention we calculated the following costs:
- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Sponsorship at the exhibition includes space for a 6x3 ft table plus two chairs and incl. space for a pop up stand and listed as an exhibitor on the hashers united  
  website. Full conference pass for one staff member and 50% off for another staff member
- Making a new video and PowerPoint presentation about the UTC history and future and about the ChaCha scrypt benefits
- Printing flyers

It is quite simple, if we want to show and present UTC as an professional coin at this convention and we can impress the convention partners, the visitors and the media, UTC can benefit in the future of it. This is what we al do believe in. It can turn out in a big chance for UTC.

The cost will be at least around $ 3.500 to $ 4000,- (about 6,9 BTC).  This is a lot of money !!! Yes we know.

Our management team has a budget for taking part at this convention of 2,0 BTC.

This is the maximum budget at the moment because we have some other develop jobs going on which cost also some big BTC.

So now this is the moment we want to ask the community to step in.

We want to ask you to help the cause and do a donation.
Small or big, everything is welcome.

Please let us now if you are willing to help and donate, this so Ultracoin can take part at the largest global crypto mining event.

Total needed: 6,90 BTC to do everything professional and good.

Already available: 2,0 BTC from the UTC management team.

So rest us to find another 4,90 BTC by donations.

I am very curious to see if we can do this again as a community.
Together again for Ultracoin !

Warm regards,
Paul.

PS; if you want to help and donate then please replay and tell us for what amount of BTC we can count on you.

Next step will be that we open an BTC address and ask you to send your donation within a week to the address.  

BTC needed              BTC pledge of donation                  

From management team                                         2,00
From bigd27                                                          0,50
From usukan                                                          0,20
From Janu$$                                                          0,10
From manie1976                                                    0,20
From KingCole                                                        0,20 till 0,40
                                                                            ====
                                                                             3,20  till 3,40    Pledged donations

COME ON Guy's.... MAKE ALSO AN DONATION, WE ARE ALMOST HALVE WAY !!!!!

It looks so wired that the utc's price is 0.000007btc ,and 6.9BTC can buy 1 million UTC

all the utc we have mined by now are  20,000,000 which worth 100BTC or so

why not put   6.9 BTC to buy  1 million UTC,instead of going to some meeting.

and i do not know what are you going to show in the meeting, to show how failed you are? how low price utc is?

do something real good to the coin!!!
 bumface ask for 3.2 btc,and now you ask for 6.9 BTC. Cost is rising,and price is going down and down

it looks so wired

rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:43:14 PM

@utcminer
If you think buying up a bunch of Ultracoin is going to be better than attending this conference than you probably don't understand what it is that makes crypto-currency tick. We are focusing on real world applications of Ultracoin, which is what we are accomplishing by going to this conference. And the reason why the price wen't up is because we are sending out a speaker plus myself who will be running a table for the entirety of the conference, as well as filming the event and attempting to conduct interviews which will give exposure to Ultracoin as well. If you think something as superficial as buying up a bunch of Ultracoin is going to help us long term, than you have your strategy wrong.

I just spoke with Justina, the project manager of Hashers United, she told me that despite the politics they are still very much interested in Ultracoin coming to represent scrypt-ChaCha and gave me a direct line with her to contact her once we get everything sorted out. In the meantime, they are going ahead and putting us down as representing the conference, that alone should drive up the exposure of Ultracoin (can you believe what one phone call can accomplish). So we will be officially attending according to the Hashers United website, once we find the right candidate for speaking and representing Ultracoin and Scrypt-Chacha, and once we receive the donations for leasing the table, I will be able to finally confirm with Justina and everything will be set in stone!

BTC Donation Address: 1Nhv4mg8sVZZFyc2jRZPPEdUGibpsvkVei

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Marketing & PR Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

Kracko

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:56:22 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 09:30:21 PM by Kracko

ok ill move my rigs over..lets see what happens...

I give up....your site is f'ed  first keeps saying tokin expired  then it doesn't send confirmation emails..

This is a known problem with the CSRF feature of the MPOS frontend.  And I've seen the same problem on other sites.  It times out especially quick at the registration screen.  Once you've gotten your account established it is no longer a problem.

The mail works both for Gmail and my work address which has fairly restrictive spam filtering enabled.  Some filtering offerings do not like Leaseweb addresses though.  I'd check your Junk folder if you have one.

I've disabled the CSRF checking and turned off mail registration.  I find it doubtful that bots will overwhelm the server to mine UTC.  You should find registration much easier.

Please try it again.  And if there any other issues please let me know about it and I'll resolve it as quickly as I can.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:01:40 PM

Hi UTCminer

The same thoughts ran thru my head a couple of days ago - but after consideration my conclusion was - DO BOTH

• Go to Conference
    Buy as much UTC at these prices as I can

Both are good opportunities in my estimation

So I appreciate your point - but to make UTC fly again it needs both strategies in play

RESTART OF THE DONATING ACTION FOR THE LAS VEGAS HASHERS UNITED CONVENTION.  http://hashersunited.com/

Dear guy's and girls,

October 10th and 11th 2014 takes place in Las Vegas the largest global crypto mining event.

Creators and Developers from various coins that operate under popular algorithms will speak frankly about:
- And about much more

Among the presentations/speakers is also Charlie Lee of LiteCoin  and a lot of more “big names” from crypto world.

The organization of the convention asked/invited Ultracoin to take part and do a presentation about Ultracoin ChaCha algorithm.

We as management team think this is a big honor for our coin because there are only four other coin creators asked to do a presentation:
- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

We belief it is very important to take part at this convention and belief it can create big benefits for Ultracoin’s future by taking part of de exhibition, the network events and to do the presentation.

If we want to take part with Ultracoin at the convention we need to do this professional and good. As mentioned by others before: We have only one chance to impress !

- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Sponsorship at the exhibition includes space for a 6x3 ft table plus two chairs and incl. space for a pop up stand and listed as an exhibitor on the hashers united  
  website. Full conference pass for one staff member and 50% off for another staff member
- Making a new video and PowerPoint presentation about the UTC history and future and about the ChaCha scrypt benefits
- Printing flyers

It is quite simple, if we want to show and present UTC as an professional coin at this convention and we can impress the convention partners, the visitors and the media, UTC can benefit in the future of it. This is what we al do believe in. It can turn out in a big chance for UTC.

The cost will be at least around $ 3.500 to $ 4000,- (about 6,9 BTC).  This is a lot of money !!! Yes we know.

This is the maximum budget at the moment because we have some other develop jobs going on which cost also some big BTC.

Please let us now if you are willing to help and donate, this so Ultracoin can take part at the largest global crypto mining event.

Warm regards,
Paul.

PS; if you want to help and donate then please replay and tell us for what amount of BTC we can count on you.

Next step will be that we open an BTC address and ask you to send your donation within a week to the address.  

From KingCole                                                        0,20 till 0,40
                                                                            ====

It looks so wired that the utc's price is 0.000007btc ,and 6.9BTC can buy 1 million UTC

and i do not know what are you going to show in the meeting, to show how failed you are? how low price utc is?

bumface ask for 3.2 btc,and now you ask for 6.9 BTC. Cost is rising,and price is going down and down

it looks so wired

--

--
Kracko

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:20:40 PM

Hey guys, what happened to ultracoinpool.info?

Hey buddy sorry for the problem with Ultracoinpool.info the Reason You get only 200 coins is because all miner move to other pool and get lot orphan blocks we closed the ultracoinpool.info because we go moved to the NOMP pool plattform if You have coins in the pool please withdrawal

you can move to these pool

http://ultracoins.info
http://ultracoiners.info

Yes. Give more hashes to Thiago.  He already has 99% of the total net hash rate.
Thiago1

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:08:35 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 12:33:59 AM by Thiago1

Hey buddy sorry for the problem with Ultracoinpool.info the Reason You get only 200 coins is because all miner move to other pool and get lot orphan blocks we closed the ultracoinpool.info because we go moved to the NOMP pool plattform if You have coins in the pool please withdrawal

Yes. Give more hashes to Thiago.  He already has 99% of the total net hash rate.

Hey dude what is the problem as  You know All fees generated by  Dev Pools  donated to the Ultracoin development fund, events, promotions and other efforts. I do not take any ultra
We have 2 moré pools

tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:33:39 AM

We need to work on the algo some..its just getting to hard to mine and its not covering the electric it takes to mine it...that a big problem...we are down to 910 ..pretty bad days..for such a good coin
rapture333

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 02:09:25 AM

We need to work on the algo some..its just getting to hard to mine and its not covering the electric it takes to mine it...that a big problem...we are down to 910 ..pretty bad days..for such a good coin

More powerful cards become a bit of an overkill on the new N-Factor, I would recommend switching over to the multi-pool once it reopens.

Although, electricity costs tend to fall on higher N-Factors as well as GPU's are pulling less power.

Kracko

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:49:04 AM

Yes. Give more hashes to Thiago.  He already has 99% of the total net hash rate.

Hey dude what is the problem as  You know All fees generated by  Dev Pools  donated to the Ultracoin development fund, events, promotions and other efforts. I do not take any ultra
We have 2 moré pools

The problem? It's that almost all the hash rate is on one pool and that it is also a dev pool.  This does not look good.  Also, that hardly anyone seems interested in fixing the problem is even more concerning.
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:56:31 AM

I thought this new multipool was up and working? when will it be functional if it already isn't?

Also in the last 24 hours coinmarketcap say our volume has been £100. Is this accurate?
rapture333

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 02:08:27 PM

I thought this new multipool was up and working? when will it be functional if it already isn't?

Also in the last 24 hours coinmarketcap say our volume has been £100. Is this accurate?

It should be up soon, Craig and his team are revamping it. It is going to be one of the most extremely efficient pools out there.

I am not sure about volume, might want to check the exchanges for recent activity. I would but I am at work.

CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:23:44 PM

Dear guy's and girls,

- And about much more

- Litecoin;
- Vertocoin;
- Mastercoin;
- Etherium;

- Traveling
- Hotel
- Food and drinks
- Printing flyers

Warm regards,
Paul.

====

it looks so wired

+1, I Could not agree more.  what are you going to show in the meeting? How  you could get 1 BTC with 1000 utc  back in February and now to get 1btc you need to spend more than 50,000 utc?  it's a waste of money to go there at this minute in time as you  have nothing to show off

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:53:38 AM

Be alot more impressive if you made to the convention using Ultracoin.   Then you would have to something to say about UTC. 

Anyone coming to this thread will see UTC had to beg to for others to sponsor them which does not look professional at all.  Why don't you ask some of the original devs who made profit from the IPO and dumps of their premine to sponsor this?  They have alot of BTC and 10 BTC is pocket money now to them.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
utcminer

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:40:28 AM

@utcminer
If you think buying up a bunch of Ultracoin is going to be better than attending this conference than you probably don't understand what it is that makes crypto-currency tick. We are focusing on real world applications of Ultracoin, which is what we are accomplishing by going to this conference. And the reason why the price wen't up is because we are sending out a speaker plus myself who will be running a table for the entirety of the conference, as well as filming the event and attempting to conduct interviews which will give exposure to Ultracoin as well. If you think something as superficial as buying up a bunch of Ultracoin is going to help us long term, than you have your strategy wrong.

I just spoke with Justina, the project manager of Hashers United, she told me that despite the politics they are still very much interested in Ultracoin coming to represent scrypt-ChaCha and gave me a direct line with her to contact her once we get everything sorted out. In the meantime, they are going ahead and putting us down as representing the conference, that alone should drive up the exposure of Ultracoin (can you believe what one phone call can accomplish). So we will be officially attending according to the Hashers United website, once we find the right candidate for speaking and representing Ultracoin and Scrypt-Chacha, and once we receive the donations for leasing the table, I will be able to finally confirm with Justina and everything will be set in stone!

BTC Donation Address: 1Nhv4mg8sVZZFyc2jRZPPEdUGibpsvkVei

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
Marketing & PR Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

OK! GOOD!Go ahead! scrypt-ChaCha is perfect and utc is my favorate coin! i will buy 5000 utc every day

rapture333

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 03:51:23 AM

@Digit

Only problem is we would have to sell it all for USD/EUR which would flood the market when we try to liquidate. Great idea though, and something I've considered myself.

As far as asking for donations, I believe it is just a community action. After all, this convention should be the interest of the community since it does affect everyone.

Plus, as far as things to say, there are plenty of unique things about Scrypt-ChaCha, Ultracoin's services, such as ultra-arb.com, a new professional looking forum, coinpayments and future plans for a business directory, sponsorship of Elsa Hammond, etc. We definitely have things to talk about, we just have to get over there.

fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 05:19:33 PM

Hey nice restart!

Please look at block explorer in some free time. In the meantime whattomine will get stats from pools.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: