Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:43:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Namsbreh

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:12:16 AM

I see UTC is now listed on Bittrex.

rapture333

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 05:13:11 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 05:35:03 AM by rapture333

I just want to thank the community again for making Hasher's United a possibility, although I haven't been updating too frequently on details, every day has been an opportunity or development to make sure we are ready for the conference, and every day has shown an opportunity to improve and work on Ultracoin. I just wanted to say, that I am very excited to be a part of this project and although I would be dishonest if I said I didn't have skin in the game, most of what I am doing is out of my passion for alternative currencies and Ultracoin is the alternative currency I have chosen to back with my passion. So to all of you who have supported the Ultracoin project so far, and especially to all of you who have donated or given your time and expertise to this project, I thank you profoundly.

I would also like to give a shout out to Kracko, although you cannot see it, he had given a tremendous amount of his time, willpower and expertise in making sure our pools are setup in the best way possible, and I can say that he has impressed me. Our pools are beginning to be operated on a much more efficient and secure platform, mining pools are the heart and health of any successful currency, and so I have to recognize the extraordinary work Kracko done. Especially with the development of the new mutli-pool, well done.

Thank you all again for the opportunity to represent your coin at Hasher's United in Las Vegas, Nevada in the coming week. I am looking forward to the trip of course, but I am more excited to see the future of Ultracoin in following weeks, months, and even years from the conference. Ultracoin will be a success, if you want it to be.

Yours truly,

Steven "Rapture"
PR & Marketing Director
Ultracoin

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:33:41 AM

Hey Steven make sure you have a good time too!

You have done a tremendous job lately for UTC - just chill out and enjoy - if you spend my donation on wine/women/song I am totally happy!

Hard work deserves reward.............

Everyone trusts you and we are right behind you - not for a long time we have great communication and real progress on all fronts

Thanks for your tireless efforts on everything UTC

Cheers - usukan

I just want to thank the community again for making Hasher's United a possibility, although I haven't been updating too frequently on details, every day has been an opportunity or development to make sure we are ready for the conference, and every day has shown an opportunity to improve and work on Ultracoin. I just wanted to say, that I am very excited to be a part of this project and although I would be dishonest if I said I didn't have skin in the game, most of what I am doing is out of my passion for alternative currencies and Ultracoin is the alternative currency I have chosen to back with my passion. So to all of you who have supported the Ultracoin project so far, and especially to all of you who have donated or given your time and expertise to this project, I thank you profoundly.

I would also like to give a shout out to Kracko, although you cannot see it, he had given a tremendous amount of his time, willpower and expertise in making sure our pools are setup in the best way possible, and I can say that he has impressed me. Our pools are beginning to be operated on a much more efficient and secure platform, mining pools are the heart and health of any successful currency, and so I have to recognize the extraordinary work Kracko done. Especially with the development of the new mutli-pool, well done.

Thank you all again for the opportunity to represent your coin at Hasher's United in Las Vegas, Nevada in the coming week. I am looking forward to the trip of course, but I am more excited to see the future of Ultracoin in following weeks, months, and even years from the conference. Ultracoin will be a success, if you want it to be.

Yours truly,

Steven "Rapture"
PR & Marketing Director
Ultracoin

--

--
ultradar

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:02:06 PM

i see you have done really good job here...you look tireless....keep like that and i hope you dont quit like other early members on the first difficulty on the road...you seem a very good at marketing......YOU ARE THE MAN.

Yours truly,

Steven "Rapture"
PR & Marketing Director
Ultracoin

Thiago1

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

Yours truly,

Steven "Rapture"
PR & Marketing Director
Ultracoin

Thanks STEVE

for the great work you've done,is a pleasure doing business with you too

funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:01:50 PM

Great work!!

I was thinking could we give free UTC out on cold storage cards at the convention? This would make people download the wallet and 'get into' the coin. Just an idea. . .
rapture333

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 07:01:12 PM

Great work!!

I was thinking could we give free UTC out on cold storage cards at the convention? This would make people download the wallet and 'get into' the coin. Just an idea. . .

Actually Funsponge, we had the same idea! B3da is working on the paper wallet and hopefully we can complete it before the conference. One of our investors is donating 2,500UTC towards the wallets which will amount to 10UTC in each for a total of 250 wallets.

NDW467

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:34:53 PM

Great work!!

Actually Funsponge, we had the same idea! B3da is working on the paper wallet and hopefully we can complete it before the conference. One of our investors is donating 2,500UTC towards the wallets which will amount to 10UTC in each for a total of 250 wallets.

I'll match that donation, anyone else want to chip in?

Just post a wallet.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:35:22 AM

yes for sure - I will donate if we need more

But I am also thinking of the poor volunteer making 250+ paper wallets

not an insignificant undertaking

Whos doing this? 

Great work!!

I'll match that donation, anyone else want to chip in?

Just post a wallet.

--

--
drbobbo

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:06:11 AM

Hi,

I am new to UTC, I tried to mine this using my CPUs to no luck. I used

minerd-x64-avx.exe -a scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://ultracoiners.info:4444 -u <> -p <> -t 15 (with my user and pwd filled in of course).

The miner runs, but the worker newer shows up as active.

I tried with YAC miner on my GPUs, this connects to another worker just fine. Is there another port to be used for CPUs or I am doing something wrong?

Also what hashrate can I expect with the current N-factor? I have two r9 290x (Saphire trixx). at the moment I am getting 18 Kh/s on each, while my CPU (intel xeon) givs ~25 hashes/s / thread.

Thanks

/

drbobbo

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:12:31 AM

I just realized that the pool shows 0.66 Kh/s while the miner shows 18 Kh/s / GPU.  Am I loosing hashes on the way.

I am getting some valid shares and some coins though, I been on for one hour and at this rate it will be ~2.2 UTC/day  Embarrassed
Qxw

Activity: 203

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:01:33 PM

Also what hashrate can I expect with the current N-factor? I have two r9 290x (Saphire trixx). at the moment I am getting 18 Kh/s on each, while my CPU (intel xeon) givs ~25 hashes/s / thread.

Something is wrong. R9 290x is not over 4 times faster than Sapphire toxic R9 280x.

With "conservative" settings for reliability,  one R9 280x give around 4.2-4.5 khash/s.
With some aggressive settings it can pump some small amount higher depending many things.
R9 290x can not be 4x faster. So, my opinion is that something is wrong with your settings if it continuoysly show 18kh/s for one  R9 290x.

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:12:35 PM

Something is wrong. R9 290x is not over 4 times faster than Sapphire toxic R9 280x.

With "conservative" settings for reliability,  one R9 280x give around 4.2-4.5 khash/s.
With some aggressive settings it can pump some small amount higher depending many things.
R9 290x can not be 4x faster. So, my opinion is that something is wrong with your settings if it continuoysly show 18kh/s for one  R9 290x.
I would also guess that @ 18kh/s he's getting massive HW errors. He needs to post a screenshot of his cmd window and show what settings are being used.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
rapture333

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:29:38 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 10:03:01 PM by rapture333

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Ultracoin community members!

I am proud to announce today the launch of Use Ultracoin, the premiere directory service for all things Ultracoin!

Don't sit on your pile of Ultracoin, use it to stimulate the Ultra economy!

Use Ultracoin allows businesses to connect to consumers without the guesswork of having to use Google to find websites that accept Ultracoin. With a variety of different packages to suit each businesses need, companies can now connect to the Ultra economy easier than ever before. The problem with many crypto-currencies is the inability to connect users to businesses, thus, coins are never spent and the volume never grows. With Use Ultracoin, finding businesses that accept Ultracoin has never been easier, whether it is an eCommerce site over the web, or a brick and mortar location in the city.

Businesses that have been lacking a venue to reach the crypto-currency using public now have one with Ultracoin, setting up a listing is extremely easy and highly customizable to you companies needs. Custom sliders on the main page carousel are also available for businesses looking for extra "in your face" exposure. Users can find the businesses they are looking by choosing the category they wish to explore, or view the recent listings for new additions.

Turn your computer power into real world goods and services using Ultracoin!

Useultracoin.com

drbobbo

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:51:05 PM

I would also guess that @ 18kh/s he's getting massive HW errors. He needs to post a screenshot of his cmd window and show what settings are being used.

You are perfectly right. I restarted the machine and now it shows plenty of HW, don't know why it didn't before. My settings are:

yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 3 --buffer-size 3532 -R 10496 -o stratum+tcp://ultracoiners.info:3333 -u <> -p <> --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600

which is exactly what I got from the config website in the OP. Any idea where to start for really conservative settings for R9 290x?

I actually never used Yacminer before, and I started first with ultracoinminer with the settings from the config website. This crashed my AMD display driver (which "recovered successfully") but then it only showed 0.0 Kh/s, I tried to tweak the settings but it never helped, so I gave up and switched to Yacminer. Actually thought I had it working, but no joy .....

The settings I had for ultraminer was:

ultracoinminer --scrypt-jane --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 3 --thread-concurrency 98400 -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://ultracoiners.info:4444 -u <> -p <> --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600

Any help highly appreciated!

/
Qxw

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:44:06 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 10:18:15 PM by Qxw

Imho, this  -R 10496  is far too high for N14  and specially if also lookup gap is only 3, your buffer is far too small for this massive amount.

N14  means 8M mem need for one....

Try R under 1000 and start then increase it for find optimum. (do not look only miner display and gross hashrate, look also how pool "think" about your hashing)
If you use higher lookup gap then of course raw intensity (-R) can be higher.

I do not know if lookup gap 3 is optimum with your system. But if these are used your -R is really lot of too high.

Of course my thinking here may be bullshit because it is long time I have adjusted amd radeon mining.

Btw
From http://www.ultracoin.net/configgen_raw.html      for R9 290x 4Gb mem and N14
-------------------------
yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 3532 -R 7040 -o stratum+tcp://<pool address>:<port> -u <username> -p <password> --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600
-------------------------
Then example If yo drop lookup gap half then you need also drop  -R

I believe you have accidentally used N12 when you get these values!  

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:17:03 PM

You are perfectly right. I restarted the machine and now it shows plenty of HW, don't know why it didn't before. My settings are:

yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 3 --buffer-size 3532 -R 10496 -o stratum+tcp://ultracoiners.info:3333 -u <> -p <> --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600

which is exactly what I got from the config website in the OP. Any idea where to start for really conservative settings for R9 290x?

I actually never used Yacminer before, and I started first with ultracoinminer with the settings from the config website. This crashed my AMD display driver (which "recovered successfully") but then it only showed 0.0 Kh/s, I tried to tweak the settings but it never helped, so I gave up and switched to Yacminer. Actually thought I had it working, but no joy .....

ultracoinminer --scrypt-jane --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 3 --thread-concurrency 98400 -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://ultracoiners.info:4444 -u <> -p <> --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600

/

I used the config generator for a 290x with 4GB of ram and here is what I got for yacminer. Very different from yours.

yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 --buffer-size 3532 -R 7040 -o stratum+tcp://<pool address>:<port> -u <username> -p <password> --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388361600

If your card has 6GB of ram then it should be --lookup-gap 7 --buffer-size 5416 -R 9344

How much DRAM does your mobo have? It plays a big part with high N-factors.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Qxw

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:20:00 PM

/

I used the config generator for a 290x with 4GB of ram and here is what I got for yacminer. Very different from yours.

If your card has 6GB of ram then it should be --lookup-gap 7 --buffer-size 5416 -R 9344

How much DRAM does your mobo have? It plays a big part with high N-factors.

He have used N12 Wink

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
drbobbo

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:21:42 AM

True I used N12, did think it defaulted to the current N-factor automatically. Where can I get the current N-factor, published anywhere?

My CPU miner sets it 10 16 automatically, why? Do you know if I can set that explicitly on minerd-yac?

This machine has 64 Gb of RAM, can that be used to increase hashrate? Which settings?

Thanks for the help, will try these settings now!

/

primouno

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:16:34 AM

True I used N12, did think it defaulted to the current N-factor automatically. Where can I get the current N-factor, published anywhere?

My CPU miner sets it 10 16 automatically, why? Do you know if I can set that explicitly on minerd-yac?

This machine has 64 Gb of RAM, can that be used to increase hashrate? Which settings?

Thanks for the help, will try these settings now!

You can check current nfactor here: http://ultracoin.net/nfactor.html
As for other questions I have no idea, but I think more RAM gives nothing, although the more NVRAM your GPU has the more RAM you should have. 64 GB is enough or even too much Wink

UTC address: UMzy2N8oTFmcQ2bfZoqLnmXsWzvfA8miRy
http://ultracoin.net/    -- Ultracoin Website        http://ultracointalk.org/  -- UltracoinTalk Forum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: