Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 [735] 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
Nevril

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:48:18 PM

A quick note
Phase 2 has officially started!
It was a really smooth launch with a lot of new investors asking for shares during the transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2. These have been included in "The Believers" list.
Many of the booked shares have been sold, the remaining are waiting for payment which should come in the next few days.
The project has reached 1.8 BTCs in just two days which honestly has surpassed my initial expectations and I have to thank everyone who believed in BLTPS since the beginning and still is: we are set to grow thanks to you!

Plenty of shares are available for new investors so make sure you have a look at this project and, if you want, buy some!
The more the raised funds, the better BLTPS influence on the markets will be! (and the more you will be profiting, obviously!)

Update v1.1.0 - Phase 2

Burst Long Term Price Support project
(BLTPS)

Changelog
v1.1.0 - 11/nov/2014
Phase 2 has officially started
"How to Participate" section has been properly updated
Phase 2 details have been published
Part of the text has been rewritten and updated to match the current phase
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:00:20 PM

Hi,

I know it's probably somewhere in the 700+ pages but can any tell me an easy way to send Burst to my wallet with the public key that's required for first time deposits?  I just stupidly transferred a fair amount from Poloniex and lost it!  I've looked around but can't seem to find any exchanges that allow you to include the public key for first transfers.

Also, just plotting 6TB at the moment with plenty of room for expansion.  What is the minimum TB suggested at present to give a good chance of finding blocks?

Come join us at http://burst.ga ! Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 04:11:48 PM

What is the easiest fastest way to get this set up guys. I have an I7, 2 r90 Gpu's, 16gig ram, about 9TB combines in HDD space. Irontiga helped me alot by switching to linux but I am still having no luck. Is there an easy guide to get this done. I am new to the burst scene, I just wanna get hdd mining for now using windows if possible because then I get get my gpu's mining along with my asics. I appreciate the help. I am very active in the crypto community and can do webdev if the coin needs anything.

Here's a guide I wrote. I still have more to add to it, but it's still functional. It shows you how to use the C miner by Uray, and my pool at http://burst.ga  Eventually I will be adding more to it, but I'm in the middle of a ton of other things right now and I don't have time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bc1LIG0vOYYW6FxgBHhQGjKqm0aWoSClkqaNJx17wWk/edit?usp=sharing

There you go!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:24:35 PM

A quick note
Phase 2 has officially started!
It was a really smooth launch with a lot of new investors asking for shares during the transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2. These have been included in "The Believers" list.
Many of the booked shares have been sold, the remaining are waiting for payment which should come in the next few days.
The project has reached 1.8 BTCs in just two days which honestly has surpassed my initial expectations and I have to thank everyone who believed in BLTPS since the beginning and still is: we are set to grow thanks to you!

Plenty of shares are available for new investors so make sure you have a look at this project and, if you want, buy some!
The more the raised funds, the better BLTPS influence on the markets will be! (and the more you will be profiting, obviously!)

Update v1.1.0 - Phase 2

Burst Long Term Price Support project
(BLTPS)

Changelog
v1.1.0 - 11/nov/2014
Phase 2 has officially started
"How to Participate" section has been properly updated
Phase 2 details have been published
Part of the text has been rewritten and updated to match the current phase

I cant find the asset ID, am I missing something ?
EDIT: Sorry , I misunderstood the scheme..
tex81

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:43:06 PM

Russia
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:53:21 PM

hi
how to get this chart?

seems come from excel???

how to bind to a datasource?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
spookycoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 05:56:29 PM

24-hour volume for BURST looks solid.

That's me on twitter --> @spookycoins
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 06:21:33 PM

24-hour volume for BURST looks solid.

We're doing great, and this is only the beginning! Cheesy

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:00:30 PM

The issue is let's say someone started working on a Proof of Work fork.  If they wanted to fake a fork that was 100 blocks long, they would have to remove 50% of the mining power from the main chain to create this fork, this would take 100 blocks to complete however.. by which point in time the network would be 100 blocks into the future, so they'd constantly be playing catch up.

The question is, can you occasionally say fake a fork like this in say 5 minutes with a large enough percentage of network resources that the network accepts and uses to overwrite the 10 confirmations of a blockchain which cheats the system and overrides that calculation?

This is not "Nothing At Stake."  That is an attack which can only work on a Proof of Stake currency (I know NXT has some defense against this.)  The idea is that since the mining process verifying the blockchain only requires a commitment of the currency the blockchain is tracking, it costs you nothing to mine on all current forks, giving a forking attack a substantial advantage.  That can't happen in a mining process which requires an economic commitment external to the blockchain.  Buterin is the guy to read about this.
This isn't really a nothing at stake question, but more about the cost required to attempt a 51% attack if you have sufficient or close to sufficient hashrate. When attempting that, constructing an alternate chain starting from an earlier point in time can be done quickly since there is no need to actually wait out the deadlines.

Why is there not a need to wait out deadlines?  Is it possible to force that and make blocks, and therefore chains containing them, that have not waited out the deadline invalid?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
mczarnek

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:17:29 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 07:48:50 PM by mczarnek

After spending a week or so looking into it, and buying a bunch of them, here's why I think Burst has a lot of potential:

- Truly decentralized unlike Ripple or BitShares
- Very low power unlike Proof of Work
- The blockchain can be trimmed, unlike Proof of Stake.  This is because Proof of Stake relies on the blockchain to prove a forger would have the resources required to be able to trim the blockchain.. if a coin achieves Visa level transaction rates, we're talking 40+TB per year that need to be stored. This is a barrier for new people to get on board if they have to download hundreds of TB of data just to check the blockchain or start forging. Yet Burst uses approximately the same amount of electricity.
- ASIC resistant, unlike Litecoin or most of these new ASIC resistant protocols that are only 'ASIC resistant' because they are new enough that they haven't been cracked yet
-'Fairly distributed' - I really don't care but a lot of people do as evidenced by attacks against Nxt.  It is true that other than some exchanges, very few accounts have more than a million Burst.  This is a very nice distribution for people who believe it's important: http://burstcoin.eu/charts/account-balance-distribution
-Power of Nxt Asset Exchange and Marketplace

Disadvantages:
- We really need to get more than one programmer on board.. I think that before advertising to the general public we should try to snag the programmers of other cryptos, or at least get them somewhat invested.  Maybe there is someway we could start collecting community funds to be used for development?  Allow miners to optionally donate a piece of their block rewards or people sending transactions can choose to send up to 5% of the transaction fee to a different address, encouraging them to donate to those helping develop the coin or market for it, etc?
- Hasn't stood the test of time yet
- Lots of competitors

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:14:22 PM

Why is there not a need to wait out deadlines?  Is it possible to force that and make blocks, and therefore chains containing them, that have not waited out the deadline invalid?

Most of the time, the attacker is going to get the best deadline on a fork, at least initially, particularly with no "Nothing at Stake" advantage, so it would make sense for an attacker to start calculating for the next fork as soon as his own best deadline is calculated.

- We really need to get more than one programmer on board.

I'd love to hear your opinions about the highest priority extensions needed in burst and the burst ecosystem.
familiaverde

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:43:46 PM

We are in the voting list on 3 more exchanges :

https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://bter.com/voting
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

I think that now its the perfect time to see BURST on other exchanges too .... this way we will have a better distrubution of the coins and more buy power .

Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:48:41 PM

We are in the voting list on 3 more exchanges :

https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://bter.com/voting
https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/

I think that now its the perfect time to see BURST on other exchanges too .... this way we will have a better distrubution of the coins and more buy power .

Come on, we're nearly at 1000 votes on hitbtc!!!
mczarnek

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:15:42 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 09:41:50 PM by mczarnek

Why is there not a need to wait out deadlines?  Is it possible to force that and make blocks, and therefore chains containing them, that have not waited out the deadline invalid?

Most of the time, the attacker is going to get the best deadline on a fork, at least initially, particularly with no "Nothing at Stake" advantage, so it would make sense for an attacker to start calculating for the next fork as soon as his own best deadline is calculated.

I still don't understand how the deadline is calculated.. the infographic in the first post seems to indicate how plots are made.  I only vaguely understand how they are later utilized though to do the mining.

I'd love to hear your opinions about the highest priority extensions needed in burst and the burst ecosystem.

I know someone in Nxt who very much wanted to work on blockchain trimming and has done some research there.. but I believe also wasn't sure how possible it was after some discussions.  I don't know how loyal to Nxt he is and also I know that Nxt is paying him a salary to program.  But if we could get enough money to pay him, he'd be very nice to have on board. Will talk to him.

Couple other projects that I discussed with burstcoin, but am not ready to publicly discuss yet.  Nxt's marketplace isn't doing great.. if we could come up some unique selling points there, might be able to steal away that market share and get the network effect working for us.

Also merchandise would be nice. Would be nice to sell stickers and bumper stickers for example.  Some study showed that a bumper sticker is worth ~$100 in marketing per year.  Maybe we're not there yet but anything to help improve the viral effect is good.

I also agree that more exchanges would be very nice.. we hit Bter and we're going up big time.. that being said, I'd prefer to get more coders on board before this happens.  Chinese(and other language) translations would also be nice for appealing to people in their native language.

Some interesting thoughts on ASIC resistance:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2ly00a/how_important_is_asic_resistance_for_a_crypto/

If someone could write up an article explaining why Burst is ASIC resistant to people who don't understand all the internals of crypto.. might be very good for attracting attention to Burst.

And an interesting article on how to defeat network effects, such as Bitcoin's:
http://www.businessinsider.com/network-effects-2011-5

One thing that I think would be nice that has helped Ripple, is that anywhere you can spend Bitcoins, you can spend Ripples due to their BTC bridge.

What about you? What do you think are important projects?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Craige288

Activity: 120
Merit: 73

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:37:03 PM

Hi again!
After finally working out where my Burst went yesterday I decided it would be best to store it back on the exchange so I transferred it back.

Just my luck, something seems to have gone wrong again :-

It would seem to have gone through ok and then it doubles up with no confirm?
xizmax

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:40:53 PM

I still don't understand how the deadline is calculated.. the infographic in the first post seems to indicate how plots are made.  I only vaguely understand how they are later utilized though to do the mining.

I know someone in Nxt who very much wanted to work on blockchain trimming and has done some research there.. but I believe also wasn't sure how possible it was after some discussions.  I don't know how loyal to Nxt he is and also I know that Nxt is paying him a salary to program.  But if we could get enough money to pay him, he'd be very nice to have on board. Will talk to him.

Couple other projects that I discussed with burstcoin, but am not ready to publicly discuss yet.  Nxt's marketplace isn't doing great.. if we could come up some unique selling points there, might be able to steal away that market share and get the network effect working for us.

Also merchandise would be nice. Would be nice to sell stickers and bumper stickers for example.  Some study showed that a bumper sticker is worth ~$100 in marketing per year.  Maybe we're not there yet but anything to help improve the viral effect is good.

I also agree that more exchanges would be very nice.. we hit Bter and we're going up big time.. that being said, I'd prefer to get more coders on board before this happens.  Chinese(and other language) translations would also be nice for appealing to people in their native language.

Some interesting thoughts on ASIC resistance:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2ly00a/how_important_is_asic_resistance_for_a_crypto/

If someone could write up an article explaining why Burst is ASIC resistant to people who don't understand all the internals of crypto.. might be very good for attracting attention to Burst.

More merchandise is always good, there were some nice pics/concepts a few pages back.

As for crypto internals, I believe HDD mining is a bigger "selling" point. Thats what led me to this coin, I only realized the other benefits later.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Craige288

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:54:29 PM

Hi,

I know it's probably somewhere in the 700+ pages but can any tell me an easy way to send Burst to my wallet with the public key that's required for first time deposits?  I just stupidly transferred a fair amount from Poloniex and lost it!  I've looked around but can't seem to find any exchanges that allow you to include the public key for first transfers.

Also, just plotting 6TB at the moment with plenty of room for expansion.  What is the minimum TB suggested at present to give a good chance of finding blocks?

I've setup for your site and I think it's working but where your instructions say wait for 4 blocks to confirm I have a webpage up http://localhost:8125/burst with a long line of text and that's it.  Will more lines appear with each block or have I done something wrong?
xizmax

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:57:47 PM

Hi,

I've setup for your site and I think it's working but where your instructions say wait for 4 blocks to confirm I have a webpage up http://localhost:8125/burst with a long line of text and that's it.  Will more lines appear with each block or have I done something wrong?

Go to http://localhost:8125/index.html and you should see your dashboard, things should get clearer then

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
crowetic
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 10:00:05 PM

Hi,

That's correct, it means your submission went through, now just wait for the four confirms and you're good to go! Send me your burst address and I will give you the 1500 burst I was giving to newcomers a while back Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..leveling and voting.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Craige288

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:10:06 PM

Hi,

That's correct, it means your submission went through, now just wait for the four confirms and you're good to go! Send me your burst address and I will give you the 1500 burst I was giving to newcomers a while back Smiley

Thanks! BURST-JKNG-PNZA-SSTY-46H3B . It seems to be working the same signature as shown on your site so I guess all good.
Pages: « 1 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 [735] 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: