Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:51:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:46:55 PM

illustration of what i am trying to achieve, total reward of 5 accounts still be lower than single account because single account would have better average best deadline

With some versions of gpu mining , the miner and pool negotiate (or rather, the pool instructs the miner) what is considered a deadline worthy of consideration. So a really slow miner will be allowed to send small deadlines, while a really fast miner will have a higher threshold reg. what to send.

This should result in a reduced traffic, but still enough samples to figure what the power of the miner is.

Given the custom deadline limit sent to the miner, and the nonces returned, the pool should be able to figre an estimate as to how much plot file has been plotted, and thus, what share of found blocks to allocate.

for instance of one miner negotiates a minimum of 1000 and another a minimum of 10000 then you could "just" calculate each of the sub 1000 nonces you get with the same weight as the number of sub 10000 nonces that you would've gotten if you had allowed them to be transferred.

Not sure i make myself clear, but i hope this might be of inspiration for perhaps a new miner protocol down the line - you should be able to create miner and pool that is pretty much totally fair, esp if you calculate the estimated plot size over a reasonable number of blocks.

If things are dynamic enough the pool could even hike the proof-of-work difficulty to reduce traffic, and just compensate in the calculations. So you could have the pool run at a relatively stable traffic burden.

You would of course have to code both miner and pool part of such a negotiation protocol, but pehaps you can be very much inspired by scrypt pool source.

just FYI, pool does not really suffer from network traffic, pool suffer on verfiying computation, every single nonce miner send, pool will need to do shabal256 hash ~48000 times, that is for single nonce from one miner, on one round on average there are 1500 nonces received for 100 miners

i believe you are talking about stratum protocol (by saying scrypt source), stratum was aimed to reduce traffic by adjusting pool-diff and to make miner can create his own job without need to ask pool regularly, its completely different to burst, while on PoW the more nonce you send the more reward you get, and also PoW algorithm was made to be hard to calculate and very easy to check for its validity

on burst does not like that, on burst you just need very small network traffic no matter how large your plot is, and burst mining does not really use cpu power, miner just need to do 1 shabal256 hash per nonce they have, but to verify the validity of deadline will need 48000 more power

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:24:45 AM

If you have 4 hd connected to one pc, is it better to run 1 miner for all 4 hd or 4 different ones, one for each drive?

Thanks!
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:38:45 AM

If you have 4 hd connected to one pc, is it better to run 1 miner for all 4 hd or 4 different ones, one for each drive?

Thanks!

Really doesn't matter tbh
mafostedu

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:49:55 AM

Hello
There have been changes on the SG Uray pool?
My payments have never been as bad as the last 6 days, even when I had less hdd.
I win 3 times less than the number of blocks I find.
The diff has not yet increased.
I am the only one to notice a decrease in performance?

I have also noticed this for past 24-48 hours (not as long as 6 days !)
There are many accounts getting paid with large amount even though they are not constantly submitting high shares (low deadlines)
e.g.

How could they get such a large payouts with those scattered pattern of low shares in between ?
pinballdude

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:53:01 AM

just FYI, pool does not really suffer from network traffic, pool suffer on verfiying computation, every single nonce miner send, pool will need to do shabal256 hash ~48000 times, that is for single nonce from one miner, on one round on average there are 1500 nonces received for 100 miners

i believe you are talking about stratum protocol (by saying scrypt source), stratum was aimed to reduce traffic by adjusting pool-diff and to make miner can create his own job without need to ask pool regularly, its completely different to burst, while on PoW the more nonce you send the more reward you get, and also PoW algorithm was made to be hard to calculate and very easy to check for its validity

on burst does not like that, on burst you just need very small network traffic no matter how large your plot is, and burst mining does not really use cpu power, miner just need to do 1 shabal256 hash per nonce they have, but to verify the validity of deadline will need 48000 more power

Okay, so we really need the miner to only have to send the very best nonce deadline the miner has, no matter the plot size, and then, somehow (perhaps over a number of blocks) try to infer a reasonable estimate as to the total plot size of that miner, in order to reward fairly.  the estimate only have one deadline per block per miner to work with, but over a number of blocks that might be enough to do some kind of estimate. Best thing would probably be a rolling window or something that weights most current data more than not so current data, as people can take plots online and offline.

With the correct estimate function, splitting up a plot into many plots and using many addresses will not help the miner (which is what we want)  The function would correctly estimate the many small plot sizes and their total reward would be the same as if it was a large plot.

It isn't really important to guess the size correctly, as long as all the guesses are the correct fraction of the sum of all the guesses.

DazzlinDave™

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:53:33 AM

Could I have a DEV get ahold of me please? Im having weird wallet issues.
PM or email is fine
Thank you !
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:57:25 AM

what pool is BURST-ML5C-2JEA-KVLW-D5T7A ?
uray

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:15:41 AM

Hello
There have been changes on the SG Uray pool?
My payments have never been as bad as the last 6 days, even when I had less hdd.
I win 3 times less than the number of blocks I find.
The diff has not yet increased.
I am the only one to notice a decrease in performance?

I have also noticed this for past 24-48 hours (not as long as 6 days !)
There are many accounts getting paid with large amount even though they are not constantly submitting high shares (low deadlines)
e.g.

How could they get such a large payouts with those scattered pattern of low shares in between ?

sometime anomaly like this could happen on fast block, while the large miners are still reading their plot, small miner already submitted their good deadline, and then new block come, large miners too late to submit their nonce

or it could be their past failed payout are accumulated into balance, and when pool has funds, its going up to the queue for payout

but i don't know... I admit it could be bug too... i will check for it
bgminersz

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:19:21 AM

When I try to execute run_dump_address.bat I receive this error:

A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again

Any help will be appreciated.
uray

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:19:54 AM

Okay, so we really need the miner to only have to send the very best nonce deadline the miner has, no matter the plot size, and then, somehow (perhaps over a number of blocks) try to infer a reasonable estimate as to the total plot size of that miner, in order to reward fairly.  the estimate only have one deadline per block per miner to work with, but over a number of blocks that might be enough to do some kind of estimate. Best thing would probably be a rolling window or something that weights most current data more than not so current data, as people can take plots online and offline.

With the correct estimate function, splitting up a plot into many plots and using many addresses will not help the miner (which is what we want)  The function would correctly estimate the many small plot sizes and their total reward would be the same as if it was a large plot.

It isn't really important to guess the size correctly, as long as all the guesses are the correct fraction of the sum of all the guesses.

that is what currently implemented, averaging on sliding window, but big miners complain that when they found a block they still get regular payout, so i create SG pool that reward them most, by rewarding more on recent score, and smaller sliding window, just more like solo mining

but yeah I admit the most fair calculation statistically would be like dev-pool, summed up all submitted nonce that within deadline limit
mczarnek

Activity: 527

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:46:56 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 02:24:14 AM by mczarnek

Sooooo... I just looked at the first post and all, so sorry if I missed it...
But wouldn't someone with a spare data server layin around with 10+ TB of space have a huge advantage? Or other large data-storage entities, like Google for example?

This is an interesting idea for a coin, but it seems easy for someone with huge storage to manipulate this. Who needs an ASIC when you can buy several ginormous HDDs? LOL

Couple things though, you can resell HDDs if this coin falls apart, which is a big positive in my mind and more likely to lead to people mining.  Also, related to this 'ASIC resistant' more means that you don't gain any extra advantage by mining using special hardware per unit hardware.  You could also go and buy hundreds of computers or GPUs in Proof of Work systems.

And it's true that large companies would benefit if they decided to mine.  But by the time Burst is big enough for them to care about it, it'll be hard for them to get a large enough percentage to attack... because other companies would also want a large chunk.  Not to mention all the mining pools.

I still don't understand how the deadline is calculated.. the infographic in the first post seems to indicate how plots are made.  I only vaguely understand how they are later utilized though to do the mining.

In this context, the details of the mining calculation themselves aren't that important, it's just that it takes substantial time to look up and process that many plots.  Knowing that you almost certainly have the best deadline means that you can get a jump start on that process.

Thanks for the thoughts about where to go next.  I may take a crack at writing an explanation about ASIC resistance at some point.

Is it possible to know whether or not someone had the right to mine within the last X blocks but passed up his turn?  Given that your public key is required to make plots, seems to me like it may be possible.. may or may not require a slight re-write.

I'm curious because the way that Nxt's 90% protection works is that every time a forger submits a block to the network stating that they have the right to forge, all the other forgers look backward through their blockchain through the past 1440 blocks and check to see if this forger had a chance to forge but skipped taking it.  If so, then the forger must wait another 1440 blocks before being allowed to submit a block.  This means that you can't hold back forging and try to manipulate the order that your various accounts working together to attack the network forge in in order to get the overall chain with highest difficulty.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:31:15 AM

I hate to openly ask but this seems to be fastest solution.

Could any spare a few burst please? I'm trying to link address with pool failed due to no transaction history,
I used faucet but somehow it went to an address I can't access. Purchased on poloniex but waiting on the withdrawal to complete.

BURST-N8KB-DKKW-9C4W-AF289

Thank you

Irontiga

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:38:59 AM

Could any spare a few burst please? I'm trying to link address with pool failed due to no transaction history,
I used faucet but somehow it went to an address I can't access. Purchased on poloniex but waiting on the withdrawal to complete.

Thank you

faucet.burstcoin.info

did u look in the op?
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:02:42 AM

Thank you

Seems like the faucet worked?
http://burstcoin.eu/address/9482343705890921001

riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:31:49 AM

Thank you

It did thanks.

Next problem I get is "no valid plot file or directory" with burst miner r4 w64
but the mining.conf config locations is right and the plot is in the correct place, I've tried creating smaller plot
at the drive root for testing but same error occurs.

I made the plots with Janror's cpu plotter(sse4/avx2)
Any Ideas?

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:43:38 AM

Thank you

It did thanks.

but the mining.conf config locations is right and the plot is in the correct place, I've tried creating smaller plot

Any Ideas?

Can you share your mining.conf?

Irontiga

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:43:56 AM

Thank you

It did thanks.

Any Ideas?

Come to irc, freenode, #burst-coin
tex81

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:43:26 AM

hi
how to get this chart?
seems come from excel???
how to bind to a datasource?
no binding. Just getBlock (API), from daemon to txt-file. Then Excel.

Russia
Craige288

Activity: 120
Merit: 73

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:21:09 AM

Hi,

I know it's probably somewhere in the 700+ pages but can any tell me an easy way to send Burst to my wallet with the public key that's required for first time deposits?  I just stupidly transferred a fair amount from Poloniex and lost it!  I've looked around but can't seem to find any exchanges that allow you to include the public key for first transfers.

Also, just plotting 6TB at the moment with plenty of room for expansion.  What is the minimum TB suggested at present to give a good chance of finding blocks?

Come join us at http://burst.ga ! Smiley

I've setup for your site and I think it's working but where your instructions say wait for 4 blocks to confirm I have a webpage up http://localhost:8125/burst with a long line of text and that's it.  Will more lines appear with each block or have I done something wrong?

That's correct, it means your submission went through, now just wait for the four confirms and you're good to go! Send me your burst address and I will give you the 1500 burst I was giving to newcomers a while back Smiley

Thanks! BURST-JKNG-PNZA-SSTY-46H3B . It seems to be working the same signature as shown on your site so I guess all good.

Any way of checking my setup now it's been connected for some time?  Seems every time it submits shares I get an error submitting nonce or the standard error reading file which I would expect as I'm still plotting.  Are there any shares that have been submitted at all yet?  I can't see my address on burst.ga
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:26:58 AM

Hi,

I know it's probably somewhere in the 700+ pages but can any tell me an easy way to send Burst to my wallet with the public key that's required for first time deposits?  I just stupidly transferred a fair amount from Poloniex and lost it!  I've looked around but can't seem to find any exchanges that allow you to include the public key for first transfers.

Also, just plotting 6TB at the moment with plenty of room for expansion.  What is the minimum TB suggested at present to give a good chance of finding blocks?

Come join us at http://burst.ga ! Smiley

I've setup for your site and I think it's working but where your instructions say wait for 4 blocks to confirm I have a webpage up http://localhost:8125/burst with a long line of text and that's it.  Will more lines appear with each block or have I done something wrong?

That's correct, it means your submission went through, now just wait for the four confirms and you're good to go! Send me your burst address and I will give you the 1500 burst I was giving to newcomers a while back Smiley

Thanks! BURST-JKNG-PNZA-SSTY-46H3B . It seems to be working the same signature as shown on your site so I guess all good.

Any way of checking my setup now it's been connected for some time?  Seems every time it submits shares I get an error submitting nonce or the standard error reading file which I would expect as I'm still plotting.  Are there any shares that have been submitted at all yet?  I can't see my address on burst.ga
Assuming you're trying to mine with that same address( BURST-JKNG-PNZA-SSTY-46H3B ) your reward recipient is not set. That's why you're getting the submitting nonce errors. The reward assignment will show up in your wallet as a transaction for 0 burst with a 1 burst fee after it has been set.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
Pages: « 1 ... 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 [737] 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: