Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2017, 12:49:05 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 812 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 1430260 times)
joelao95
Legendary

Activity: 924

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:47:07 AM

joe, any news from cudaminer and official release day?

Unfortunately cudaminer is not working yet; I've spent a few days on this, my mac didn't work out well initially so I used an Amazon EC2 spot instance and spent sometime too on the driver, cuda stuff. After some tests on cudaminer with complainings, I turned to ccminer. My initial thinking is that all about the block header but I was wrong; actually the block header does lead to a very different implementation of M7 using cuda. This basically means a different cuda version of M7 to be done for XMG, although we are using the same M7 as XCN, that'll be like recalculation of all the stuffs. This looks like unlikely for me to accomplish within a short time. Somehow it has been nearly two weeks since 1st testnet, and my focus was totally on the miners instead of the PoS-II. I think from now on I should place my emphasis on other stuffs. In any cases, the standalone cpuminer is ready.

Realizing the actual difference of the M7 implemented in standard block chain compared to the minichain, I think it won't be necessary to keep the same form of M7 as in XCN. An interesting thing about M7 is the use of multiplication of hashes. The multiplication is done by using GMP which allows arbitrary precision, only limited by available memory of the machine. This makes me thinking of an interesting feature to add into XMG: we can repeat many times of multiplications which literally increase the memory needed; the memory relies on the repeating times. This repeat is not just to get a pointless dataset to 'eat' memory, instead these 'huge' numbers are hashed by sha256 as the final. One of the consequence is that we can make GPU miner hard to be implemented. So it will be like tending to be a CPU coin, but I don't see any unlikely of GPU miners in the future. Another consequence is it could be memory hard (that also means not energy efficient by mining with GPU, efficiency will depend on the multiplication times), so the CPU/GPU mining could have a higher efficiency ratio compared to the pure M7, though it remains to be confirmed. It will also be possible to use varying multiplication times with time/block height etc to make GPU even harder. I am open to suggestions.

Since a few days on the miners, I will need sometime back to the coin itself; it will be assured my next update will be about the official release plan.

POLONIEX TRADING SIGNALS
+50% Profit and more via TELEGRAM
ALTCOINTRADER.CO
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Jerrietg

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:52:25 AM

New POS-II maybe better than pos- I, when will launch?
joelao95
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:58:40 AM

New POS-II maybe better than pos- I, when will launch?

I am sorting out things; will announce the plan soon (apologize for many times of saying "soon").

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:03:20 AM

You are transparent with what you're doing.
Developing a unique coin is more difficult than a standard coin.
We look forward to your next post and thanks for the information

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1008

^ will code for bitcoins

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:17:08 AM

An interesting thing about M7 is the use of multiplication of hashes. The multiplication is done by using GMP which allows arbitrary precision, only limited by available memory of the machine. This makes me thinking of an interesting feature to add into XMG: we can repeat many times of multiplications which literally increase the memory needed; the memory relies on the repeating times. This repeat is not just to get a pointless dataset to 'eat' memory, instead these 'huge' numbers are hashed by sha256 as the final. One of the consequence is that we can make GPU miner hard to be implemented. So it will be like tending to be a CPU coin, but I don't see any unlikely of GPU miners in the future. Another consequence is it could be memory hard (that also means not energy efficient by mining with GPU, efficiency will depend on the multiplication times), so the CPU/GPU mining could have a higher efficiency ratio compared to the pure M7, though it remains to be confirmed. It will also be possible to use varying multiplication times with time/block height etc to make GPU even harder. I am open to suggestions.

Making the coin CPU only may have it's great advantages. Look at the PrimeCoin how successful it was for a long time, the moment GPU miner was released the coin price went to ashes. People like a fair chance to mine with what they got, and many don't have a fancy GPU cards. PrimeCoin wasn't a PoS coin like Magi, if the PoW phase of the Magi is ended before the GPU miner is produced it may drive the interest and price of the coin high, no other coin has done that.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 06:34:22 PM

Good advice! Very nice to see that the Magicoin community thinks and helps to give Magicoin a good and long future.

Ivanech

Activity: 785

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 07:42:07 PM

Making the coin CPU only may have it's great advantages.

Indeed, but I know a private GPU miner exist for M7 algo.

joelao95
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:04:20 PM

An interesting thing about M7 is the use of multiplication of hashes. The multiplication is done by using GMP which allows arbitrary precision, only limited by available memory of the machine. This makes me thinking of an interesting feature to add into XMG: we can repeat many times of multiplications which literally increase the memory needed; the memory relies on the repeating times. This repeat is not just to get a pointless dataset to 'eat' memory, instead these 'huge' numbers are hashed by sha256 as the final. One of the consequence is that we can make GPU miner hard to be implemented. So it will be like tending to be a CPU coin, but I don't see any unlikely of GPU miners in the future. Another consequence is it could be memory hard (that also means not energy efficient by mining with GPU, efficiency will depend on the multiplication times), so the CPU/GPU mining could have a higher efficiency ratio compared to the pure M7, though it remains to be confirmed. It will also be possible to use varying multiplication times with time/block height etc to make GPU even harder. I am open to suggestions.

Making the coin CPU only may have it's great advantages. Look at the PrimeCoin how successful it was for a long time, the moment GPU miner was released the coin price went to ashes. People like a fair chance to mine with what they got, and many don't have a fancy GPU cards. PrimeCoin wasn't a PoS coin like Magi, if the PoW phase of the Magi is ended before the GPU miner is produced it may drive the interest and price of the coin high, no other coin has done that.

Thanks for inputs itod. Now I see another advantage with the CPU coin. Magi will have most of coins to be mined firstly (depending on the diff to ensure fair distribution), and then long-term mining period with much less reward (GPU won't matter much if out in this period). I think we can go this direction.

joelao95
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:06:30 PM

Is that AMD miner?

joelao95
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

A quick update: the estimate launch date will be around September 11, I will give detail information on Sunday.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:20:26 PM

Yes !!! Good news dev !!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
I can hardly wait.

enerbyte

Activity: 550

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:01:48 PM

Is that AMD miner?

Claymore is working in AMD GPU miner for M7

I had to stop development for two days Sad I will try to release the miner this weekend, though I already see several optimizations that would take more time.

XCN: CLz5fzonHjTnTaH3tRYm8bg2c4L627bXYp
BBR: @enerbyte
Ivanech

Activity: 785

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 06:53:53 AM

A quick update: the estimate launch date will be around September 11, I will give detail information on Sunday.

Good news.

Will be sources available at this date to be able to maintain public mining pool?

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:13:24 AM

I think so! Wink

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:51:42 PM

New translation: Swedish (by blacksails) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771526.0

joelao95
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 03:17:53 PM

Good news.

Will be sources available at this date to be able to maintain public mining pool?

Yes, the source code will be available at the launch.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:28:23 PM

New: Turkish translation (by Professor James Moriarty) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771373.0
We have Magicoin thread now in many different languages​​.
In this way, more readers from Bitcointalk can read the Magicoin thread in their own language.
We do our best to achieve even more translations.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:34:21 PM

Follow Magicoin (XMG) on Twitter.
Coin of the Magi
@CoinMagi

baby222

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:37:33 PM

Follow Magicoin (XMG) on Twitter.
Coin of the Magi
@CoinMagi

在twitter上关注Magicoin (XMG)
Coin of the Magi
@CoinMagi

▄███▄                 ▄███▄
        ▄███████▄             ▄███████▄
      ▄███████████▄         ▄███████████▄
    ▄█████▀   ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀   ▀█████▄
  ▄█████▀       ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀       ▀█████▄
▄█████▀           ▀█████████▀           ▀█████▄
█████▌              ███████              ██████
▀██████▄          ▄█████████▄          ▄██████▀
  ▀██████▄      ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄      ▄██████▀
    ▀██████▄  ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄  ▄██████▀
      ▀███████████▀         ▀███████████▀
        ▀███████▀             ▀███████▀
          ▀███▀                 ▀███▀
TenX.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
baby222

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 07:41:31 PM

New: Turkish translation (by Professor James Moriarty) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771373.0
We have Magicoin thread now in many different languages​​.
In this way, more readers from Bitcointalk can read the Magicoin thread in their own language.
We do our best to achieve even more translations.

消息: 土耳其翻译 (翻译自 Professor James Moriarty) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771373.0
现在我们已经有了多种语言的Magicoin线程.
通过这种方式,更多的人能够通过自己的母语来了解我们的硬币.
我们会尽可能的实现更多语种的翻译.

▄███▄                 ▄███▄
        ▄███████▄             ▄███████▄
      ▄███████████▄         ▄███████████▄
    ▄█████▀   ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀   ▀█████▄
  ▄█████▀       ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀       ▀█████▄
▄█████▀           ▀█████████▀           ▀█████▄
█████▌              ███████              ██████
▀██████▄          ▄█████████▄          ▄██████▀
  ▀██████▄      ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄      ▄██████▀
    ▀██████▄  ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄  ▄██████▀
      ▀███████████▀         ▀███████████▀
        ▀███████▀             ▀███████▀
          ▀███▀                 ▀███▀
TenX.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 812 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.