Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375256 times)
Yza_azY

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

★★★ http://www.btc4buy.com

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 11:18:50 PM

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

ETHLend1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:25:46 PM

Making the coin CPU only may have it's great advantages.

Indeed, but I know a private GPU miner exist for M7 algo.

Is that AMD miner?

Claymore is working in AMD GPU miner for M7

I had to stop development for two days Sad I will try to release the miner this weekend, though I already see several optimizations that would take more time.
I am hope XCN AMD miner not working with XMG. It`s can rape this coin in start.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:31:46 PM

Thanks for your work. I'll keep you posted once XMG is launched.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:37:14 PM

Is that AMD miner?

I had to stop development for two days Sad I will try to release the miner this weekend, though I already see several optimizations that would take more time.

I might have some good news on this, XMG will be most likely a CPU only coin. The bottom line is that I can modify the M7 algo to make implementing Nvidia miner very difficult, not to mention the AMD miner. We might be able to make it even better.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 11:59:11 PM

Is that AMD miner?

I might have some good news on this, XMG will be most likely a CPU only coin. The bottom line is that I can modify the M7 algo to make implementing Nvidia miner very difficult, not to mention the AMD miner. We might be able to make it even better.

With open source code anyone can verify himself that this will be true. With no private GPU miner XMG can attract very large mining base, greater the adoption greater the value of the coin. Way to go developers!
istvandv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:07:53 AM

my only concern with CPU only coin is botnets

anyway, can anyone share where it is most profitable to rent for CPU only mining? would it be AWS?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:15:44 AM

With open source code anyone can verify himself that this will be true. With no private GPU miner XMG can attract very large mining base, greater the adoption greater the value of the coin. Way to go developers!

Yea, we're now stepping toward this direction. Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:28:25 AM

Is that AMD miner?

CPU only sounds good.  Smiley
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:48:59 AM

New translation: French (by torpedo) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=771859.0

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
alanswami

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:18:30 AM

I did The Indian (Hindi) Translation.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=772324

Thanks
sleepdog

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 09:51:02 AM

Really pleased to hear about the CPU only mining.  Smiley
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:49:36 PM

Thanks
Thanks for the Hindi vertaling.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:15:02 PM

my only concern with CPU only coin is botnets

anyway, can anyone share where it is most profitable to rent for CPU only mining? would it be AWS?

Botnet is an issue unlikely to avoid or probably unlikely to occur (based on my bare knowledge on this matter); advantage will be we may expect unlikely "significant" and "constant" dumping from GPU miners.

I remember network hashrate was very high for XCN when in CPU phase; people were referring to AWS as the cause. So looks like AWS is the place for CPU mining; the least is to get a try out, totally free. Correct me if I'm wrong. Some people are keen to VPS mining sometimes ago (digitalocean offers $5/mo; OK looks like I am advertising it, put me as referral we can share $10 or $25 something credit  Grin), not sure that really makes sense (considering the credit that makes sense  Undecided). 

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
TrippyPippy

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Count me in for CPU mining.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

[09-07] About CPU PoW algorithm

This update is supposed to be about the details of official launch; and I am actually supposed to issue more details about the algo once I hear from catia. This exceptional is due to my past efforts wasted on the GPU miners which actually turned out to be not a simple "waste", as we are turning into CPU algo and looks like many people like this change.

I've sent PM to djm and catia to seek helps on cudaminer. Further discussion with catia carried on when I asked about the difficulty of implementing Nvidia miner in a situation with multiple multiplications of M7 hash functions. Since catia is an expert on GPU stuffs, he knows the hardness of getting GPU miner on a particular algo. His immediate reaction was multiple multiplications increase the difficulty, and even implementing division will be very bad on GPU. Beyond that he seems interested to such a PoW algo; with improvement on manipulating mathematical functions, GPU miner could be even harder. While this conversation is in progress, there is supposed to be the due of news today so I am here to update what's going on. I also hope this appears to be a public invitation to catia and hope we can work out this matter.

I can foresee this idea would be very interesting. Many past efforts clarify people are fond of CPU mining, an initial goal of LTC. Scrypt is memory hard and Scrypt-N is an enhanced version, but the coming of ASIC for LTC seems put forward a need of much more enhanced memory-hard algo in order to prevent ASIC; aka, "the main reason why memory hardness is important is to make the proof of work function resistant to specialized hardware". Primecoin is one of earlier tries through finding Cunningham chains of prime numbers which turns out to be "memory hard" too. The demand in memory has a common feature as a consequence of the hardness of solving the problem. BitShares PTS is based on a birthday problem in search for matching pairs of birthdays. A recent approach proposed by tromp utilizes the cuckoo cycle to solve the proof of work problem. While seeing the coming GPU miners for the prior two mentioned coins, it's quite probable of GPU for cuckoo-cycle algo once implemented. To a certain extent, the statement regarding the relationship between memory and ASIC is right, while this is incorrect if we deem GPU as ASIC too. The cryptomining has been evolved such that GPU is more like a kind of ASIC, noticing the GPU farm & cloud mining are all around. GPU mining dumps is more a serious issue for altcoins, compared to ASIC for BTC mining.  

The fact lying in the difference between GPU and CPU should be pretty much utilized. One may notice the apparent incapability of GPU in some aspects compared to CPU after all it is not a "CPU". In my opinion, what we can get on CPU which is not possible for a GPU would be a possible solution to achieve a real CPU coin. Memory hardness puts forward to hardware requirement for ASIC; addressing the basic difference would be fatal to GPU implementation. Notice such a proposal remains to be confirmed; a secondary option is the combination of both.

I'm personally very keen to catia's idea. I will be second to the modification of the M7 algo to make it GPU resistant. Along with the Magi's coin distribution plan, we can see the potential of accomplishing most of minings through CPU. Magi may not be a fully CPU solution, but here going forward, we believe this is a beginning, based on the efforts undertaking.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:32:19 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:48:10 PM by itod

About CPU PoW algorithm

This update is supposed to be about the details of official launch; and I am actually supposed to issue more details about the algo once I hear from catia. This exceptional is due to my past efforts wasted on the GPU miners which actually turned out to be not a simple "waste", as we are turning into CPU algo and looks like many people like this change.

I've sent PM to djm and catia to seek helps on cudaminer. Further discussion with catia carried on when I asked about the difficulty of implementing Nvidia miner in a situation with multiple multiplications of M7 hash functions. Since catia is an expert on GPU stuffs, he knows the hardness of getting GPU miner on a particular algo. His immediate reaction was multiple multiplications increase the difficulty, and even implementing division will be very bad on GPU. Beyond that he seems interested to such a PoW algo; with improvement on manipulating mathematical functions, GPU miner could be even harder. While this conversation is in progress, there is supposed to be the due of news today so I am here to update what's going on. I also hope this appears to be a public invitation to catia and hope we can work out this matter.

I can foresee this idea would be very interesting. Many past efforts clarify people are fond of CPU mining, an initial goal of LTC. Scrypt is memory hard and Scrypt-N is an enhanced version, but the coming of ASIC for LTC seems put forward a need of much more enhanced memory-hard algo in order to prevent ASIC; aka, "the main reason why memory hardness is important is to make the proof of work function resistant to specialized hardware". Primecoin is one of earlier tries through finding Cunningham chains of prime numbers which turns out to be "memory hard" too. The demand in memory has a common feature as a consequence of the hardness of solving the problem. BitShares PTS is based on a birthday problem in search for matching pairs of birthdays. A recent approach proposed by tromp utilizes the cuckoo cycle to solve the proof of work problem. While seeing the coming GPU miners for the prior two mentioned coins, it's quite probable of GPU for cuckoo-cycle algo once implemented. To a certain extent, the statement regarding the relationship between memory and ASIC is right, while this is incorrect if we deem GPU as ASIC too. The cryptomining has been evolved such that GPU is more like a kind of ASIC, noticing the GPU farm & cloud mining are all around. GPU mining dumps is more a serious issue for altcoins, compared to ASIC for BTC mining.  

The fact lying in the difference between GPU and CPU should be pretty much utilized. One may notice the apparent incapability of GPU in some aspects compared to CPU after all it is not a "CPU". In my opinion, what we can get on CPU which is not possible for a GPU would be a possible solution to achieve a real CPU coin. Memory hardness puts forward to hardware requirement for ASIC; addressing the basic difference would be fatal to GPU implementation. Notice such a proposal remains to be confirmed; a secondary option is the combination of both.

I'm personally very keen to catia's idea. I will be second to the modification of the M7 algo to make it GPU resistant. Along with the Magi's coin distribution plan, we can see the potential of accomplishing most of minings through CPU. Magi may not be a fully CPU solution, but here going forward, we believe this is a beginning, based on the efforts undertaking.

It's great that you have more hands behind the idea, especially those such capable as catia. Good thing is that GPU resistance would not to stand too long, as soon as Magi switches to PoS it will be much easier.

Coin for the CPU-only masses implicating fair distribution - this will spur some interest.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

Very interesting.

SamWalters

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:26:40 AM

How can we help?

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:48:35 AM

It's great that you have more hands behind the idea, especially those such capable as catia. Good thing is that GPU resistance would not to stand too long, as soon as Magi switches to PoS it will be much easier.

Coin for the CPU-only masses implicating fair distribution - this will spur some interest.

Truly this will be advantageous to us.  Smiley

How can we help?

Thanks, I will issue some detail information; check out and comment by that time; in particular, mining XMG once launched.  Cheesy

The scheduled official launch will be on September 12, Friday, 8:00 PM EST (let me know if you want to move it to the weekend); will update op. The launch time is assured unless there is unexpected delay only because of possbile change in the PoW algo (I haven't heard from catia yet).

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:20:44 AM

Thanks

We have a new translation: Russian (by fsb4000) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=774235.new#new

Magicoin XMG now reached most of the world in their own language.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: