Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 [911] 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375322 times)
My9bot

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:22:18 AM

no if  the node drop your connection try to restart your wallet
did this many times already.
maybe if the main node drop you connection an after that yoou gen a pow/pos block than you are on a fork an have to clean you wallet dir and start again from joes bootstrap file

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
My9bot

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:25:14 AM

@joe
pls add a api to your main node  at  104.128.225.215  to get the bestBlockHash than i can code a forkMonitor,

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
ryan7269

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:34:32 AM

will closing certain pools help the situation any...
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 11:35:04 AM

no if  the node drop your connection try to restart your wallet
did this many times already.
maybe if the main node drop you connection an after that yoou gen a pow/pos block than you are on a fork an have to clean you wallet dir and start again from joes bootstrap file
did many times, using new empty wallet, joes boottrap file, after backup original wallet.
deleted blocks, database, deleted log files, peers.dat, etc.
I know the steps, did it 100 times in the last period.

trying connection 104.128.225.215 lastseen=0.0hrs
connected 104.128.225.215
send version message: version 71061, blocks=1451225, us=0.0.0.0:0, them=104.128.225.215:8233, peer=104.128.225.215:8233
socket closed
disconnecting node 104.128.225.215
pmsk

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:46:16 AM

Unless they use a very sophisticated setup, all those accounts would have the same IP though. That's pretty easy to detect.

Do you really think it's a solution? It's not question for you, but question for all. There is no problem to create 10-20-100 accounts, configure mining sw and in the end to get a perfect picture: 100 users with 40kh/s instean one with 4000kh/s.
300 KH/s, IP ban, 1 block per <>, what's next? Mining by passport/ID card? Mandatory daily photo reports of mining equipment? Hitler cries bloody tears.
akuci

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

Unless they use a very sophisticated setup, all those accounts would have the same IP though. That's pretty easy to detect.

Do you really think it's a solution? It's not question for you, but question for all. There is no problem to create 10-20-100 accounts, configure mining sw and in the end to get a perfect picture: 100 users with 40kh/s instean one with 4000kh/s.
300 KH/s, IP ban, 1 block per <>, what's next? Mining by passport/ID card? Mandatory daily photo reports of mining equipment? Hitler cries bloody tears.
Next is people getting that if you mine with 2000KH, or 20000KH, you're killing block rewards for everyone, including you.
Until then, it must be a way to fight idiots, or I don't know how to define people who can't understand how this coins PoW works.
There is another pools to mine with huge hashpowers, just don't go insane please. That's all.

Everyone here supports this approach, just a few buthurt people with free electricity and huge resources thinks they will make a milion in few hours and killin' the block rewards for everyone, and for them too.
gunka

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

SZPvNamiw63JLkfjeCeV8WsZnhdpW147SL

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:55:55 AM

My computers produce a different hashrate, depending on the employment.
It turns out the spread from 200 to ~ 330
work.1 - 14.56
work.2 - 139.81
work.3 - 93.21
work.4 - 64.08
work.5 - 17.48

Total: 329.14
Hence, according to your rules, I periodically I jump over the permissible limit, what should I do? If most of me have less than 300 My Hashrate.

SONO PROJECT  ▄▀▀▄█▀▀█░░█▀▀█ DRIVEN CURRENCY          
FACEBOOK  TWITTER  DISCORD  TELEGRAMM    ▀▄░░░░██░░  WHITEPAPER  BLOG  ANN  BOUNTY  GITHUB
                             ▀▄▄▀█▄▄█▀██▄▄█                            
orcanice

Activity: 194

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:23:58 PM

Remember the higher nethash we get the lower will the block rewards be... So the ones  that uses alot of pcs / Botnets / supercomputers and so on will actually earn next to nothing in the end, because of way too low BR...

thats why im fine with some of the pools have a requirment that says.. eg max 250-300khs ...
maybe devs should make an official pool to collect people and set a max of eg 300khs. ofcause we can't prevent that other pools / solo miners will show up, but it can atleast do so everyone gets a piece of the cake.

as it is right now with the ones mining at 3-6 MH/s will only make the BR go down so others + themselves would make less.

malafaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:37:39 PM

are pools paying out? coins are not reaching my wallet since yesterday.

even though the pools report shows credit but nothing reached my wallet!

Yes they are. I just got my XMGs in my wallet.
But, just as I am typing this, I can't see my few other XMGs, XMG.MinerClaim says Unconfirmed 0 : Confirmed : 0!!! Damn!

Same here. And this is definitely not cool.
My coins (5 or 6 XMG...) were mined there hours before the fork. I was just waiting for things to stabilize again before I withdraw, and now I'm left with 0.
Minerclaim not cool. Moving away.
minerclaim.net

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 01:09:15 PM

Hello,

as many of you have already seen, a few pools were running of out sync the last night again. We were also affected. That means, there were blocks which wasn't valid / on the right chain. It was affected a period of around 6 hours. We have updated our blockchain again and changed our banscore to a higher value again to get the chain more stable.

However, we know that some of you lost a huge anmount of coins. We are really sorry about that. But you should know, this isn't a pool related problem, rather a general problem we all have since the last two weeks.

In some cases its not easy to identify which pool is on the "right chain". I also would like to apologize for the fact that we also need sleep and can not always be reachable, but we try to be.

As some you may saw, we decided to payout a part of the "wrong block" from our own funds. We talk about an anmount of ~300 XMG. We decided this due the fact that we have noticed the out of sync problem a little bit late Sad

Will answer soon again regarding the high hashrate users.
oxothuk

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:13:48 PM

Next is people getting that if you mine with 2000KH, or 20000KH, you're killing block rewards for everyone, including you.
Until then, it must be a way to fight idiots, or I don't know how to define people who can't understand how this coins PoW works.
There is another pools to mine with huge hashpowers, just don't go insane please. That's all.
Everyone here supports this approach, just a few buthurt people with free electricity and huge resources thinks they will make a milion in few hours and killin' the block rewards for everyone, and for them too.
Completely understand how this coin works, read all docs before.  
Now see what happen,  I (or other with huge resources)  start mining at full speed,   reward will go to zero... after some time, most of solominers drop they connections, because it is useless to mine.
And in this time, I can stop mining and get block reward higer, then imidiatelly start at optimium HR, to get most of coins.   It is poossible to calculate optimal rate, because algo and settings open for everyone.
And you guys need not to fight with me or someone else but think how to reorganize algorithms.  And be ready for huge power, otherwise coin will cost nothing.

vervetech

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:16:23 PM

For those still missing coins i have noticed quite often over the last few weeks even with the latest wallet it wont sync (did it a few hours ago)

I just download the official blockchain from here http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/

Overwrite my existing in %appdata%\magi and relaunch wallet and it downloads a few hundred blocks and stays synced for at least a day or so again (and actually processes my tfr's to bittrex)

Kind of annoying having to re download a 1.3gb blockchain zip but it only takes 2 mins so its not the end of the world and i figure the backend will settle down soon as the devs get things back on track
bfons

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:16:39 PM

Hello,

as many of you have already seen, a few pools were running of out sync the last night again. We were also affected. That means, there were blocks which wasn't valid / on the right chain. It was affected a period of around 6 hours. We have updated our blockchain again and changed our banscore to a higher value again to get the chain more stable.

However, we know that some of you lost a huge anmount of coins. We are really sorry about that. But you should know, this isn't a pool related problem, rather a general problem we all have since the last two weeks.

In some cases its not easy to identify which pool is on the "right chain". I also would like to apologize for the fact that we also need sleep and can not always be reachable, but we try to be.

As some you may saw, we decided to payout a part of the "wrong block" from our own funds. We talk about an anmount of ~300 XMG. We decided this due the fact that we have noticed the out of sync problem a little bit late Sad

Thank you.

Have you notified or taken action against the users who are running > 300k?
malafaya

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:32:13 PM

Hello,

Hi. I can understand that fact when it relates to forking.
But I had coins mined way before the fork happened and they were just sitting there waiting for full confirmation (520 blocks). What about those? Those blocks are still valid in the current chain. Can you identify those and pay them to miners? Not paying them is not acceptable IMO.
I had stopped mining long before the fork happened. All my coins were and still are valid. Not paying valid coins is a pool problem.
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 01:57:58 PM

Guys,

i don't know where you all newbies come from, but mining this coin was only
profitable in the early days, three years ago, like all coins were.

Nowadays there are no coins to mine profitable.

Even if you put in 20Mh/s it is leaving you with crumbs.

People are mining and staking XMG for three years now, only for the sake of the coin,
not for their own sake.

Since two, maybe three weeks, you newbies all came around and you only
speak about mining and the lack of profit.

Who told you mining XMG would be profitable, where did you all read of hear this?

The only way to make profit these days, with coins, is by trading on exchanges.
But you can also lose all your money by trading.
the_drugs

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:10:43 PM

Guys,

People are mining and staking XMG for three years now, only for the sake of the coin,
not for their own sake.

Who told you mining XMG would be profitable, where did you all read of hear this?

I'm with Frisian on this one. I almost feel like this influx of miners complaining is directly related to the high hashrate miners and potential botnet operators. I got into magi almost a year ago because I thought it might be nice to have a CPU coin to mine with my GPU mining, and after looking at the project goals and reading up on the coin fell in love with the community. As far as coins or projects go this one has a unique algorithm, with the unique twist of actually trying to prevent an arms race in terms of hashrate, as well as good rewards for POS while still remaining a CPU only coin. Sure, there are things that need work, as we've obviously seen in the last 2 weeks and even before hand with the lack of effective marketing, but the project has great development and an excellent vision.
Stop treating this like the CPU Ethereum, that isn't was magi is, and it will never be a huge mining currency. Unlike other pump/dump mining coins you actually have to read a little, know a little, and care a lot to get anything out of magi, and I'm 100% OK with that.
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:13:51 PM

Minerclaim already erased the database once. Pom was my favorite pool but since they also did the same thing now i will also avoid using POM. This is just sloppy and lazy instead of finding where it forked and deleting those database they opted to delete the whole database and keep the coins. Basically at the expense of the miners. I wont bother asking them back for what i lost i will just share my mind and leave them behind. I suggest the same for the rest of the community. That said the 500 blocks confirmation is making miners suffer all the consequences of bad pools. They just run off with the coins by deleting the database. I had a payout rate in POM for 1 coins so i can get them right away to safe guard against intentional database deletion but since confirmation blocks are too long it was basically almost useless.

I still profit from mining this coin if i only stick to my efficient devices. But if you use your old devices thats mining at a loss. If possible please reduce the number of blocks to confirm the coins so we can actually safe guard for bad pool management decision by sending our coins frequently
pmsk

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:18:59 PM

Hello,

But I had coins mined way before the fork happened and they were just sitting there waiting for full confirmation (520 blocks). What about those? Those blocks are still valid in the current chain. Can you identify those and pay them to miners? Not paying them is not acceptable IMO.
I had stopped mining long before the fork happened. All my coins were and still are valid. Not paying valid coins is a pool problem.
Looks like pool server and payment wallet are different @minerclaim. For example, some hours ago (when minerclaim was on a wrong chain) I cash out some mined before fork coins without any problems. The problem (I think) is that minerclaim payout the real coins for a forked coins, which were zero'ed. And now simply have no money for another payments. I don't really think @minerclaim fool you, just give them time to accumulate coins for pay.
jcreyesb

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:25:01 PM

Guys,

not for their own sake.

for me, is no bad 4$ daily with xmg..i am newbie. but i understand the dynamic..i want only continue mining xmg and obtain few profit i think that the mining, is for long time
malafaya

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:25:11 PM

Hello,

Looks like pool server and payment wallet are different @minerclaim. For example, some hours ago (when minerclaim was on a wrong chain) I cash out some mined before fork coins without any problems. The problem (I think) is that minerclaim payout the real coins for a forked coins, which were zero'ed. And now simply have no money for another payments. I don't really think @minerclaim fool you, just give them time to accumulate coins for pay.

I don't know if they fooled me. Above was their answer, and it did not mention paying correctly mined coins before the fork. They prefer to pay forked coins apparently.
I also did not get a reply from them in my case. Fortunately, it was just 5-6 XMG. So I don't lose much while assessing the pool's idoneity.
Pages: « 1 ... 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 [911] 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: