Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375321 times)
drgauravxmg

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:12:19 PM

[snip]
What's that? What to do about no payout address provided?

You don't have to do anything. The wallet will provide an unused address when you mine a block.

Thank You for the response.
But, sorry to question you again, how is that going to be credited in my m-wallet? Where and how can I check the progress? Like, we have a DASHBOARD in Mining Pools.

If your miner solves a block, it will show up in your wallet under a new address.  Until then, you won't actually know if it's working.
Pools have a dashboard to show progress of what is found, your wallet is your 'dashboard,' it will show the results IF and WHEN a block is found.  Unfortunately that's as good as it gets in solo mining as far as I know.

And realize, if you are solo mining with a single pc right now at the current network hashrate and difficulty, you will be lucky if you solve a block in a day, but the higher solo reward makes it worth it - IF you are lucky.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I see.

Let us see if my CPU can score any. Or, say, am I lucky enough.

Windozxpert

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:36:10 PM

Just tuned the apache server for better response for the website  http://104.207.149.217 . I will monitor it to see if it needs another tuning. Also add a link for the [xmgpool detail transaction] in the homepage for easy track with chainz.cryptoid.info. Automatically payout is made every half an hour.  

Thanks for this, I would move to your pool, but there's someone with over 1000kh/s mining there. I also noticed that no one is donating. I would be happy to move my minors over and to also donate, if it were worth it.

There's no I in team, but there is a "Me" if you jumble it up. ~ House, M.D.
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:38:39 PM

Apart from all the Forking and Syncing game happening back to back, again and again, please consider posting an Absolute N00b guide for Solo Mining. From Step 0 till the end.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Yes good tip. We had some guides but the are not up to date at this moment. Magi will post a new one when all things are running fine again.

Joe posted one yesterday actually:  http://m-core.org/solo-mine-magi/

Thanks for the link.
I tried it. Exactly as mentioned.

The magi.conf file located in my /AppData/Roaming/Magi/magi.conf was edited with the mentioned codes, i.e.

daemon=1
server=1
rpcport=8232
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=randome_username
rpcpassword=randome_rpcpassword

And, I ran the miner with that exact code as mentioned on that link, i.e.:
minerd.exe --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user rpcuser --pass rpcpass -t thread_numbers  -e cpu_efficiency

(rpcuser and rpcpass were random set of characters as mentioned)

As it starts, it says:
NO PAYOUT ADDRESS PROVIDED, SWITCHING TO GETWORK.

Though, it continues the process of hashing indefinitely without saying any BOO or YAY, which, I believe is obvious because now it isn't being shared.

Your doing it right it wont say anything until you get a block right. No yay or boo. that solo mining. If it says getwork its already connected and working and going to payout on your wallet since you did no provide a specific address.
Myth888

Activity: 343
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 06:53:46 PM

i once sent a message to POM about being off the chain. This was before all the forks were a regular occurrence. I never got a reply from them so i always thought they didnt really respond to mails. After learning that the database were wiped clean i thought i would never get the coin i mined so i just gave up and posted here that i will not mine from them again. But after hearing people contacted them and they made it right i decided to try and to my surprise they responded so quickly and made it easy.

POM was my favorite pool and probably would be my favorite until the end. I apologize for not contacting you 1st before i said anything. I really thought you dont respond to mails.
drgauravxmg

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:00:11 PM

Apart from all the Forking and Syncing game happening back to back, again and again, please consider posting an Absolute N00b guide for Solo Mining. From Step 0 till the end.

Would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Yes good tip. We had some guides but the are not up to date at this moment. Magi will post a new one when all things are running fine again.

Joe posted one yesterday actually:  http://m-core.org/solo-mine-magi/

Thanks for the link.
I tried it. Exactly as mentioned.

The magi.conf file located in my /AppData/Roaming/Magi/magi.conf was edited with the mentioned codes, i.e.

daemon=1
server=1
rpcport=8232
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=randome_username
rpcpassword=randome_rpcpassword

And, I ran the miner with that exact code as mentioned on that link, i.e.:
minerd.exe --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user rpcuser --pass rpcpass -t thread_numbers  -e cpu_efficiency

(rpcuser and rpcpass were random set of characters as mentioned)

As it starts, it says:
NO PAYOUT ADDRESS PROVIDED, SWITCHING TO GETWORK.

Though, it continues the process of hashing indefinitely without saying any BOO or YAY, which, I believe is obvious because now it isn't being shared.

Your doing it right it wont say anything until you get a block right. No yay or boo. that solo mining. If it says getwork its already connected and working and going to payout on your wallet since you did no provide a specific address.

Perfect.

Just so that everyone does it right... Your latest m-wallet with the latest blockchain has to be up and running in the background. Otherwise it can not do that RPC thing. #NoobLanguage

Pyroboby7

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:13:25 PM

i once sent a message to POM about being off the chain. This was before all the forks were a regular occurrence. I never got a reply from them so i always thought they didnt really respond to mails. After learning that the database were wiped clean i thought i would never get the coin i mined so i just gave up and posted here that i will not mine from them again. But after hearing people contacted them and they made it right i decided to try and to my surprise they responded so quickly and made it easy.

POM was my favorite pool and probably would be my favorite until the end. I apologize for not contacting you 1st before i said anything. I really thought you dont respond to mails.

Indeed, I was very happy with the response time and how they made it right.  Just waiting for things to stabilize!

XMG -  95AySiw3GaiTxf5xWBnZLLWkJ9orhyagbx
Historical

Activity: 268
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:34:56 PM

Indeed, I was very happy with the response time and how they made it right.  Just waiting for things to stabilize!

Thanks guys.  Wink
Sometimes, e-mails via POM pool contact form does not pass to gmail account.
You can message me also here..

pmsk

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:56:59 PM

Vultures flocked to the cooling corpse of a minerclaim, lol.
smbijan777

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:14:30 PM

hello all!

my walet note synchronized

trying connection 93.84.198.234:8233 lastseen=1923.1hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 186.88.49.118:8233 lastseen=2.1hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 95.211.186.214:8233 lastseen=23.1hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 31.170.130.248:8233 lastseen=2.1hrs
received block 86de8ce34ea897d5941c
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=7e7e43d7436759528cbd
connection timeout
trying connection 189.234.27.212:8233 lastseen=1.0hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 5.55.138.231:8233 lastseen=0.9hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 27.109.193.73:8233 lastseen=5.5hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 128.68.22.89:8233 lastseen=2.1hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 73.189.109.20:8233 lastseen=2.1hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 91.176.22.223:8233 lastseen=14.6hrs
Flushed 9062 addresses to peers.dat  26ms
connection timeout
trying connection 93.190.139.34:8233 lastseen=9.4hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 172.97.231.12:8233 lastseen=16.9hrs
connection timeout
chronosphere

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:17:44 PM

If you ever wonder why you earn almost nothing, ask this guy. And he is not alone.
As I told before - if you want coin for friends, do new coin or delist this one and then mine without huge hashrate..

sorry for offtopic.  wish developers luck with fixing bugs.

You are being disrespectful.  Many of these people do not know the dev and are investing in this coin just as any other serious investment.  Don't belittle this coin, its design is very good, every CC runs into forking problems in its life span for the most part.

You sound like you are complaining that people don't like it that large miners are NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES of this coin.  I really hope you find some other direction of focus, your focus does not belong in this community. 

Just go away if you don't like it.

E
jleonc01

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:23:48 PM

Good night update my wallet to version 1.4.3 and the coins that I had left unconfirmed in the wallet, how do I solve this?

Thank you for the help you can give me

wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 08:25:57 PM

Is this still a mineable coin?
I ask because Cryptopia has it listed as a POS only coin.

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
deztroyr1

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:32:28 PM

Is this still a mineable coin?
I ask because Cryptopia has it listed as a POS only coin.

as i'm still mining it, i'm gonna assume it's still minable lol.
in fact mining seems better than POS

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 08:43:32 PM

Cool, thank you!

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
oxothuk

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:52:58 PM

If you ever wonder why you earn almost nothing, ask this guy. And he is not alone.
As I told before - if you want coin for friends, do new coin or delist this one and then mine without huge hashrate..

You are being disrespectful.  Many of these people do not know the dev and are investing in this coin just as any other serious investment.  Don't belittle this coin, its design is very good, every CC runs into forking problems in its life span for the most part.
You sound like you are complaining that people don't like it that large miners are NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES of this coin.  I really hope you find some other direction of focus, your focus does not belong in this community. 

E
disrespectful - only because show you weakness of this coin?

I respect devs, he is very young man and I hope him succes... and I do not min coin for some time, until fix done.

"Don't belittle this coin, its design is very good"  It design bad, because someone can easily brake it. And then lower max hashrate than more people can break the "coin"... it is bad design and works until coin not interested for mass..

"NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES"  Only one rule here is algoritm.. nothing more... not bans, not wishes of solo miners.. not wishes of developers.....

"Just go away if you don't like it." -  No, until I can get money with coin.   As I told before,  or delist and do coin not exchangable or just don`t ask for something stupid..

ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:55:42 PM

My wallet, version 1.4.3.0 stopped synching this morning.
Worked like  charm until this morning.
Does anyone knows why?

Here’s something I noticed yesterday that might be helpful.  I’m back on the right chain now and have been using 1.4.3.0.  What I think I saw when minting just connected to the devs node:

1. Minting on one node the blocks being accepted normally.
2. Dev’s node receives (or creates?) a bad block with too little proof of stake.
3. Wallet drops the node because of bad behavior.
4. Wallet reconnects to the node because of connect call.
5. Forking seems to happen leaving the wallet on its own fork but relaying valid blocks to the dev’s node.

Connecting exclusively to one node and trying to make the system work might be compounding the problem.  I keep getting this error in my debug log:

Code:
Misbehaving: 104.128.225.215:8233 (0 -> 100) DISCONNECTING
disconnecting node 104.128.225.215:8233
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-stake

This is the dev’s node that is being disconnected.  My guess is that perhaps an incorrect version of the wallet is minting blocks and getting them relayed through this node.  It is pretty hard to keep on the right chain now – but running connected to other peers has worked for me since yesterday when this happened and I reset the block chain.

I hope this information is useful to debug the situation.

Add this to magi.conf
Code:
banscore=500
This will make it a little better in that case. I've seen this happen to proper nodes when i got a bad block at first and then the proper one.
banscore allows it to try again with out getting banned straight away. It's what i blame to be the problem at first place with the forks before.

Pyroboby7

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:06:05 PM

My wallet, version 1.4.3.0 stopped synching this morning.
Worked like  charm until this morning.
Does anyone knows why?

Here’s something I noticed yesterday that might be helpful.  I’m back on the right chain now and have been using 1.4.3.0.  What I think I saw when minting just connected to the devs node:

1. Minting on one node the blocks being accepted normally.
2. Dev’s node receives (or creates?) a bad block with too little proof of stake.
3. Wallet drops the node because of bad behavior.
4. Wallet reconnects to the node because of connect call.
5. Forking seems to happen leaving the wallet on its own fork but relaying valid blocks to the dev’s node.

Connecting exclusively to one node and trying to make the system work might be compounding the problem.  I keep getting this error in my debug log:

Code:
Misbehaving: 104.128.225.215:8233 (0 -> 100) DISCONNECTING
disconnecting node 104.128.225.215:8233
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-stake

This is the dev’s node that is being disconnected.  My guess is that perhaps an incorrect version of the wallet is minting blocks and getting them relayed through this node.  It is pretty hard to keep on the right chain now – but running connected to other peers has worked for me since yesterday when this happened and I reset the block chain.

I hope this information is useful to debug the situation.

Add this to magi.conf
Code:
banscore=500
This will make it a little better in that case. I've seen this happen to proper nodes when i got a bad block at first and then the proper one.
banscore allows it to try again with out getting banned straight away. It's what i blame to be the problem at first place with the forks before.

Ill add that when I get home to see if it syncs up again.   

XMG -  95AySiw3GaiTxf5xWBnZLLWkJ9orhyagbx
ex33s

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:11:31 PM

You are being disrespectful.  Many of these people do not know the dev and are investing in this coin just as any other serious investment.  Don't belittle this coin, its design is very good, every CC runs into forking problems in its life span for the most part.
You sound like you are complaining that people don't like it that large miners are NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES of this coin.  I really hope you find some other direction of focus, your focus does not belong in this community.  

E
disrespectful - only because show you weakness of this coin?

I respect devs, he is very young man and I hope him succes... and I do not min coin for some time, until fix done.

"Don't belittle this coin, its design is very good"  It design bad, because someone can easily brake it. And then lower max hashrate than more people can break the "coin"... it is bad design and works until coin not interested for mass..

"NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES"  Only one rule here is algoritm.. nothing more... not bans, not wishes of solo miners.. not wishes of developers.....

"Just go away if you don't like it." -  No, until I can get money with coin.   As I told before,  or delist and do coin not exchangable or just don`t ask for something stupid..

Alright, It's not bad design. Lower hash rate increase the block reward, with high hash rate the reward get's lower. So that design isn't about poor design but trying to make it more fair for all miners,  where PoW dosn't cover in hash - POS does.

There are more rules than just the algo in any cryptocurrancy, the algo only defines how the hash of a block should be calculated and not how the block itself is accepted to the chain. And any other lite tx on the chain.

The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 09:12:08 PM

Add this to magi.conf
Code:
banscore=500

Does not make any difference.
When I use an other IP all goes okay.
So my normal IP is banned, running the wallet, that's very very wrong.
ex33s

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 09:23:29 PM

Add this to magi.conf
Code:
banscore=500

Does not make any difference.
When I use an other IP all goes okay.
So my normal IP is banned, running the wallet, that's very very wrong.

Well, you are wrong here.

The difference is that instead of banning good nodes straight away it let them try to give you the new block again.

It's a little tricky part but i'll try to explain it Smiley

When you get a block (Proper or not) at first the wallet say ok if all is good. Then a few sec later you get another block with the same height.
What happens here is that you (your wallet) ban that node directly for giving you a block you already have. This can be bad since it's all about the longest chain of blocks.
If you don't allow a retry of submiting the block (and chain) from that peer, it might be that the peer you just banned has the longest chain.

Without this setting, poolinfo (inc. my personal wallet) would been out of sync and on the wrong chain fast. I've even tried setting that to 200 and that wasn't good enough. Poolinfo needs 500 on banscore just to be open about which chain to follow and be able to properly see which block and chain it should follow. Also the reason for poolinfo got stuck yesterday, it had banned good peers without letting them try more.

Pages: « 1 ... 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 [913] 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: