Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:00:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845451 times)
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 02:11:01 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauline_Christianity

So a messenger Paul was specially called to Promote the "right story" about Jesus/Emmanuel.
How convenient that this story forbids you to investigate any other perspective.

Actually modern scholarship on Paul's writings indicates that his doctrine is not always in harmony with the Gospels.

This is the exact reason for the Council of Nicea which weeded out a whole bunch of worse writings.

You can take anything and twist it so that it doesn't harmonize with something else. Yet, both the Gospels and the Letters of Paul are correct, in the context, and with the things that they are trying to express, even though they may not seem to harmonize to the thinking of some people.

This is the exact reason that there is no room for something like the Phoenix Chronicles or whatever you call them. There is even less harmony among them, and far less harmony when you try to harmonize them with the Bible. One doesn't need to read them to realize this. One only need realize that, generally speaking, it is this way with all complicated, complex, convoluted writings.

Smiley

Well I for one will not accept an argument from authority; that is really all you have when your book does not even allow you to inquire into all things.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:26:05 AM

We don't have the same sources for our beliefs and opinions.
Oh I get it. You have been reading the Phoenix Journals and they are driving you crazy.

Oh I get it, I am different in my belief so I must be crazy and my God is really the devil. Well that is exactly what you have said to me in this thread and it does not sound like civilized Christian behavior to me!

It is exactly good Christian behavior. Why? Because you adamantly refuse to accept the fact that you need a savior, and that the Savior is Jesus, the Christ of the Bible. Since you don't accept Him, you are going to Hell.

As a person who would like to have you as a Christian brother, I need to warn you firmly about the dangerous position you have placed yourself in. I can't do this with some wishy-washy, emotionally mish-mashy language. I need to warn you straight out, so that you see the danger, and change.

I have tried all the ways I know so far. So, if you don't change, it is on your own head, and it won't matter because you will be gone, anyway.

Well I for one will not accept an argument from authority; that is really all you have when your book does not even allow you to inquire into all things.

The Bible is the basic explanation of things. Nobody needs anything else.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:27:10 AM

The essence of god is mysterious.  Science itself could be argued as proof of god or so could this staple lodged in my finger (don't ask).  It doesn't matter and it matter completely.  But really it's mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it don't matter.  And if it matters, be mindful.  

But really, even when science does prove any aspect of god there is still more to prove.  The "god" particle is a farce because more particles will be discovered.  Humans just always seek some sense of closure when the reality is infinite and unclosable.

So my best answer would be yes and no and maybe, perhaps, definitely and wait until tomorrow.

LOL !  Hope your finger is okay.

We still don't know for a fact that there isn't just one particle in the whole universe, and that's all there is. We don't know if it is this particle zooming throughout the dimensions at super-high speeds and in various ways, to actually form what looks and feels like all the rest of the particles and energies that exist in the universe. Someday we may know. But we don't know one way or the other for sure, yet.

Smiley

Well I agree with your last sentence anyways!  We're only as good as our measuring equipment.  When they measure the Higgs Boson so called "god particle" it is naive to think that they have found the ultimate particle.  They will find more and more.

I don't think that Hawking dubbed the Higgs Boson the "god particle" because he thought it had anything to do with some kind of god or god attribute.

Yes. We will find more. And since we are only scratching the surface in examining the dimensions, we may find all kinds of things that are neither particle or wave.

Smiley

EDIT: One of my big questions is: "Do we know for a fact that we are not creating some of these particles rather than simply finding them?"

Oh man... that would really screw things up if we're creating particles in a bubble without any understanding of what could happen with those particles.  We could be making our very own Big Bang.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:32:14 AM

The essence of god is mysterious.  Science itself could be argued as proof of god or so could this staple lodged in my finger (don't ask).  It doesn't matter and it matter completely.  But really it's mind over matter.  If you don't mind, it don't matter.  And if it matters, be mindful.  

But really, even when science does prove any aspect of god there is still more to prove.  The "god" particle is a farce because more particles will be discovered.  Humans just always seek some sense of closure when the reality is infinite and unclosable.

So my best answer would be yes and no and maybe, perhaps, definitely and wait until tomorrow.

LOL !  Hope your finger is okay.

We still don't know for a fact that there isn't just one particle in the whole universe, and that's all there is. We don't know if it is this particle zooming throughout the dimensions at super-high speeds and in various ways, to actually form what looks and feels like all the rest of the particles and energies that exist in the universe. Someday we may know. But we don't know one way or the other for sure, yet.

Smiley

Well I agree with your last sentence anyways!  We're only as good as our measuring equipment.  When they measure the Higgs Boson so called "god particle" it is naive to think that they have found the ultimate particle.  They will find more and more.

I don't think that Hawking dubbed the Higgs Boson the "god particle" because he thought it had anything to do with some kind of god or god attribute.

Yes. We will find more. And since we are only scratching the surface in examining the dimensions, we may find all kinds of things that are neither particle or wave.

Smiley

EDIT: One of my big questions is: "Do we know for a fact that we are not creating some of these particles rather than simply finding them?"

Oh man... that would really screw things up if we're creating particles in a bubble without any understanding of what could happen with those particles.  We could be making our very own Big Bang.

Yes. There are a lot of energies bouncing around in the cyclotrons and colliders. How can we be sure that we are not creating particles rather than simply attracting them in or digging them out?

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
misterycoins

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:42:48 AM

First, you have to get a really solid definition of what any individual person means by 'god'.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:51:21 AM

First, you have to get a really solid definition of what any individual person means by 'god'.

You might want to do this if you are speaking about some very specific thing.

In the general scheme of things, all the machines that we have come from our observation and use of the machines in nature - the universe. So far, our machines are way behind the machines in nature in complexity and capability. Machines have makers. Whomever made the machines of the universe is way beyond us. Whomever or Whatever he or it is, he/it is way beyond us in intelligence and capability. This matches even the most general definitions of god/God.

Smiley

bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 04:01:36 AM

We don't have the same sources for our beliefs and opinions.
Oh I get it. You have been reading the Phoenix Journals and they are driving you crazy.

Oh I get it, I am different in my belief so I must be crazy and my God is really the devil. Well that is exactly what you have said to me in this thread and it does not sound like civilized Christian behavior to me!

It is exactly good Christian behavior. Why? Because you adamantly refuse to accept the fact that you need a savior, and that the Savior is Jesus, the Christ of the Bible. Since you don't accept Him, you are going to Hell.

As a person who would like to have you as a Christian brother, I need to warn you firmly about the dangerous position you have placed yourself in. I can't do this with some wishy-washy, emotionally mish-mashy language. I need to warn you straight out, so that you see the danger, and change.

I have tried all the ways I know so far. So, if you don't change, it is on your own head, and it won't matter because you will be gone, anyway.

Smiley

Just because your point of view involves a personal savior does not mean it is the right one. Like I mentioned, the entire account of Jesus and many cosmic mysteries simply make more sense in my opinion when one reads other important sources. I want to be well - read and open in my assessment of  Bible, so I read Hatonn... If you are more closed off as a result of his scribed messages, maybe you should ask yourself why... and why do you not love me as you love thyself... in a Christian truth?  Why is it that you judge? It is evil to judge when you know not.

You do not know that anyone needs a savior; it is impossible for soMeone to be lifted away into the clouds just because they have believed a certain concept.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:24:39 AM

Smiley

Just because your point of view involves a personal savior does not mean it is the right one. Like I mentioned, the entire account of Jesus and many cosmic mysteries simply make more sense in my opinion when one reads other important sources. I want to be well - read and open in my assessment of  Bible, so I read Hatonn... If you are more closed off as a result of his scribed messages, maybe you should ask yourself why... and why do you not love me as you love thyself... in a Christian truth?  Why is it that you judge? It is evil to judge when you know not.

You do not know that anyone needs a savior; it is impossible for soMeone to be lifted away into the clouds just because they have believed a certain concept.

When you look at the complexity in nature, according to our understanding, nature and life are impossible to exist, according to any way that we can guess that they might have been brought into existence. Since they exist, however, why is it such a far fetch to believe that Someone can't lift Himself, or be lifted into the clouds like Jesus did/was?

The fact that you think that "it is impossible for soMeone to be lifted away into the clouds ..." means that you are not very well read, yet, or else that you are ignoring the possibilities shown by the things that you have read.

Smiley

fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:06:28 AM

Of course, you cannot measure the probability of something existing somewhere in the universe. Unless you can do that, the whole proof is meaningless.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:08:10 AM

Of course, you cannot measure the probability of something existing somewhere in the universe. Unless you can do that, the whole proof is meaningless.

It's about time that someone else pointed out that empiricism cannot possibly comment one way or another about God.
fkvidar

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:17:59 AM

But if God were only an idea, then would God exist?
fkvidar

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:37:45 AM

If god exists, it is not subject to logic ( Scientific proof that God exists )  The only being capable of providing proof for or against the existence of an omnipotent being is an omnipotent being
bl4kjaguar

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:55:37 AM

GOD IS AN ENERGY AND CHRIST IS THAT BEINGNESS OR PERFECTION OF GOD CREATOR. “CHRIST” IS NOT A NAME FOR ANYONE—IT IS A “STATE OF BEING OR ACTING WITHIN ‘CHRISTLY’ GUIDELINES”.
The next thing up from that fact is that you are a “created” entity within the energy flow of GOD CREATOR. This makes YOU a creating reflection or representation of experiencing GOD CREATOR. That accepted, you can go further and realize YOUR LIKENESS WITHIN/TO GOD. With that recognition, if taken seriously, you MUST then accept the responsibility that YOU are godly beings! That further means that human life IS OF SACRED IMPORTANCE. CHRISTNESS is LIFE. EVIL is DEATH. And thus, you have the split right down the middle of “ACTIONS”.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 06:32:17 AM

If god exists, it is not subject to logic ( Scientific proof that God exists )  The only being capable of providing proof for or against the existence of an omnipotent being is an omnipotent being

Incorrect.  If God exists, it *must* be subject to logic, else it could not exist (exists vs. doesn't exist is reducible to binary logic).

Edit:  Proof needn't be empirical (because it can't be).
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:05:45 AM

If god exists, it is not subject to logic ( Scientific proof that God exists )  The only being capable of providing proof for or against the existence of an omnipotent being is an omnipotent being

Incorrect.  If God exists, it *must* be subject to logic, else it could not exist (exists vs. doesn't exist is reducible to binary logic).

Edit:  Proof needn't be empirical (because it can't be).

Right.

For God to exist, He must be within this universe, at least in part. The part of Him that is within this universe must exist according to the logic of this universe. Since the term "universe" encompasses everything, for God to be outside of this universe (a condition that is incomprehensible to anything that exists), He also must be outside of the logic of it. But since we exist within the universe, such thinking (outside of the universe thinking) would be, not illogical, but unlogical, and not within the realm of our ability to comprehend.

Smiley

nikona

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:34:50 PM

Simple fact "GOD DOES NOT EXIST" I guess its time that everyone knows it.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:39:43 PM

Inasmuch as reality is provably a mental construct, intelligent design exists (and thus it is practical to say God exists).
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:08:18 PM

Quite the contrary. The term "God" might not be the best term for what He really is, and the designation "He" might be completely arbitrary, but science has shown that He definitely exists, whatever He is. Scientists show it all the time. They simply don't talk about it.

The link, below, has a reasonably concise description of how scientists show that God exists. If you don't want your faith in the idea of the absence of God to be shaken, don't go there. But if you want to see one of the basic flaws in scientific expression that is actually covering up the knowledge of the existence of God, then read this post.

The link is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=964266.msg10568165#msg10568165.

This is just one of several things that show that God absolutely DOES exist. If you look back through previous posts in this thread, you will be able to find several others.

Smiley

(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:27:36 PM

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:52:37 PM

It is incomplete. The additional words should be, "... as I roast in Hell for not believing in Jesus or accepting the salvation Jesus provided for me."

Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: