Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:29:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you prefer new features to be Ninja Launched or Announced first?
Ninja - 157 (62.1%)
Announced - 96 (37.9%)
Total Voters: 253

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 231 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FIBRE] | 625k | [SuperNET] | FibreDark | FibreLock | FibreGateway | ZeroTrust |  (Read 514886 times)
belibeli

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:05:12 PM

OK putting on my financial engineer hat, because I think we can do better than donations.  My suggested structure follows, which meets the goal of raising money, without hurting current investors or creating some unworkable two coin structure (i.e. hurt current investors...):

Hello sir, I think you have raised some important points in your earlier post. As you explicitly allowed comments on this post, please consider my red remarks as an opportunity for a conversation and not as a confrontation. From what you have wrote earlier I consider this is not the case.

1) Fibrelite is a new coin, that Fibre holders are able to convert to.  Fibre will cease to exist some period after the conversion. -Why should Fibre cease to exist?

2) "Baseline" # of coins in Fibrelite is the same as Fibre and Fibre holders can convert 1:1.  Thus there is no dilution -My nondilution theory tells me that 1 Fibre should be 90 mil/650,000=138,46 Fibrelight if they were to merge.
2a) But now you say then no money is raised, so what is the point- that's why we need both the coins, but with the current holders having 90+% percent of the total supply of FibreLight and 10% being left for the ICO. This is when the wallet with two currencies also comes in place (I'm sure I'm not the first one sugessting it but I think it would be a premiere in crypto)

3) "Upside" # of coins in Fibrelite are the ICO.  Selling price is whatever the price of Fibre is at the start of the ICO (or some average over the last X days, whatever).  However many BTC come in from the ICO dictate how many "Upside" coins get actually released, the remaining unsold coins are burned.  Maybe some BTC target is set, but the key point is the unsold coins (if any) are burned.

4) Net result is that the value of Fibre holdings = value of fibrelite holdings in BTC for current fibre investors (because price is the same and # of coins held by individual investors are the same), but since new coins are sold in the fibrelite ICO, devs get the money they need to maximally execute on their awesome plans.

Comments / criticisms?  Let me know if any of that was unclear.  May need some tweaking but I think this is straightforwardly feasible from a tech perspective and best achieves everyone's objective.  

From a communication perspective, maybe you say something like the following:

1) Fibre is a great coin, and the worst case is that we continue to develop aggressively to grow and meet our goals

2) But we have even greater goals to create value for investors that we can execute on with new funding

3) Therefore we are considering a "v2" upgraded Fibre, ie. Fibrelite, which would have an ICO to provide that funding

4) We are 100% committed to not only protecting Fibre investors, but making sure they as early supporters get all the same upside in Fibrelite, which we think will be even greater for them than if we simply stay on the current course and develop fibre only (which is an option, but not one we think is the best)

5) To achieve (4), the ICO will have the same coin price as fibre, and new coins will only be created pro rata to new invested BTC coming in.  Fibrelite will also benefit, because potential investors will know our level of commitment in return for their support -
Maybe say that or maybe prove it first, as in the developers should first show that they can be trusted with a 1000 BTC/year revenue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
killakem (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:09:53 PM

Please people, get your facts together and stop trying to spread something that is not true. I openly admit I use multiple accounts, and if you had half a brain you would look at the post from each and honestly see that my position was the same on both and actually signed my name to the other. Why the hell would I be trying to create FUD on a coin I heavily invest and have supported. Read my history on both accounts, I beg of you, to understand more of my position. I do not want a second coin and this is not just me. You cannot just "ban" someone because they have multiple accounts because there is "no rule" that prevents that from going on. If I pretended to be someone else with a different position, I could see your view, but this is not the case. I was only trying to see if it was possible to vote under a different account in order for me to trust the results of the poll. Seriously, this community is suppose to be adult based and it's started to show cracks. Let's just move on please.

wnw

It's ok mate!! No hard feelings. I want us all to regroup and move forward. I was clear many times that this was just a debate and was totally optional, because I did not want to bring FUD. As we are one of the only FUD free coins.

P.s We are already looking into alternate solutions to block cypher!! Smiley
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:15:43 PM

Please people, get your facts together and stop trying to spread something that is not true. I openly admit I use multiple accounts, and if you had half a brain you would look at the post from each and honestly see that my position was the same on both and actually signed my name to the other. Why the hell would I be trying to create FUD on a coin I heavily invest and have supported. Read my history on both accounts, I beg of you, to understand more of my position. I do not want a second coin and this is not just me. You cannot just "ban" someone because they have multiple accounts because there is "no rule" that prevents that from going on. If I pretended to be someone else with a different position, I could see your view, but this is not the case. I was only trying to see if it was possible to vote under a different account in order for me to trust the results of the poll. Seriously, this community is suppose to be adult based and it's started to show cracks. Let's just move on please.

wnw

It's ok mate!! No hard feelings. I want us all to regroup and move forward. I was clear many times that this was just a debate and was totally optional, because I did not want to bring FUD. As we are one of the only FUD free coins.

What is the price to get onto Block Cypher with just FIBRE? How many BTC?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
charptype

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:18:35 PM

Honestly I doubt many devs would have been so receptive to the feelings of the community. Seriously big props  Wink.

wnw

killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:20:03 PM

wnw

What is the price to get onto Block Cypher with just FIBRE? How many BTC?

The implementation costs are 10k USD so at the current price it would be 30btc!! We have 2btc already so 28BTC

Then $250 a month hosting fee.

DFJ's idea is a great one!! But Im now apprehensive to enter into anymore debates lol. I have also instructed my team not to comment on any posts regarding the funding.
belibeli

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:22:50 PM

wnw

Do you trust the results of the pool now, mate?
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:23:19 PM

Honestly I doubt many devs would have been so receptive to the feelings of the community. Seriously big props  Wink.

wnw

We have said from Day one that Fibre was created for the community because of the damage that all of these scams have caused. We will never stray from that ethos! Every single person has a voice and we will listen to you.

Although we will not be entering into anymore debates regarding the funding. I task you guys the community with coming up with the best solution......................

Regards
Killa
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:33:31 PM

The implementation costs are 10k USD so at the current price it would be 30btc!! We have 2btc already so 28BTC

DFJ's idea is a great one!! But Im now apprehensive to enter into anymore debates lol. I have also instructed my team not to comment on any posts regarding the funding.

I will need to go back and look over DFJ's idea again. Seriously, twenty-five folks sending a FIBRE wallet 10$USD worth of FIBRE each month seems very reasonable, especially if we get this coin on a plane few can afford. Not sure of what te contractual agreement looks like.
The BTC cap is going to be a little more tricky, but I don't see those amounts being too difficult to obtain if we reach out to the right party.
It's OK to discuss things between us investors without the CEO, right?  Grin

killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:37:33 PM

I will need to go back and look over DFJ's idea again. Seriously, twenty-five folks sending a FIBRE wallet 10$USD worth of FIBRE each month seems very reasonable, especially if we get this coin on a plane few can afford. Not sure of what te contractual agreement looks like.
The BTC cap is going to be a little more tricky, but I don't see those amounts being too difficult to obtain if we reach out to the right party.
It's OK to discuss things between us investors without the CEO, right?  Grin

Most definitely! Feel free, any help from the community is accepted with open arms.

Killa
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:38:46 PM

Do you trust the results of the pool now, mate?
[/quote]

Absolutely not! But I would like to know the amount of investors here on this site that agree with some of your earlier comments. You seemed to have a good grasp on some of the finer details of how a second coin could work when coupled to the primary to add value to both and to ensure both are joined. The last thing you want to do is come off like PPC did with Nubits and have an ecosystem that was built based on USD$ and the notion of using shares. I honestly feel FIBRELITE can work if implemented as a slave to the master.

belibeli

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:39:57 PM

@ killa

Please tell us more about about the Block Cypher and why they need an instant deposit. The reason I ask you this is because I live somewhere in Europe where things can be traded, haggled and even taken on debt. My father once proved to me that nothing is out of reach when on a Christmas Eve I wanted some plastic toy soldiers I had seen on a window shop and he couldn’t afford it.
In my profession I have seen that all people can be reasoned with and Fibre has a pretty numerous community that you can count on. We’ve all got Fibre.
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:46:11 PM

@ killa

Please tell us more about about the Block Cypher and why they need an instant deposit. The reason I ask you this is because I live somewhere in Europe where things can be traded, haggled and even taken on debt. My father once proved to me that nothing is out of reach when on a Christmas Eve I wanted some plastic toy soldiers I had seen on a window shop and he couldn’t afford it.
In my profession I have seen that all people can be reasoned with and Fibre has a pretty numerous community that you can count on. We’ve all got Fibre.

Hi Belibeli,

The huge initial development cost is due to the fact that Block Cypher have never hosted a POS based coin. We would be the first POS crypto currency implemented on their infrastructure. This incurs a considerable amount of upfront investment in development time, hence the cost.

I also believe this would be a very news worthy story. As Block Cypher have received main stream media attention.

On another note!

Did I mention that we will be able to create multi coin based applications with any of the coins they host.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:47:33 PM

<snip>
2.   If FibreLight should ever be conceived, it should be at most 10% ICO (9.000.000 coins) and the rest of 81.000.000 coins distributed procentual amongst the Fibre wallet staking addresses at the FibreLight launch T-0.00 moment. The holders of Fibre should get around 90% of the Fibrelight supply, meaning 124.6 Fibrelight/1 Fibre owned. FibreLight ICO should start at 0.00001.
<snip>

You have my full support of this approach. It has legs, adds value to both.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:49:41 PM

<snip>
2.   If FibreLight should ever be conceived, it should be at most 10% ICO (9.000.000 coins) and the rest of 81.000.000 coins distributed procentual amongst the Fibre wallet staking addresses at the FibreLight launch T-0.00 moment. The holders of Fibre should get around 90% of the Fibrelight supply, meaning 124.6 Fibrelight/1 Fibre owned. FibreLight ICO should start at 0.00001.
<snip>

You have my full support of this approach. It has legs, adds value to both.
Sounds good!! I agree with this approach as it will also boost fibre.
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:52:30 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Guys,

We have been lucky enough to attract the attention of the reporters at coin source.

Please see the below article they just published.

http://www.coinssource.com/fibre-the-future-cryptocurrencies-brings-innovation/
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:03:31 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPDATE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Guys,

We have been lucky enough to attract the attention of the reporters at coin source.

Please see the below article they just published.

http://www.coinssource.com/fibre-the-future-cryptocurrencies-brings-innovation/

I've seen this moment at coinsource before. When BTCD priced 80ksat this resource published the first article about it. After a month BTCD's price mooned to 1200ksat...
The same situation is now and i feel deja vu

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
belibeli

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:06:03 PM

I honestly feel FIBRELITE can work if implemented as a slave to the master.
Agree. But let's first explore all possibilities and give a chance for the sleepiest of minds to have an opinion on what is the best course of action. As for the reason of the need for chich$ing, I sincerely don't agree with small starting companies (Block Cypher) taking large lumps of money from the poor to rapidly cover the costs of their hardware. Should this not be discussed as a business opportunity with these guys instead of us coming as needing a 13,000 $ service? Will not both of the parties be gaining from this deal? This type of service can be worth 5 $/ month, in a year- with them coming and looking for you as a customer.
This ammount of money spending should first be discussed in a bit more detail.

@killa
Can you provide a link on these guys' website?
charptype

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

Wow. What a powerful story! It's like the book of Job. The going ons in Europe also sound highly suspicious. 
@ killa

belibeli

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:12:13 PM

Wow. What a powerful story! It's like the book of Job. The going ons in Europe also sound highly suspicious. 
@ killa

Hello!
killakem (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:16:17 PM

I honestly feel FIBRELITE can work if implemented as a slave to the master.
Agree. But let's first explore all possibilities and give a chance for the sleepiest of minds to have an opinion on what is the best course of action. As for the reason of the need for chich$ing, I sincerely don't agree with small starting companies (Block Cypher) taking large lumps of money from the poor to rapidly cover the costs of their hardware. Should this not be discussed as a business opportunity with these guys instead of us coming as needing a 13,000 $ service? Will not both of the parties be gaining from this deal? This type of service can be worth 5 $/ month, in a year- with them coming and looking for you as a customer.
This ammount of money spending should first be discussed in a bit more detail.

@killa
Can you provide a link on these guys' website?

I will need longer than 6 mins to reply!

They can set their price as they see fit, because they are the best in the business. The price is $10,000, this is none negotiable. Believe me I have tried to haggle them down, they wont have it. They only host BTC, LTC and URO. They do not need to host any other coins. I had to convince them that the Fibre project was legit and that we were in it for the long term.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 231 »
  Print  

Jump to: