Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:02:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
altfolio

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 05:05:54 PM

Missing link?
Activating LITE mode (SPV)
is linking to https://shadowproject.io/en . But where do I find a LITE wallet there?  Thanks.

Actually, do you know AltFolio.ddns.net yet?
Useful if you're a mid-term, or long-term trader. Overview! React faster. Trade more coins.

Lite wallet is the same wallet as the full one. You just have to put the LITE option in the wallet Smiley

Ah, I see. That needs explanation, and/or OP post change.

I am using the bootstrap.dat method to catch up with the blockchain. The wiki link from the github page is broken, so I could not consult your manual.

I have now simply put the bootstrap into the %APPDATA%\ShadowCoin folder. And perhaps it is reading from there? But I don't know.
It just says "Catching up. Importing blocks ...". But where from? Is it syncing from p2p, is it reading from bootstrap.dat?

Suggestion for next version: "Catching up. Importing blocks from bootstrap.dat"
Then I'd know what is going on now. Thanks a lot. Tiny problem, though. Just add it to TODO list.

Anyone hasn't tried out my Portfolio solution  AltFolio.ddns.net yet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:15:41 PM

A book based on the first year of ShadowCash is currently in progress.  Here is the preliminary front cover:

I have already published five books:

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Chris-P.-Thompson/e/B00S5L3PVM/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

This year I plan to release more books than in the year 2015. 

This looks really great. I love the idea of making an SDC book. It will definitely be in my book collection once its out. Look forward for more new and exciting stuff for SDC. Also, I am downloading the new SDC wallet which definitely looks cool. Hopefully, syncing would be faster than previous version.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 05:19:40 PM

Missing link?
is linking to https://shadowproject.io/en . But where do I find a LITE wallet there?  Thanks.

Useful if you're a mid-term, or long-term trader. Overview! React faster. Trade more coins.

Lite wallet is the same wallet as the full one. You just have to put the LITE option in the wallet Smiley

I am using the bootstrap.dat method to catch up with the blockchain. The wiki link from the github page is broken, so I could not consult your manual.

I have now simply put the bootstrap into the %APPDATA%\ShadowCoin folder. And perhaps it is reading from there? But I don't know.
It just says "Catching up. Importing blocks ...". But where from? Is it syncing from p2p, is it reading from bootstrap.dat?

Then I'd know what is going on now. Thanks a lot. Tiny problem, though. Just add it to TODO list.

Anyone hasn't tried out my Portfolio solution  AltFolio.ddns.net yet?

We actually suggest using the blockchain method, it's way faster ~10 minuters of loading time versus the hours of loading from bootstrap.
https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain

Place the contents of the zip file into your ShadowCoin folder and you'll be good to go Smiley

What does your altfolio solutions produce? I'm interested in knowing more about that..

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:40:42 PM

Missing link?
is linking to https://shadowproject.io/en . But where do I find a LITE wallet there?  Thanks.

Anyone hasn't tried out my Portfolio solution  AltFolio.ddns.net yet?

To answer your question .. if you see "Catching up. Importing blocks" it means from either bootstrap or a manually passed data file. So you are good ...
Suggestion noted.

^ I am with STUPID!
altfolio

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 06:05:04 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2016, 07:39:44 PM by altfolio

Thanks for your answers.
I found out myself - I simply switched off the internet connection, and it still continued, so it must be bootstrap.dat loading.
Yes, plowing through the bootstrap.dat seems to take hours. 21% done.
We have a slow internet connection, so the bootstrap method usually saves me a factor of ~10.

EDIT: And I would not understand why p2p downloading can be faster, because reading from local HD is much faster than from the internet. Sorry, misunderstood you. Alright, I am also downloading the blockchain.zip now. Perhaps put a clearer warning on the bootstrap page, then I might have noticed when I took the bootstrap.zip, that blockchain.zip would have been the better thing to do.

EDIT2: Done. Blockchain.zip is the way to go. Thanks again.

What does your altfolio solutions produce? I'm interested in knowing more about that..

After finding too many issues with other portfolio services ... I simply created my own.
Your personal copy of my GoogleSheet mastersheet is the frontend: It does all the balance calculations (so I will not learn how rich you are - unless you tell me Wink ). And as a spreadsheet it is completely editable, so maximum flexibility.
And for fast, multi-threading, cached updates of price & other data, I have created my own dataserver backend. It is pulling price data from 13 exchanges, plus market indices from coinmarketcap (very useful numbers), plus minicharts from worldcoinindex (because their base currency is BTC not USD, which renders the minicharts of CMC pretty worthless when USD/BTC is moving).

TL;DR: All YOUR coins on one page. Allows for portfolio approach (balancing each exposure = buy relative low, sell relative high.). Auto-updated prices, totals, markets. Data driven trading. I only look at charts of those of my coins which have just moved. React faster, save time, trade more currencies.

Too many words. Just try it out:    http://AltFolio.ddns.net

Sorry for off-topic. The BCT thread is linked from there too.

Enjoy :-)
Kewde

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:21:26 PM

There is a blockchain-through-file method  Smiley Check out the link I posted before, it has lots of instructions.

Kewde

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:34:12 PM

We don't put them in jail, they fuck up themselves, often when they exchange SDC to fiat..
Even with all the extra added anonymity if you cash in large amounts of money on an exchange to your bank account, bells will ring.
No altcoin providing the extra layer of anonymity will prevent you from that.

erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:09:41 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 02:48:41 AM by erok

yes, sdc the crackable crap coin which could put endless people in jail if this was popular
Go ahead and try to "crack" it then smart guy. Stealth addresses protected the receiving party still after it was de-ring'ed previously.

To clarify the FUDmaster that is benthach: Not one person ever went to jail using SDC. Nobody.

Needless to say, the last month proved to be quite intense. Many events occurred during this short time frame - good and bad. Unfortunately, the bad events received the most attention. This development update will attempt to shed light on the good things that the development team accomplished.

First and foremost, we’d like to thank the community. Your hopeful spirit in the face of adversity, the tireless discussions in Slack, and every single contribution help the project mature. Thank you.

One of the major concerns voiced by a majority of you is the lack of frequent updates. This update marks the end of that trend. We will continue to provide minor updates on a more frequent basis. Please bear in mind that our development team sacrifices their free-time to help with the project, so please remain patient. We continue to look for more people to get involved with the “behind the scenes” work. Some of this doesn’t require any programming knowledge - you could help write documentation or updates! Please let us know if you’d like to help.

Downloads

Please note: A hard fork will be required for these changes to take effect. One is planned for block 783000, which will be created around March 15, 2016.

get the link direct from the update

Now on to the actual development update!

Core Development

CheckLockTimeVerify (BIP65)

Another essential op code has been integrated in preparation for escrow transactions for our decentralized marketplace. This function allows for a specified amount of coins to be locked into a double deposit escrow. If the funds are not spent, they will eventually be destroyed. The plan is to allow these coins to be recycled as stake rewards in the future.

A double deposit escrow is a 2-of-2 multi-signature address that is funded by two parties. Both parties then have to sign the transaction to unlock the coins. A single party will not be able to steal the coins within the escrow address. A double deposit escrow can be extended if required, by sending it to yet another double deposit address.

ShadowChat Update

ShadowChat messages have been soft capped at 4KB for normal messages and 512 bytes for anonymous messages to prepare for the upcoming market release. Messages will require a payment made to the network in the near future to prevent spammers from flooding the market with listings and effectively serve as a listing fee as well as to protect the network from flooding of messages.

Proof of Stake Version 3

We’ve successfully integrated Blackcoin’s Proof of Stake protocol version 3. This update will require a hard fork of the blockchain as a few of the consensus rules have changed. Summary of changes:

• 2% static inflation of the total current money supply - Previously this 2% inflation was only applied for the amount of coins being staked which resulted in an inflation rate much less than 2%. New static stake reward around .27 SDC/block and rising.
  • New stake modifier - new blocks can no longer be found before the previous block is found and accepted by all other nodes. The new stake modifier is a hash of the stake kernel and the previous stake modifier, making it impossible to find blocks in the future.
  • Removal of checkpoint servers - increased competition for staking. Checkpoint servers would previously force all nodes to accept the first block it received as the newest block across the entire network.
  • Removal of coin weight - all new competing blocks are treated equally. There is no longer an advantage for blocks with biggest reward or most weight.

KeyImage Fix

Before we explain the fix of the recently discovered ring signature flaw, we want to thank Shen Noether from the Monero Research Lab for his contribution to our project. He spotted a vulnerability which effectively rendered our ring signature implementation useless. For his efforts, he was awarded the highest bug bounty available.

All ring signatures transactions that have occurred prior to this fix had a flaw in the KeyImage of the Ring Signature allowing anyone to see which public key signed the transaction. Anonymity was not completely lost, as the use of Stealth Addresses still protected the recipient of the transaction.

At first we thought to fix the keyImage by picking a different base point for the hashing function. Editing the base point is a tedious matter requiring complete transparency. The seed for the generator was the known timestamp value embedded in the source code.

We eventually decided against it, basing the anonymity on a single base point isn’t something we were very comfortable with. Instead we decided to get rid of the generator in the equation and use a different process to map the hash to the curve. The hash of the public is turned into a BN (Big Number) and then used as an X value on the curve. If X is not on the curve, 1 is added to it till a valid input is found. The benefits of this approach are transparency and more resistance against possible deanonymization attacks.

GUI 2.0

The graphical user interface (GUI) front-end is undergoing rapid development. It is nearly done and there is a whole list of changes and improvements thanks to crz.

A few months of work have gone into updating and preparing the GUI for the decentralized marketplace, here is the list of all changes and future plans.

Done:

• Better and cleaner overview page
  • Simplified main menu sidebar
  • Market (overview page with thumbnail listing/tables view, listings page, add item in shopping basket)
  • Restyled almost all sections in the wallet
  • Made better key management section (more logic)
  • Better send page (split in send payment/balance transfer)
  • More user-friendly tooltips in all sections
  • Tweaks / bug-fixes and more.
  • Simplified Key Management
  • Removed news (attack vector)
  • Mobile/Tablet friendly (responsive)

To-do:

• Redoing Chat inbox and Chat/Address book slide-in from right.
  • Last MP sections (e.g. user/id profile page and check-out wizard page)
  • More filters on tables (e.g. checkbox show stake on/off)
  • Better search
  • Fix Modals
  • Language filter option in the market listings

A community project has been launched of around 8 members that will cooperate to create a video tutorial series after the release of GUI 2.0. This will include basic installation instructions and will evolve to more complicated subjects as we go.

Asynchronous Indexing

Previously, whenever synchronizing your Shadow wallet with the bootstrap file, the application would become unresponsive (white screen) although it was working just fine in the background. This is an issue of the past, as we’ve implemented asynchronous indexing to load up the GUI whilst the bootstrap process is in progress. The issue made our client look ‘buggy’ which we didn’t like very much. Special thanks to dasource for this improvement!

Blockchain Download - 10 Minute Full Synchronization

While bootstrap-by-file process is faster than the normal bootstrap-by-network method, it’s still too slow for our likings. We’ve come to understand that waiting time can have a huge impact on the willingness to use a program. Most people want to use it the instant they’ve opened it and the long waiting time is a struggle, we decided to speed this process up immensely. You can now download a blockchain.zip on Github (https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain) thanks to dasource! Place the contents of this zip file into your shadowcoin folder and you’ll be in sync within 10 minutes!

Work in Progress: Tor Seed Nodes

We highly advise people to run their ShadowCash nodes through the Tor network. To make this process easier we decided to hardcode tor seed nodes in the future. This feature is not yet available in this release because our seed nodes have ShadowChat disabled. There’s a small bug that causes the CPU usage to skyrocket and we want to address that first.

Community Development

Zeuner Review

An issue raised by the community was the status of the donation funds that were exchanged for Isidor Zeuner’s cryptography review. We’re awaiting a response from Zeuner in an attempt to retrieve these funds.

Wikipedia page

We've made great advances on the wikipedia page. A lot of people worked together to lift it out of the shadows and created a draft that contains a lot more information. We're still in the process of expanding the information and increasing the readability. Anyone is free to join our Slack channels and help a hand. In joining us, you'll be learning a lot more about the mechanisms and principles behind Shadow.
get it from the main post

Documentation

Our documentation has been steadily growing since the start. A new set of instructions have been added to get your Shadow node running securely through Tor and more minor content has been added to expand this knowledge base. It is still under heavy development with lots of empty sections but volunteers are slowly making very good progress! We'd like to thank LiteBit for his contributions.

ShadowProject.io

Allien decided that it was time to give our project website a new look. Him and ffmad have updated the design and made enhancements to prepare translations for all of the content.
We also decided to get rid of any third party websites to free our website from tracking. Our promotional video, previously hosted on YouTube, is now self-hosted on our own servers by VideoJS. We also plan on doing this for our documentation website in order to get rid of any trackers that may come with these third party websites..

Translations

We want to thank all contributors for these translations especially sdc-linux, allien, ffmad, Tulsene and code. There was a lot to be translated text but we’ve made great progress so far we hope to continue these efforts.

Not everyone in the world can read English. By providing translations for our websites we uncover a new segment of our target audience. One could argue that the countries that currently have the biggest need for privacy and anonymity are countries where English is not widely spoken and understood.

Those who want to help our translations efforts can do so through Transifex. The languages previewed are not the only ones - you can add your own language.

Reddit Design Overhauled

We'd like to thank LiteBit for their contributions on the Reddit design, it's more beautiful than ever! https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowcash

Best Regards,
The Shadow Team

I am impressed by the fix and have bought more as a result of the development update. GJ dudes.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:35:30 PM

I gotta bad feeling about this

#HanSolo

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
VenMiner

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:06:26 AM

Needless to say, the last month proved to be quite intense. Many events occurred during this short time frame - good and bad. Unfortunately, the bad events received the most attention. This development update will attempt to shed light on the good things that the development team accomplished.

First and foremost, we’d like to thank the community. Your hopeful spirit in the face of adversity, the tireless discussions in Slack, and every single contribution help the project mature. Thank you.

One of the major concerns voiced by a majority of you is the lack of frequent updates. This update marks the end of that trend. We will continue to provide minor updates on a more frequent basis. Please bear in mind that our development team sacrifices their free-time to help with the project, so please remain patient. We continue to look for more people to get involved with the “behind the scenes” work. Some of this doesn’t require any programming knowledge - you could help write documentation or updates! Please let us know if you’d like to help.

Downloads

Please note: A hard fork will be required for these changes to take effect. One is planned for block 783000, which will be created around March 15, 2016.

Visit our github and update your client as soon as possible:
https://github.com/shadowproject/shadow/releases/tag/v1.4.0.1

Now on to the actual development update!

Core Development

CheckLockTimeVerify (BIP65)

Another essential op code has been integrated in preparation for escrow transactions for our decentralized marketplace. This function allows for a specified amount of coins to be locked into a double deposit escrow. If the funds are not spent, they will eventually be destroyed. The plan is to allow these coins to be recycled as stake rewards in the future.

A double deposit escrow is a 2-of-2 multi-signature address that is funded by two parties. Both parties then have to sign the transaction to unlock the coins. A single party will not be able to steal the coins within the escrow address. A double deposit escrow can be extended if required, by sending it to yet another double deposit address.

ShadowChat Update

ShadowChat messages have been soft capped at 4KB for normal messages and 512 bytes for anonymous messages to prepare for the upcoming market release. Messages will require a payment made to the network in the near future to prevent spammers from flooding the market with listings and effectively serve as a listing fee as well as to protect the network from flooding of messages.

Proof of Stake Version 3

We’ve successfully integrated Blackcoin’s Proof of Stake protocol version 3. This update will require a hard fork of the blockchain as a few of the consensus rules have changed. Summary of changes:

• 2% static inflation of the total current money supply - Previously this 2% inflation was only applied for the amount of coins being staked which resulted in an inflation rate much less than 2%. New static stake reward around .27 SDC/block and rising.
  • New stake modifier - new blocks can no longer be found before the previous block is found and accepted by all other nodes. The new stake modifier is a hash of the stake kernel and the previous stake modifier, making it impossible to find blocks in the future.
  • Removal of checkpoint servers - increased competition for staking. Checkpoint servers would previously force all nodes to accept the first block it received as the newest block across the entire network.
  • Removal of coin weight - all new competing blocks are treated equally. There is no longer an advantage for blocks with biggest reward or most weight.

KeyImage Fix

Before we explain the fix of the recently discovered ring signature flaw, we want to thank Shen Noether from the Monero Research Lab for his contribution to our project. He spotted a vulnerability which effectively rendered our ring signature implementation useless. For his efforts, he was awarded the highest bug bounty available.

All ring signatures transactions that have occurred prior to this fix had a flaw in the KeyImage of the Ring Signature allowing anyone to see which public key signed the transaction. Anonymity was not completely lost, as the use of Stealth Addresses still protected the recipient of the transaction.

At first we thought to fix the keyImage by picking a different base point for the hashing function. Editing the base point is a tedious matter requiring complete transparency. The seed for the generator was the known timestamp value embedded in the source code.

We eventually decided against it, basing the anonymity on a single base point isn’t something we were very comfortable with. Instead we decided to get rid of the generator in the equation and use a different process to map the hash to the curve. The hash of the public is turned into a BN (Big Number) and then used as an X value on the curve. If X is not on the curve, 1 is added to it till a valid input is found. The benefits of this approach are transparency and more resistance against possible deanonymization attacks.

GUI 2.0

The graphical user interface (GUI) front-end is undergoing rapid development. It is nearly done and there is a whole list of changes and improvements thanks to crz.

A few months of work have gone into updating and preparing the GUI for the decentralized marketplace, here is the list of all changes and future plans.

Done:

• Better and cleaner overview page
  • Simplified main menu sidebar
  • Market (overview page with thumbnail listing/tables view, listings page, add item in shopping basket)
  • Restyled almost all sections in the wallet
  • Made better key management section (more logic)
  • Better send page (split in send payment/balance transfer)
  • More user-friendly tooltips in all sections
  • Tweaks / bug-fixes and more.
  • Simplified Key Management
  • Removed news (attack vector)
  • Mobile/Tablet friendly (responsive)

To-do:

• Redoing Chat inbox and Chat/Address book slide-in from right.
  • Last MP sections (e.g. user/id profile page and check-out wizard page)
  • More filters on tables (e.g. checkbox show stake on/off)
  • Better search
  • Fix Modals
  • Language filter option in the market listings

A community project has been launched of around 8 members that will cooperate to create a video tutorial series after the release of GUI 2.0. This will include basic installation instructions and will evolve to more complicated subjects as we go.

Asynchronous Indexing

Previously, whenever synchronizing your Shadow wallet with the bootstrap file, the application would become unresponsive (white screen) although it was working just fine in the background. This is an issue of the past, as we’ve implemented asynchronous indexing to load up the GUI whilst the bootstrap process is in progress. The issue made our client look ‘buggy’ which we didn’t like very much. Special thanks to dasource for this improvement!

Blockchain Download - 10 Minute Full Synchronization

While bootstrap-by-file process is faster than the normal bootstrap-by-network method, it’s still too slow for our likings. We’ve come to understand that waiting time can have a huge impact on the willingness to use a program. Most people want to use it the instant they’ve opened it and the long waiting time is a struggle, we decided to speed this process up immensely. You can now download a blockchain.zip on Github (https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain) thanks to dasource! Place the contents of this zip file into your shadowcoin folder and you’ll be in sync within 10 minutes!

Work in Progress: Tor Seed Nodes

We highly advise people to run their ShadowCash nodes through the Tor network. To make this process easier we decided to hardcode tor seed nodes in the future. This feature is not yet available in this release because our seed nodes have ShadowChat disabled. There’s a small bug that causes the CPU usage to skyrocket and we want to address that first.

Community Development

Zeuner Review

An issue raised by the community was the status of the donation funds that were exchanged for Isidor Zeuner’s cryptography review. We’re awaiting a response from Zeuner in an attempt to retrieve these funds.

Wikipedia page

We've made great advances on the wikipedia page. A lot of people worked together to lift it out of the shadows and created a draft that contains a lot more information. We're still in the process of expanding the information and increasing the readability. Anyone is free to join our Slack channels and help a hand. In joining us, you'll be learning a lot more about the mechanisms and principles behind Shadow.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Shadow_(software)

Documentation

Our documentation has been steadily growing since the start. A new set of instructions have been added to get your Shadow node running securely through Tor and more minor content has been added to expand this knowledge base. It is still under heavy development with lots of empty sections but volunteers are slowly making very good progress! We'd like to thank LiteBit for his contributions.

ShadowProject.io

Allien decided that it was time to give our project website a new look. Him and ffmad have updated the design and made enhancements to prepare translations for all of the content.
We also decided to get rid of any third party websites to free our website from tracking. Our promotional video, previously hosted on YouTube, is now self-hosted on our own servers by VideoJS. We also plan on doing this for our documentation website in order to get rid of any trackers that may come with these third party websites..

Translations

We want to thank all contributors for these translations especially sdc-linux, allien, ffmad, Tulsene and code. There was a lot to be translated text but we’ve made great progress so far we hope to continue these efforts.

Not everyone in the world can read English. By providing translations for our websites we uncover a new segment of our target audience. One could argue that the countries that currently have the biggest need for privacy and anonymity are countries where English is not widely spoken and understood.

Those who want to help our translations efforts can do so through Transifex. The languages previewed are not the only ones - you can add your own language.

Reddit Design Overhauled

We'd like to thank LiteBit for their contributions on the Reddit design, it's more beautiful than ever! https://www.reddit.com/r/shadowcash

Best Regards,
The Shadow Team

Very nice update,

this coin deserves more attention then its currently getting.

Best of luck!

My btctalk account was hack and someone quote this, please be careful with anything you download.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 01:34:41 AM

Glad I bought a boatload more while the price was down.  Grin

Big thanks to the developers!
Kewde

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 01:13:12 PM

Seems like we're staying stable @ 30k  Grin

piebeyb
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1038

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 03:15:37 PM

waiting for good news in this thread, so I could take a little for later SDC

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:10:49 PM

waiting for good news in this thread, so I could take a little for later SDC

I think the deanonym fix was preeeeeety good news.

And completely predictable good news. The best kind! Even the FUDders said it could be easily fixed.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
t824601

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 05:14:56 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2016, 06:12:07 PM by t824601

FYI, to those updating to the new wallet version, there is something with AVAS that prevents the Shadow Wallet from loading. Had to manually kill AVAS to finally get the new Wallet from working.

Just a tip for those having issue upgrading to the latest release!

Invested some more, this project could have some very solid legs. If an ecosystem comes out of it watch out!
t824601

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:03:13 AM

Anyone know whats behind the quick transactions? Sent some SDC from an exchange and got them in mere seconds. Other coins take ages, is this because there are not a lot of transaction on this chain or is there some other magic? In any case, call me impressed!
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:22:33 AM

Anyone know whats behind the quick transactions? Sent some SDC from an exchange and got them in mere seconds. Other coins take ages, is this because there are not a lot of transaction on this chain or is there some other magic? In any case, call me impressed!

Transactions should show up within seconds in your wallet.
Confirmation however can take a few minutes (Shadow runs on 60sec blocks)

On a well run block-chain this is how it should be.

^ I am with STUPID!
t824601

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:04:25 AM

Transactions should show up within seconds in your wallet.
Confirmation however can take a few minutes (Shadow runs on 60sec blocks)

On a well run block-chain this is how it should be.

Thanks for the quick reply, definitely impressive. Took just a couple of seconds. Coming from bitcoin its a very welcomed upgrade. Great work on this guys!!!
Juinyu

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:55:25 AM

Hi devs,

have you heard of Subgraph OS?

https://subgraph.com/

https://motherboard.vice.com/read/subgraph-os-wants-to-make-using-a-secure-operating-system-less-of-a-headache

https://thehackernews.com/2016/03/subgraph-secure-operating-system.html

I wonder if Subgraph OS could be a viable option for security minded people who don't like using crap like Windows for their finances.

Sandboxing the Shadow wallet, routing all traffic through I2P / Tor and denying clear net connections.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 01:39:56 AM

We actually suggest using the blockchain method, it's way faster ~10 minuters of loading time versus the hours of loading from bootstrap.
https://github.com/shadowproject/blockchain

Place the contents of the zip file into your ShadowCoin folder and you'll be good to go Smiley

Thanks for sharing this mate. I have actually found out syncing of the blockchain slow, but now I am fully synced thanks to the blockchain.zip file. At first, I had some issues trying to import bootstrap.dat file, but then I tried the blockchain zip archive and everything worked like a charm. Exciting things are coming for SDC. I can already feel it.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: