Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:02:39 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 11:04:44 AM by dasource

Amazing update!

Regarding the upgrade to this HD wallet, what's the procedure?
— Should we first create a new account via Key Management? Or just create a new address as usual and then somehow pair it with the account?

When you first load the new HD wallet it will create a new HD account for you and set it as default ... I.e. any new addresses generated will be from the default HD account (unique to you). However as this is pre-generated and not user friendly to remember I suggest you proceed to create a new account using a mnemonic sentence.

My suggestion for existing users is ...

** ALWAYS BACKUP WALLET.DAT FIRST **

STEP1

1. Save your wallet.dat and rename it.
2. Load the new Shadow Latest client
3. Create a new HD Wallet (Options --> Key Management --> New Key) - give it a "name".
4. Goto Key Management --> Advanced Management and make sure that the new "name" account is showing as "default".
5. The wallet will have pre-generated a Default normal and stealth address
6. Send some funds to test (from your old wallet)

So now I would suggest you try a restore of this account to test it!

STEP2
2. Load the Shadow Latest Client
3. Goto (Options --> Key Management --> Restore) - complete steps
4. Goto Help --> Debug --> Console and type "scanforalltxns 590000"
5. You should see your test transaction show up.

If all works, you know you have the correct mnemonic and can then go back to your old wallet and send all your funds to the new wallet.
Your new HD wallet is setup and the mnemonic sentence + optional pass-code is all you need to access all new addresses.

^ I am with STUPID!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:07:14 PM

Amazing update!

— Should we first create a new account via Key Management? Or just create a new address as usual and then somehow pair it with the account?

When you first load the new HD wallet it will create a new HD account for you and set it as default ... I.e. any new addresses generated will be from the default HD account (unique to you). However as this is pre-generated and not user friendly to remember I suggest you proceed to create a new account using a mnemonic sentence.

STEP1

2. Load the new Shadow 1.3.3.3 client
3. Create a new HD Wallet (Options --> Key Management --> New Key/Account) - give it a "name".
4. Goto Key Management --> Advanced Management and make sure that the new "name" account is showing as "default".
5. Create a new address
6. Send some funds to test (from your old wallet)

So now I would suggest you try a restore of this account to test it!

STEP2
2. Load the Shadow Client
3. Goto (Options --> Key Management --> Restore) - complete steps
4. Goto Help --> Debug --> Console and type "scanforalltxns 590000"
5. You should see your test transaction show up.

If all works, you know you have the correct mnemonic and can then go back to your old wallet and send all your funds to the new wallet.
Your new HD wallet is setup and the mnemonic sentence + optional pass-code is all you need to access all new addresses.

Great, thanks dasource. This is really key info that was missing, glad to have it!

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:30:03 PM

Amazing update!

Really? That's not a very good mnemonic sentence!  Grin

Just a friendly reminder to all about user-created passphrases: our minds are all connected, you are not that unique, and when there are 100 million Shadow users I can guarantee you I'll be able to enter the first 12 words of Jabberwocky, or Stairway To Heaven, or verses from the Bible and get my monkey paws on somebody's coins. Can't do anything like that.

Wonderful update, looking forward to firing it up, maybe tonight.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:32:34 PM

Amazing update!

Really? That's not a very good mnemonic sentence!  Grin

Just a friendly reminder to all about user-created passphrases: our minds are all connected, you are not that unique, and when there are 100 million Shadow users I can guarantee you I'll be able to enter the first 12 words of Jabberwocky, or Stairway To Heaven, or verses from the Bible and get my monkey paws on somebody's coins. Can't do anything like that.

I don't understand what you're trying to say about passphrases.
dasource

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 03:44:18 PM

Amazing update!

Really? That's not a very good mnemonic sentence!  Grin

I don't understand what you're trying to say about passphrases.

He was being cheeky! ... :p
The randomly generated 24 word mnemonic is very secure, with a high entropy ... the addition of the optional passphrase makes it even more secure ... BUT as AM mentioned please do not use a user-created mnemonic sentence unless you really really know what you are doing ...

The passphrase however you are welcome to create yourself...

^ I am with STUPID!
dasource

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:00:53 PM

I should add that the HD wallet deployment in Shadow includes BIP-0044; multi-account hierarchy for deterministic wallets ...
What this means is that you can use the same "mnemonic sentence" across all BIP44 enabled wallets giving you the benefit of having one set of backups that protects your Bitcoins and Shadows (and any others that implement it) - ofcourse it is optional and you could decide that you wish to use different mnemonic sentence for each cryto-currency.

If you have tested the Coinomi Android wallet, you can restore your mnemonic from their to the Shadow wallet and it will load the exact same addresses and balance and vice-versa.

Moving onto the "optional passphrase" .. this serves as a great additional security to protect your mnemonic sentence but one of the other great benefits is "plausible deniability" ...
You could use the same mnemonic sentence but have two (as many as you want) different passphrases .... 1. loads a wallet with very little SDC ... 2. loads your real wallet ....

^ I am with STUPID!
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:01:47 PM

Hello there,

this is too good to be true  Grin

Lets not pump the news much - money transfer in progress!

Grin

Thanks Ryno, thank u TV,
St3bas and the whole team,
and all others who have contributed to the work and promotion of Shadow Project!

The future is yours!

erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:12:32 PM

Hello there,

Grin

Thanks Ryno, thank u TV,
and all others who have contributed to the work and promotion of Shadow Project!

The future is yours!

there is less than 200k available for sale on both bittrex and polo right now.

Really the whole update was well worth the wait AS ALWAYS. THANKS DEVS! reup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM414dJEWBM

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:20:17 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 06:31:39 PM by Wanderlust

Hello there,

Grin

Thanks Ryno, thank u TV,

The future is yours!

there is less than 200k available for sale on both bittrex and polo right now.

Really the whole update was well worth the wait AS ALWAYS. THANKS DEVS! reup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM414dJEWBM

It's a good update and will restore some faith. However most of this we knew before: market alpha,mnemonic etc

I wanna know if the documentation you speak of in the blog will help Zeuner and academics, or is it more like how-to's?

Hopefully this can be answered here, either way CH will be announcing a new unmoderated Shadow thread soon.

Thanks

Would like to c more of android btw - like shadowsend, not so many herbs
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:33:00 PM

We thank u for your kind support  CH  Cheesy

Wanderlust

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:38:02 PM

We thank u for your kind support  CH  Cheesy

You talking about SQRL from S Gibson? That's got legs

LP Wink
systh

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 06:57:00 PM

[...]

Moving onto the "optional passphrase" .. this serves as a great additional security to protect your mnemonic sentence but one of the other great benefits is "plausible deniability" ...
You could use the same mnemonic sentence but have two (as many as you want) different passphrases .... 1. loads a wallet with very little SDC ... 2. loads your real wallet ....

Holy stuff, this is officialy a killer feature for me!

Wanderlust

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:02:12 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 07:14:37 PM by Wanderlust

[...]

Chill Batman - this is BIP, not SDC

Surely Shadowsend is where the action's at? Or did I miss something?

Will the documentation referred to in the update help Zeuner and others like him or is it more like how-to's?

Thanks
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:25:37 PM

[...]

Will the documentation referred to in the update help Zeuner and others like him or is it more like how-to's?

Thanks

From what I've heard it gonna be both technical documentation, and how to's., which we really need! How-to vids, hell yeah!
Wanderlust

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:46:49 PM

[...]

Thanks

From what I've heard it gonna be both technical documentation, and how to's., which we really need! How-to vids, hell yeah!

Thanks bangomatic. Could a Team member pls confirm if the tech docs spoken of will permit a thorough peer review of shadowsend's crypto scheme/implementation (like those requested by Zeuner*)?

Thanks

*with/without the compare/contrast to DS (Darksend) and CN (Cryptonote) which was further put upon him.

Shadowsend IS where the action (subject to review) is at IMO.
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:02:28 PM

wheatclove: Hey CH, why don't you enlighten us as to what Zeuner needed?

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 08:11:45 PM

Thanks bangomatic. Could a Team member pls confirm if the tech docs spoken of will permit a thorough peer review of shadowsend's crypto scheme/implementation (like those requested by Zeuner*)?

Thanks

*with/without the compare/contrast to DS (Darksend) and CN (Cryptonote) which was further put upon him.

The aim of the documentation is to provide the necessary tools for a developer to understand the project, and being able to collaborate on it.

nb: would be cool if you choose only one account, CH ...

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
systh

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:41:28 PM

[...]

Thanks

"It's just BIP"?

lOl, don't even bother..

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:08:17 PM

Thanks

The aim of the documentation is to provide the necessary tools for a developer to understand the project, and being able to collaborate on it.

nb: would be cool if you choose only one account, CH ...

In other words, as I interpret your words, and unless you say otherwise then No, these docs will Not help Zeuner and academics/cryptographers gain a deeper understanding of ShadowSendv2's crypto scheme/architecture and implementation.

If not, why not?

Incidentally was that last dev update ghost written for rynomster? rynomster is usually small caps + ryno said he'd no longer use the sdcoin account (he has his own) No big deal, just curious.

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:32:48 PM

[...]

Thanks

"It's just BIP"?

lOl, don't even bother..

Oh please do bother. Enlighten me.

Why should I be as excited about a Bitcoin Improvement Proposal (BIP) as I should be original and innovative tech, that which I hoped for so so long pending review ShadowSend might be?

Riddle me that.

The longer without review the more faith lost.

Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: