Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:04:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:00:23 PM

I did as asked and created my own SDC thread for uncensored discussions

I assume I am allowed to link to it without "triggering" anything? Here it is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200091.0
Thanks

That is not a discussion thread. That is a thread dedicated to your delusional claims of misconduct. A discussion thread would have included an unbiased introduction to SDC within the first post (maybe a copy/paste of information found in this announcement thread's OP), and your personal discussion topics posted as a reply. This post will most likely get deleted due to the fact that there is a definite bias within the first post of your new thread, serving your motive of spreading FUD.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:15:52 PM

I did as asked and created my own SDC thread for uncensored discussions

I assume I am allowed to link to it without "triggering" anything? Here it is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200091.0
Thanks

That is not a discussion thread. That is a thread dedicated to your delusional claims of misconduct. A discussion thread would have included an unbiased introduction to SDC within the first post (maybe a copy/paste of information found in this announcement thread's OP), and your personal discussion topics posted as a reply. This post will most likely get deleted due to the fact that there is a definite bias within the first post of your new thread, serving your motive of spreading FUD.

It wont get deleted.
however, child_harold you are not doing yourself or any of the sdc community any good by opening another hate thread. you are passionate about sdc, i get that, as do many others here. why not use your energy in finding a cryptographer that WILL be able to understand and review the open source code. thats the best way to move forward. id rather that be your legacy , wouldnt you?
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:27:08 PM

logic672: Never mind, the problem was that i had checked the BIP44 checkbox.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:45:29 PM

What will the advantages of making a listing on the SD market platform be vs placing one through the typical markets? Will SDC use any methods to ensure the user stays anonymous?
Kewde

Activity: 111
Merit: 15

Eat, sleep, code, repeat.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 04:54:45 PM

What will the advantages of making a listing on the SD market platform be vs placing one through the typical markets? Will SDC use any methods to ensure the user stays anonymous?

"advantages of making a listing on the SD market platform" is odd thing to say. Is there any advantage between listings? IMO all markets are the same, text and images.
But to make a listing on typical markets you need to trust the market operator, with Shadow's decentralization that problem is solved. No losing of funds.

Particl Project - https://www.particl.io/
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:59:08 PM

"advantages of making a listing on the SD market platform" is odd thing to say. Is there any advantage between listings? IMO all markets are the same, text and images.
But to make a listing on typical markets you need to trust the market operator, with Shadow's decentralization that problem is solved. No losing of funds.

Plus there's another obvious advantage - sending/receiving payments in ShadowTokens allows you to transact with a much greater degree of privacy than if you were using Bitcoin.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
rutherford

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:51:00 PM

edu-online: Glad to hear you are all excited about shadowmarket. Just wanted to share that we aim to release shadowmarket alpha next month. We will send out private invites once its ready for testing so stay tuned!

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:08:30 PM

edu-online: Glad to hear you are all excited about shadowmarket. Just wanted to share that we aim to release shadowmarket alpha next month. We will send out private invites once its ready for testing so stay tuned!

Next month? Who are you? ....rutherford...are you part of the dev team?

Can anyone else confirm SD Market will be in ALPHA stage next month?

- how will the users funds be "decentralized".....how will the escrow in SDC market be different than the ones currently on East India and other established Tor Markets?

- will there be PGP implementation for sending addresses to and from user and seller?

- what other features will SDC have to draw vendors and clients from other markets over to the SDC market.
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:24:45 PM

- how will the users funds be "decentralized".....how will the escrow in SDC market be different than the ones currently on East India and other established Tor Markets?

- will there be PGP implementation for sending addresses to and from user and seller?

- what other features will SDC have to draw vendors and clients from other markets over to the SDC market.
rutherford is an automated irc>slack>bitcointalk account.

see the recent dev update for the answers to all of your questions you sweet sweet diseased child. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg12569646#msg12569646

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:28:23 PM

Rutherford's a bot that relays messages from slack. That was edu-online the community manager and they're aiming for alpha testing to begin next month. It's in the last announcement but it was a biggie so I wouldn't be surprised if a few people missed it.

Current plan for the market development:

- ShadowCore V1.3.3.3 hardfork (19th October 00:00 GMT)
- ShadowCore GUI v2 (November 2015)
- ShadowMarket v1 (November 2015)
- Decentralized Escrow (tba)
- Voting + Feedback and rating system (tba)
- ShadowChat v2 (tba)

The decentralized escrow won't be part of the alpha version so I expect more details will be released about how it'll work when they're closer to integrating it.

No need. SDC has a built-in encrypted messaging system (which they're planning to upgrade to function with the market).

To be honest I think a well designed and well-functioning decentralized marketplace with built in encrypted messaging and a fully integrated private currency kinda sells itself.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:36:53 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 07:55:00 PM by LongAndShort

For anyone who hasent see this already here is some questions answered regarding ShadowMarket

http://aboutshadow.com/index.php/shadowmarket/q-a

If you have anymore questions you are more then welcome to and i encourage you to see that

You can make your own thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
You can participate in a discussion at slack chat :  https://shadowproject.herokuapp.com
You can also make your own thread at the Shadow specific forum : http://talk.shadowproject.io

To be heard appropiately.

Providing you are respectful, you should find all the answers you need regarding anything to do with The Shadow Project.

Here is the most recent dev update on this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg12569646#msg12569646
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:08:21 PM

Rutherford's a bot that relays messages from slack. That was edu-online the community manager and they're aiming for alpha testing to begin next month. It's in the last announcement but it was a biggie so I wouldn't be surprised if a few people missed it.

- ShadowChat v2 (tba)

The decentralized escrow won't be part of the alpha version so I expect more details will be released about how it'll work when they're closer to integrating it.

No need. SDC has a built-in encrypted messaging system (which they're planning to upgrade to function with the market).

To be honest I think a well designed and well-functioning decentralized marketplace with built in encrypted messaging and a fully integrated private currency kinda sells itself.

It terrifies me you are pushing on to the Market without peer review of ShadowSend
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:36:57 PM

- ShadowChat v2 (tba)

It terrifies me you are pushing on to the Market without peer review of ShadowSend
"If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission." -- Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
Wanderlust

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:27:12 PM

- ShadowChat v2 (tba)

"If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission." -- Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Rear Admiral? (haha) ... Too easy.
Kewde

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 09:42:13 PM

Bringing out the market will incentivize more peer reviews, so why not?
You put something out there, if there's something wrong it will be brought to attention,and they'll fix it.

The code is based on Bitcoin, so any transaction in SDC is pretty much the same as Bitcoin.
Hence for that same reason coins can't be stolen if they're in SDC and that is a fact. (Unless the vulnerability also affects Bitcoin)

Hopefully we'll attract some attention of crypto experts when the Alpha Market releases.

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:25:31 PM

Anybody attempting to review will ask the same questions as Zeuner

The code is based on Bitcoin, so any transaction in SDC is pretty much the same as Bitcoin.

Hello? Missed the point much?

rutherford

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:56:17 PM

josh: Sigh... And they will get the same answer as has been stated now over 10 times to you. " commenting the code and preparing it fully for review is not the highest consensus priority right now. However it has always been a priority. It has always been on the todo list. And when it's done you will be notified." Sinking in yet?

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Kewde

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 10:57:39 PM

Anybody attempting to review will ask the same questions as Zeuner

Your posts contain very hideous failures in terms of arguments.
That such a massive generalization that I'm really stunned anyone even dares to say something like that.

It's false what you are saying. Anybody attempting to review who is willing to spend the time searching for an explanation will be able to do a review. Zeuner wanted documentation, to which in some degree I agree would be helpful, but that was a long time ago, more information has been added over that period and still is being produced.
It took me a while to figure everything out about this nice piece of software. I still haven't figured everything out myself, doing so every day.

Hello? Missed the point much?

Missed the point?
Bitcoin provides anonimity to some degree, we have added more anonimity to it with ShadowSend. Most people are comfortable of using Bitcoin, and as the situation is at the moment, it are a lot of people.
If you don't trust bitcoin enough, then this product is not for you. Or you can take your chances, that's what the whole altcoin business is about, taking chances and being in on the ground level.

I know this will be deleted shortly, and I don't mind, but sometimes I get a laugh seeing you acting this way.

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:27:43 PM

It's false what you are saying. Anybody attempting to review who is willing to spend the time searching for an explanation will be able to do a review.

I disagree and think you're being naive.

I know this will be deleted shortly, and I don't mind, but sometimes I get a laugh seeing you acting this way.

You're OK with your posts being deleted? You shouldn't be. I can see English is not your native tongue and you represented yourself with passion. Whether i disagree with you or not is not relevant. No censorship required. Your voice should be heard.

Kewde

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 11:41:52 PM

It's false what you are saying. Anybody attempting to review who is willing to spend the time searching for an explanation will be able to do a review.

I disagree and think you're being naive.
I don't think I am. Anyone willing and smart enough to go through the source and willing to spend the time can.
For example:
https://github.com/ShadowProject/shadow/blob/master/src/ringsig.cpp

(+) Well structured
(+) Well named variable names and functions that explain the essence of what the function is supposed to do.
(-) Not spoonfed documentation on what every line of code actually does.
Seemingly that negative mark is needed to do a review, it can easily be done the reviewer and that process will eventually teach him a lot more than just spoonfed documentation, be cause they went through the proces of figuring everything out themselves. And yes there are people out there, like me, doing just that.

You're OK with your posts being deleted? You shouldn't be. I can see English is not your native tongue and you represented yourself with passion. Whether i disagree with you or not is not relevant. No censorship required. Your voice should be heard.

I'm okay with not perpetuating your horrendous argumentation, your attitude and disrespect towards people who want a constuctive conversation about this subject. You are poison in that way.
You seem to sicken the discussion every time you enter.

If you continue a discussion in behaviour that is appropriate and respectful to others, you are allowed to speak freely.
It is not your opinion that we're trying to eradicte from this topic, but rather the way you present it.

I for a fact started a truely constructive debate in slack, where we're actually having a real discussion about this topic and it's been clean so far, different opinions but nobody is getting shunned.

Pages: « 1 ... 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 [476] 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: