Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 02:34:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2016, 05:53:41 AM

Does anybody know why I am stuck on this block - I was stuck on a previous block but read on a forum what to do and it proceeded to sync until it got to this block - now I have no idea how to get it synced.

Get the latest UMBRA client  & then sync fast using https://shadowproject.io/en/tutorials/fast-sync-blockchain

Ducati848

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:16:32 AM

New Umbra wallet downloaded and syncing - stuck on the exact same f#%^%& block.  This is infuriating - why is block 1,000,234 Satan's lovechild
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 10:31:03 AM

New Umbra wallet downloaded and syncing - stuck on the exact same f#%^%& block.  This is infuriating - why is block 1,000,234 Satan's lovechild

Did you sync'ed via blockchain download?

Get the latest UMBRA client  & then sync fast using https://shadowproject.io/en/tutorials/fast-sync-blockchain

That solves a lot of issues.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
lawgicc

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 07:29:46 PM

To everyone new to SDC (or any cryptocurrency for that matter ) , Please I urge you to not click ANY links posted by ANYONE rather than the developers. Do not even click a re-quoted link of a developer as this is how I was hacked for 55,000+ SDC.

Do not trust anyone on these forums. They are toxic , full of greedy people , social engineering you out of your crypto. Be smart.

ps. the Devs of SDC did nothing when I was blatantly hacked from someone in this thread. still after a year , nada. Brushed  it under the rug. Funny how I was in the top 10 richlist at the time , & for some reason they couldn't immediately re-roll the blockchain when this occurred.

not pointing fingers

stating facts

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
The-C-Word

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:01:16 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 11:31:48 PM by The-C-Word

To everyone new to SDC (or any cryptocurrency for that matter ) , Please I urge you to not click ANY links posted by ANYONE rather than the developers. Do not even click a re-quoted link of a developer as this is how I was hacked for 55,000+ SDC.

Do not trust anyone on these forums. They are toxic , full of greedy people , social engineering you out of your crypto. Be smart.

ps. the Devs of SDC did nothing when I was blatantly hacked from someone in this thread. still after a year , nada. Brushed  it under the rug. Funny how I was in the top 10 richlist at the time , & for some reason they couldn't immediately re-roll the blockchain when this occurred.

not pointing fingers

stating facts

This is crypto. YOU are responsible for the safety of your funds. Not a bank, not a third party, not the Developers, YOU. Just stating facts.  It's unfortunate that you were hacked and I do believe everyone should heed your warnings and download from official links only.  Devs aren't going to rollback the blockchain every time someone gets hacked, sends to a bad address, or has a corrupted wallet.  Being in the rich list is irrelevant, it just means you need to be that much more careful with your funds.

You having to deal with the consequences of your actions does not mean your issue was "swept under the rug".
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:13:07 PM

ps. the Devs of SDC did nothing when I was blatantly hacked from someone in this thread. still after a year , nada. Brushed  it under the rug. Funny how I was in the top 10 richlist at the time , & for some reason they couldn't immediately re-roll the blockchain when this occurred.

not pointing fingers

stating facts

This is crypto. YOU are responsible for the safety of your funds. Not a bank, not a third party, not the Developers, YOU. Just stating facts.  It's unfortunate that your were hacked and I do believe everyone should heed your warnings regarding downloading from official links only.  Devs aren't going to rollback the blockchain every time someone gets hacked, sends to a bad address, or has a corrupted wallet.  Being in the rich list is irrelevant, it just means you need to be that much more careful with your funds.

You having to deal with the consequences of your actions does not mean your issue was "swept under the rug".

Very well said!

I believe Etherium is the only crypto to hard fork because of a loss.

If you want big brother to protect your money, keep it in a bank. If you want to be responsible for your funds, and not have to ask permission to move or withdraw them, crypto is the answer.

Anyone with a conscience feels bad when someone gets hacked. It is a tough lesson to learn, but childish to blame anyone but yourself for the mistake.

There are usually ways to figure out who the crook was, and if there is any justice they will be watching their back for a very long time until someone catches up to them and makes them pay with severe interest.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 02:46:40 AM

Very well said!

If you want big brother to protect your money, keep it in a bank. If you want to be responsible for your funds, and not have to ask permission to move or withdraw them, crypto is the answer.

Anyone with a conscience feels bad when someone gets hacked. It is a tough lesson to learn, but childish to blame anyone but yourself for the mistake.

There are usually ways to figure out who the crook was, and if there is any justice they will be watching their back for a very long time until someone catches up to them and makes them pay with severe interest.

No ETH was not the only.  Vericoin is another coin to rollback and I believe the first one.  Been a couple years now and swept under the rug since their new ICO venture was getting started.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-protected-vericoin-stolen-mintpal-wallet-breach/
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 02, 2016, 06:54:56 PM

Very well said!

No ETH was not the only.  Vericoin is another coin to rollback and I believe the first one.  Been a couple years now and swept under the rug since their new ICO venture was getting started.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-protected-vericoin-stolen-mintpal-wallet-breach/

Forgot about that one. I can see the temptation to do a roll back, but as an investor it would be a complete turnoff. Unfortunately law enforcement doesn't take crypto theft very seriously unless it involves a regulated exchange that deals in fiat.
lawgicc

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2016, 10:30:36 PM

ps. the Devs of SDC did nothing when I was blatantly hacked from someone in this thread. still after a year , nada. Brushed  it under the rug. Funny how I was in the top 10 richlist at the time , & for some reason they couldn't immediately re-roll the blockchain when this occurred.

not pointing fingers

stating facts

This is crypto. YOU are responsible for the safety of your funds. Not a bank, not a third party, not the Developers, YOU. Just stating facts.  It's unfortunate that you were hacked and I do believe everyone should heed your warnings and download from official links only.  Devs aren't going to rollback the blockchain every time someone gets hacked, sends to a bad address, or has a corrupted wallet.  Being in the rich list is irrelevant, it just means you need to be that much more careful with your funds.

Lol I didn't know I was responsible for phishing links on a moderated forum. Yes it is my fault for trusting a forum like this. An official forum loaded with DClogs injected into exact replica shadowcash wallet-qts. You are 100% correct. That is why I am giving a warning to everyone. This coin has much potential. I have yet to bash SDC since I was hacked.  Just letting everyone know , the wallet-qt that was injected launched perfectly fine & had no idea I was infected until I woke up with 2 transactions totaling 55k+ SDC gone. I asked for an immediate re-roll as I had been a SDC supporter since its launch , mined SDC , but nothing. Then someone in the forum told me to go to my roaming folder/SDC & DClogs was found. There was another Trojan but I cannot recall it off my head aka my computer was 100% ass raped. So I returned it to Costco. LOL .. Buy a brand new XPS to get hacked within 2 hours. Someones computer is now apart of a botnet I suppose. Hopefully Costco knows how to dban.

Remember to check not only links but ur apps data/roaming shadowcash for them DClogs. Not trying to FUD. Its awesome that my 15k investment is now worth 80k. Feels awesome. Lesson learned.

ps. they got access to my password once I started staking my coins. start copying & pasting your password when entering it to stake to ensure a little more safety.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 12:36:44 AM

not pointing fingers

stating facts

Lol I didn't know I was responsible for phishing links on a moderated forum. Yes it is my fault for trusting a forum like this. An official forum loaded with DClogs injected into exact replica shadowcash wallet-qts. You are 100% correct. That is why I am giving a warning to everyone. This coin has much potential. I have yet to bash SDC since I was hacked.  Just letting everyone know , the wallet-qt that was injected launched perfectly fine & had no idea I was infected until I woke up with 2 transactions totaling 55k+ SDC gone. I asked for an immediate re-roll as I had been a SDC supporter since its launch , mined SDC , but nothing. Then someone in the forum told me to go to my roaming folder/SDC & DClogs was found. There was another Trojan but I cannot recall it off my head aka my computer was 100% ass raped. So I returned it to Costco. LOL .. Buy a brand new XPS to get hacked within 2 hours. Someones computer is now apart of a botnet I suppose. Hopefully Costco knows how to dban.

Remember to check not only links but ur apps data/roaming shadowcash for them DClogs. Not trying to FUD. Its awesome that my 15k investment is now worth 80k. Feels awesome. Lesson learned.

ps. they got access to my password once I started staking my coins. start copying & pasting your password when entering it to stake to ensure a little more safety.

Did they steal only sdc coins from your pc or also other coins?
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:20:24 AM

Forgot about that one. I can see the temptation to do a roll back, but as an investor it would be a complete turnoff. Unfortunately law enforcement doesn't take crypto theft very seriously unless it involves a regulated exchange that deals in fiat.

I agree, if a coin can be rolled back who knows what that will open the door to? Defeats decentralization.

As I understand it the devs had an even bigger loss from a tip jar, not clear whether it was theft or a mishandled wallet, but they didn't even attempt it when it was their own money.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:29:08 PM

With ZK snarks (Zcash) coming up this year and RingCT (Monero) in January, how will this effect Shadow?

I think Shadow will be able to continue to take advantage because they have built from the right foundation.  It has positioned itself perfectly to take advantage of any advances in this space and putting ring sigs on the bitcoin codebase was a masterstroke imo.  And that can be seen by the lack of progress over the last two years by the other coins as most development is on the btc codebase after all. 

RingCT could be plugged in within a matter of days and if ZK snarks gets of the ground then that could also be used.  Its a wait and see game at the moment but from what I can see, nobody is going to catch up to Shadow anytime soon.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:35:08 PM

Feels good to be right sometimes.

Good work team, your dedication to something you believe in has always been inspiring. Stay strong, stay vigilant. Its now time to tighten up security!

P.S Hope you're all well mates!
rustynailer

Activity: 725

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:42:45 PM

Feels good to be right sometimes.

Good work team, your dedication to something you believe in has always been inspiring. Stay strong, stay vigilant. Its now time to tighten up security!

P.S Hope you're all well mates!

I never doubted you and the team here Smiley
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:57:51 PM

dadon: hope you also L and S no hard feelings about before i hope.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
b.b.2k16

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 04:24:05 PM

I have extracted the events from the original thread during the PoW period, save anyone time who wish to find out more about what happened during those weeks.

https://www.scribd.com/document/326344632/Chronological-Order-of-Events-for-SDC-During-PoW-Mining-Period-Extracted-From-Bitcointalk-org
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 12:18:59 PM

Monero Loses Darknet Market in Apparent Exit Scam. Reason to switch to SDC

http://cryptohermes.blogspot.lt/2016/10/monero-loses-darknet-market-in-apparent.html

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Diego24

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:21:34 PM

http://cryptohermes.blogspot.lt/2016/10/monero-loses-darknet-market-in-apparent.html
So this couldn't have happened to SDC ?
Diplo

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:25:59 PM

So this couldn't have happened to SDC ?

No, and that's the beautify of the Shadow platform.  It's decentralized; no group can run off with your funds and shut down the platform.  With Monero relying on centralized dark net markets, this will keep happening to them over time.
c1791

Activity: 254
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 04:27:47 PM

shadow cash will rise soon
Pages: « 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: