Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:58:35 AM

still no response to the hack of my 55k sdc. lul

What response are you looking for?

Are you implying devs are responsible for you clicking on malware-infected link from quoted post? What do you think they can do? This is not ETH where devs could roll-back the chain as they please.

Btw I'm not flaming, I'm curiously asking what's your point.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Diego24

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:13:38 PM

He is looking for someone to blame. A lot of people use this strategy  Cheesy
docker

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:15:19 PM

Umbra uh?
dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 01:16:55 PM

He is looking for someone to blame. A lot of people use this strategy  Cheesy

SDC is the next POT

But SDC has many usecases unlike potcoin

Soon SDC at 0.01, also SDC is 1/10th of XMR marketcap
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:10:49 PM

Does someone has information about SDC listing on Chinese exchanges?

Not yet, but there will be some news this week. Maybe it's about Chinese exchanges.

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 02:39:16 PM

Does someone has information about SDC listing on Chinese exchanges?

Not yet, but there will be some news this week. Maybe it's about Chinese exchanges.

This post made me Legendary Smiley

vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:38:23 PM

10x rise is an ultra conservative projection. If DASH and XMR's growth is an indicator of future growth then we could see a rise never before seen in the anon vertical once the marketplace has commerce.
Oh God, here we go again. The typical cheerleading talk on bitcointalk threads. Lets just be happy if the price goes up 2x and lets than look further to 10x. In the past week I learned the hard way to not listen to posters happy talk on bitcointalk forums. If you do this as an investor, you will get burned.

SDC has already done what many other coins were expected to do.

In the beginning I was very quiet about SDC, but I strongly urged my family and close friends to invest. Now it is no longer cheer-leading, it is pointing out the obvious. In fact it is easy to laugh when I see people selling SDC at these prices, or someone suggesting investors will get burned. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but this is as close to a sure thing as I've seen since I got involved in crypto back in 2012.
This is just the beginning for SDC, and I would strongly suggest not letting FUD prevent anyone from being part of a very bright future.
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:40:02 PM

Is there any other crypto using 2 #blockchains? the little I know, the Nav is unique, or am I wrong?

Shadow has 1 blockchain with 2 forms of currency equal to one another in value. SDC (traceable like bitcoin) and SDT (anonymous - uses ring signatures similar to cryptonote based coins). One can convert SDC into SDT for untraceable transactions or use SDC when privacy is not required. I personally don't see the two blockchain concept being superior to Shadow unless there is peer review on the concept proving otherwise. The ring signature schema is proven and peer reviewed cryptography unlike the two chains system deployed here in relation to anonymity. Peer review exposes system weakness and explores various threat models that lead to better cryptography and thus better privacy for everyone using the software. This article goes over the concept deployed by Shadow in detail.

https://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/01/28/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymity/

Bitcoin permits pegged sidechaining which is a similar concept in that assets can be transferred between two multiple blockchains.

https://www.blockstream.com/sidechains.pdf

With NAV Decentralization coming which then gives an opportunity for Peer review and Thunderclap campaign on October 20th https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/47929-navcoin-powered-by-the-people.
Regardless to say we support the SDC community and they support us the NAV community. We are both in the Anon game. We are changing Privacy for the better and that's a good thing. All good things come to our Long Term Investors . Patience is the Key
lawgicc

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 02:10:40 AM

Are you implying devs are responsible for you clicking on malware-infected link from quoted post? What do you think they can do? This is not ETH where devs could roll-back the chain as they please.

ETH isnt the only coin to do a reroll.

Just a simple explanation as to why there were malware-infected links on a moderated forum & maybe a simple apology. lol. Seems sus to me. *cough*inside job*cough*

Never have i asked for a roll back. Just a response. I mean 55k  SDC is nothing, i forgot. Brush it under the rug & move along. Thats a good way to keep investors. A+ job

On 6 August 2010, a major vulnerability in the bitcoin protocol was spotted. Transactions weren't properly verified before they were included in the transaction log or "block chain" which let users bypass bitcoin's economic restrictions and create an indefinite number of bitcoins.[16][17] On 15 August, the vulnerability was exploited; over 184 billion bitcoins were generated in a transaction, and sent to two addresses on the network. Within hours, the transaction was spotted and erased from the transaction log after the bug was fixed and the network forked to an updated version of the bitcoin protocol.[18][19] This was the only major security flaw found and exploited in Bitcoin's history.[16][17] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin

Bitcoin was re-rolled at its early stages as well. I was hacked when SDC merely launched. Possible to fix the 55k SDC hack? yes. Did they want to at the time when I was asking every dev / person in this thread for help? Nope.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 02:41:24 AM

Just a simple explanation as to why there were malware-infected links on a moderated forum & maybe a simple apology. lol. Seems sus to me. *cough*inside job*cough*

Never have i asked for a roll back. Just a response. I mean 55k  SDC is nothing, i forgot. Brush it under the rug & move along. Thats a good way to keep investors. A+ job

On 6 August 2010, a major vulnerability in the bitcoin protocol was spotted. Transactions weren't properly verified before they were included in the transaction log or "block chain" which let users bypass bitcoin's economic restrictions and create an indefinite number of bitcoins.[16][17] On 15 August, the vulnerability was exploited; over 184 billion bitcoins were generated in a transaction, and sent to two addresses on the network. Within hours, the transaction was spotted and erased from the transaction log after the bug was fixed and the network forked to an updated version of the bitcoin protocol.[18][19] This was the only major security flaw found and exploited in Bitcoin's history.[16][17] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bitcoin

Bitcoin was re-rolled at its early stages as well. I was hacked when SDC merely launched. Possible to fix the 55k SDC hack? yes. Did they want to at the time when I was asking every dev / person in this thread for help? Nope.

As far as I know this thread is not moderated. At least I have never seen any posts altered, or removed (could be wrong, but as memory serves). Anyone is free to say, or post what they wish. I think that speaks highly for the SDC team, as they are not intimidated by those who have done their best to disrupt things. That being said, I think it sucks that you lost a lot of coins. It has happened to me too back in 2013, and it is an expensive lesson. The bottom line is NO ONE is responsible for what links you click on, or trojans you download. On a public forum like Bitcointalk, the risk is much higher. I've seen many examples here. Nothing has been brushed under the rug, and I would be the first in line to string the hacker up by the nuts if given the opportunity. But this has zero to do with keeping investors, and everything to do with personal responsibility. If they had re-rolled the blockchain you might be happy, but it would be unfair to everyone else. Then SDC would lose credibility.

Your best option is to learn from the experience, and move forward.
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 03:47:02 AM

As far as I know this thread is not moderated. At least I have never seen any posts altered, or removed (could be wrong, but as memory serves). Anyone is free to say, or post what they wish. I think that speaks highly for the SDC team, as they are not intimidated by those who have done their best to disrupt things. That being said, I think it sucks that you lost a lot of coins. It has happened to me too back in 2013, and it is an expensive lesson. The bottom line is NO ONE is responsible for what links you click on, or trojans you download. On a public forum like Bitcointalk, the risk is much higher. I've seen many examples here. Nothing has been brushed under the rug, and I would be the first in line to string the hacker up by the nuts if given the opportunity. But this has zero to do with keeping investors, and everything to do with personal responsibility. If they had re-rolled the blockchain you might be happy, but it would be unfair to everyone else. Then SDC would lose credibility.

Your best option is to learn from the experience, and move forward.

I agree fully. It is my responsiblity 100%. again you are missing my point.

Please explain how it would be unfair for everyone when a cryptocurrency that just launched for them to reroll their blockchain? How is that unfair, I am very curious, I dont understand? I asked them to do it the MOMENT it happened. Hardly if anyone wouldve been affected. A re roll right now, yes it would fuck SDC up badly. This hack happened over a year ago when SDC was 15k-30k sats.....................

And yes, posts have been removed, i have screenshots this thread is moderated. The post with the malware infected link soon happened to disappear right after it happened. Dont talk to me about deleted posts on this thread. lul

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
poptartcat

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:47:27 AM

As far as I know this thread is not moderated.

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

It says it on the top of every page.
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 04:30:26 AM

As far as I know this thread is not moderated.

It says it on the top of every page.

None of this makes sense. Yes i got hacked for being a high dumbass. Trusting a supposedly trustworthy forum thats not trustworthy as stated above was completely my fault. I am past that.

I just want an explanation to what i previously posted. No beating around the bush type bs. No sugar coated bs. Like i said before.

I just dont feel as if i was treated correctly after being one of the top SDC supporters since launch. I mined SDC.. BTC & SDC were the only coins I held. I stopped trading cause of all the scams. Then to get hacked on the forum of the coin i supported most , to get no support in return. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
rutherford

Activity: 624

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:53:51 AM

extremistan: I think the devs are busy doing something productive, like building the platform. I'm sorry to hear about your mistake but I promise you no explanation or "sorry that happened on our forum" will bring back those coins. If the devs had to take time out of their day to deal with every mishap, they'd never get anything done. So take the apology from our community as a whole and let's move forward. Smiley

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 05:25:02 AM

extremistan: I think the devs are busy doing something productive, like building the platform. I'm sorry to hear about your mistake but I promise you no explanation or "sorry that happened on our forum" will bring back those coins. If the devs had to take time out of their day to deal with every mishap, they'd never get anything done. So take the apology from our community as a whole and let's move forward. Smiley

55k SDC hack on their own moderated thread isnt an every day mishap. But ok. Appreciate it.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
rutherford

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 06:19:28 AM

extremistan: They can't sit there and babysit everything, it's not reasonable to expect that. And technically the hack didn't happen on the thread, it happened outside their system. I understand you being upset but lay off the devs. Everyone in crypto knows YOU are responsible for your own coins (gains AND losses). Devs aren't out here supposed to be playing law enforcement. That's the blessing and curse of crypto, I'm afraid.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
lawgicc

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 06:33:43 AM

extremistan: They can't sit there and babysit everything, it's not reasonable to expect that. And technically the hack didn't happen on the thread, it happened outside their system. I understand you being upset but lay off the devs. Everyone in crypto knows YOU are responsible for your own coins (gains AND losses). Devs aren't out here supposed to be playing law enforcement. That's the blessing and curse of crypto, I'm afraid.

My fault if it came off as an attack at the devs. Once again ill say it again, i am completely aware of my lethargic self at the time of the hack. Just wanted an explanation. Even  a "youre a n3rd pleb faggit that doesnt know how to internet" response would be fine. Ill leave this thread because i wont get a response. Goodluck trading/holding folks. SDC market should be dope if it drops.

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
rutherford

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:03:58 PM

extremistan: I understand where you are coming from. I dont think you'll get much of a response from them for a while because they really are busy working on developing the platform.  They rarely have time to come on the forums and post.  Sorry to hear about your misfortune, though, always sucks when stuff like that happens.

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:32:38 PM

Only a total of 21k coins up for sale at trex and 176K at polo, I dont think anyone want to sell before the market lands
ontopicplease

Activity: 778

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 03:40:41 PM

Just downloaded the umbra client, but I see no option to attach a key ( password) to the wallet.
Anyone an idea?
Thanks for helping
Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: