Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:35:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Millionairedog

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:44:59 AM

shadow shadow
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

Roadmap says shadowlite is delivered in Sept. so I will download it and try that one, sounds good....where is the link to download?

The link download is just under the roadmap those logos are the download buttons under the big heading that says DOWNLOADS Smiley

Yeah I was obviously looking for the shadowlite android wallet download link, you retard.

TBH you are a senior member that acts like a newbie, and sebSebastian is a newbie that acts like a senior member. You'd do well to walk in Seb's shoes.

Good luck, asshole.

really? so u come here to insult people? guy tried to explain and help and you just proved how big newbie you are.

Yeah I only said that to Longandshort, not the whole community.  Longandshort was in some other coin threads name calling so if he want to have respect he must earn it.  I thought Longandshort was a squared away trooper, but he is just another noob acting, senior member, and SDC troll.

I beg you pardon?

Longandshort is a very respected member of our community.  He has been helpful to the coin and never got into trouble with anyone.

Your behavior is not correct, it has nothing to do with him and sending me an inbox to bad mouth him is puerile. I hope you are just trolling and don't behave like this in real life, cause otherwise I'll be worried for your social life and skills.

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 02:46:26 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 02:57:23 PM by LongAndShort

As I'm going to buy a Android phone will there be an option to install shadowGo without external storage on the phone Huh

Sure as long as your phone has enough storage space on it to hold the chain

Really? How much storage space does the SDC block chain need?

Edit: Maybe I should just try it myself and report my findings back here. Yes I will do that.

OMG at the rate this blockchain is downloading, I figure it will take 14-16 hrs. on 4g connection  Cry

Fuck it, I will use up all my data for the month. I cant believe this shit...

Hi LongandShort!  

You insist on Trolling XST so here you go...

I'm not trolling anyone. some of you are toxic and are doing just fine by yourselves. I'm concerned though, what happens when you find out that stealthcoin dev cant achieve what he is trying to with ring signatures. Because that crap effects the entire alt coin industry. You, that and him deleting peoples copyright from their code and putting his own and then his community condoning it!..Its vaporware and i'm  really concerned you guys are going to all get hurt. It does not matter whether i like you or not, it effects us all!

I expressed those facts and gave proof to the copyright, that is what this open source thing is about. People scrutinize, find issues and they get fixed and everything gets stronger and the standard lifts and people most importantly, learn. It builds integrity. But you just come here with childish play and to think people cant see what an infant you are being. That is the scary part! Because that crap doesn't fly with this community. It is strong and mature and the contrast is blinding!

pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:03:30 PM

CHeck that sexy... Organic Growth with some ascending Wedges, Were looking really healthy right now... When the Surge comes it will be epic because of this all natural growth we have been having!!! Cant wait for ZK to drop soon

whats your prediction for the pump after ZK drops?

I cant really chart that until it drops and we start seeing some action... then I can use some tools to tell where its going Cheesy... I dont like taking a shot in the dark when it comes to charts so I honestly cant say until then
thewarners777

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:22:15 PM

CHeck that sexy... Organic Growth with some ascending Wedges, Were looking really healthy right now... When the Surge comes it will be epic because of this all natural growth we have been having!!! Cant wait for ZK to drop soon

whats your prediction for the pump after ZK drops?

I cant really chart that until it drops and we start seeing some action... then I can use some tools to tell where its going Cheesy... I dont like taking a shot in the dark when it comes to charts so I honestly cant say until then

what tools do you use?
pookielax31

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 03:24:40 PM

Bunch of different indicators, nothing special just some TA Im learning from courses....they seem to always works out nice  Wink
pookielax31

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:09:44 PM

pookielax31

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:45:11 PM

snip

Reminds me of the time your mom had to hang a steak around your neck to get the dog to play with you...
just fucking sad.

Hahah your invested in Dark which has an exploit that was used on itself already, and XST which is vaporwear... enjoy you fucking joke of a "trader"
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:48:43 PM

If people are trolling the thread, best just ignore them. Then they'll have to slither away to find someone else's tears to feed on.  Cheesy

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:38:30 PM

If people are trolling the thread, best just ignore them. Then they'll have to slither away to find someone else's tears to feed on.  Cheesy

+1
Should don't care
I want cheap SDC too

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
erok

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:10:35 PM

or maybe this heavy ass blockchain caused a glitch at mintpal?  Just wait til zk-snarks add to the heft... Tongue

How big is the blockchain exactly Omaha?

And I wouldn't blame SDC for what is happening at mintpal lol. I have a standing open ticket over there that hasn't been touched in two days about some stuck btc that I tried to withdraw.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
SebSebastian

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:12:16 PM

If people are trolling the thread, best just ignore them. Then they'll have to slither away to find someone else's tears to feed on.  Cheesy

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
SebSebastian

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:26:07 PM

Hey guys,

How updating wallet.dat properly when staking ?
As I understood every send transaction you need to update the wallet.dat so you won't lose any address , how is this with staking because I did it always manually before staking...

Reposting this so someone else can chime in and because it looked like it was going to get buried.  

I found a question posted on the bitcoin section of stack exchange (TIL stack exchange has a bitcoin section!) asking how often to back up.
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/13277/how-frequently-should-one-update-wallet-backup

But I realize that's not especially helpful as you were asking about how staking would effect things. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think staking in itself leads to more addresses being generated, and if that's the case then the advice to back up roughly every 50 txs should be pretty sound. I usually do it once a month or so, but I haven't moved my coins around much.

It'd be great if we had a HD wallet like Electrum where all your private keys can be regenerated from a starting phrase, has anyone seen any other alts with that yet?

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:36:14 PM

investors are watching SDC chart

https://twitter.com/vangainvest/status/519874511135858690

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:36:52 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 06:48:53 PM by LongAndShort

Hey guys,

As I understood every send transaction you need to update the wallet.dat so you won't lose any address , how is this with staking because I did it always manually before staking...

Reposting this so someone else can chime in and because it looked like it was going to get buried.  

I found a question posted on the bitcoin section of stack exchange (TIL stack exchange has a bitcoin section!) asking how often to back up.
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/13277/how-frequently-should-one-update-wallet-backup

But I realize that's not especially helpful as you were asking about how staking would effect things. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think staking in itself leads to more addresses being generated, and if that's the case then the advice to back up roughly every 50 txs should be pretty sound. I usually do it once a month or so, but I haven't moved my coins around much.

It'd be great if we had a HD wallet like Electrum where all your private keys can be regenerated from a starting phrase, has anyone seen any other alts with that yet?

You mean brain wallets?

SebSebastian

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:43:28 PM

Hey guys,

You mean brain wallets?

Yeah exact same thing but I think with brain wallets you can choose your own starting phrase, whereas with electrum etc. it's generated by the wallet. It doesn't make much difference as long as it's complex enough, but at least if the wallet does it it's idiot-proof. I had a wee sniff about, seems Reddcoin are going to develop one. http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2b33e5/posv_release_candidate_2_chess_and_future/

00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:45:58 PM

[quote author=O_Omaha link=topic=745352.msg9131507#msg9131507 date=1412790113

or maybe this heavy ass blockchain caused a glitch at mintpal?  Just wait til zk-snarks add to the heft... Tongue

[/quote]

You do realize that as coins go on their respective blockchains get bigger yes? How big is xst's?

Have you even seen the size of bitcoins blockchain?
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:49:02 PM

You can change your keypool to 1000 if you want keypool=1000 -keypool=1000 I have encountered strange things when you run out of key addresses and you are still mining blocks (primecoin) but only if you have two or more of the same wallet.dat running on two different nodes and you start sending coins from the wallet you don't use to mine with it starts to place the change in keys another wallet does not control and creates huge issues and coins usually disappear and don't show correctly

but what happens in a wallet.dat is not really important if you know what you are doing because the coins are actually on the blockchain and not in the wallet.dat they are as you know just the keys to the blockchain and should be treated as such! but when you run out of keys on one wallet.dat and the other still has some and you send coins around the change gets put back into an address the other wallet.dat might not own

My advice is not have the same wallet staking on more then one node to avoid these issues and yes back them up every so often its not really that important or necessary though.

If you have one backup from when you first made the wallet then that is enough forever. To be able to control those coins i usually backup a wallet when i make new addresses but never use them unless i have an issue kinda like a system restore point or points you can check to see what programs are effected i note the same things fro each backup.

SVN rev 163 (ver 0.3.13.3) has the key pool feature.  Pre-generated new keys are aged in a queue before use, so that backups of wallet.dat hold keys you'll use in the future.

For now I made the default pool size 100.  It can be configured with -keypool=.  Be aware, it takes a little time to increase the pool size, so don't go crazy with it.  Disk space is about 1K per key.

I have not addressed the recovery side of this yet.  If you actually did restore an old wallet.dat, I think you may have to delete blk*.dat to rediscover your own transactions during the redownload.

I've only tested this moderately.  You might not want to use this for a website server until it's had some more testing.
4M8B

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:19:32 PM

You can change your keypool to 1000 if you want keypool=1000 -keypool=1000 I have encountered strange things when you run out of key addresses and you are still mining blocks (primecoin) but only if you have two or more of the same wallet.dat running on two different nodes and you start sending coins from the wallet you don't use to mine with it starts to place the change in keys another wallet does not control and creates huge issues and coins usually disappear and don't show correctly

but what happens in a wallet.dat is not really important if you know what you are doing because the coins are actually on the blockchain and not in the wallet.dat they are as you know just the keys to the blockchain and should be treated as such! but when you run out of keys on one wallet.dat and the other still has some and you send coins around the change gets put back into an address the other wallet.dat might not own

My advice is not have the same wallet staking on more then one node to avoid these issues and yes back them up every so often its not really that important or necessary though.

If you have one backup from when you first made the wallet then that is enough forever. To be able to control those coins i usually backup a wallet when i make new addresses but never use them unless i have an issue kinda like a system restore point or points you can check to see what programs are effected i note the same things fro each backup.

SVN rev 163 (ver 0.3.13.3) has the key pool feature.  Pre-generated new keys are aged in a queue before use, so that backups of wallet.dat hold keys you'll use in the future.

For now I made the default pool size 100.  It can be configured with -keypool=.  Be aware, it takes a little time to increase the pool size, so don't go crazy with it.  Disk space is about 1K per key.

I have not addressed the recovery side of this yet.  If you actually did restore an old wallet.dat, I think you may have to delete blk*.dat to rediscover your own transactions during the redownload.

I've only tested this moderately.  You might not want to use this for a website server until it's had some more testing.

Thanks for the info
4M8B

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:20:43 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info 2 I had the keypool option already in some daemons but forgot about it lol ...
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: