Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:11:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289613 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:56:07 AM

Tbh the whole sdc to shadow thing and shadow to shadow is way to confusing.
Just call the button: "anonymize coins" or something.

Good job tho, true recolution
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:37:52 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 10:00:35 AM by Alty

Quick shadow question: How do you convert your Shadow to SDC in your wallet? I can't find a button for that.

I've been able to convert (in wallet) Shadow to SDC by sending Shadow to one of my stealth addresses using the same technique from the following vid (minus the secondary wallet).

Demo 3:

Shadow to SDC

https://mega.co.nz/#!TdVkjADT!lMZgQPl89T8NW1T12a7CRHZNbn88-RqqnXhTuj9YSQM

Only the fees appear visible in the transaction history if you send to self however you can verify the success of the conversion by noting balances in Shadow and SDC beforehand.

Is Alty being part of the SDC team?
He is such a big threat for the crypto community.
He fucked several crypto investors with his big scam Cloakcoin.
Hype, empty promises, broken incomplete code, insider trading and then disapperead.

I have nothing to do with the SDC team I just try to help out where I can.

While we are on the subject; Cloakcoin was never a scam.

Anon via exchanges worked as did trading in wallet to an exchange. Both a first.

It had unfinished code yes because the coders didn't have time or funds to finish properly given the constraints imposed by the market following the dumping.

DRK has been broken over and over and yet they've somehow been able to keep their head above water... unfortunately that luxury is very rare.

As for broken promises... I wasn't the coder... I just did my job of representing the coin and promoted the concepts that the devs presented to me.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:12:11 AM

thanks for making these vids. could you/someone upload to youtube/vimeo?

thanks

p.s. if nobody else does it I'll upload them on Boxing Day \o/

child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:20:25 AM

There are also chances that you missed some things...

I like the fact that you are tech savvy, but I cannot help myself to think your method is starting to be a bit socially inappropriate in term of behavior. You've made your point several time, and it's normal that the community is defending the work (and the thread!). Now perhaps ask SDCdev directly your questions and/or come back later maybe?

I guess he's the best one to talk with, after all, the community is only the community and the dev is the dev Smiley.

If you still wanna discuss with the community otherwise maybe  #shadowcash  would be better?

Amen brother!
Ryno will take care of business*  Cool

*and once he does we can wave goodbye to this joke ~25k price.

BTW: I was having a drink with an early XMR adopter last night. He has hedged now with my advice and acquired some SDC. During our convo he explained XMR still doesn't have a gui wallet and that transactions must be sent using CLI (terminal sessions). He uses an XMR web wallet (albeit controlling the keys himself).

I was like… huh?

No need for RSVP… just putting that out there.

ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:34:08 AM

Quick shadow question: How do you convert your Shadow to SDC in your wallet? I can't find a button for that.

I've been able to convert (in wallet) Shadow to SDC by sending Shadow to one of my stealth addresses using the same technique from the following vid (minus the secondary wallet).

Demo 3:

Shadow to SDC

https://mega.co.nz/#!TdVkjADT!lMZgQPl89T8NW1T12a7CRHZNbn88-RqqnXhTuj9YSQM

Only the fees appear visible in the transaction history if you send to self however you can verify the success of the conversion by noting balances in Shadow and SDC beforehand.

Is Alty being part of the SDC team?
He is such a big threat for the crypto community.
He fucked several crypto investors with his big scam Cloakcoin.
Hype, empty promises, broken incomplete code, insider trading and then disapperead.

I have nothing to do with the SDC team I just try to help out where I can.

While we are on the subject; Cloakcoin was never a scam.

Anon via exchanges worked as did trading in wallet to an exchange. Both a first.

It had unfinished code yes because the coders didn't have time or funds to finish properly given the constraints imposed by the market following the dumping.

DRK has been broken over and over and yet they've somehow been able to keep their head above water... unfortunately that luxury is very rare.

As for broken promises... I wasn't the coder... I just did my job of representing the coin and promoted the concepts that the devs presented to me.

I was a CLK supporter. Sorry about what happened but I never thought alty was a scammer. The big pump & dumps can destroy. And not all coins that happens to are started by scammers but taken advantage of by fks that shouldnt be around

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 01:42:18 PM

Vote for Rynomster in Proof of Honor nomination 2014 by coinssource:

http://www.coinssource.com/vote/

15 votes to take the lead!

Voting will last until 12/28/2014
Winner Announcement: 1/10/2015

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:02:05 PM

Vote for Rynomster in Proof of Honor nomination 2014 by coinssource:

http://www.coinssource.com/vote/

15 votes to take the lead!

Voting will last until 12/28/2014
Winner Announcement: 1/10/2015

+1

added on facebook https://www.facebook.com/ibuygou.review
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:59:02 PM

What are the next steps of development after releasing ShadowSend v2?
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:22:21 PM

Immediately next is an In-wallet p2p decentralized market place... Which is not far from completion.
Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

According to the roadmap on the sidebar http://www.reddit.com/r/ShadowCash, it says voice, video, and file support will be added in January.  After that it is to be announced.
Pline

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

Immediately next is an In-wallet p2p decentralized market place... Which is not far from completion.

So like OpenBazaar style?  Will it be anonymous?  Over Tor?
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:52:40 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 05:30:00 PM by Coolstoryteller

Hi coinzcoinzcoinz,

A few of us on the team are building out the marketplace. It's currently in the first stage of development (graphic design). We're almost finished with phase one.

If anyone would like to support the development please feel free to donate to crz. He's doing an amazing job (as usual) and soon we'll have the best decentralized marketplace coupled with our top notch anon protocol! Crz's donation address, along with the phase one information can be found here http://shadowtalk.org/topic/289/sbay/2 Any feedback regarding design should be posted to that thread.

Thanks!

So like OpenBazaar style?  Will it be anonymous?  Over Tor?

Openbazaar uses Bitmessage, Shadow uses ShadowChat, so the nuts and bolts will be different. We'll have our own solution tailored to Shadow. We'll release more information regarding the specs at a later date.

If you'd like to get involved in the funding and feedback stage please sign up on Shadowtalk and leave some feedback. We'll be releasing the first draft of the graphic design shortly to get feedback from the community on the design direction.

--

Now that ShadowSend 2 is out, it gives our developers a well deserved holiday break. They've been busting their butts on Shadowsend from September-December (18+ hour/day development shifts), so they could definitely use some R&R.. While we are in-between design and front end development for the marketplace, I would imagine there will be a few minor updates to improve the UX of Shadowsend. But ultimately we'll need to complete phase 1 and 2 before it would be ready for our main developers.

We had a vote in IRC a while back regarding which project to focus on next and the community overwhelmingly chose the marketplace. That's not to say that one of the devs won't also be working in the background updating ShadowChat as per the old roadmap. We should have an updated roadmap available later today so keep an eye out for that Smiley

I would ask that everyone in the community support the phase 1 marketplace efforts by donating to our designer CRZ. There wasn't pre-mine or ICO/IPO, everything is community supported, so if anyone likes the concept of the marketplace - don't be shy to show some love!

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:17:20 PM

Hey deliveryman,

I thought of a couple suggestions like SDT (Shadow Tokens) or STDs (Shadow Tokenized Denominations).

Feel free to make a thread with some suggestions: http://shadowtalk.org/category/5/feature-requests

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:26:18 PM

Hey deliveryman,

I thought of a couple suggestions like SDT (Shadow Tokens) or STDs (Shadow Tokenized Denominations).

Feel free to make a thread with some suggestions: http://shadowtalk.org/category/5/feature-requests

I like STDs

Lol
4M8B

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:34:52 PM

Let's see what christmas brings to me this year
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

Thanks for the info team. Quick note: Although lower priority, don't forget the mobile apps please, they need a lot of work as they still use the old branding and are quite ugly. Since the desktop wallet is HTML5, can't you not simply wrap that in an app (should be trivial?)?
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:42:03 PM

Hey deliveryman,

I like STDs

Lol

You've had a good night when your reaching for the antibiotics the next day Shocked

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Coolstoryteller

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:50:17 PM

Thanks for the info team. Quick note: Although lower priority, don't forget the mobile apps please, they need a lot of work as they still use the old branding and are quite ugly. Since the desktop wallet is HTML5, can't you not simply wrap that in an app (should be trivial?)?

Yep, np and thanks for pointing that out. We're working on mobile updates right now. The team thought it best to wait until our ZK update to refresh our mobile clients with the new UI. Work started on that last week so we should have an update in the near future.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:39:51 PM

Yes. A lot of the current wallet functionality seems to have the vestiges of a debug version. A dev works so hard on his product it becomes too familiar and sometimes additional eyes are needed to see where the bumpy parts are. Here are a few places where I think things could be made easier:

Receiving stealth addresses for Shadow should be optional. Practical example- you have a poker site in Antigua, perfectly legal in most of the world, they accept SDC for betting and they openly publish a SDC address where you can send your funds for betting. Now you have a poker player in the US, where online betting is not so legal, he wants to obscure his deposits to this site so he sends it in the form of Shadow. The poker site doesn't want to have to mess around with one time use stealth addresses, more work and possible confusion. The player should be able to just send Shadow to the published SDC address, and his wallet should be able to get a one time use address automatically from the site's wallet. When doing a clandestine transaction the less communication between the parties involved the better.

One-button conversion to/from Shadow/SDC. "Convert to/convert from" "Amount" "Click here to convert." All done.

Default setting of automatically choose ring size. Most users won't know what that is, and don't want to. Expert users can uncheck an option and set their own ring size.

Easy importation and separate accounting for multiple private keys. I tried importing a second private key into a wallet and it combines the balances for both. It would be nice to have a screen where you can click on one of several accounts in your wallet and see the accounting for each one.

Automatically fetch public keys for messaging and eventually, file transfer. They're public already, I should be able to send somebody a message just with their SDC address. Even better, it would be nice to be able to send a really private message to a one time use stealth address too.

Hopefully this is helpful. Being I'm just a monkey I don't know how much of this is feasible, or how much work is involved from the perspective of the devs. Just what would be nice from the perspective of a user. Thanks in advance, and merry Christmas to all!

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:02:18 PM

Yes. A lot of the current wallet functionality seems to have the vestiges of a debug version. A dev works so hard on his product it becomes too familiar and sometimes additional eyes are needed to see where the bumpy parts are. Here are a few places where I think things could be made easier:

Receiving stealth addresses for Shadow should be optional. Practical example- you have a poker site in Antigua, perfectly legal in most of the world, they accept SDC for betting and they openly publish a SDC address where you can send your funds for betting. Now you have a poker player in the US, where online betting is not so legal, he wants to obscure his deposits to this site so he sends it in the form of Shadow. The poker site doesn't want to have to mess around with one time use stealth addresses, more work and possible confusion. The player should be able to just send Shadow to the published SDC address, and his wallet should be able to get a one time use address automatically from the site's wallet. When doing a clandestine transaction the less communication between the parties involved the better.

One-button conversion to/from Shadow/SDC. "Convert to/convert from" "Amount" "Click here to convert." All done.

Default setting of automatically choose ring size. Most users won't know what that is, and don't want to. Expert users can uncheck an option and set their own ring size.

Easy importation and separate accounting for multiple private keys. I tried importing a second private key into a wallet and it combines the balances for both. It would be nice to have a screen where you can click on one of several accounts in your wallet and see the accounting for each one.

Automatically fetch public keys for messaging and eventually, file transfer. They're public already, I should be able to send somebody a message just with their SDC address. Even better, it would be nice to be able to send a really private message to a one time use stealth address too.

Hopefully this is helpful. Being I'm just a monkey I don't know how much of this is feasible, or how much work is involved from the perspective of the devs. Just what would be nice from the perspective of a user. Thanks in advance, and merry Christmas to all!

Thanks for the feedback Automatic Monkey. I went ahead and created a feedback thread for ShadowSend in the feature request section on Shadowtalk. I posted your feedback there, if anyone has any other feedback please feel free to post it there so we can collect all the data.

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/305/shadowsend-v2-feedback

Also, I'm creating a FAQ page for our new website, so if anyone can contribute and post questions you feel the rest of the community and future users can benefit from please post them here:

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/306/faq-for-shadow-s-website

Thanks all

Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: