Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:57:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally!!!!!  (Read 81254 times)
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:01:38 PM

maximum pain theory in action

-
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 4282

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:02:00 PM

holy christ

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:04:44 PM

I have been predicting this since it was clear that Bitcoinica had no database backups. It took quite a a while, but it was destined to happen.

Edit: wow, look at my post count. Grin
Vladimir

-

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:07:59 PM

I have been predicting this since it was clear that Bitcoinica had no database backups. It took quite a a while, but it was destined to happen.

well that was a nobrainer.

The only way to end this without a court battle is to liquidate short positions at 5$ and liquidate long position at 6$ (or whatever the market price is at the time of liquidation or announcement of liquidation). Anything else and half of your customers are going to sue you and for a good reason.

Now just look how some big party desire to have the price to return to 5$ to avoid legal problems will effectively ensure that Bitcoin will never ever see 5$ handle again.

Damn markets have this ugly habit of inflicting maximum possible damage. It will now probably rally just to make the matters even worse.

And here is another interesting question. With that lending bubble going on GLBSE, how all those who borrowed from Pirate and Ko are going to repay BTC denominated loans? Watch for mass BTC denominated loan defaults that will only further fuel the exchange rate up.

-
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:10:35 PM

well that was a nobrainer.

The only way to end this without a court battle is to liquidate short positions at 5$ and liquidate long position at 6$ (or whatever the market price is at the time of liquidation or announcement of liquidation). Anything else and half of your customers are going to sue you and for a good reason.

Now just look how some big party desire to have the price to return to 5$ to avoid legal problems will effectively ensure that Bitcoin will never ever see 5$ handle again.

Damn markets have this ugly habit of inflicting maximum possible damage. It will now probably rally just to make the matters even worse.

lol!  good one.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:10:51 PM

Edit: wow, look at my post count. Grin

Quick! No more posts Tongue.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:13:30 PM

this thread makes me feel that bitcoin is kind of drug, when the rally comes, people are high here.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:29:57 PM

this thread makes me feel that bitcoin is kind of drug, when the rally comes, people are high here.
Sounds like an accurate description.

@Vladimir
If it was such a no-brainer, then why did it take weeks for the price to rise? Clearly we were in the minority here. Tongue

I disagree with this lending bubble thing because my impression is that the large borrowers/lenders are diversified well enough if they have exposure to pirate, so, in my view, there will be no masses of huge defaults on bitcoin loans for that reason. A few, yes, but nothing huge. It might happen because of an extreme price ramp, though. In contrary, a pirate default might actually be a short term bearish event considering how much of the BTC community seems to be invested. There would be lots of lost trust, just like with the MtGox hack.

If you look at the lending section, it will become apparent that people treat the pirate investment differently, especially when people ask if the other party has any exposure to pirate.
Vladimir

-

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:31:16 PM

just watch how over next few weeks Bitcoin forms so called http://www.thestockbandit.com/cup-handle/ cup and handle pattern with handle around 7$, then explodes up to 15-20$

@Blitz­ clearly, lol

-
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 07:36:47 PM

just watch how over next few weeks Bitcoin forms so called http://www.thestockbandit.com/cup-handle/ cup and handle pattern with handle around 7$, then explodes up to 15-20$

@Blitz­ clearly, lol

Not that I really want bitcoin to be that explosive right now, but if you're right than all this buying I've been doing over the past few weeks, and intend to continue doing, will certainly have been worth it.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 08:01:59 PM

@Blitz­ clearly, lol

Not that I really want bitcoin to be that explosive right now, but if you're right than all this buying I've been doing over the past few weeks, and intend to continue doing, will certainly have been worth it.

IMO, we wont "explode", we'll start to rise slower and slower, 8$ could take 2 weeks, 10$ 4 months, 14$ 1 year

but the bull run wont stop their,  with a little luck and a lot of hard work, 1 year later a slow and steady rise to 14$ will be accompanied by new innovations in the bitcoin world ( maybe bitcoincard? maybe a new game that uses bitcoin as its currency? ). Adoption hits critical mass, a new wave of buyers comes into play 14$ / BTC is now REQUIRED to satisfie the number of transactions, speculators predict that demand will only grow, and we get a speculative bubble that's Starts at 14$. The bubble hits 100$ per bitcoin (huge amounts of bitcoins are SOLD), but doesn't POP! it fucking stabilizes!  2 months later the world sees bitcoin as a safe way to store wealth, the game is over, world wide people rush to convert their savings to bitcoin, fait is dead over night, 1 year later all we know of the exchange rate is that 1 Big mac cost 0.000001btc  or 5.74BTC_v2

Cheers!  Cheesy

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 08:03:10 PM

I thought as much, I just wasn't sure, ty.

EDIT: HOLLY SHIT BATMAN WALL just appeared at $5.7 of 40k BTC

holy motherfucking shit, y'all! that's really sumth'n.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but either way I think 40k BTC is something amazing to witness appear.

to be honest, I wasn't sure myself. I was sincerely astonished as someone obviously having $200.000 on gox. On the other hand I might've well made a sarcastic remark like that about "wall-gasping". So I figured I just leave it stand in ambiguity... it worked Wink

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
notme
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:03:32 PM

Sounds like an accurate description.

@Vladimir
If it was such a no-brainer, then why did it take weeks for the price to rise? Clearly we were in the minority here. Tongue

I disagree with this lending bubble thing because my impression is that the large borrowers/lenders are diversified well enough if they have exposure to pirate, so, in my view, there will be no masses of huge defaults on bitcoin loans for that reason. A few, yes, but nothing huge. It might happen because of an extreme price ramp, though. In contrary, a pirate default might actually be a short term bearish event considering how much of the BTC community seems to be invested. There would be lots of lost trust, just like with the MtGox hack.

If you look at the lending section, it will become apparent that people treat the pirate investment differently, especially when people ask if the other party has any exposure to pirate.

Deleting old posts to stay leet are we?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
aqrulesms

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:06:32 PM

If my predictions are correct $7 is now approaching FAST.

██ ██    ██ ██    ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██    ██ ██ ██      ██    ██ ██ ██
   ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄
   ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██    ██  
▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
     ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
    ██  ▄  ▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
        ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
        ▀▀  ▀ ▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀  ▀  ██ ██
         ██ ██ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ██ ██ ▄ ▄▄
           ▄▄  ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀      ▄▄ ▀▀
           ▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
.████████████████████████.
██████████████████████████
███▄     ███████     ▄████
█████     █████     ██████
█████ ▌    ███▌     ██████
█████ █     █▌ ▐    ██████
█████ ██      ▐█    ██████
█████ ███    ▐██    ██████
████▀ ▀███   ███    ██████
██▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀████
██████████████▀     ▀█████
███ ▀████████▌        ▄███
███    ▀████▀        ▄████
███                 ▐█████
████                ▐█████
██████              ██████
███████           ▄███████
██████▀         ▄█████████
████▄▄      ▄▄████████████
.███████████████████████.
█████████████████████████
███████████████████▀▀▀███
█████████████▀▀▀ ▄    ███
████████▀▀     ▄█▀   ▐███
████▀▀       ▄█▀     ████
█▀         ▄██      ▐████
████▄▄▄  ▄██▀       █████
███████████        ▐█████
██████████         ██████
██████████ ▄██▄▄  ▐██████
█████████████████████████
.███████████████████████.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:50:09 PM

If my predictions are correct $7 is now approaching FAST.

And if my predictions are correct we are fast approaching taco.

But seriously, please slow down my bitcoin!  We don't need the shadow of another $30 and bust to prove our detractors right.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:50:29 PM

EPIC RALLY!

This is awesome. Can it really be... Bitcoin's recovery? Or is it just a second Echo Bubble?

I really don't know this time. It could be the real deal! Wheeee~!
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 10:52:59 PM

Back to THIRTY!!!

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:56:57 PM

Back to THIRTY!!!

Please, no.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 10:59:20 PM

This this this this this.  Anyone who wants BTC at $30 or close any time this year should GTFO these forums.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 11:01:00 PM

This this this this this.  Anyone who wants BTC at $30 or close any time this year should GTFO these forums.
Then to FIFTY!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: