Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84194 times)
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
July 12, 2012, 06:54:02 PM

This. Or you can save the authentication code just below the QR code (I think). Or both. Anyway, the most important thing is that you encrypt it, and store it in multiple locations. Smiley
Indeed you can. You can actually verify that it works by making the link on your phone not by QR code, but by taking the manual process of typing the secret.

Is it possible to make that backup once you have the Authenticator already installed and running?

Wouldn't a back up via Titanium Backup on a rooted device backup the necessary data as well?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

This. Or you can save the authentication code just below the QR code (I think). Or both. Anyway, the most important thing is that you encrypt it, and store it in multiple locations. Smiley
Indeed you can. You can actually verify that it works by making the link on your phone not by QR code, but by taking the manual process of typing the secret.

Is it possible to make that backup once you have the Authenticator already installed and running?

Wouldn't a back up via Titanium Backup on a rooted device backup the necessary data as well?

iirc that works too. Not all people do or can use Titanium Backup.

OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2012, 07:37:25 PM

That's what I use and it works fine. But I doubt DeaDTerra has already rooted his brand new gadget Smiley

Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2012, 01:09:09 AM

In the document list of your investors, how can I figure out what my number is? I would like to keep track of my balance. Thank you very much in advance Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 03:10:44 AM

In the document list of your investors, how can I figure out what my number is? I would like to keep track of my balance. Thank you very much in advance Smiley

I did send a PM and got an answer quickly.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
ADgordo

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 05:11:57 AM

He gave me mine when I sent him an email, probably best if he didn't advertise your # here.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Lobstertorch

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 01:44:02 PM

iirc that works too. Not all people do or can use Titanium Backup.

You can also retrieve your key by using any root shell / terminal emulator (possible even without root)
(see method 3)
http://cadince.com/3-ways-to-move-google-authenticator/
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:00:00 PM

Hey guys! Just want to say that I have internet and everythings  working fine.
Regarding the Investor number, send me a pm or email Smiley
I will fix the authenticator backup once I get home, as I don't have the equipment to do it here. I will make sure we have a good and working backup that's safe and encrypted.

I also want to add that I won't be updating the log book daily as it's simply to much work doing it from this laptop. But I will keep the order books and investments up to date so don't worry it shouldn't effect the profit of the fund.

//DeaDTerra
Lobstertorch

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 13, 2012, 07:06:00 PM

I will fix the authenticator backup once I get home, as I don't have the equipment to do it here. I will make sure we have a good and working backup that's safe and encrypted.

I also want to add that I won't be updating the log book daily as it's simply to much work doing it from this laptop. But I will keep the order books and investments up to date so don't worry it shouldn't effect the profit of the fund.

//DeaDTerra

I'd recommend just screen shotting and encrypting the QR codes and backing those up (dropbox / google drive or whatever) as you should be able to do that just fine from your laptop.

EDIT: not that it can't wait but just an easier / simpler solution
bitsmith

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 10:24:50 AM

//DeaDTerra

I don't trust this for one bit. First you state that you will be traveling to another country and now you won't be updating the logs anymore? Seems like you took the money and ran:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/son-i-am-disappoint-original.gif

Tongue But in all seriousness, have a great holiday Smiley
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2012, 06:58:54 PM

//DeaDTerra

I don't trust this for one bit. First you state that you will be traveling to another country and now you won't be updating the logs anymore? Seems like you took the money and ran:

God I hope so Tongue
But we have been moving away from the very volatile GLBSE and more towards diversified, reasonably safe loans so that portfolio management has become a lot more, well, manageable so I think Ludvig can spend a few days away... on our coin  Roll Eyes
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

//DeaDTerra

God I hope so Tongue
But we have been moving away from the very volatile GLBSE and more towards diversified, reasonably safe loans so that portfolio management has become a lot more, well, manageable so I think Ludvig can spend a few days away... on our coin  Roll Eyes
Hhaha first off all Love the picture Bitsmith xD, second of all don't worry I am still keeping controll of the investments and updating order books etc on a daily basis. But I am simple too lazy to update the log book from this computer as it doesn't have the usual setup that I use to fix the log book (several screens, a good browser, bookmarks etc). I will do one massive update on sunday/monday, with all the changes that has happened to our portfolio since I went on holiday Smiley
And as pointed out by Anthony, I am moving away from GLBSE so most of the changes is just liquidating of assets and moving them into loans and bonds.

On the good side for once nothing big happens while I am gone, Except a massive price increase which I am sure is going to have a slight negative impact on our profit, but no crashes no default or some other major catastrophy Cheesy

//DeaDTerra
Slushpuppy

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:39:48 PM

What is the smallest I could invest in this?
bitsmith

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 07:14:53 PM

1 Satoshi
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2012, 07:15:29 PM

1 Satoshi
Actually minimum is 5 BTC Smiley
//DeaDTerra
bitsmith

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 09:27:08 PM

1 Satoshi
//DeaDTerra
Shouldn't you be writing some kind of status report? Tongue
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 09:48:46 PM

1 Satoshi
//DeaDTerra
Shouldn't you be writing some kind of status report? Tongue
I should be xD, but I have been quite lazy. I will probably write it tonight, then check it through tomorrow to make sure it's good and then post it tomorrow morning Smiley
I will make it worth the wait I promise Tongue
//DeaDTerra
ADgordo

Activity: 203

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 10:34:02 PM

Does this fund pay dividends or does it strictly increase/decrease the principal based on market ups and downs?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 10:55:39 PM

Does this fund pay dividends or does it strictly increase/decrease the principal based on market ups and downs?
It only keeps a so called NAV or value of fund holdings, but if the fund goes positive and you have setup your account to payout profits then instead of the profit being added to you account it's paid out Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:06:34 PM

Hey guys!
First of all sorry for the massive delay on this post, I have started a new part time job and have started to settle in, so I am still getting used to that and I have also been kind of lazy this week xD
Here's the weekly report for last week Smiley
Weekly Report
This week I have been working on selling of mining bonds that do not offer any upgrades, as well as selling off old and non profitable assets. I have sold of most of our YABMC,BitBond and PureMining bonds, while I have purchased more Gigamining bonds instead (which do offer a upgrade path).

I have been moving capital into bonds, loans and CDs as part of the plan mentioned below. I have moved more into our insured pirate pass through, which is now up to 1000 BTC, I have also moved 1,500 BTC into differerent bonds and deposits on https://mybitcointrade.com/en. We have invested 500 BTC into each of Long Term Loaning ZiggiStar 12% / 30 days. and Long Term Loaning ZiggiStar 20% / 30 days guarantee, These are both loaning bonds, that are open to be traded on the market, which pay a daily dividend. As these are not affected by the Bitcoin price decrease or increase, I decided it was a good idea to move some capital into such ventures.

My Smartphone has arrived Smiley I have setup google authentication for two factor authentication on MtGox, GLBSE and the fund email. This is just one of the many security upgrades that will be arriving soon, if you have any feedback or want to help out with security or any of the other upgrade areas then please send me a email or a pm.

I was on holiday during the majority of this week, which could be partly why the profit is low. I did not do my normal active trading or so called flipping, during the time I was on holiday, instead I placed bid walls and ask walls that was for long term holding/selling. I do think though that most of the negative profit came from the massive rally which made GLBSE bearish and made the share prices plummet. Really sorry about the bad performance of the fund recently, But I am not going down without a fight Smiley, so check the investment plan below for my plan!

Thank you for another week and thank you for your trust in these hard times!

Market analysis/investment plan

I can start by mentioning the massive rally that has been going on for the last couple of weeks, the Bitcoin market is currently in a very strong positive motion. The Bitcoin price moved from 6.86 USD per BTC to 7.64$ last week, the rally has continued and is now up to slightly over 9$. As it looks like right now the rally will continue up to 10-15$ range before it will have any real counter support. It's currently obvious that a manipulator (maybe pirate?) is keeping the market steady and increasing the price slowly over time, this can easily be seen by the massive walls of thousands of BTC and USD that has been placed in both bid and ask by the same person.

Well how does this rally effect us you might ask?
Well as we are currently heavily into GLBSE assets (about 65%), we are heavily affected by the way this rally affects GLBSE. When the Bitcoin price market moves up and is bullish, then GLBSE becomes negative and bearish, this might be due to several factors. I will mention some shortly, hardware and other real life assets that are valued in USD now become less valued in BTC as the BTC/USD price increases, hence the asset holdings are worth less in BTC. It might also be the factor that people think in USD, and they value the assets on the basis of their USD share price not the BTC. Hence when the price increases the value of the share in BTC decreases. These are two of the many reasons why GLBSE become bearish when the Bitcoin price market becomes bullish. This means that as long as the price is decreasing, we are going to be in a less advantageous position as share prices will fall. (Please read the investment plan for more detail of what I will do to prevent this).

What has been done to improve our situation so far?
What I have done is to slowly liquidate our holding on GLBSE, so far about 2000 BTC has been liquidated. This process is slow and takes a lot of time, as the bids are few in numbers and volume, a fund of our magnitude can't simply dump our shares on the market, that would lead to a massive crash and only losses for us. Hence it needs to be done slowly and surely, by placing asks and playing the waiting game, as well as shooting down any high bids. It's an unfortunate situation we are in as the way GLBSE is currently built is that you have to have the same amount of BTC in your account as the total amount of all your bids, and as we all know keeping BTC lying around costs as you miss out on interest, while placing an ask costs nothing, as you would have the shares on GLBSE anyways. Hence there's more incentive to place an ask than a bid, this leads to an imbalance in the system, which I have noticed is one of the reasons we are having so much trouble liquidating assets on GLBSE.

What will be done in the future/what's the plan?
The plan I have setup is to setup our portfolio as follows (a draft/goal, final results might vary):
GLBSE 35%
Loans,Bonds,CDS 35%
Bot trading (arbitrage/margin) 20%
High risk investments (startups etc) 5%
Liquid assets (BTC,USD etc) 5%
This will be reached by slowly liquidating GLBSE, and rinsing out all assets that do not hold a certain quality or profitability. This will be done using the spreadsheet mentioned previously which will be built up slowly over time as we go through an analysis of each asset. We will then start moving away from short term holdings on GLBSE, and aim for more stable and safe long term assets, which we know will be profitable and successful. We will also be working to improve and setup more trading bots on more exchanges Smiley
That way we can take advantage of the volatile market.

As always, if there's any questions or concerns please do ask Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: