Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:13:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312379 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:35:53 PM

What about the problem of some people about the "view key" feature. They said that a court order could make you show your transactions in the clear thru view key. Is this true? Why is that feature even there? It might become Monero's weakness.

If you have information, you can be compelled to reveal it by only and exactly that force which is able to compel such performance.  I fail to see in what sense the view key mechanism is a problem in such a scenario. The problem, in any such a case, is not the view key, but the fact that you retained the information.  If you wish to preclude being forced to reveal information, you must destroy it.

I guess courts can not demand only your view key but also can check inside wallet if they want to. View keys can provide to see without actually open the wallet.

Seems to me you could apply the 5th Amendment here in the U.S. for a view key request.  But to be sure you should consult with your attorney.

Yes i think you are right. Even your wife has rights not to do this as your close relative or something. Well this is more a question for those that study laws. I have little knowledge of that. Only thing i know is that as much lawyers you have that many different explanations will one law have. Tongue
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:52:12 PM

It's odd. As soon as XMR started plummeting, several guys appeared in the polo trollbox and, almost in unison, began hyping BCN and bashing XMR.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 01:54:32 PM

It's odd. As soon as XMR started plummeting, several guys appeared in the polo trollbox and, almost in unison, began hyping BCN and bashing XMR.

Is not that is why Toolbox is for?  But BCN, please.
sparky999

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:09:25 PM

Almost know coins available for shorting right now, would be an amazing time for a squeeze . . .
neilol-real

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:27:50 PM

Almost know coins available for shorting right now, would be an amazing time for a squeeze . . .

Was just noticing this... I'm sure a trader with enough dry powder has noticed as well..

Even if we are moving lower in the near term I'm looking for a squeeze in the immediate term.

Sooner rather than later, these loan rates on leveraged long are ridiculous Wink
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 02:48:50 PM

It is funny to read how many guys hope XMR price will go down and also the usual trollbox-spam which one can`t take serious fully.

Taken the current use and coming demand for XMR, technological development (GUI, Kovri, Ring CT), massive media exposure and community growth...why honestly should anybody sell it now?
In order to do what, to buy it for 7 USD? Or 6 USD? How realistic is it that a coin with such potential like XMR is sold under 8 USD? It`s a joke. Everybody wants it. Thats fine, they can, but not for cheap.

Roger Ver is substantially invested in XMR. I guess his connections can mean a lot (Bloomberg Interview with him). It is simply great to have such one Bitcoin evangelist and investor on board of Monero.
Ver says he sees the Monero price around 50 to 100 USD in the months to come. The guys begging one to sell are seeing this too I guess.  Grin
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:42:51 PM

I did a little research, because mostly this price surge is argumented with DNM's getting in the currency, which i still do not believe.

On Alphabay in median 1,9% 2737 are accepting XMR in drugs and chemicals from total 136877.
On Oasis in median 6,9% 264 are accepting XMR in drugs and chemicals from total 3813.

The last 0,018 hype on polo had over 100kBTC volume, with now residing somewhere at 0,014 with ~24kBTC volume.

So if 3001 vendors are responsible for over 100kBTC volume, every vendor in median had to have ~33BTC for playing wiht XMR, now somewhat around ~8BTC each if every vendor is actively trading --> possible but not likely.

Why, simply because these 100BTC to 800BTC buy walls would to have been built, in median, buy more than one vendor at the same time --> possible but not likely.

Even if, let's say 10% of the active vendors are actively trading with the new XMR (multiply the figures buy 10) which i still do not believe, this would be more unlikely to happen at the same time on the same place. The lending figures intensify my claim and theory of a single entity playing around and making the market to the contrary argument of "natural" growth  Roll Eyes

Think about it  Shocked

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
DaveJones

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:45:57 PM

Actually this is quite relevant as well since it was put originally quite close to the spot (I've followed this). On the other hand, the wall guy or girl is playing games with us. He first sets walls and the bids are increased to around 7 000 btc, then suddenly pulls off 1000 btc from buy orders. I am not quite sure what he is trying to do...

I think whoever it is is trying to make a big buy-in without massive upward slippage. So they put the wall there periodically enticing someone to move coins to the exchange and dump, and remove it to avoid pushing the price up.

It's probably a large Bitcoin whale who wants to reallocate/hedge in a big way onto a different chain/project. Someone on the level of Roger Ver, or possibly literallly him (but probably not).

But the volume is huge. If you wanted to buy 7,000 BTC worth of Monero, why not just have a bot do it? If you do it correctly you won't get crazy slippage and you can start the next move up.
That said, I do hope you are right.

From one of my favorites,

And right here let me say one thing: After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I've known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level, which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine -- that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make big money.

...But to me it doesn't matter. I think Monero is still severely undervalued.

I thought I was doing well out of Monero a few months ago. called the market just about right. Then I made the big mistake of selling too many thinking it would go lower and I could buy back twice as many, only to find it went higher, and higher, and higher.

I did jump back in, but them words are true enough: buy and hodl.
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 04:59:36 PM

Actually this is quite relevant as well since it was put originally quite close to the spot (I've followed this). On the other hand, the wall guy or girl is playing games with us. He first sets walls and the bids are increased to around 7 000 btc, then suddenly pulls off 1000 btc from buy orders. I am not quite sure what he is trying to do...

I think whoever it is is trying to make a big buy-in without massive upward slippage. So they put the wall there periodically enticing someone to move coins to the exchange and dump, and remove it to avoid pushing the price up.

It's probably a large Bitcoin whale who wants to reallocate/hedge in a big way onto a different chain/project. Someone on the level of Roger Ver, or possibly literallly him (but probably not).

But the volume is huge. If you wanted to buy 7,000 BTC worth of Monero, why not just have a bot do it? If you do it correctly you won't get crazy slippage and you can start the next move up.
That said, I do hope you are right.

From one of my favorites,

And right here let me say one thing: After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight! It is no trick at all to be right on the market. You always find lots of early bulls in bull markets and early bears in bear markets. I've known many men who were right at exactly the right time, and began buying or selling stocks when prices were at the very level, which should show the greatest profit. And their experience invariably matched mine -- that is, they made no real money out of it. Men who can both be right and sit tight are uncommon. I found it one of the hardest things to learn. But it is only after a stock operator has firmly grasped this that he can make big money.

...But to me it doesn't matter. I think Monero is still severely undervalued.

I thought I was doing well out of Monero a few months ago. called the market just about right. Then I made the big mistake of selling too many thinking it would go lower and I could buy back twice as many, only to find it went higher, and higher, and higher.

And definitely don't buy "bitcoin securities"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:19:12 PM

I did a little research, because mostly this price surge is argumented with DNM's getting in the currency, which i still do not believe.

On Alphabay in median 1,9% 2737 are accepting XMR in drugs and chemicals from total 136877.
On Oasis in median 6,9% 264 are accepting XMR in drugs and chemicals from total 3813.

The last 0,018 hype on polo had over 100kBTC volume, with now residing somewhere at 0,014 with ~24kBTC volume.

So if 3001 vendors are responsible for over 100kBTC volume, every vendor in median had to have ~33BTC for playing wiht XMR, now somewhat around ~8BTC each if every vendor is actively trading --> possible but not likely.

Why, simply because these 100BTC to 800BTC buy walls would to have been built, in median, buy more than one vendor at the same time --> possible but not likely.

Even if, let's say 10% of the active vendors are actively trading with the new XMR (multiply the figures buy 10) which i still do not believe, this would be more unlikely to happen at the same time on the same place. The lending figures intensify my claim and theory of a single entity playing around and making the market to the contrary argument of "natural" growth  Roll Eyes

Think about it  Shocked

It is pretty obvious to everybody the hype we had 1 week ago was due to speculators or "market makers" (depending on which term you prefer).
However, the fact is vendors are now using XMR which creates natural demand which will eventually have a positive impact on the price. I am not expecting that by 23.59 1st of sept all the vendors are 100 % in xmr. That is delusional IMO. Let's give some time, few months, a couple years perhaps and see how high it ends up.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:26:45 PM

I like to run a tor exit node on the same LAN, and connect to a VPN from that IP, without going through tor, then connect to tor through a VPN in an other country, which I paid for with Monero via XMR.to, and has a canary.

It is also easy to find Netgear routers with exploits and bounce off of a couple of those.  It's actually hard to see a downside to that. You can patch the vulnerability for them when you are done, to pay for it, if you like.  The main risk is that one might be a honeypot.

I bounced something off of my router but it went down the back of the bookcase. I guess it is more secure down there  Grin
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 05:33:31 PM

I like to run a tor exit node on the same LAN, and connect to a VPN from that IP, without going through tor, then connect to tor through a VPN in an other country, which I paid for with Monero via XMR.to, and has a canary.

It is also easy to find Netgear routers with exploits and bounce off of a couple of those.  It's actually hard to see a downside to that. You can patch the vulnerability for them when you are done, to pay for it, if you like.  The main risk is that one might be a honeypot.

I bounced something off of my router but it went down the back of the bookcase. I guess it is more secure down there  Grin
Cold storage.   Cheesy
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:31:37 PM

XMR/BTC & XMR/USD is available for trading on Livecoin:

https://www.livecoin.net/en/news/view/151

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:36:09 PM

You should have listened to me :p

Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 06:46:57 PM

XMR/BTC & XMR/USD is available for trading on Livecoin:

https://www.livecoin.net/en/news/view/151

Finally! First USD/XMR pairing I've seen on an exchange.  But nice for sure.  Will be checking out.

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:15:03 PM

1 week chart for 30 min candles. Looks like we will see a break up or break down. Seems like the tension around Monero is intensifying on weekends.

The chart doesn't look clearly bullish nor bearish. The bearish part is that it looks it is making lower highs but also the bottoms are higher which is bullish..

Therefore, in the short run I do not know. In the long run I tend to think it is bullish.
Drhiggins

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:16:01 PM

1 week chart for 30 min candles. Looks like we will see a break up or break down. Seems like the tension around Monero is intensifying on weekends.

I've noticed that pattern too as of late.  Would love to see a 25% or more gain over this weekend  Grin

Monerohash.com   U.S. Mining Pool
opennux

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:28:23 PM

Think about it  Shocked

That is completely disingenuous. Going from 0 to those numbers do absolutely mean something. I appreciate some statistics, but you gotta be less disingenuous in the way you handle the data. 2737 are accepting XMR. That is an increase of 2737! How many of the 136877 are active, or have been active within the last months? At the same time you ascribe ALL the volume to vendors trading. Dude. Come on.. Most if not all people in this thread are either speculators, holders, spectators or somewhere in between and have no connection to those DNM. We know with certainty that many in here are responsible for some of the volume.
That's not to say there's no big traders and attempt at manipulation happening, but come on..
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 07:29:11 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2016, 09:32:12 PM by rpietila

HM rpietila II Dei Gratia Rex Regnum Crypto, Dux Antiqua Ducatus et alii ad inf.

Let it be known that because of his persistent market commentary during the time when We have been absent,

TrueCryptonaire

has become a top-rated commenter in this thread, and also that the quality of the said comments has increased markedly,

WE, (etc)

have bestowed our favor on him,

and he is therefore invited to Our presence in Our castle, at any time mutually agreed, forthcoming in this autumn,

or

to the Monero Summit and Conference, planned to be organised before the years' end.

Seal.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2016, 08:03:50 PM

--snip--

HM rpietila II Dei Gratia Rex Regnum Crypto, Dux Antiqua Ducatus et alii ad inf.

Let it be known that because of his persistent market commentary during the time when We have been absent,

TrueCryptonaire

has become a top-rated commenter in this thread, and also that the quality of the said comments has increased markedly,

WE, (etc)

have bestowed our favor on him,

and he is therefore invited to Our presence in Our castle, in any time mutually agreed, forthcoming in this autumn,

or

to the Monero Summit and Conference, planned to be organised before the years' end.

Seal.
Hahaha, oh god... As if TC's ego isn't already big enough.
Pages: « 1 ... 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 [1049] 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: