Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312567 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 07:05:42 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 07:30:46 AM by iCEBREAKER

It's hard not to be disconcerted about the lack of a GUI after more than two years. I know it's coming "soonish", as it has been for 1+ years. However, at this point it's certainly holding back adoption at a time when adoption is poised to explode.

Got a pull request?  Complaining accomplishes nothing.  I think everyone understands the situation.  If you can't contribute code, your dev fund contribution is quite welcome.

I have contributed to the dev fund. Can you please direct me to the thread where I can speculate about how the lack of basic UI features may affect the price? Perhaps a Monero speculation thread?

I understand the GUI gripes are tiresome (here's looking at you, N-rG). The "Fuck you. Go code a GUI." responses are getting old too.

Make stupid posts, win stupid responses!   Cheesy

The more the bratty moonchildren pout about the lack of an Official GUI, the funnier it gets to me.

As if stomping their feet and repetitiously asking "are we there yet?" will speed up development.

These high time preference neurotypicals are like the Gavinistas, unwilling to wait for proper Layer 2 Bitcoin scaling and loudly demanding Something Be Done "Right Meow!!!!1!"

When I watch my friend's kids and they start being overbearing about a request, I tell them further nagging will result in penalty delays.

Despite being only a few years old, they understand instantly and stop whining.

I propose we cancel the GUI project entirely, to buy the community a few more precious months off putting of our Eternal September.

infofront, just filter out icebreakers childish response. Read his trust summary for entertainment instead Roll Eyes

And right on cue, ^^^there's a moonchild from the failed BlackCoin pump, crying because he can't learn to use a CLI.

If coinism wants to ignore someone because of scam accusations from 2014 that ultimately went nowhere in Court, that's fine.

But he shouldn't presume to police the interactions of infofront.

Coinism is a noob that backed the wrong (black) horse, so I understand why insecurity compels him to challenge Monero elders.

So to make a point, I've left him negative feedback for pages of shameless, extensive BlackCoin (LOOL) pumping, scam site exco.in shilling, and "zomg XMR y u no have GUI" FUD.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 07:26:40 AM

I think the high volatility is slowing down Monero adaption.
If you are a vendor and accept Monero, chances are you lose xx% of your profits just by devaluation of the currency over night.

Bitcoin is "fairly stable" (in relation to other crypto) and provides consistency.

Consistency is what vendors love.

I think, as a trader, you have to be pretty patient and hodl for years.
We'll lose shortterm traders, volume and thereforce price in the next months.

(Note: I posted bullish statements a week ago and was wrong so...)

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
coinism

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 07:41:14 AM

It's hard not to be disconcerted about the lack of a GUI after more than two years. I know it's coming "soonish", as it has been for 1+ years. However, at this point it's certainly holding back adoption at a time when adoption is poised to explode.

Got a pull request?  Complaining accomplishes nothing.  I think everyone understands the situation.  If you can't contribute code, your dev fund contribution is quite welcome.

I have contributed to the dev fund. Can you please direct me to the thread where I can speculate about how the lack of basic UI features may affect the price? Perhaps a Monero speculation thread?

I understand the GUI gripes are tiresome (here's looking at you, N-rG). The "Fuck you. Go code a GUI." responses are getting old too.

The more the bratty moonchildren pout about the lack of an Official GUI, the funnier it gets to me.

As if stomping their feet and repetitiously asking "are we there yet?" will speed up development.

These high time preference neurotypicals are like the Gavinistas, unwilling to wait for proper Layer 2 Bitcoin scaling and loudly demanding Something Be Done "Right Meow!!!!1!"

When I watch my friend's kids and they start being overbearing about a request, I tell them further nagging will result in penalty delays.

I propose we cancel the GUI project entirely, to buy the community a few more precious months off putting of our Eternal September.

infofront, just filter out icebreakers childish response. Read his trust summary for entertainment instead Roll Eyes

And right on cue, ^^^there's a moonchild from the failed BlackCoin pump, crying because he can't learn to use a CLI.

If coinism wants to ignore someone because of scam accusations from 2014 that ultimately went nowhere in Court, that's fine.

Coinism is a noob that backed the wrong (black) horse, so I understand why insecurity compels him to challenge Monero elders.

So to make a point, I've left him negative feedback for pages of shameless, extensive BlackCoin (LOOL) pumping, scam site exco.in shilling, and "zomg XMR y u no have GUI" FUD.   Wink

Looks like i hit the spot Smiley you love to get personal with people and throw insults - that's not good, helps nobody. just makes you look childish and insecure, like a 'trolling toddler' like some people in your trust summary have summarized you. I've got no beef with nobody and certainly not going to spend anymore time on your negative responses. i try to stop people attacking others, especially new adopters of XMR. you assume too much.  
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 07:53:04 AM

Looks like i hit the spot Smiley you love to get personal with people and throw insults - that's not good, helps nobody. just makes you look childish and insecure. I've got no beef with nobody and certainly not going to spend anymore time on your negative responses. i try to stop people attacking others, especially new adopters of XMR. you assume too much.   

Fact 1: most of your posts on BTCT are pumping the BlackCoin scam
Fact 2: you helped advertise the failed exco.in scam
Fact 3: you've been needling the XMR community about 'zomg where's the GUI we need it RIGHT MEOW' since 2014
Fact 4: you presume to tell others who they shouldn't interact with

Now say "childish" again, because I know that's your favorite personal insult.  Enjoyed your well deserved negative trust.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
damnMscollec

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:00:34 AM

Looks like i hit the spot Smiley you love to get personal with people and throw insults - that's not good, helps nobody. just makes you look childish and insecure. I've got no beef with nobody and certainly not going to spend anymore time on your negative responses. i try to stop people attacking others, especially new adopters of XMR. you assume too much.   

Fact 1: most of your posts on BTCT are pumping the BlackCoin scam
Fact 2: you helped advertise the failed exco.in scam
Fact 3: you've been needling the XMR community about 'zomg where's the GUI we need it RIGHT MEOW' since 2014
Fact 4: you presume to tell others who they shouldn't interact with

Now say "childish" again, because I know that's your favorite personal insult.  Enjoyed your well deserved negative trust.

I annoy those blackcoin shills, blk is dead, they lied too much, they are punished by God. Let's focus on XMR, ignore those BLK shills

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:15:38 AM

The biggest issue Monero has pricewise is lack of liquidiy. Sure there are decent amount of btc bidding XMR but it is not enough to catch the dumps. Bitcoin is currently fairly stable and actually is in nice bull run.
I hope the volatiliy will not harm the adaption. For me I do not care my stash, it is too small to care but I am more worried about the adaption.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:55:02 AM

Apparently Dreammarket is second biggest so now two biggest markets use XMR.

Oasis is in TOP6.

So now we are waiting for finnish Valhalla and oldschool OutlawMarket and  Hansa to add it to.
N-rG

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:59:40 AM

Oasis is in TOP6.

So now we are waiting for finnish Valhalla and oldschool OutlawMarket and  Hansa to add it to.

Its also important that the suppliers there accept monero.
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 09:02:06 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 09:52:26 AM by DaveyJones

Oasis is in TOP6.

So now we are waiting for finnish Valhalla and oldschool OutlawMarket and  Hansa to add it to.

shh ... could also be photoshopped... dont make the animals wild before it is approved!

Edit: See it was fake.
bitwolf

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 09:02:43 AM

The biggest issue Monero has pricewise is lack of liquidiy. Sure there are decent amount of btc bidding XMR but it is not enough to catch the dumps. Bitcoin is currently fairly stable and actually is in nice bull run.
I hope the volatiliy will not harm the adaption. For me I do not care my stash, it is too small to care but I am more worried about the adaption.
How can you possibly have liquidity when the marketcap is only 130m and the coin is the second most traded since bitcoin? The trading/marketcap coefficient is 1/11, while in bitcoin is 1/70, in Eth 1/100 and in dash it is also 1/100. Only after 7-10 times increase in Marketcap or 7-10x decrease in trading volume the liquidity will get more stable.  
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 11:52:04 AM

Looks like 0.016 is being defended well. Don't see .015 re-entry especially with all the news coming out of everywhere. Ideally the new floor from this whole DNM run should have been 0.02 to give XMR a lot more visibility and welcoming merchants, but this coin has attracted more greedy regulars than any coin I have seen in my time in Bitcointalk.

Like Adam Sandler said "What is wrong with you people"?  Lips sealed
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:08:17 PM

The thing that im not understanding properly is,

everybody who bought monero is expecting to make money, but if the price keeps plumetting down, the audience will get tired of it and wont give it the chance it needs.

lets be honest here 8/10 of the people who have monero now bought after 22nd of august.

how would they possibly make money out of it if the price keeps getting downtrended and finding new lows everyday.

the whales are building walls over walls but buy support is not able to hold the price at all.

this downtrend in my opinion is not over yet. unless somehow several btc whales jump in the train and pump the price upwards. however less likely.

the monero dev team also dont seem to care much. i witnessed a conversation between fluffypony and denverthedinozor on polo yesterday. the latter asked when the gui will be available and the former said, monero is open source, thus when the dev feels like it they will work on it and release it. that doesnt seem like its going to happen anytime soon. i believe the foundation made a lot of money in the hype and thus dont really care about the system anymore.

believe it or not, i am not fudding for monero to fall. i am bagholding a very decent amount myself. im still x3 profitable at the moment. however if the situation doesnt change, i will find it useless to hold any at all. ive been holding even after we came from 0.026 to 0.016 without even thinking of selling.

everybody keeps saying : whales are accumulting, whales are buying low, death to shorters. or whatever else they say. however at the current pace of development for monero, shorters are the current winners.

the price was "supposedly" stable at 0.021. then 0.020, then finding new "support" at 0.019. now we are at 0.01629 at time of writing. and the boat keeps finding new holes without being able to cover the previous hole.

i do realise and accept that a coin will not just go up and up and up (that be more likely a scam than real)

however, whales and buyers should find a spot and stay on it, instead of plumetting it down further and eventually resulting in less people being keen to trade, buy, baghold or support it.

before some people comes saying : instead of talking, build a project and put it live yourself. in my defense my team is building a project. we should be able to launch at 25-26th september. however if the price keeps finding new lows, the project will be much useless and we would have lost 30days building something that wont mean anything.

if the foundation dont come foreward stating what they are building and when its scheduled, whats going to happen, how things are going to work.. the system of monero will have another 2years of sleep or more and God knows if it will ever wake up again.

the audience is here, the demand is existant, the need is existant, what do they need more to build things for monero now? what more do they need to make things work? when the hell the 1year old promised gui wallet will be available?

and who are the whales who are bringing the price down even further? ETH foundation? BTC whales scared of parity? we have all seen how assface the eth foundation are and how they tried to bring ETC down by fudding and dumping. could they be the one who are after monero dumps? who knows...

just my 2 cents
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:08:33 PM

Looks like 0.016 is being defended well. Don't see .015 re-entry especially with all the news coming out of everywhere. Ideally the new floor from this whole DNM run should have been 0.02 to give XMR a lot more visibility and welcoming merchants, but this coin has attracted more greedy regulars than any coin I have seen in my time in Bitcointalk.

Who exactly are you accusing?  Markets market.  We would rather have that than the opposite.  Greedy regulars are not causing this correction.  >500℅ rise over a few weeks is.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:08:39 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 12:30:32 PM by aminorex

Indeed this isn't just cheap, it is crazy, stupid cheap.

Let's get a little perspective:

- Negative interest rates.
- Pervasive electronic surveillance.
- Try moving gold through an airport some time.
- Leading economists and central bankers want to eliminate large denominations of currency.
- Over 50% of the material world economy driven underground.
- Largest bank in the world has more notional derivatives outstanding than the global GDP - name me an asset with less counterparty risk than XMR?
- Generational deflation/hyper-inflation bifurcation impending - good luck with those EUR.

There is nothing else on the planet which qualifies as money. Nothing else is fungible, private, and liquid. There can be only one.  The market has chosen, and what we think isn't going to matter one bit.

everybody who bought monero is expecting to make money...

What you are not getting is that there is no other money.  Monero is it.  Frankly, I don't get it either.  I am merely human, and hence quite stupid.  But that's the fact, and somehow I have to wrap my head around it, and deal with it, or I will suffer for my limited rationality.  You think this is a game.  It is, but it is not the game that you think you are playing.

XMR is still up 200x from my first purchase, and I think it is good for another 200x by 2025.

How can you possibly have liquidity when the marketcap is only 130m and the coin is the second most traded since bitcoin? The trading/marketcap coefficient is 1/11, while in bitcoin is 1/70, in Eth 1/100 and in dash it is also 1/100. Only after 7-10 times increase in Marketcap or 7-10x decrease in trading volume the liquidity will get more stable.  

This.  Marketcap has to go up and volume has to go down.  Selling XMR at these prices is just insanely stupid.

De-lever and de-risk, people.  Remove your coins from the exchange.  Losing even one XMR is not an option at this point.  Consider it from an effective altruist viewpoint:  Losing one XMR today is like killing twenty people 10 years from now.  That's roughly how many lives you could have saved by spending that 1 XMR wisely at a reasonable future value.  Not to mention the kittens.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
alphahacktivist

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:28:59 PM

[.  Losing even one XMR is not an option at this point.  Consider it from an effective altruist viewpoint:  Losing one XMR today is like killing twenty people 10 years from now.  That's roughly how many lives you could have saved by spending that 1 XMR wisely at a reasonable future value.  Not to mention the kittens.

youre a nice guy but its the dumbest thing ive been hearing since 0.024...

example :

i change my xmr (10usd) to btc (600usd) and i have a balance of 1btc.

at this point no need to say IF, but when the price reaches 0.008btc per xmr, i will have twice as much xmr as i have now.

i dont see xmr reach even 0.025. denial is making me baghold. i could have gone out with 4x profit at 0.02.. but im holding still even now.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:31:51 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2016, 12:55:43 PM by aminorex

denial is making me baghold. i could have gone out with 4x profit at 0.02.. but im holding still even now.

Sell them now.  You are not worthy.  Yes, it is a game.  You don't have a clue what the game is.  Come back and buy them for ten or twenty times the price when you've learned what the game is.  You could be sitting on 200x profit right now. But you aren't.  Now you want to walk away from another 200x.  Be my guest.  We need this shake-out.

BTW: I'm really not a nice person at all.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:35:57 PM

the monero dev team also dont seem to care much. i witnessed a conversation between fluffypony and denverthedinozor on polo yesterday. the latter asked when the gui will be available and the former said, monero is open source, thus when the dev feels like it they will work on it and release it. that doesnt seem like its going to happen anytime soon. i believe the foundation made a lot of money in the hype and thus dont really care about the system anymore.

Beside this you said also other things that might be cool or not, basicly dont matter. But this really made me to reply.

What  fluffypony said is how it is. Monero is opensource project without any premine or ICO or whatever. There is no foundation. None of those that wrote code got any XMR for free. They had to buy them with money they earned doing something else. So what happens with that is no ones buisness.

There were few projects founded. One is also a GUI that is worked on from January. With price increase that bounty of 18k XMR also got a bigger appeal. A year ago that was $10k today is way more. So I am sure, since is totally naturally, that coder that working on GUI is focusing way more then he did at beginning of year.

For those that likes coins that have ICO , premines and foundations or even big mega money corporations behind, should just forget about Monero. Why waste your time with something that is in basic something you dont want. And there are so many options.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:39:37 PM

Greed is a desire to have more money. Therefore, the fact that there are greedy people is one more proof Monero is considered to be valuable enough for accumulation (which is greed in its essence).
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:57:34 PM

How would it look like if there is a buy order of 13 000 000 XMR near the current price when there is only 12 900 000 XMR in the whole universe currently?
To be low volatile the market cap has to exceed the current marketcap of bitcoin. There are bitcoin whales who can dump bitcoin to the bottomless pit.

One thing I do not understand: why the big guys dump their Moneros? What is the point? Isn't it better simply to drive the price higher and higher and higher. Those same whales will benefit because new people will adapt Monero and once the new people hold it for some time they are also happy with the increase in purchasing power.

Why not just drive the price higher than the price of bitcoin...? It is possible but it requires a lot of dollars obviously. But the dollars will come when there is a bull market.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:02:41 PM

denial is making me baghold. i could have gone out with 4x profit at 0.02.. but im holding still even now.

BTW: I'm really not a nice person at all.

By saying this you most likely are a decent person.
Pages: « 1 ... 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: