Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:15:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:52:12 AM

The good thing about xmr is that it has more upside potential than Dash (Price and tech).

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:54:26 AM

BTW, why they pump Dark coin?   Undecided

Stop asking that question here... move over the the Darkcoin Threads

snip

Nice one, nano.  Succinct as always.  You been ok?  Not seen you post lately.

Hi Mr K,
Been on a bit of a crypto sabbatical with a touch of lurking (been enjoying your analyses however).

I can't believe how many folks are still engaging with TC - the ignore button is your friend people.

Anyway, great to be north of 16USD again and hopefully ready to retest the ATH. Smiley
Enjoy your Sunday !!

Hi Nano!

Those of us who are up are indeed enjoying this Sunday morning.

Yeah - I lost it with TC, should have left it with something more succinct Wink  It was just frustration.

As for ATH - we need to bust a few shorts who don't want us above 0.014 - ish and I hope the rise will continue.  Perfect timing for us if D*** does (finally) fall back.

I will settle for a $15 - $16 level while we refuel.  It's way better than we've been at lately.  I also think BTC may not hold up now, I was thinking the post-ETF dip was so shallow, it was 2013 Silk Road all over again.  I know reckon it could slide down and alts may benefit.

BTC is struggling to hold 80% of all crypto market, interestingly....  And BTC Wall Observer is full of people talking of 'stability'.  Makes me feel the opposite...

我想要火箭和火车
OrangeP

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:06:33 AM

snip

Hi Mr K,
Been on a bit of a crypto sabbatical with a touch of lurking (been enjoying your analyses however).

I can't believe how many folks are still engaging with TC - the ignore button is your friend people.

Anyway, great to be north of 16USD again and hopefully ready to retest the ATH. Smiley
Enjoy your Sunday !!

Hi Nano!

Yeah - I lost it with TC, should have left it with something more succinct Wink  It was just frustration.

As for ATH - we need to bust a few shorts who don't want us above 0.014 - ish and I hope the rise will continue.  Perfect timing for us if D*** does (finally) fall back.

I will settle for a $15 - $16 level while we refuel.  It's way better than we've been at lately.  I also think BTC may not hold up now, I was thinking the post-ETF dip was so shallow, it was 2013 Silk Road all over again.  I know reckon it could slide down and alts may benefit.

BTC is struggling to hold 80% of all crypto market, interestingly....  And BTC Wall Observer is full of people talking of 'stability'.  Makes me feel the opposite...

What makes you think price will go up other than charts? Fundamentals?  Is there any scaling solution in sight? Hardware wallets? A GUI wallet that doesn't suck? An API that doesn't suck?  Funding for development?

I'm really curious. To me it sounds that people expect xmr to rise just because. There are reasons for eth's and Dash's rises.
https://getmonero.org/design-goals/ looks promising. But ether and Dash are moving a lot faster.

Don't get me wrong. I want xmr to be successful. But as a speculator I need more than that.

Genesis1337

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 10:12:03 AM

XMR staying above $16.00 right now on poloniex. I am praying that we can hit @20 this weekend,(dump from Dash into XMR. We will see!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:13:22 AM

snip

Hi Mr K,

Enjoy your Sunday !!

Hi Nano!

What makes you think price will go up other than charts? Fundamentals?  Is there any scaling solution in sight? Hardware wallets? A GUI wallet that doesn't suck? An API that doesn't suck?  Funding for development?

I'm really curious. To me it sounds that people expect xmr to rise just because. There are reasons for eth's and Dash's rises.
https://getmonero.org/design-goals/ looks promising. But ether and Dash are moving a lot faster.

Don't get me wrong. I want xmr to be successful. But as a speculator I need more than that.

Maybe there are reasons for eth to rise, but dash is a total scamcoin from the beginning and I wouldnt even invest a single satoshi in it.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:22:41 AM

BTW, why they pump Dark coin?   Undecided

snip

Nice one, nano.  Succinct as always.  You been ok?  Not seen you post lately.

Hi Mr K,

Enjoy your Sunday !!

Hi Nano!

Yeah - I lost it with TC, should have left it with something more succinct Wink  It was just frustration.

As for ATH - we need to bust a few shorts who don't want us above 0.014 - ish and I hope the rise will continue.  Perfect timing for us if D*** does (finally) fall back.

I will settle for a $15 - $16 level while we refuel.  It's way better than we've been at lately.  I also think BTC may not hold up now, I was thinking the post-ETF dip was so shallow, it was 2013 Silk Road all over again.  I know reckon it could slide down and alts may benefit.

BTC is struggling to hold 80% of all crypto market, interestingly....  And BTC Wall Observer is full of people talking of 'stability'.  Makes me feel the opposite...

I think you are excused a little head of steam now and again esp. when dealing with fuckwits.

I'll be honest, I have no idea wtf Dash is doing -- I posted a tweet by Charlie Lee a few weeks back in which he basically said "shit tech, no real privacy and lots of hot air marketing - not for me" and I think that sums up my attitude too.  One can only apportion so much energy to this crypto-shit, its pointless obsessing over a coin that you are not invested in either intellectually or financially.  Just block it out.

But I agree with you re BTC - the cultists have had their thumb in their arses about this EFT for so long I don't think they know what to think now.  I skimmed the SEC document and i can't say there's much I would disagree with.  It may have first mover advantage but it (BTC) has taken so many wrong turns over the years (and lost sight of any guiding principals, if any really existed) that its difficult to see where it is headed. 

An interesting figure you quote there of 80% - one thing the EFT might have done is get some new money into crypto.  That would have been good for everyone.  But I'd agree with you, BTC is probably going to go down before it goes up again, perhaps a slow bleed and a further influx of 'crypto is dead' trolls. #ennui Wink

OrangeP

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:32:34 AM

The "Dash is a scam" argument doesn't work. Open your eyes. Look at the price.
Fiat money is a scam too. No one cares.

bitwolf

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:33:07 AM

So ladies and gentlemen, we are heading to the final lap in this BIG millenial cryprobattle. And the prime contestants are:

Télécharger des photos

open your eyes...?  I'm not giving my money to scam,  I don't know what you meant to say.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 10:48:48 AM

I've tried to explain this all the time.
The fact that a coin has a premine doesn't make it scam in the first place. It is just the seed fund/starting capital of the project and means to pay to the developers.
That being said, I advice to be extremely critical to the coins with premine - the premine is incentivizing scammish activities (dump the premine to the noobs and run to the next scam). To claim Dark coin a scam is using the same logic that a start up is a scam because it has initial funding from the investors.
When it comes to pyramid schemes, any coin is a pyramid scheme: the new buyers bail the current holders/miners out. So in that sense Dark coin is not a scam either more than any other investment. Quite the opposite, the pyramid is the form of investment that can make one rich.
bitwolf

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 11:02:42 AM

The fact that a coin has a premine doesn't make it scam in the first place. It is just the seed fund/starting capital of the project and means to pay to the developers.
That being said, I advice to be extremely critical to the coins with premine - the premine is incentivizing scammish activities (dump the premine to the noobs and run to the next scam). To claim Dark coin a scam is using the same logic that a start up is a scam because it has initial funding from the investors.
When it comes to pyramid schemes, any coin is a pyramid scheme: the new buyers bail the current holders/miners out. So in that sense Dark coin is not a scam either more than any other investment. Quite the opposite, the pyramid is the form of investment that can make one rich.
2 Millions in the first 30 hours are still a bit too much, comparing to total 7 millions coins three and a half years later. Where did this money go? And btw you can't compare investment with a well known fiat currency which has a stable value to a just newly created one of thousands coins, started as a joke(from the devs). If they thought that darkcoin, dash, xcoin ... whatever will succeed why they didn't instamine like only 1000? Why 2 Millions. Thats what scam coins make.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 11:06:31 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2017, 12:19:14 PM by Globb0

I'll be honest, I have no idea wtf Dash is doing -- I posted a tweet by Charlie Lee a few weeks back in which he basically said "shit tech, no real privacy and lots of hot air marketing - not for me" and I think that sums up my attitude too.  One can only apportion so much energy to this crypto-shit, its pointless obsessing over a coin that you are not invested in either intellectually or financially.  Just block it out.

But I agree with you re BTC - the cultists have had their thumb in their arses about this EFT for so long I don't think they know what to think now.  I skimmed the SEC document and i can't say there's much I would disagree with.  It may have first mover advantage but it (BTC) has taken so many wrong turns over the years (and lost sight of any guiding principals, if any really existed) that its difficult to see where it is headed.  

I'm totally with you but I'm recalled back to Doge coin, silly coin all left it alone. Some made loads.

How different would BTC be with Satoshi in place, projects need visionaries. They do seem like headless chickens now.

Much wow yes

/P
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 11:43:32 AM

I think you are excused a little head of steam now and again esp. when dealing with fuckwits.

I'll be honest, I have no idea wtf Dash is doing -- I posted a tweet by Charlie Lee a few weeks back in which he basically said "shit tech, no real privacy and lots of hot air marketing - not for me" and I think that sums up my attitude too.  One can only apportion so much energy to this crypto-shit, its pointless obsessing over a coin that you are not invested in either intellectually or financially.  Just block it out.

But I agree with you re BTC - the cultists have had their thumb in their arses about this EFT for so long I don't think they know what to think now.  I skimmed the SEC document and i can't say there's much I would disagree with.  It may have first mover advantage but it (BTC) has taken so many wrong turns over the years (and lost sight of any guiding principals, if any really existed) that its difficult to see where it is headed.  

An interesting figure you quote there of 80% - one thing the EFT might have done is get some new money into crypto.  That would have been good for everyone.  But I'd agree with you, BTC is probably going to go down before it goes up again, perhaps a slow bleed and a further influx of 'crypto is dead' trolls. #ennui Wink

Yeah - I can't believe Dash other than a pretty smart campaign of shiny stuff and restricting supply plus walls and pumping by whales in conjunction with the central cabal, clever but it will end in tears.

The D-heads are such 'true believers' someone sent me a map of 'where to spend dash worldwide' via Polo trollbox and I checked it. In UK, all I could see was a company called 'party cakes for U' and a locksmiths in the north of England.  

OK no one has real retail adoption in crypto, not even BTC to a decent extent.  But really, the D-heads think it's already here.

I agree in SEC, was never convinced - I sold a lot of BTC to catch the drop and no bids were filled, which surprised me.

So - with all the potential stumbles ahead - a slide is looking likely.  And this is why alts are flourishing now - no way you will get 20% in a day on BTC anytime soon, other than maybe in losses...

But at $16.80 as I type, XMR is making my day rather special - been awfully quiet and having predicted a February breakout since last autumn, I was pretty down on the price.  

Now I see Monero was just getting out of bed a bit late and waiting for dash and BTC look rather toppy.

Pushing $17 now...  Hoo-bloody-ray!

我想要火箭和火车
OrangeP

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:04:09 PM

2 Millions in the first 30 hours are still a bit too much, comparing to total 7 millions coins three and a half years later. Where did this money go? And btw you can't compare investment with a well known fiat currency which has a stable value to a just newly created one of thousands coins, started as a joke(from the devs). If they thought that darkcoin, dash, xcoin ... whatever will succeed why they didn't instamine like only 1000? Why 2 Millions. Thats what scam coins make.

I agree! 100%. What I meant with open your eyes is that people just do not care. So unless the preminers kill the coin it will be well alive. And the preminers have no incentive to do so as they get nice profits from rising prices and running masternodes.

rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:24:50 PM

This time we're going all the way to 0.036+. Last chance to board the rocket.
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:32:42 PM

XMR will be the one coin profiting from the DASH bubble blasting. Have patience. XMR is still the cheapest coin with a real case use. Just watch the reddit user base growth in the last months. Wink It is pretty logical where the money from ETH and DASH will flow.

Hope its ok to quote myself.  Grin

You may be right eventually, but this increase isn't coming from a Dash-crash. Unfortunately.

Be patient young padawan.

The DASH crash will fuel the XMR rocket. The DASH pump is just the harbinger of the XMR spaceship going over 20 USD.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

... of the XMR spaceship going over 20 USD.

Understatement.

Make no mistake. XMR is about to do an easy double.
ultegra

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:43:29 PM

... of the XMR spaceship going over 20 USD.

Understatement.

Make no mistake. XMR is about to do an easy double.

those who kept the faith will be rewarded  Smiley

had no doubt that this was on the cards, my only hope is BTC does not tank.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 12:49:23 PM

Someone is trying hard to dump the price but its not getting them very far yet.

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:05:53 PM

Someone is trying hard to dump the price but its not getting them very far yet.

Hopefully shorters that will get killed!  Grin
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 01:48:37 PM

I've been in crypto long enough to tell you that price is absolutely no indicator of whether something is a 'scam' (Labcoin had a great price...oh it was a scam; NeoBee had a good price but...oh yeah it was a scam...and these are just the top of head projects that were going to change the world).

And please don't start with that 'fiat is a scam' shit - crypto is not going to solve the social problems caused by economics, finance or politics or indeed human nature.

Pages: « 1 ... 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 [1367] 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: