Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:44:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312384 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:15:10 PM

The "Dash is a scam" argument doesn't work. Open your eyes. Look at the price.
Fiat money is a scam too. No one cares.

I've been in crypto long enough to tell you that price is absolutely no indicator of whether something is a 'scam' (Labcoin had a great price...oh it was a scam; NeoBee had a good price but...oh yeah it was a scam...and these are just the top of head projects that were going to change the world).

And please don't start with that 'fiat is a scam' shit - crypto is not going to solve the social problems caused by economics, finance or politics or indeed human nature.

+1

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:34:56 PM

XMR staying above $16.00 right now on poloniex. I am praying that we can hit @20 this weekend,(dump from Dash into XMR. We will see!
The price of all the major coins are rising and do not expect people to dump a specific coin as you said from Dash to Monero as both coins are reaching their all time high valuation and it is highly unlikely it would see a correction in one coin,if we see a correction we will see in all the major coins and that is how things work.
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:43:45 PM

So, I've been thinking about what could possibly be driving "Darsh" to these absolutely stupid prices but nothing makes sense. So, besides the obvious things that others have pointed out I have bit of a conspiracy theory... if I was part of one of those government agencies with a three letter acronym, and I wanted to make a statement that cryptos even or especially the privacy touting coins were breakable and thus discourage the usage of all crypto, what would be the easiest target? And how would I go about it? 

As part of the government, I have deep pockets so I buy many thousands of that coin without caring about driving the price up, in order to set up a large number of Masternodes to track transactions between them. Now I can sit back gather info just like capturing cell phone traffic, and wait to blow up this network/coin and "Prove" that ALL crypto is not private. And it doesn't matter if it's really true or not I just have to create significant doubt.

Of course that would never work if they were trying to attack Monero.

I'm not saying that all the buying is being done by this agency, I'm saying that if you don't have a profit motive and you're planning to make something worthless anyway, you keep buying under the cover of a pump and you don't care about the price that much.

This is a "Possible" theory, maybe not probable and I'm not even saying I fully believe it myself but, when all reasonable causes can't possibly explain something then you maybe have to look at the more unlikely but plausible explanations.

So, now I've shown my lunacy...  please don't put me away!  Smiley
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:53:12 PM

So, I've been thinking about what could possibly be driving "Darsh" to these absolutely stupid prices but nothing makes sense. So, besides the obvious things that others have pointed out I have bit of a conspiracy theory... if I was part of one of those government agencies with a three letter acronym, and I wanted to make a statement that cryptos even or especially the privacy touting coins were breakable and thus discourage the usage of all crypto, what would be the easiest target? And how would I go about it?  

As part of the government, I have deep pockets so I buy many thousands of that coin without caring about driving the price up, in order to set up a large number of Masternodes to track transactions between them. Now I can sit back gather info just like capturing cell phone traffic, and wait to blow up this network/coin and "Prove" that ALL crypto is not private. And it doesn't matter if it's really true or not I just have to create significant doubt.

Of course that would never work if they were trying to attack Monero.

I'm not saying that all the buying is being done by this agency, I'm saying that if you don't have a profit motive and you're planning to make something worthless anyway, you keep buying under the cover of a pump and you don't care about the price that much.

This is a "Possible" theory, maybe not probable and I'm not even saying I fully believe it myself but, when all reasonable causes can't possibly explain something then you maybe have to look at the more unlikely but plausible explanations.

So, now I've shown my lunacy...  please don't put me away!  Smiley

I just think is scarcity due to Master Nodes.  People know it and want to make a kick buck.  I had made some BTC on Dash but unfortunately I got caught on this XMR down wind and lost it!

And now BTC decides to rally so I got double fucked!  I am holding to see if BTC crashes which wold spike XMR sky high I hope!
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 03:05:56 PM

Bitcoin price stabilizes after ETF and is going up again. Bull trend was obvious before SEC decision and it continues "to the moon". XMR will suffer again, very high volatility.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Nausicaa

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:58:08 PM

Got it in one. As a "clueless noobie", to quote a relentless troller on the Dash thread, I see that those in the Monero camp have a massive blindspot, about how, despite being less than a pristine and pure coin, Dash is succeeding. On Planet Monero, marketing seems to be a bad word, and user friendliness? Pshaw, too smart to need that!

Come on! If that is what it takes to elevate a "flawed" coin like Dash to greatness, then how amazing could a "superior" crypto like Monero be, if that strategy were adopted? Please be dispassionate, and look at it without bias. If Monero is technically better than Dash, and yet Dash outperforms Monero, then what could the difference be?

From this clueless noobie's viewpoint, the keys to domination in the Anonymous Coin Game appear to be marketing and user friendliness. And having trollers in the penalty box could be considered a negative factor as well.

Despite having better players, Monero is massively behind on points, as Dash is working better as a team, and its strategy is superior. Is it too late for Monero to learn this? The Anonymous Coin Game will only have one winner. Can M come from behind? Will D hang on for the win? Stay tuned!
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2017, 04:35:06 PM

Got it in one. As a "clueless noobie", to quote a relentless troller on the Dash thread, I see that those in the Monero camp have a massive blindspot, about how, despite being less than a pristine and pure coin, Dash is succeeding. On Planet Monero, marketing seems to be a bad word, and user friendliness? Pshaw, too smart to need that!

Come on! If that is what it takes to elevate a "flawed" coin like Dash to greatness, then how amazing could a "superior" crypto like Monero be, if that strategy were adopted? Please be dispassionate, and look at it without bias. If Monero is technically better than Dash, and yet Dash outperforms Monero, then what could the difference be?

From this clueless noobie's viewpoint, the keys to domination in the Anonymous Coin Game appear to be marketing and user friendliness. And having trollers in the penalty box could be considered a negative factor as well.

Despite having better players, Monero is massively behind on points, as Dash is working better as a team, and its strategy is superior. Is it too late for Monero to learn this? The Anonymous Coin Game will only have one winner. Can M come from behind? Will D hang on for the win? Stay tuned!

Dash will continue with pump and dumps while the superior anonymity of Monero will trump in time. The GUI is fine now the only pieces missing are a hardware wallet and Android light wallet app. Monero is a community effort, get involved contribute time or donate bitcoin.

rangedriver

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:39:55 PM

Dash is turning into the Alex Jones of the crypto-world. It's being artificially pushed in people's faces simply because it doesn't represent a threat to anyone. Easy to control, protagonists that are easy to bribe/hire, and anonymity that is easy to break.

It's worth remembering that Dash only really has a very small community mostly of speculators, whereas Monero has a tripodic community of political activists, cryptographic nerds as well as speculators.

Recently, Monero's IRC stats eclipsed Ethereum for the first time which has historically been a great indicator as to measuring the size of a crypto's longevity. It's in a completely different league effectively. Keep your eyes on Coinbase.

I fully understand though the determination of some of the Dash investors to try to recapture some semblance of credibility, but it's unlikely to last.

As soon as the Dash markets start to turn negative, the inevitable speculative propaganda levied against it by shorters will be far too rich for Dash to maintain any kind of foothold. People like to talk the talk while the sun is shining, but oh how quickly will the rains come as it begins to cloud over.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 04:42:37 PM

The thing is, Monero doesn't work like that, it has no central funds and consequent marketing budget.  Also It cannot restrict supply, it's all open to the market.

Evan, his whales and the nodes can act in concert to make moves, to create expensive marketing in a way Monero cannot.

However, that is also its appeal - it is not centralised, there is no controlling central force and the price IS the price, it cannot be artificial.

So, while we are perhaps jealous of Dash's marketing (and price) we know Monero is fundamentally honest and open, there is no cabal of self-interested parties controlling it and ramping up the price.

Dash may win for now, yes - it has had a stunning run and made a leap in profile, brand recognition...

But you know what, I will keep my Monero, thanks - and I know why.

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:08:28 PM

BTC spoiled the party somewhat and I confess I was totally wrong-footed by it.

I was not expecting a post 'ETF declined' BTC price to be anywhere near this level.

I hold both but the XMR run is overdue and looked so strong.

Crypto, eh!

我想要火箭和火车
Nausicaa

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:18:04 PM

Thanks for the responses. Very useful in my quest to determine which anoni-coin to support.

But, too bad you can't rein in the relentless trollers in the Dash thread. They are delusional to think their tactics will convert anyone on the fence (in a Dash thread, lol), and in fact, initially turned me against Monero.

I really don't know if Monero can succeed against the advantages that Dash is using so well, the marketing and user friendliness. Because a coin without a user base, a robust network, seems rather pointless. Nevertheless, it's a good fight, very entertaining. But it's not enough to have more ability. You still have to win in the ring.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:21:09 PM

Bashing the competitor is a sign of own weakness and therefore a terrible move to make in terms of PR.

The strength of Dark coin is that it is centralized and 4.1 million coins are locked in masternodes so the pumping can be done only with 3 million coins and thus create an illusion of mass adoption.
rangedriver

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:29:39 PM

Bashing the competitor is a sign of own weakness and therefore a terrible move to make in terms of PR.

The strength of Dark coin is that it is centralized and 4.1 million coins are locked in masternodes so the pumping can be done only with 3 million coins and thus create an illusion of mass adoption.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:31:44 PM

I cannot help myself... I am on troll mode now.  Grin
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:36:30 PM

and the preminer can take their time in gradually checking out
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 05:57:15 PM

Thanks for the responses. Very useful in my quest to determine which anoni-coin to support.

But, too bad you can't rein in the relentless trollers in the Dash thread. They are delusional to think their tactics will convert anyone on the fence (in a Dash thread, lol), and in fact, initially turned me against Monero.

I really don't know if Monero can succeed against the advantages that Dash is using so well, the marketing and user friendliness. Because a coin without a user base, a robust network, seems rather pointless. Nevertheless, it's a good fight, very entertaining. But it's not enough to have more ability. You still have to win in the ring.

It's not encouraged by anyone and personally I will spar in the trollbox on Polo with any coin, but I never go into the Dash thread to troll.  I think most of us would not bother (irrespective of our feelings on a coin) as it seems a bit like playground stuff.

Dash has leaped ahead, yes - but how sustainable pure marketing is without the tech to back it up, remains to be seen.  Dash has little real use (no coin has really got traditional retail traction) and the security of network is not a point I would concede given the centralised nature of Dash and it's old-tech based upon BTC code.

Anonymity is a seriously valuable battle ground, the prize is worth fighting for but it's a little early to bet on a winner in crypto.  Price is no indicator of success; BTC is at all time highs, yet even the most important crypto it is riven with infighting and may even have a contentious hard fork split, plus the transactions back up and cost of transactions shows it is not working nearly as well as it should.

Everyone agrees a 'privacy coin' has a place, but it's a way to go.  ETH had a fork, ZEC, a disastrous launch.  I would at least hedge my bets if I were you.  Monero's tech is superior, even if Dash is stealing the limelight for now.  

Good luck with whatever you do.

我想要火箭和火车
ultegra

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:30:43 PM

If trollers in the dash thread initially turned you against Monero then maybe you should not be investing in Monero. Trolls should not have any effect on your decision on which tech/coin to invest in, just do your own due diligence using credible sources.

and the advantages that you mention Dash having "marketing and user friendliness" are not advantages over technical robustness in any way - they are purely transient. and monero has already won in the ring...with its use of ring signatures.
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:07:25 PM

Hm Monero just broke out from the giant 6 months wedge. This will be a huge ride  Cheesy
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:15:00 PM

If trollers in the dash thread initially turned you against Monero then maybe you should not be investing in Monero. Trolls should not have any effect on your decision on which tech/coin to invest in, just do your own due diligence using credible sources.

and the advantages that you mention Dash having "marketing and user friendliness" are not advantages over technical robustness in any way - they are purely transient. and monero has already won in the ring...with its use of ring signatures.

Truthfully, Monero is the Ring Leader  Cheesy
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 08:30:21 PM

Ha! Pun-tastic stuff...

At least Moneroans have a sense of fun.

And on the speculation front, concerning the 'Amanda-less' coin we follow - more price action.   Rising again - having anther go at 0.014x levels, with buy side up above 2K BTC on Polo...

The spike is not over just yet.

我想要火箭和火车
Pages: « 1 ... 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: