Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 [1404] 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312366 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:22:22 PM

I'm still missing how dash is involved.

A falling DASH/XBT or DASH/USD is an indicator that anyone who is short Monero would be wise to pay attention to. Just look for example at what happened in August 2016. First Dash falls then Monero rises. Theoretically one can make a case that the Monero markets are un-correlated to the Dash markets; however there is still a significant amount of emotion on the subject in both the Monero and Dash communities for short term leveraged traders to ignore.

Ahh.  An oft noted correlation.  Thank you for the explanation, I DID take it as an April Fools joke Cheesy.  Dash is still 3x what it was when my eyebrows started to rise, so there may yet be time for wisdom, if no native affinity, among Monero shorters.
I didn’t know the correlation too. Do you know why that is tough?
I mean why is there a correlation between dash price rising and monero price dropping? Is there like a eth,etc type of deal between them? What is the history that causes this reverse prices?

No idea, just always seems that after Dash goes up and comes down, the capital shifts to Monero.  Will it happen again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:23:06 PM

Dont know why Projects like Monero are at Lower Price than the Shit Projects like DASH with Instamined Supply..

Monero should be atleast at No. 3

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:34:46 PM

Dont know why Projects like Monero are at Lower Price than the Shit Projects like DASH with Instamined Supply..

The market does not agree with you.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:40:29 PM

No idea, just always seems that after Dash goes up and comes down, the capital shifts to Monero.  Will it happen again?

I am of the opinion that many larger investors enter crypto alts through Dash because of the marketing and after awhile they realize it's snake oil and being large investors they know how to make an exit with profit and shift to the better tech.

Thank you for the explanation. So "CON" exists? Ok. Nice one. Sometimes I wish we had at least one obsessive sociopath on our team to troll you guys, just for the fun of reading the exhanges, but they somehow all ended on your team.
Imho the only "significant amount of emotion" about Monero on the DASH side is that we keep getting stalked by Icey and the likes. Otherwise I really respect and like XMR actually and I appreciate that at least smooth has stopped the harassment (I still think it has something to do with the fact that he witnessed an actual intentional fraudulent launch with Steemit that he does not want to write about for some reason, but what do I know...maybe he will be a guest in some Tone Vays Show to talk about it one day).

Anyway, good luck XMR! See some of you in the DASH ANN again!

Very nice post, I hope to see more of the same. Smiley

The market does not agree with you.

Apparently he wasn't around for the market going nuts over the "Pet Rock". LOL

Marketing is king.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:12:29 PM

Heh

Madness in all directions

Poloniex crashing all day yesterday

Different ALTS going crazy

...and Monero still right there about $20  Cheesy

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Peanutbutterpolka

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:15:50 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 05:34:05 PM by Peanutbutterpolka

Is mymonero site working for you guys? It's hung up on a transaction now for a few hours, what gives?

It seemed a little iffy yesterday as well.

How long do these hang ups normally last? I can't send anything else right now either. My account is in essence frozen as it says unconfirmed for a few hours now. I can't even make any other transactions.  Sad
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

Guys, as a lot of the Dash people seem to sincerely believe that coinbase is gonna add them first  but I think around here we-all pretty much believe (more likely based on what Armstrong, Lee, etc have actually *said* lately, not to mention their actual POLL results) that it's going to be MONERO next up on their platform as the #3 crypto coin gonna be made available to the mass market... it's occurred to me today that maybe something ELSE may be in the works rather than just us or them being disappointed when this news finally comes.

Seems to me that IF maybe coinbase doesn't want to be seen as 'playing favorites' or engaging in any action that could be construed as 'manipulating the markets' maybe if they're seriously gonna add either Dash or XMR next, it might be that they kinda have to ADD BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME??

Picking one or the other right now, especially in light of recent events, has many pro/con aspects to either decision and seems to me there's no clear correct choice other than don't do either of them OR -- better -- just do 'em both at once!!

So, is that crazy thinking or does anyone else here see maybe this might be how it'd have to play out...?

Coinbase have said that their long-term goal is to add multiple coins so it's not necessarily a case of either/or.

That said, given what Lee has said about Dash, I just can't imagine how Coinbase could offer it without undermining their credibility. If their Director of Engineering believes that Dash is a scam, how could they possibly then defend it to their customers? Either it is a scam - in which case they shouldn't be offering it - or their Director of Engineering is not to be trusted, in which case he shouldn't be their D of E anymore. They can't have it both ways.

There is also the possibility that it might be another coin(s) entirely. Litecoin, for example. Or Decred, or even the Basic Attention Token (both of which have had positive recognition by Armstrong and Lee).

My money is still on Monero. Fingers crossed.

Baguette Holder.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:29:58 PM

Guys, as a lot of the Dash people seem to sincerely believe that coinbase is gonna add them first  but I think around here we-all pretty much believe (more likely based on what Armstrong, Lee, etc have actually *said* lately, not to mention their actual POLL results) that it's going to be MONERO next up on their platform as the #3 crypto coin gonna be made available to the mass market... it's occurred to me today that maybe something ELSE may be in the works rather than just us or them being disappointed when this news finally comes.

Seems to me that IF maybe coinbase doesn't want to be seen as 'playing favorites' or engaging in any action that could be construed as 'manipulating the markets' maybe if they're seriously gonna add either Dash or XMR next, it might be that they kinda have to ADD BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME??

Picking one or the other right now, especially in light of recent events, has many pro/con aspects to either decision and seems to me there's no clear correct choice other than don't do either of them OR -- better -- just do 'em both at once!!

So, is that crazy thinking or does anyone else here see maybe this might be how it'd have to play out...?

I'd be very surprised if they added DASH given Charlie's opinion on it.

Much more likely would be Monero with Decred, and/or Litecoin depending on volume.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:32:16 PM

Guys, as a lot of the Dash people seem to sincerely believe that coinbase is gonna add them first Huh but I think around here we-all pretty much believe (more likely based on what Armstrong, Lee, etc have actually *said* lately, not to mention their actual POLL results) that it's going to be MONERO next up on their platform as the #3 crypto coin gonna be made available to the mass market... it's occurred to me today that maybe something ELSE may be in the works rather than just us or them being disappointed when this news finally comes.

and...

WTF is there an echo in here?  LOL

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Peanutbutterpolka

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:42:31 PM

Is mymonero site working for you guys? It's hung up on a transaction now for a few hours, what gives?

It seemed a little iffy yesterday as well.

How long do these hang ups normally last? I can't send anything else right now either. My account is in essence frozen as it says unconfirmed for a few hours now. I can't even make any other transactions.  Sad

Do transactions time out on mymonero? What is the normal wait when something is hung up?
c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:12:41 PM

Yes, Monero is technologically superior to Dash and Charlie doesn't like Dash. Still, my guess is that XMR and Dash will both be added to Coinbase because there are people at Coinbase who outrank Charlie and their responsibility is to make money for the company (which I'm not opposed to). They added ETH which doesn't honor contracts. So, if there's money to be made on an in-demand coin, it will be added, even if the tech is sub-par. I'd like to be wrong on this though.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:20:56 PM

Yes, Monero is technologically superior to Dash and Charlie doesn't like Dash. Still, my guess is that XMR and Dash will both be added to Coinbase because there are people at Coinbase who outrank Charlie and their responsibility is to make money for the company (which I'm not opposed to). So, if there's money to be made on an in-demand coin, it will be added, even if the tech is sub-par. I'd like to be wrong on this though.

But is it in demand though? I think not.

Sure, Dash recently enjoyed a peculiar pump. But the community stats and overall community industry is still far below par. The only people waving Dash's flag are those employed to do so. It doesn't have any other credibility to the extent that people would genuinely be passionate about it.

For example, why didn't Dash manage to get a logo on /r/place, where Monero, Bitcoin and Ethereum succeeded?

The answer is because no-one was employed to make it.
c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:34:45 PM

Yes, Monero is technologically superior to Dash and Charlie doesn't like Dash. Still, my guess is that XMR and Dash will both be added to Coinbase because there are people at Coinbase who outrank Charlie and their responsibility is to make money for the company (which I'm not opposed to). So, if there's money to be made on an in-demand coin, it will be added, even if the tech is sub-par. I'd like to be wrong on this though.

But is it in demand though? I think not.

Sure, Dash recently enjoyed a peculiar pump. But the community stats and overall community industry is still far below par. The only people waving Dash's flag are those employed to do so. It doesn't have any other credibility to the extent that people would genuinely be passionate about it.

For example, why didn't Dash manage to get a logo on /r/place, where Monero, Bitcoin and Ethereum succeeded?

The answer is because no-one was employed to make it.

All good points. I'm thinking in terms of profit per transaction, which is how Coinbase would make their money. Currently on Polo, Dash is #3 in terms of volume, and on coinmarketcap it's #4 with a 24-hour volume of $46,019,300. Granted, that is far below BTC and ETH, but it still would look attractive to a company which makes money on a per-transaction basis. Just to be clear: I think Dash is immoral with its instamine and is either a pyramid scheme or very close to it...but people buy junk every day.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:06:22 PM

In other news...

BTC at 1135 and Honeypony is rising like it doesn't give a shit.

Back in the mid .018s as I type with a good green candles showing (against BTC) and nudging up towards $21 in USD terms.

Something afoot? 

Keep an eye, this is not a move I expected with BTC so bullish.

我想要火箭和火车
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:22:48 PM

In other news...

Back in the mid .018s as I type with a good green candles showing (against BTC) and nudging up towards $21 in USD terms.

Something afoot? 

BTC lending rates dropped by half (<0.12%) so more margin longs?
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:49:24 PM

One can borrow DASH at a lending rate of approximately one third of that for XBT. Cryptocurrency on margin is a an extremely high risk business and not for the faint of heart.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:40:00 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2017, 09:03:43 PM by kurious

One can borrow DASH at a lending rate of approximately one third of that for XBT. Cryptocurrency on margin is a an extremely high risk business and not for the faint of heart.

Yes, but the lending rates do tell a story...

EDIT: Monero rate holding its own - $21 suggests strength against a rising BTC.   This is pent up demand.  If BTC drops (and I think it will) we are well set.

EDIT 2: XRP down 35%, Dash is 'over', ETH down 10%... Monero: holding well.  I am becoming quietly confident the smart money is coming home.

我想要火箭和火车
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:51:57 PM

In other news...

Something afoot? 

You can't really judge by the rates.  You need to keep track of available from point a to point b.  The rates can fluctuate based on loans closing and people trying to get the first available rate.  Some don't seem to mind losing 50% on the percentage, as long as their loan offer is always filled. 

So if the rates dropped the available should have increased and that would mean less margin longs.  Bearish.... 

FOMOFish

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:52:56 PM

Top of pennant on xmr. Could be a nice reshort. I have  begun scaling more shorts with a sl at 0.0185, with green pl from my 193 short.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:05:04 PM

In other news...

Something afoot? 

A big factor affecting rates is the possibility of a fork. If you have your coins lent out you won't get the second coin. Looking at BCU on bitfinex, it is down from 200 to 150, so a significant drop in the expected value of the second coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 [1404] 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: