Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582897 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 10:01:21 PM

you are correct. Syscoin can be merge mined with any scrypt coin. IMO mining Syscoin alone is a waste of hashrate since you can get just as many as merged mining but with merged mining you will also get other coins that you can sell to buy more Syscoin!

is there a pool for mining syscoin? thanks

Pools:

Merge Mining Pools (Use these, normal pools will not have much hash any more)

Normal Pools (Note, these will likely not be the best way to mine Syscoin anymore. Use merge mining pools)

is it still worth it to mine sys? i only have 1 280x. or maybe i should just buy more?

also i saw that the normal pools doesnt have hashrate cant i just solo mine sys? or merged mining pools also mine sys?

SYS is merged mined coin( any scrypt coin as i remember)

sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 10:28:08 PM

Hey Syscoin Community,

Please join us in getting Syscoin traded on CEX.IO! All you need to do is post a quick comment saying that you would like Syscoin to be there on the following thread!:

https://support.cex.io/hc/communities/public/questions/203280507-Please-add-Syscoin-A-revolutionary-cryptocurrency-that-fights-for-justice-

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 01:15:14 AM

Hey Syscoin Community,

Please join us in getting Syscoin traded on CEX.IO! All you need to do is post a quick comment saying that you would like Syscoin to be there on the following thread!:

https://support.cex.io/hc/communities/public/questions/203280507-Please-add-Syscoin-A-revolutionary-cryptocurrency-that-fights-for-justice-

+100!

Also- I'm working on getting these beta3 clients together right now; Please be aware we do expect their to be some quirks and "doesn't work for me" in regards to how we've implemented URIs to make the SYS decentralized market purchase flow more user-friendly. Because URI handling is very operating-system specific we'll have fields for you to easily copy/paste the data into the Syscoin wallet if for some reason the URIs aren't working in your environment (this will all be in a blog post; tonight or tomm).

If you find the URIs (magic lil things that allow us to send commands to your local syscoin wallet from a website [blockmarket] using the syscoin:// protocol) do not work for you, please post in the thread we'll create and let us know your exact environment so we can try to address it for as many environments as possible.  Smiley

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 04:33:59 AM

Syscoin v1.5.2 beta3 QT wallet and windows installers now available! Please make sure to backup your wallets (as always) before using this and also make sure that your running it on the testnet.

https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/releases/tag/0.1.5.2b3

We will have the Blockmarket beta3 web interfaces up tomorrow night as well as a blog post- spent extra time tonight making sure that beta3 wasn't introducing forks and it passed all the tests I could throw at it with flying colors. The web side of things will be updated tomorrow and this includes the Free-For-All market which is currently down until it gets the beta3 update.

Stay tuned! So much going on behind the scenes  Lips sealed

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
vince232

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 04:38:23 AM

Syscoin v1.5.2 beta3 QT wallet and windows installers now available! Please make sure to backup your wallets (as always) before using this and also make sure that your running it on the testnet.

We will have the Blockmarket beta3 web interfaces up tomorrow night as well as a blog post- spent extra time tonight making sure that beta3 wasn't introducing forks and it passed all the tests I could throw at it with flying colors. The web side of things will be updated tomorrow and this includes the Free-For-All market which is currently down until it gets the beta3 update.

sorry but how can i run it on testnet? sorry noob here.
maybe you can put up a simple guide thanks!
mario012

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:19:47 AM

Hey Syscoin Community,

Guys this is a really important thing so please comment that you want Sys to be listed! If you're not registered it literally takes less than 5 minutes! I commented already (connie012). Keep up the good work Sys!
mario012

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:21:07 AM

Keep up the AWESOME WORK DAN! YOU GUYS ROCK! Can't wait for tomorrow
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 05:32:30 AM

sorry but how can i run it on testnet? sorry noob here.
maybe you can put up a simple guide thanks!

No worries- and yes will definitely post a mini-guide in the blog post as well as a video of what you "should" experience when using the blockmarket beta 3 web UI with the Syscoin 1.5.2 beta3 QT wallet. We don't have any nodes on the testnet running ourself atm (because we were using them for testing in a controlled environment) but you should be able to connect to other nodes on the testnet.

Quick guide before a more in-depth one is up tomorrow:
1. Close your wallet.
2. Rename rename your syscoin.conf file to syscoin.conf.real
3. Create a new textfile called syscoin.conf, make its contents:
Code:
addnode=104.131.228.46
addnode=128.199.43.239
cakenet=1
4. Save and close, open up the beta3 wallet and wait for it to sync with those nodes Smiley

Please remember that the above method will force your normal wallet to run in testnet mode all the time, to switch back to the "main net" just close the wallet, rename the new syscoin.conf -> syscoin.conf.test and change syscoin.conf.real -> syscoin.conf and then relaunch the wallet.

Hope that helps! More detailed info tomorrow, and the UK side of the team should be awake soon and can help you out in Slack if you have further questions or issues getting up and connected to the testnet. We'll add additional nodes to the testnet tomorrow as well and post their IPs Smiley

*Note: What we refer to as "testnet" is actually cakenet- a special subnetwork similar to a testnet within Syscoin which allows for faster mining, coin maturity and testing. We use cakenet rather than testnet because of the increased testing speed (there IS a Syscoin testnet- which is less utilized). You can verify your on cakenet as your address will start with a "T" and running "getinfo" from the console will show cakenet: true, testnet: false (along with the other output from that command).

mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:09:44 PM

We'll be pushing an update to the Blockmarket via syscoin.market and adding items. Specific Items shown here (although via a cakenet) will be fulfilled so please use correct data when making a purchase.

Quick guide before a more in-depth one is up tomorrow:
1. Close your wallet.
2. Rename rename your syscoin.conf file to syscoin.conf.real
3. Create a new textfile called syscoin.conf, make its contents:

Code:
addnode=104.131.228.46
addnode=128.199.43.239
cakenet=1

4. Save and close, open up the beta3 wallet and wait for it to sync with those nodes

You can download the Beta 3 wallet here, HERE

"In this release the purchase flow in the wallet has changed such that when you accept an offer, the wallet will now wait for the offer purchase to be confirmed and then it will allow you to pay for that item, thereby completing the transaction.

You can enter your shipping information directly into the QT client. You can also click the "Pay Now" button from the Syscoin Blockmarket web UI to automatically have your payment details passed to your local wallet and simply accept/pay from your local wallet for items being purchased from a given blockmarket web interface."

Beta 3 Marketplace Incentive: Upon recieving your purchase from the blockmarket via syscoin.market tweet a picture of your item to us via @syscoin on twitter, and we'll send you 5000 SYS as a thankyou (Follow us and we'll follow back, inbox us via Direct Message with your SYS address).

Products:

Syscoin USB 1GB
Syscoin Phone Case (Samsung Galaxy S4,S5,iPhone 4,4s,5,5s,6,6 Plus, HTC One M8, HTC Desire)
Syscoin MUG (UK Only)

Shipping Information:

UK: Within 5-7 Working Days (Royal Mail First Class for Small Items, Nationwide Courier for Mugs)
USA/CAN 5 - 7 Working Days
Worldwide Locations 5 - 10 Working Days

For more informaton, please see HERE

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
vince232

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:41:47 PM

Any pr and marketing strategy for this coin?
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 09:58:25 PM

Did you just skip the above intentionally?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
vince232

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:19:55 PM

Did you just skip the above intentionally?

Why is that a pr or marketing strategy for more people to know about sys?
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:25:35 PM

You folks see this?  http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-race-for-the-first-decentralised-silk-road-is-on

Isn't Syscoin ahead of these guys in terms of a decentralized marketplace? ( minus the chat system perhaps )

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 10:28:32 PM

You folks see this?  http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-race-for-the-first-decentralised-silk-road-is-on

Isn't Syscoin ahead of these guys in terms of a decentralized marketplace? ( minus the chat system perhaps )

Yes... they also are trying to "extend" the chat system which is p2p based to do a marketplace... nodes must be always online for offers to remain visible.. it has drawbacks compared to blockchain approach.

Anyways they are just doing the photoshop conversion now to create an html template and i dont think they have a backend yet which is most the work, unless its not on their github.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:22:47 PM

You folks see this?  http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-race-for-the-first-decentralised-silk-road-is-on

Yes... they also are trying to "extend" the chat system which is p2p based to do a marketplace... nodes must be always online for offers to remain visible.. it has drawbacks compared to blockchain approach.

Anyways they are just doing the photoshop conversion now to create an html template and i dont think they have a backend yet which is most the work, unless its not on their github.

there are many spies from shadowcoin community here
Just waiting to copy and paste the sys code
all sdc features was copied from other coins on a crap way
"html5 wallet" is i/o coin crap copy, mobile stake wallet is a librex coin crap copy, anon system is based on xst stealthsend white paper on a crap way and i'm sure that sdc market will be a blockmarket crap copy too
vince232

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:25:10 PM

"html5 wallet" is i/o coin crap copy, mobile stake wallet is a librex coin crap copy, anon system is based on xst stealthsend white paper on a crap way and i'm sure that sdc market will be a blockmarket crap copy too

and sys dev team should copy on how they promote sdc.

the only thing lacking for this coin to rise is promotion
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:31:16 AM

I have a 'feeling' Syscoin is ahead here... but I agree... that marketing they have ( and notice in articles like that one ) we don't have.... so perhaps, besides smart Devs, Syscoin needs a marketing guru to step in....

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:13:19 AM

This is the first time I hear of Sys, I am gonna investigate further more, it looks interesting.
Cheers

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:19:59 AM

and sys dev team should copy on how they promote sdc.

the only thing lacking for this coin to rise is promotion

If dev wanted promotion he can use this https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/marketing-seo/2000-twitter-followers-drip/

or this https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/creative-services/twitter-accounts-with-10000-readers-2013-year/

Its cheap Grin

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:31:15 AM

I have a 'feeling' Syscoin is ahead here... but I agree... that marketing they have ( and notice in articles like that one ) we don't have.... so perhaps, besides smart Devs, Syscoin needs a marketing guru to step in....

We're very aware of this but also that we need to make sure our offering / distinction from SDC is clear when we put out those marketing materials. SDC does NOT store offers on the blockchain, you have to have your node up and running at all times to sell your goods. SYS stores offers on the chain, so long as ANY Syscoin node is up, your items can be purchased. MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

Also, because SYS offers are backed by the chain they are also more secure in that they are harder to fake, forge, etc. There are other advantages to using SYS that I can't disclose yet due to ongoing partnership discussions but you're right- we do need to step up marketing now that "the race is on" but I still feel our tech is well ahead of the competition (decentralized-market wise).

I'm working on rolling out the Blockmarket Beta3 web UI right now, give me a few hrs and I'll have it and the blog post about it up Smiley

Also something to point out is that SDC is clearly targeting the 1% of the global market that wants to use their platform for (lets be honest)- "Darknet" purchases. While the SYS team makes no stipulations on what you can and can't sell on the SYS blockchain, nor do we have any control over it- we are really thinking and targeting SYS towards more mainstream use cases (the 99%)- thus integrations with Magento, Press2Shop, etc. Challenging eBay and Craigslist. Acting as a redundancy mechanism for mainstream merchants like Amazon- we WILL be approaching these parties when the time is right. These are the type of players you approach once you have a complete and holistic offering which Blockmarket is evolving into being along with the syscoin-api already publicly available in our GitHub repo.

While it is inevitable that SYS will probably materialize in a DNM fashion in one form or another [first], that's not our main target. That being said, the flexibility the SYS decentralized market implementation offers through public, private, and curated markets is another value-add that the competition's implementation does not support. We're watching the competition closely; SDC has good marketing, but I think other competitors that store their offers on-chain are a much bigger threat... and there aren't that many of them out there Wink

We'll be reaching out to journos very soon now that beta 3 is more tightly integrated with the wallet, sorry but to me that motherboard article read like a paid plug piece for SDC. Good marketing for sure though! We're taking note, the value of marketing like that is not lost on us  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: