Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582883 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
altcoin4u

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:17:45 PM

Concerned about upgrade tonight as I am getting error trying to load from Zip file. I have Extracted files but still get following error:

"The program can't start because libwinpthread-1.dll is missing from your computer."

Can developers please add upgrade tonight to include exec file for loading.

Regards

It should be included in the zip file (This is related to Windows 8 I take it). Extracted files and checked myself and its there alright.

Windows 7 Pro
Yes I do see the file when extracted. Still getting error after extracted. Had no trouble originally loading wallet from Syscoin-Qt-0.1.3.0 when exec file.
Thanks for the help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:29:36 PM

Problem with SYS that everyone who wanted it already has it (ICO lasted long) and other people have no reason to buy it. This is why there is no demand.
Yeah, it will be tough recovery. Merged mining together with regenerated fees also going back to miners will bring more dumping every day because it cost them nothing to mine (it's a bonus, free money).

Merged mining = more hash. Not more rewards.
Regenerated fees will reuse the fees, not generate more that does not already exist and is all based on usage. Usage goes up = more rewards for miners.. But will at the same time also require that people get Syscoins from somewhere to actually use the services.
(So yes it is a good thing)
danen

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:46:03 PM

Problem with SYS that everyone who wanted it already has it (ICO lasted long) and other people have no reason to buy it. This is why there is no demand.
Yeah, it will be tough recovery. Merged mining together with regenerated fees also going back to miners will bring more dumping every day because it cost them nothing to mine (it's a bonus, free money).

Merged mining = more hash. Not more rewards.
Regenerated fees will reuse the fees, not generate more that does not already exist and is all based on usage. Usage goes up = more rewards for miners.. But will at the same time also require that people get Syscoins from somewhere to actually use the services.
(So yes it is a good thing)

Yeah, I understand how it works. Just saying that I doubt miners will hold what they mine. So as usage rise and more people spend on features, more coins for miners to dump. It's healthy for the network, but we will see what it will do to price. There was too many problems and people lost fair amount of confidence. It will take time and work getting done to restore that. At this point a choice is whether to sell at a loss or hold and wait. One can only hope the latter will prove to be the right one, but you know what they say, you should never rely on hope when trading Smiley
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:28:54 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 03:40:34 PM by snipsnoop

We are getting ready to release Syscoin v0.1.4 TONIGHT. THIS IS A PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT!

A MANDATORY Client Upgrade v0.1.4 will be released 8/27 @ 8pm EDT. The code on github will be updated at this time as well. Please be READY to update at this time.

This update introduces 2 major enhancements- MERGED MINING WITH ANY SCRYPT COIN and REGENERATED SERVICE FEES FOR MINERS. This release also includes a stability fix for pool operators.

No action is needed right now. This is a pre-announcement so that users, pool operators and exchanges can be ready to update this evening.

Just want to keep this bumped for the people/miners/pools who are just waking up.
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:42:43 PM

did  the devs get  their  funds of moolah...or they still pushing for more action  before they release funds..and  don,t worry every one all be good soon....

I doesn't change anything for investors. You don't need all those BTC to improve on PR. Devs need to understand that they concentrare too much on tech and not enough on PR. This is why volume is almost non existent. We need to tel new people why this coin is good investment.

I agree. It could be the best coin in the world but no one will know without some type of marketing push.
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:43:52 PM

Think many just want a quick buck, this coin has long term vision. As an investor and miner I don't want pump and dumps here, i want money outside of crypto invested and business partnerships build on fact the tech is innovative and solid, network hash is strong and lot of interest to hold and spend.

Cryptos are very toxic place, and real innovation is just thrown out door with these whales. I hope very soon the syscoin/mintpal/USD market opens, and we can get fresh new people easier into cryptos, that will be more likely to hold and spend than pump and dump.

Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:45:47 PM

Think many just want a quick buck, this coin has long term vision. As an investor and miner I don't want pump and dumps here, i want money outside of crypto invested and business partnerships build on fact the tech is innovative and solid, network hash is strong and lot of interest to hold and spend.

Cryptos are very toxic place, and real innovation is just thrown out door with these whales. I hope very soon the syscoin/mintpal/USD market opens, and we can get fresh new people easier into cryptos, that will be more likely to hold and spend than pump and dump.

I've been following the threads mostly but I don't have any clear idea if how to spend the syscoin a or how much it costs etc.

There is a lack of understanding and advertise of capabilities.  The easier it is the better off for the coin. People don't like to do a lot of research they will just go the easiest route. Just the nature of most people.

That easy route doesn't exist for this.
manbot1

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:46:12 PM

did  the devs get  their  funds of moolah...or they still pushing for more action  before they release funds..and  don,t worry every one all be good soon....

I doesn't change anything for investors. You don't need all those BTC to improve on PR. Devs need to understand that they concentrare too much on tech and not enough on PR. This is why volume is almost non existent. We need to tel new people why this coin is good investment.
well if you don,t need any bitcoin for pr why you not do it then?.. because no one does nowt for nowt people av families and mouths to feed...so you do it then it all helps .....
john312

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:57:10 PM

This is common misunderstanding.
In crypto innovation without PR is nothing.

Most popular wrong beliefs in crypto are as follows:
- whale is surpressing the price
- the coin will rebound
- we are here long term

If you see such comments it means that we have a problem.
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

I'm an investor too and also a pool operator and I have not accepted anything at this point since the coin has really only been out for what is it? - 7 days - 10 days?

did you seriously expect to double or triple your money in a few days - for heavens sake man - this is just the beginning.

I've been working closely with the devs on the wallet problem and I have come to respect them for their diligence and professional behavior.

I for one am very optimistic!

Smiley

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

I know that devs agreed not to reply to FUD but as a long time Sys supporter I have to agree that PR/marketing is quite poor. Most people need clear reason to invest in a coin, we need more promotion.

jjj0923

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 05:50:20 PM

I know that devs agreed not to reply to FUD but as a long time Sys supporter I have to agree that PR/marketing is quite poor. Most people need clear reason to invest in a coin, we need more promotion.

how about you let them all come up for a breath of air after this new wallet is released and I'm sure they'll get started on their marketing efforts - in all seriousness - the last 7 days haven't exactly been the best days to go out and try to draw attention to you new coin - right ? LOL

that time will come!

Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
mauriek

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:00:41 PM

I'm an investor too and also a pool operator and I have not accepted anything at this point since the coin has really only been out for what is it? - 7 days - 10 days?

did you seriously expect to double or triple your money in a few days - for heavens sake man - this is just the beginning.

I've been working closely with the devs on the wallet problem and I have come to respect them for their diligence and professional behavior.

I for one am very optimistic!

Smiley

Yeah..that is one opinion i full agree.

on the other hand, i also think this opinion is have some point too, most people still did not know what is the advantage of Syscoin, i have been registered user in this forum since 2011 and one of early crypto fan still have problem understanding many terms in first page OP, only after many reads and self research i can grasp some of it, and most peoples also don't know what Syscoin might impact in general business, it's all so technical and difficult to appeal new general audience. hell i even have problem explaining it to my wife why i want to invest in this one.

Maybe you guys can have better idea to a better syscoin promoting and marketing, but it definitely need one.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:07:10 PM

We are getting ready to release Syscoin v0.1.4 TONIGHT. THIS IS A PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT!

A MANDATORY Client Upgrade v0.1.4 will be released 8/27 @ 8pm EDT. The code on github will be updated at this time as well. Please be READY to update at this time.

This update introduces 2 major enhancements- MERGED MINING WITH ANY SCRYPT COIN and REGENERATED SERVICE FEES FOR MINERS. This release also includes a stability fix for pool operators.

No action is needed right now. This is a pre-announcement so that users, pool operators and exchanges can be ready to update this evening.

Bumping this again - Here is the release time in GMT and/or your local timezone: timezone conversion.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
manbot1

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:30:25 PM

well if you don,t need any bitcoin for pr why you not do it then?.. because no one does nowt for nowt people av families and mouths to feed...so you do it then it all helps .....

Why? Because I am not dev of this coin. I am not getting paid for this in 6 months (and those guys do). Ive just invested few BTC, i've already accepted that I will lose on this coin (wrong pick) but checking this thread out of curiosity and hoping that my other gambles will turn better.
i can understand your frustration . i bought when 600 odd sats..thinking going to the moon..but boom their we go..i nearly half down..see i hope? just little mess up. but all devs seem legit and are working hard to sort problems out..which i believe they will.. you see i hope the devs don,t get to blind to the fact that in order for a currency to work its got to be simple..you can draw all the contracts you want and issue certs..you dont need to use any syscoin to draw contracts and certs thats free..so you need to make syscoin usable..no good saying you can..you cannot use it.. why change syscoin into bitcoin..you just buy bitcoin and spend it..no point in buying syscoin to convert it into other crypto..see only miners its good for not people buying..when we buy syscoin what do we do with it..when you mine you get paid then convert it into bitcoin or sell..so just dont think about tech guys and miners  coz i will tell you now it will fail..bitcoin is where its at.. not because of miners..because off wide use of its coin..u can buy almost anything with bitcoin online now..bet as well..you got to bring something out that the masses will turn to..and the masses are not miners nor are they devs.. bring a product to the market that you only have and make syscoin the only use on your product. well your onto a winner..coz you got no choice to use syscoin to use your product..and if that product is so good every 1 will want syscoin..and every 1 is not miners and devs masses are average joes....
manbot1

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:41:28 PM

can some one from moolah tell us that you have sorted things out with devs and alls good please...
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:43:04 PM

can some one from moolah tell us that you have sorted things out with devs and alls good please...

Was the initial portion of BTC released to the devs at least?
jjj0923

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 06:47:54 PM

I'm not suggesting to anyone where they should mine this coin but when the devs themselves are taking advantage of the last 5 hours of mining (WITH THE CURRENT WALLET) with all the hash they can muster because the network dynamics of the coin are going to change in 5 hours - NOW IS THE TIME TO MINE!

(see my signature)  :  Smiley

chinchs

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:51:57 PM

Hi dev, I requested goodies via form, should a get some email confirmation?
Rb8888

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:53:30 PM

From the IRC today (EDT Timezone):  1:20 PM <moolah> We'll be making a post re: syscoin, later today.

That's all he said, but looking forward to some news on that front.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: