Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:36:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582883 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
manbot1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:35:38 PM

how you get on with moolah all good .. and nice to see people coming up with constructive ideas . can feel things starting to move along..please snipsnoop tell me all ok with moolah..plus i always say wait 3 months for any cryptocurrency to get going

Things are good with Moolah at the moment, so don't worry too much about it. We will keep you posted on any new developments as soon as possible
as long as you devs are happy  then happy days .. thanks for reply ..and wallet working great..putting funds on exchange is fast ..and taking funds out of exchange to put back in wallet is fast ...looking good devs  Grin..
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EndOfBubble

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:21:56 PM

Excited about next week!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 06:13:46 PM

I am just guessing that it makes sense to fix all major issues (like now, with the v1.4 release) then verify
that everything is stable & works, write down the details of the roadmap so it is easy to communicate
and *then* start to make a lot of PR.
Doing the PR while busy fixing things does not make sense - when new people come and see that it does not work yet, they will run and not come back, you have only one chance for a good first impression. So, the timing of the Chinese exchange is almost perfect.
Hope that Sys will show itself stable and without major bugs, so following releases can focus on adding back in the features in the roadmap.
That is why I am HODLing my sys, would consider buying if I had unallocated BTC.
I think the Devs were right in focus on full-out dev work until 1.4 release, now they can spread attention to other things.
Cheers for the devs!

Just wanted to quote this as it is SPOT ON. We have not heavily pushed marketing yet for the exact reason called out here- we had to stabilize things before we started telling everyone to come check it out- you only get one shot at a good impression and with the launch issues we had, we are being extremely careful before doing a major PR push. Its been almost 24hrs since the 0.1.4 rollout now and the network is much, much more stable. We will crossover the mergedmine+regen hardfork tonight at block 17k, once that is past and all is well we can start pushing PR hard.

We have plenty to market first. Four features coming out of the gate and we'll be pushing the market feature first! Developers are already interacting with this and we want to support that and help take it to the next level.

We know the value of PR, we also know first impressions are a one shot deal - doubley so in crypto! Want to thank everyone for the patience as we try to do this right, its not an overnight thing- this is a long term effort and we are committed to doing it right. I know it seems like a slow play here but hopefully people see its measured steps- we are working very hard every single day.

Our official block explorer is updated too btw Smiley as are all exchanges of which we're aware!  Grin

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:14:36 PM

How exactly is all the business supposed to be handled on the blockchain? It would be cool if there were some examples by the team _how_ they imagined an example workflow.

Why I'm about this? I am working on a dividend function with the sysmarket base. Upon finished, it shall enable you to conduct IPO's via offers and payout a dividend according to number of shares a buyer has. You enter the offer GUID, the total dividend amount, and it will return a sendmany string.
It's close to be finished - so far, so good.

This is a rather simple but still complicated structure, and I think some examples could help other coders here starting off building the services as they have an example on how all the different possibilities the chain serves can get into each other to a working product.

For example: how shall a (de-)centralized marketplace be offering its pictures of goods. Honestly, I did not have the final solution but rather the idea to somehow "link" a data package in a block to a product, so it can be read and worked with in the market back-/ frontend.

I said before, I will publish all my code open source once its fully working, so everyone can build on it.

But also I think we need more ideas on what and how it can be done with the utilization of the blockchain and have more discussion on this instead of the "omg the price" - second will come with the services Wink

Great questions JohnDorien.

I would think the best and possibly easiest way is to make a "SysCrytpoBucket" photo Hub. Merchants can link their product photo to the block chain like you already stated.
Of course there's cost for the pic hosting, as it'd be located on a "central" server. You can charge the Merchants a small SYS fee (Like Ebay does) for each photo, or some package i.e. "Buy 4 photos" at discount.
Also would need the hosting service to accept SYS as payment.
I would also suggest that the hosting service be SYS dedicated (owned) and maybe have a percentage of the paid Merchant fees go back to SYS holders as a dividend. 10%, 20%?
IMO this would help create more long term SYS users and help the SYS ecosystem for the long haul.
Obviously details would need worked out, but I hope I'm putting forth a valid idea?!

Sounds like a good idea for a DAC.
J4CKFROST

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:33:52 PM

Hey guys, I've downloaded the latest wallet for mac and I keep getting stuck at block 5169.  Says I need to upgrade or nodes need to upgrade.  Can someone please help?
professionalcasual

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

Wasn't moolah supposed to make a post yesterday about the devs payment? Did that ever happen?

Hey guys, I've downloaded the latest wallet for mac and I keep getting stuck at block 5169.  Says I need to upgrade or nodes need to upgrade.  Can someone please help?

Have you tried deleting everything except your wallet.dat? That would be my only suggestion as I haven't used the mac version of the wallet, but whenever it gets stuck syncing on windows I just delete everything in appdata/roaming (again, minus your wallet.dat file) and it fixes the problem.
manbot1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:50:00 PM

Wasn't moolah supposed to make a post yesterday about the devs payment? Did that ever happen?

Have you tried deleting everything except your wallet.dat? That would be my only suggestion as I haven't used the mac version of the wallet, but whenever it gets stuck syncing on windows I just delete everything in appdata/roaming (again, minus your wallet.dat file) and it fixes the problem.
i don,t know if they post it on IRC chat.. but devs seem happy.. they have talked to moolah..and alls well..but would be nice to here from moolah..on this thread
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:51:35 PM

Hey guys, I've downloaded the latest wallet for mac and I keep getting stuck at block 5169.  Says I need to upgrade or nodes need to upgrade.  Can someone please help?

Are you sure you are using the very latest? 0.1.4 in "About Syscoin"
EndOfBubble

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:56:11 PM

So plenty of good news.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:17:39 PM

So plenty of good news.

Network and pools seems to be running fine which was our main purpose with this latest update.
EndOfBubble

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:26:31 PM

So plenty of good news.

Network and pools seems to be running fine which was our main purpose with this latest update.

Any plans for the next few days?
peels

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:38:30 PM

Is this 21 questions here? Of course the team will announce things when they are ready. It's not a secret coin project.
EndOfBubble

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:40:15 PM

Volume is rising. Definitely a good sign.
john312

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:50:55 PM

Sys going to explode anytime now?
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

Dan - exactly how does the Service Fee Regen work?

thanks in advance

Dan? Are you eMunie DEV?

I think Syscoin Dan will agree with eMunie Dan (me), that one crypto-currency at a time in development is plenty!! Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
TheMilkman

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:51:54 PM

Probably!
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:53:32 PM

Probably!

Remember, I said it here first. Sys will be worth 5000 satoshi when the volume reaches it's critical mass.

kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 08:55:00 PM

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

What are some common use cases for the certificates? Or rather, what could they be used for? I'm trying to wrap my head around what they are.

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
EndOfBubble

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:55:04 PM

Probably!

Remember, I said it here first. Sys will be worth 5000 satoshi when the volume reaches it's critical mass.

Needed mining, new features. Probably even higher than that.
snipsnoop
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:59:20 PM

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

What are some common use cases for the certificates? Or rather, what could they be used for? I'm trying to wrap my head around what they are.

Thought I'd post this as a lot of questions are flying around.
More or less just for easy access.

Syscoin Certificates Demo Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HczUeEXeQ

I know this is very high level, but "This allows for the creation and free exchange of a any kind of digital asset such as stocks, bonds, ownership certificates, warranties, receipts, tickets, certifications, diplomas, software licenses."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: