Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:31:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582897 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
obertone

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:56:56 AM

awesome thanks..
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
obertone

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:34:54 AM

Wallet working !! thanks for the help !!
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:04:41 AM

HAHAHAHA.....I have never seen so many people in an IRC chat before, not for a coin anyway.  All these people freaking out with their impatience and fud spreading, I just had to LMAO seeing the chat.  Oh yeah, there's no interest and nobody working on this coin lol:-)

it's spook the noobs time! lol  Cool

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:52:16 AM

The most thing in production is stability and correctness, this coin has fantastic features but with terrible start, hope the next releases will be tested completely.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:58:02 AM

Will this coin join in the SuperNET initiated by jl777?

We're reading up the SuperNET. Can't say yes or no at this point I can say we aren't ignoring it!

Jl777 is very famous in this community, if SYS can participate in SuperNET, price will be up quickly, it is called "jl777 effect", just as BBR has gone from a death spiral with no volumes to being one of the more actively traded coins

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:02:19 AM

We realize the last two weeks may have seemed like slow motion but we were intentionally holding off heavy marketing until everything had been verified working and stable. There were actual issues with the client the first week which caused network instability. We didn't want to draw attention to something that wasn't operating 100%.

The following week the team focused on enabling merged mining and service-fee regeneration for miners. If you watched the network hashrate (which can be considered the stability of the network) it was very low- 2GH because of all of the issues the daemon was causing for pools. In the 0.1.4 release we not only addressed these daemon issues bringing all of the pools back, but we also enabled merged-mining and service fee regenerated rewards for miners starting @ block 17k. We had to monitor the network closely during this launch to ensure pools were operational again and the subsequent merged mining started hard fork to make sure that all went smoothly- and it did. Now the network is incredibly stable with about 15GH average for a coin less than a month old with low rewards- we see this as a positive for those looking to do business on this network.

Finally, there were issues relaunch the 0.1.4 wallet on wallet reload which we wanted to fix and did with 0.1.4c. Now we have a proper product we can market aggressively inside and outside of the crypto space. Starting any marketing before all of the various features were enabled (mergemine/regen) and the network was stable would have been repeating mistakes we learned from at launch.

I wanted to take the time to explain the above so people can understand we have been busy these past few weeks. And we plan to remain busy moving forward. I have to reiterate that Syscoin is a coin with actual NEW features and thus we had problems no other coin would have at launch. We also present service offerings that literally don't exist in the current marketplace.

We need to be strategic about how we bring these features to market and that takes some planning and what may appear to be slower steps but its really just measured steps. You can't throw out a decentralized marketplace to the mainstream public and expect them to immediately understand its benefits or how to use it without a number of educational materials, examples, and even references for developers to build upon. We have plans to provide all of this, and we're going to do it one feature at a time to continue to refine our approach with each successive initiative. All of the four services are working perfectly in the client already- this is about our strategy to increase market adoption of those services.

Over the coming weeks we will be looking to push the marketplace feature specifically. We already have a new website, forums and blog coming. The blog will be the new home for all major news updates, we will still post here but they will be links to the blog. the blog will be a clean space to find Syscoin's latest news.

In addition to the above we'll be creating a microsite dedicated to the Syscoin Marketplace service. The site will explain the advantages of using the Syscoin marketplace, it will have links to existing Syscoin Marketplaces, and it will have information on how to get started with your own Syscoin Marketplace. As part of this effort we are looking to hire a professional copywriter, web developer, and designer/illustrator to help expedite the creation of this site. The microsite will really target getting current merchants / possible sellers and focus on helping them understand the Syscoin value proposition and even get started with their own marketplace.

We'll also be contracting out several 'microexample' sites we are going to make open source which build on the Syscoin Marketplace API in different ways to serve as examples for developers. We are rewriting the documentation for Syscoin Marketplace APIs to be more accessible to developers and provide developer FAQs in a portal dedicated to helping devs get going with Syscoin as well.

Alongside all of this we want to update the QT wallet with real interfaces for accessing and browsing the marketplace. This includes interfaces for items you've bought, items you have for sale, purchasing items from web markets, and searching the entire blockchain for items for sale.

We are also working on new core features in parallel with all of this as outlined in our roadmap- specifically multisig encryption using native Syscoin keys. While that is going on the other parts of the team will be focused on ramping up this marketing effort around Syscoin Marketplace APIs.

Moolah has provided us with some operating funds to cover our pre-existing expenses but they still hold the majority of the presale fund, including the 250BTC of SYS purchased as early buy support put up by the team. We are asking for a clear statement on the distribution of the remainder of the fund by this weekend 9/7.

TL;DR;
- made mistakes at launch and held off marketing until network was stable
- know marketing is important but offering is complex, focusing on one feature at a time- marketplace first
- hiring outside help to assist in first real marketing effort around a feature. Looking for: Marketing Copywriter, Srs Web Developer CSS/HTML/JS/Node, Designer/Illustrator/Web Designer
- Moolah has still not released the full presale funds to us- we are asking that they clarify the situation with these funds by 9/7

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:03:42 AM

We're reading up the SuperNET. Can't say yes or no at this point I can say we aren't ignoring it!

Jl777 is very famous in this community, if SYS can participate in SuperNET, price will be up quickly, it is called "jl777 effect", just as BBR has gone from a death spiral with no volumes to being one of the more actively traded coins

Seems like a very solid idea (reading on SuperNET). We will reach out to jl777 to see if/how we can participate now that things are working right!  Smiley

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
lijiaren

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:07:39 AM

We realize the last two weeks may have seemed like slow motion but we were intentionally holding off heavy marketing until everything had been verified working and stable. There were actual issues with the client the first week which caused network instability. We didn't want to draw attention to something that wasn't operating 100%.

The following week the team focused on enabling merged mining and service-fee regeneration for miners. If you watched the network hashrate (which can be considered the stability of the network) it was very low- 2GH because of all of the issues the daemon was causing for pools. In the 0.1.4 release we not only addressed these daemon issues bringing all of the pools back, but we also enabled merged-mining and service fee regenerated rewards for miners starting @ block 17k. We had to monitor the network closely during this launch to ensure pools were operational again and the subsequent merged mining started hard fork to make sure that all went smoothly- and it did. Now the network is incredibly stable with about 15GH average for a coin less than a month old with low rewards- we see this as a positive for those looking to do business on this network.

Finally, there were issues relaunch the 0.1.4 wallet on wallet reload which we wanted to fix and did with 0.1.4c. Now we have a proper product we can market aggressively inside and outside of the crypto space. Starting any marketing before all of the various features were enabled (mergemine/regen) and the network was stable would have been repeating mistakes we learned from at launch.

I wanted to take the time to explain the above so people can understand we have been busy these past few weeks. And we plan to remain busy moving forward. I have to reiterate that Syscoin is a coin with actual NEW features and thus we had problems no other coin would have at launch. We also present service offerings that literally don't exist in the current marketplace.

We need to be strategic about how we bring these features to market and that takes some planning and what may appear to be slower steps but its really just measured steps. You can't throw out a decentralized marketplace to the mainstream public and expect them to immediately understand its benefits or how to use it without a number of educational materials, examples, and even references for developers to build upon. We have plans to provide all of this, and we're going to do it one feature at a time to continue to refine our approach with each successive initiative. All of the four services are working perfectly in the client already- this is about our strategy to increase market adoption of those services.

Over the coming weeks we will be looking to push the marketplace feature specifically. We already have a new website, forums and blog coming. The blog will be the new home for all major news updates, we will still post here but they will be links to the blog. the blog will be a clean space to find Syscoin's latest news.

In addition to the above we'll be creating a microsite dedicated to the Syscoin Marketplace service. The site will explain the advantages of using the Syscoin marketplace, it will have links to existing Syscoin Marketplaces, and it will have information on how to get started with your own Syscoin Marketplace. As part of this effort we are looking to hire a professional copywriter, web developer, and designer/illustrator to help expedite the creation of this site. The microsite will really target getting current merchants / possible sellers and focus on helping them understand the Syscoin value proposition and even get started with their own marketplace.

We'll also be contracting out several 'microexample' sites we are going to make open source which build on the Syscoin Marketplace API in different ways to serve as examples for developers. We are rewriting the documentation for Syscoin Marketplace APIs to be more accessible to developers and provide developer FAQs in a portal dedicated to helping devs get going with Syscoin as well.

Alongside all of this we want to update the QT wallet with real interfaces for accessing and browsing the marketplace. This includes interfaces for items you've bought, items you have for sale, purchasing items from web markets, and searching the entire blockchain for items for sale.

We are also working on new core features in parallel with all of this as outlined in our roadmap- specifically multisig encryption using native Syscoin keys. While that is going on the other parts of the team will be focused on ramping up this marketing effort around Syscoin Marketplace APIs.

Moolah has provided us with some operating funds to cover our pre-existing expenses but they still hold the majority of the presale fund, including the 250BTC of SYS purchased as early buy support put up by the team. We are asking for a clear statement on the distribution of the remainder of the fund by this weekend 9/7.

TL;DR;
- made mistakes at launch and held off marketing until network was stable
- know marketing is important but offering is complex, focusing on one feature at a time- marketplace first
- hiring outside help to assist in first real marketing effort around a feature. Looking for: Marketing Copywriter, Srs Web Developer CSS/HTML/JS/Node, Designer/Illustrator/Web Designer
- Moolah has still not released the full presale funds to us- we are asking that they clarify the situation with these funds by 9/7
What didn't come out, the characteristics of commitment? A wallet like crap? Plus the cost of a garbage?
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:01:45 AM

Finally some preperations to the markering campaign!
Fingers crossed!
Bourbon44

Activity: 198

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:10:52 AM

I get an error message when loading 0.1.4c.  Can someone please advise as to what I may be doing wrong/missing:

Code:
Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/SysCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_filesystem-mt.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
    0x7fff6eaff000 -     0x7fff6eb32817  dyld (239.4) <042C4CED-6FB2-3B1C-948B-CAF2EE3B9F7A> /usr/lib/dyld

I'm running OSX 10.9.4.  Thanks!
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:46:23 AM

From what little I understand about Apple computers and to the extent that I've barely touched any 'nix in more than a decade -

You need to obtain libboost_system-mt.dylib

and put it in

/opt/local/lib/

Not sure if you will need to shut down and restart your machine for that to be implemented.

Since this is the quiet hour around here, I hope I was able to help.

I get an error message when loading 0.1.4c.  Can someone please advise as to what I may be doing wrong/missing:

Code:
Crashed Thread:  0

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/SysCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_filesystem-mt.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Binary Images:
    0x7fff6eaff000 -     0x7fff6eb32817  dyld (239.4) <042C4CED-6FB2-3B1C-948B-CAF2EE3B9F7A> /usr/lib/dyld

I'm running OSX 10.9.4.  Thanks!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
yoyotu

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:05:42 AM

Great news,just wait.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:08:53 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 08:41:56 AM by tobeaj2mer01

Seems like a very solid idea (reading on SuperNET). We will reach out to jl777 to see if/how we can participate now that things are working right!  Smiley

Kindly let us know the status.

gefafwisp

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:19:07 AM

Isn't it supposed to be a staggered release over the coming months as the coin dev progresses?
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:39:52 AM

You didn't read what has already been posted and posted and posted.

They are in the wallet software.

They are not currently on the USER INTERFACE portion.

To access those features -------> go the the Help menu, click on Debug Menu, select the Console tab, and then in the long white empty bar at the bottom of that window you simply type help and then read what it says.

@DEV, I checked the latest version of wallet, alias and offer etc are all gone, when will this issue get fixed?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:44:34 AM

To access those features -------> go the the Help menu, click on Debug Menu, select the Console tab, and then in the long white empty bar at the bottom of that window you simply type help and then read what it says.

@DEV, I checked the latest version of wallet, alias and offer etc are all gone, when will this issue get fixed?

Man, I know this certainly since I have been following this thread, what I mean is when can we use user interface to create alias etc, it is like DOS and Windows, I prefer Windows.

vicvelcro

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:45:18 AM

I thought the pre-sale funds were separate and apart from the staggered release plan. 250BTC to be released to the devs on launch day (which devs returned to moolah of their own accord and their own idea to do so). Unless I am mistaken, moolah did not demand those funds to be returned. The devs decided on their own initiative to give those funds back as a show of good faith.

Remainder to be released by moolah to the devs on a schedule to be determined.

If they have not received the pre-sale funds yet, I think now would be a good time for moolah for hand it over.

Isn't it supposed to be a staggered release over the coming months as the coin dev progresses?

vicvelcro

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:47:46 AM

I guess you didn't read about THAT either. Like the X-Files, the information is already out there. Use your own eyes to read. Why do so many people need a few of us to put the food on the spoon and put the spoon in the mouth?

Please, go back to the original post, and then read forward from left to right and top to bottom one word at a time do not skip any words. You'll find it.

Man, I know this certainly since I have been following this thread, what I mean is when can we use user interface to create alias etc, it is like DOS and Windows, I prefer Windows.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:49:17 AM

The commands for accessing all of these features are still there in the background (can be accessed via the console).
There were however some load time issues in relation to the QT-Wallet, so in order to have a functioning QT-Wallet we decided to disable the UI part for now.

It has always been the intention that separate/individual marketplaces build on top of Syscoin will be accessed using their own websites ( or apps/services).
This does not mean that we wont integrate some (or all) back into the QT-Wallet UI.

But to quote Dan:

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:51:37 AM

See highlighted part above please.

(For newcomers, please see this post for latest news/updates : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757255.msg8648754#msg8648754)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: