Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:49:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582905 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheMilkman

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:32:34 AM

This might seem like a controversial idea but we could at least discuss it. We all agree that Syscoin has great technology and even more potential. The dev team is solid and did not run away in the light of recent scam. However, the team lacks their funds now, Syscoin is tainted by the Moolah scandal, there are plenty of bagholders and there is a risk that Moolah will kill the coin easily by dumping all the stolen Sys (it could easily collapse the market down to 0).

Current situation is not dev's fault. People might be mad that they lost money on this by investing in Syscoin at prices higher than 200 satoshi but the outcome was not the dev's fault. Should we start a new coin + bring all the Syscoin technology there + give old Syscoin holders discount at the ICO? There is no other way to fix current situation. Bagholders are bagholding (or selling when the price slightly goes up), new people won't be attracted by the coin (they have plenty of fresh coins to chose from that bring similar technology and are not tainted) and Syscoin brand does not bring good connotations.

So main question is: should we restart as a new coin?

I think moolah has returned the sys they had from the buy walls to the devs. Syscoin could also be withdrawn from mintpal without problems. What stolen sys do you mean?

The situation is not great, but I can guarantee you starting a new ICO will be a disaster. Syscoin has a fail-image right now, it is irrelevant that it's not all the devs fault.

I would like to read the blog post, but it says the text is password-protected. Thats not intended, right?

I agree that Syscoin has fail-image right now but the devs still have positive image and Syscoin technology. I agree with Qiuyue201 - starting a new coin might be the best move.
cryptochris88

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:33:25 AM

This might seem like a controversial idea but we could at least discuss it. We all agree that Syscoin has great technology and even more potential. The dev team is solid and did not run away in the light of recent scam. However, the team lacks their funds now, Syscoin is tainted by the Moolah scandal, there are plenty of bagholders and there is a risk that Moolah will kill the coin easily by dumping all the stolen Sys (it could easily collapse the market down to 0).

Current situation is not dev's fault. People might be mad that they lost money on this by investing in Syscoin at prices higher than 200 satoshi but the outcome was not the dev's fault. Should we start a new coin + bring all the Syscoin technology there + give old Syscoin holders discount at the ICO? There is no other way to fix current situation. Bagholders are bagholding (or selling when the price slightly goes up), new people won't be attracted by the coin (they have plenty of fresh coins to chose from that bring similar technology and are not tainted) and Syscoin brand does not bring good connotations.

I think moolah has returned the sys they had from the buy walls to the devs. Syscoin could also be withdrawn from mintpal without problems. What stolen sys do you mean?

The situation is not great, but I can guarantee you starting a new ICO will be a disaster. Syscoin has a fail-image right now, it is irrelevant that it's not all the devs fault.

I would like to read the blog post, but it says the text is password-protected. Thats not intended, right?

Syscoin(s) still stuck in mintpal. Some of mine are still there.
cryptochris88

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:34:23 AM

What happened to the road ? Syscoin wallet is still version 0.1.4c .

The roadmap will be updated shortly and we'll bring you up to speed with the Syscoin Development.

Looking forward to this one!
cryptochris88

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:40:07 AM

I agree that Syscoin has fail-image right now but the devs still have positive image and Syscoin technology. I agree with Qiuyue201 - starting a new coin might be the best move.

Jumping from one coin to the next is not a good approach. I'm in for the long haul.
Improving the tech and finishing the intended product which is IMO unique will bring to light what sys has to offer.
Yes, it has been a rocky couple of months but we can only go up from here on.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:42:03 AM

So the liar just keeps lying. Very sad. He has 2 days from now to produce the server evidence of the 'dishonest customers' actions. Should be interesting.

I think he is going to run, and revel in being a fugitive, after reading that. Lets hope sense prevails instead.  
HKBvM

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:44:03 AM

Syscoin(s) still stuck in mintpal. Some of mine are still there.

Sorry, I wasnt aware of that as I could withdraw mine.

I am probably missing something, but the blog is sitll password protected. Any help?
cryptochris88

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:47:52 AM

No worries, man. I am glad that you got your coins out.
My presale coin(s) is still stuck because of the 'address input' issue which has not been resolved, tsk.

What do you mean password protected?
Direct link to the blog post is: http://syscoin.org/update-in-syscoin-case-against-ryan-kennedymoopay-ltd/
HKBvM

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:54:24 AM

My presale coin(s) is still stuck because of the 'address input' issue which has not been resolved, tsk.

Direct link to the blog post is: http://syscoin.org/update-in-syscoin-case-against-ryan-kennedymoopay-ltd/

Weird. The link leads me to a page thats says the content is password protected and I should enter a password.

As I seem to be the only one, I hope I dont embarrass myself.

cryptochris88

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 08:58:57 AM

Really? Works fine for me.
Maybe your firewall is trying to block the link.
Better try using a web proxy.
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:17:29 AM

Jumping from one coin to the next is not a good approach. I'm in for the long haul.
Improving the tech and finishing the intended product which is IMO unique will bring to light what sys has to offer.

i agree. i don't post a lot here but i own a few millions sys and holding for the long run.
starting a new coin is a bad idea in my opinion and i would not invest in a new coin.

btw. the blog is just working fine for me (interesting read!)

randywald

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:21:30 AM

A new coin would not change anything. So just let it run.

cryptochris88

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:26:30 AM

Same here. Only bought about 50K sys during the presale but during the course of
its infancy, bought some more leading to about half a million here.

Developers were open in communication and hearing out suggestions, maybe its
time for us to actually approach this issue as a community and also give the devs
some overdue credit.
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:33:54 AM

Weird. The link leads me to a page thats says the content is password protected and I should enter a password.
I had the same problem, every time I tried loading it would give me an error that it was password protected.
Eventually I simply entered a nonsense password and it finally loaded.
I am not sure if the password was accepted or that it forced the page to reload instead of serving me an older cached version
that might have been password protected earlier. No embarrassment - I have heard others mention it too earlier.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:37:24 AM

A new coin would not change anything. So just let it run.
Agree, the people who think that "starting a new coin" would solve anything are thinking the same as Ryan
who took a different name and then did the same thing - with the same result.
Why would a different name for the same code and the same dev team give us anything else than Syscoin will?
The only difference is that you can try to confuse people who might have a bad association with Syscoin due to
the issues with Moolah and launch problems, but continue to execute properly and that is soon forgotten.
(Not the scamming from Ryan, but I mean the initial launch issues of Syscoin).

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
HKBvM

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:39:49 AM

I had the same problem, every time I tried loading it would give me an error that it was password protected.
Eventually I simply entered a nonsense password and it finally loaded.
I am not sure if the password was accepted or that it forced the page to reload instead of serving me an older cached version
that might have been password protected earlier. No embarrassment - I have heard others mention it too earlier.

this worked, thanks.
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:59:55 AM

There is no reason to start a new coin-Syscoin, as a crypto, has no problems at all. The issues surrounding the image of the coin are what is causing the PR headache.  The coin is still miles ahead of many other cryptos and just because the funds allotted to the developers are held up does not mean that Syscoin itself is in trouble.

With the court documents now made public, investors and enthusiasts can cast their doubts aside that there is any wrongdoing with the coin, and that the developers of this coin were just the victims of a terrible theft.  Now it is just a waiting game-court cases don't get resolved overnight. 

However, this headache will pass with time and the coin can continue doing what it was good at in the first place-innovating and providing new technology in the cryptocurrency world. Danosphere and mwheeleruk have said they aren't going anywhere, and development will continue. This is exactly what we needed to hear, and I look forward to seeing how the development progresses.

Regarding development-if you're curious about the marketplace, you can run this (http://speedy.sh/geVWV/sysmarket.tar.gz) on a localhost connected to a wallet (can have a 0 SYS balance, doesn't matter) to see the current offers. These commands are also available in the client's debug menu, but this makes it a little easier to browse.

Lets turn the focus to moving forward, knowing that the coin can really only go up in influence as well as value from here.

snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:04:18 AM

As always appreciate all the support here just been very busy writing and getting this approved by legal:

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

Major Update In Syscoin Case Against Ryan Kennedy/Moopay LTD

Lot to read. Please read it all  Smiley

Just keep this fresh for the new people. As we have said, we are still here.
john312

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:04:51 AM

i agree. i don't post a lot here but i own a few millions sys and holding for the long run.
starting a new coin is a bad idea in my opinion and i would not invest in a new coin.

btw. the blog is just working fine for me (interesting read!)

It's always a hard decision and some people will be unhappy no matter what choice will be made.
Starting a new coin from scratch with the same great team and perhaps new ICO + some discount if you are a Sys holder might be a good idea.
We have great team but many issues to cope with. Those issues are holding the coin down and that won't change.
Most people in crypto don't even consider investing in failed coins like Sys (because let's face it - despite our community holding strong and devs working hard, Syscoin is considered as one of the failed coins). I am one of the bagholders too, so I will lose some money on this too, but it's better to lose now than when it hits 50 satoshi. Starting from a scratch without this whole baggage seems like a good choice, although it might make ICO holders unhappy. But crypto is gamble so everyone knew the risk taken.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 10:13:12 AM

New article (ty for the information Dan, much appreciated) :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/syscoin-publishes-legal-documentation-about-their-case-against-ryan-kennedy-moopay-ltd
randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 11:27:22 AM

john312, nice to hear some opinions. But with new coin, only the name would be changed. Lots of effort for nothing. If Syscoin is still called Syscoin and the Moolah issue is forgotten in the future, then it's called the coin which survived moolah scam, otherwise not. 1st option makes it stronger. 2nd option makes it less trustworthy for me. I would have to sell my coins and then buy new IPO? No! I will loose my faith. Only option would be 1:1 exchange to a new coin.

Maybe a poll would be helpful. The only thing i can say is that a new coin is only needed if there are big technical problems wich cannot be resolved with the current platform.

Edit: Strength is if the team says we can do it without IPO. I think community can do some donation if work is good and everything is fine.

Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: