Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582891 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WORE

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:46:59 PM

There is another which has already gone to big-money investors and has over 250 million USD backing it. Should see it on CNN and Fortune this week.
Whitepaper via Google Docs.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Uh1mMX7312d1FteFoxcWIyTFE/view?sle=true

Whichever way you want to help push it.

Not trying to disregard your concern, but speaking investor to investor, your negativity is not attracting any new money.

Well said kamronk, getting harder and harder to understand his real agenda.
Reading through the past few days posts.......I wonder where some of the posters learned how to be such experts....and if they are ....why don't they go dev their own coin?

I feel like you just hit the nail on the head on how to truly weed out the FUD'ers Smiley

Not trying to claim WORE as a FUD'er, but I haven't seen any positive things at all in a while from him. Everyone is frustrated, even dev's are frustrated, but there are those acting, and those that are bitching. The time to point out whats wrong has come and gone, now it's time to act on what's wrong. No time for anything else, syscoin to the moon!!

No agenda, simply disgusted with the development progress, or rather the lack there of and I am seeing competing coins making progress and one of which is working on it anonymously, and that bothers me.

Competition will come, that much should be expected. Syscoin has a functional back end to work from, the only other competitor this close to fulfilling the needed service is OpenBazaar BUT I can't even confirm that much as I'm not involved in the Beta. All other coins talking about a decentralized marketplace are still in design phases.

Hashcoin...?  You are posting in jest right?  Did you read the third launch OP thread?  Draw any conclusions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vicvelcro

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:49:02 PM

Another comment from somebody who didn't read, but chooses to spew based on empty assumptions.

I don't post bullshit. It's relevant. Educate yourself first, then reply.

There is another which has already gone to big-money investors and has over 250 million USD backing it. Should see it on CNN and Fortune this week.

Not trying to disregard your concern, but speaking investor to investor, your negativity is not attracting any new money.

Reading through the past few days posts.......I wonder where some of the posters learned how to be such experts....and if they are ....why don't they go dev their own coin?

I feel like you just hit the nail on the head on how to truly weed out the FUD'ers Smiley

Not trying to claim WORE as a FUD'er, but I haven't seen any positive things at all in a while from him. Everyone is frustrated, even dev's are frustrated, but there are those acting, and those that are bitching. The time to point out whats wrong has come and gone, now it's time to act on what's wrong. No time for anything else, syscoin to the moon!!

No agenda, simply disgusted with the development progress, or rather the lack there of and I am seeing competing coins making progress and one of which is working on it anonymously, and that bothers me.

Competition will come, that much should be expected. Syscoin has a functional back end to work from, the only other competitor this close to fulfilling the needed service is OpenBazaar BUT I can't even confirm that much as I'm not involved in the Beta. All other coins talking about a decentralized marketplace are still in design phases.

Hashcoin...?  You are posting in jest right?  Did you read the third launch OP thread?  Draw any conclusions?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 09:51:58 PM

Another comment from somebody who didn't read, but chooses to spew based on empty assumptions.

I'll give you benefit of the doubt and read it. But, CTRL+F "marketplace" brings up nothing substantial, nor "market place" or anything else semi related.

Like I said though, I'll keep reading but right now seems unrelated.

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:52:48 PM

Wow JohnDorien, I didn't know there was the syscore library out for SysCoin!

https://github.com/JohnDorien1/SYScore

How many other resources are out there for SysCoin that we could benefit from knowing about? As far as the marketplace goes, I'm not sure if I can make it platform independent as I'm just using c# now on vs. Net. Is that what the Dev team is working on for the end-of-month release?

vicvelcro

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:55:40 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 10:30:04 PM by vicvelcro

My first post regarding the whitepaper link I posted was not meant to be specific about the marketplace. I was posting in regard to a comment from somebody else addressing the issue of other competing coins, in general.

The link I posted goes to the whitepaper. The whitepaper is technical stuff. If you look, you'll see quite a few of the other features of SYS are clearly present in CODENAME Hashcoin. Begin reading on Page 7 if you don't want a basic lesson regarding cryptocurrency.

The marketplace is dealt with elsewhere. PM me, and I'll give you a couple website links to chew on. Won't post them here, would be way off topic.

Hashcoin...?  You are posting in jest right?  Did you read the third launch OP thread?  Draw any conclusions?

I'll give you benefit of the doubt and read it. But, CTRL+F "marketplace" brings up nothing substantial, nor "market place" or anything else semi related.

Like I said though, I'll keep reading but right now seems unrelated.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ickystew

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:40:32 PM

My contribution has been sent. TXID available by PM if you need it.

Made /r/bitcoin & /r/syscoin posts about the growing bounty:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2mkbpu/bounty_for_decentralized_marketplace_asap/

http://www.reddit.com/r/SysCoin/comments/2mivgx/325000_sys_bounty_for_the_first_desktop/

Up to 434,500 SYS!

Donation address:
Sbm3YdBr6KrEWfCFrNvqLYKHE6Wh8RqQgb

(address will be populated with SYS asap from all contributors, please send your pledge if you have not done so yet)

I see two different donation/bounty addresses. which is for the ui wallet?  SSYFzxtXHudXYU5QeW3RNL7YoyZHYUToGT  or Sbm3YdBr6KrEWfCFrNvqLYKHE6Wh8RqQgb ....

JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:42:11 PM

Wow JohnDorien, I didn't know there was the syscore library out for SysCoin!

https://github.com/JohnDorien1/SYScore

How many other resources are out there for SysCoin that we could benefit from knowing about? As far as the marketplace goes, I'm not sure if I can make it platform independent as I'm just using c# now on vs. Net. Is that what the Dev team is working on for the end-of-month release?

This is an untested port Wink If you want to test, feel free to do so but consider it may be faulty, still. It also does not include the market stuff and all the other syscoin related specials (data, aliases...).
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:56:11 PM

Once we resolve the moolah issue it will be off to the races...

Dude, anything dealing with the courts is going to take years!!!  The only ones who will come out ahead are the lawyers!!

You know this is a VERY good point!  Would be great to hear a response from the devs on this statement, while I understand the importance for SYS and crypto as a whole to pursue this lawsuit......exactly how long into it is this lawsuit going to interrupt the efforts with the coin itself?  I also understand you guys have posted things you are working on, but how long is so much of your guy's time going to be beaten to death by this lawsuit?
randywald

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:01:35 PM

Wow, price is over 100 again, time to buy more...

I think we should all forget the moolah issue. It's not easy, but the bitcoins are lost and waiting until you get them back takes too much time and peole which are still here will loose their confidence forever. You won't get a solution buy talking about it again and again.

I wish you all the best and you can trust me that i don't sell my coins Smiley.

randywald

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:03:37 PM

i hope the price goes up soon. i put 20 btc in...and you know how it is now...

I bought at around 300 satoshi, what price did you pay for your coins?

WORE

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:22:37 PM

Hashcoin...?  You are posting in jest right?  Did you read the third launch OP thread?  Draw any conclusions?

Okay, I've read it.  So SHA256, like Bitcoin right?  Or will it be x11, x13, or even scrypt?  Doesn't sound like stable database with flexibility they are talking about within the blockchain, think along the days of comments in MS Access .mdb files.  It mentions nothing of a market place in the Acrobat v5 scrubbed document, but does contain the unfortunate familiar wording; "bad actors", which does happen to be relevant.
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:32:14 PM

early bird ipo price

same.. i think many of us are in the same boat. That being said, I think things will get better when the legal battle is over.

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
kamronk

Activity: 297

Bitcoin is to money what the internet was to media

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 11:51:10 PM

early bird ipo price

same.. i think many of us are in the same boat. That being said, I think things will get better when the legal battle is over.

Same.

Sys is offering something never offered before, and is the farthest along in development compared to competitors offering this never before seen service.

This is why I continue to HODL Wink

The best place for all bitcoin newbies
http://bitcoinintroduction.com/
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:58:17 PM

early bird ipo price

I am in the same boat as well, but the reality that this case can drag on for years is quite frightening for the coin and project it seems!
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:31:14 AM

The modern human brain takes millions of shortcuts (assumptions) every single day.
It using multiple factors to translate inputs from the outside world, and makes informed assumptions based on those inputs & previous experiences.

Relevant to your post...
Two factors the brain uses to understand the world are Symbols & Context...

Symbol = HashCoin
Context = CryptoCurrencies

It is perfectly normal to assume that a CryptoCurrency called HashCoin identified previously, is the same HashCoin CryptoCurrency identified now.

Given the change of symbolic meaning of "HashCoin" in this scenario, I believe the onus is on you to make this clear.
Don't expect everyone to discover the changed symbolism without any prompting or notice, and don't get all high & mighty when someone makes a perfectly reasonable assumption.
You could have easily done this by adding prominently to the White Paper & Post... Something along the lines of...
"Note: This is NOT related in any way to the old HashCoin. This is a new, unrelated HashCoin proposal. ".  Simples.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:34:47 AM

Guys please lets keep on thread here (Syscoin)
WORE

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:40:37 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 03:57:02 AM by WORE

The modern human brain takes millions of shortcuts (assumptions) every single day.
It using multiple factors to translate inputs from the outside world, and makes informed assumptions based on those inputs & previous experiences.

Relevant to your post...

Symbol = HashCoin

It is perfectly normal to assume that a CryptoCurrency called HashCoin identified previously, is the same HashCoin CryptoCurrency identified now.

Given the change of symbolic meaning of "HashCoin" in this scenario, I believe the onus is on you to make this clear.
Don't expect everyone to discover the changed symbolism without any prompting or notice, and don't get all high & mighty when someone makes a perfectly reasonable assumption.
You could have easily done this by adding prominently to the White Paper & Post... Something along the lines of...
"Note: This is NOT related in any way to the old HashCoin. This is a new, unrelated HashCoin proposal. ".  Simples.

This is what I picked up on in reading the document aside it was drafted in Acrobat 5 which will not even run the print capture on current MS operating systems...  Page 4 last paragraph: "bad actors", not a very common usage of those terms.

and...  last paragraph...

Devs,

Off topic - but nothing like a dose of stoicism to put things into perspective, good luck with the legal case...

http://youtu.be/dZwHMZ4t-_Y?t=53m40s

I actually watched that, and thanks- I hope people feel we're responding well, we can only deal with the hand we've been given.

I want to call out that the Syscoin team was the first (of all impacted) to take actual, legal action. We are still the only party that has taken legal action, but I assure you a line is forming quickly. We did this at great cost to what's left of our fund, but felt it the only responsible thing to do- even if it costs us every last penny from our presale fund.

Cryptocurrencies will never grow if these kind of actions are consistently met with a "oh darn" reactions from the community. We are tired of the "oh darn" and are taking this very seriously. I can't disclose anything more but the fact we acted as soon as we did may have not only saved our BTC, but it may have saved Mintpal's BTC as well. Can't say anymore than that and I'm not stating anything as fact.

As we've stated several times we're still moving forward with SYS, but we MUST focus on the legal issues right now and bring any wrong-doers to justice. For Syscoin, for Moopay investors, for Mintpal users, and for the community at large. We're also networking with all affected parties. Everyone wants to see justice here, and "everyone" here is a very very large group of people.

I hope people recognize this expense and effort we're expending to seek justice isn't just about OUR bitcoin. We could've easily taken what's left of the fund, put it toward dev or put it in our pocket and walked away from all this calamity. Instead we're heading dead-on into the eye of the storm and hoping to make an example of "bad actors" like this in the crypto space.
vicvelcro

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:45:17 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 01:07:50 AM by vicvelcro

Except one important point - in which you have proven yourself guilty in the same manner you jumped in to defend others...

I never named it until after somebody freaked out about a name they read and then posted themselves.

I fully comprehend that people let their lazy brains make assumptions. I observe this demonstrated many times a day every day. I can't be blamed for that nor held responsible. I can put the spoon in the mouth, but I can't do the swallowing or the digesting.

I disagree with what you call "informed assumptions" because those who only read the title and not the rest of it weren't really making "informed" assumptions - just simple lazy uninformed assumptions.

Suppose you and I are in a room with Dave. Dave says he knows a guy named Barrak who isn't from Hawaii. I'm inclined to believe from what little I know about you that you would say "Yes he was, his birth certificate said so!" Whereas, I would say "Barrak WHO, and why should I care?" --and there is an example of me showing you TWO lazy assumptions (one of me making assumptions about you and the other a hypothetical example of you making an assumption about WHICH Barrak).

Not sure why you decided to CHAMPION the side of failure ?!?

Relevant to your post...

Symbol = HashCoin

vicvelcro

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:53:49 AM

The post that seems to have partially derailed the thread for a moment is somewhat relevant to Syscoin. Others  have chosen to focus on part of the information in a way that is not relevant to Syscoin.

Have you looked at the Google Doc? The contents are relevant, and I do believe the team should be aware (if you aren't already). Ignore the 'name' of the coin when mentioned in the document. It was a working CODENAME for the project used internally, which has been de-secretified but is not the final name of the coin. Also, it is more than a coin. It is an entire infrastructure - but the entirety is not in the PDF, just some technical details of some of the facets.

Guys please lets keep on thread here (Syscoin)

cryptochris88

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:44:00 AM

By the way, any chance syscoins stuck in mintpal might be returned?
Faircoin seems to have taken the initiative on this one and has assured
everyone that mintpal will send an email detailing procedure on coin withdrawal.

Any info about this on syscoin(s)?
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: