Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:26:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:43:26 PM

A little  comment regarding anonimity of a developer:

Whos the guy named satoshi nakamoto who created bitcoin and holds around 1.000.000 btc?

@nxtchang

Facepalm lol
coin =/= IPO

EDIT: I invested in NTX IPO (BCNext was anonymous too)

EDIT2: Escrow could solve most of the issues regarding trust
I am only asking for direct access to 1% of the funds. 99% will be in escrow(s)

I dont want the money, I just want to make sure the SuperNET funds are used wisely. If anybody else wants to be the decision maker, just prove to me you will do better and I will gladly step aside. As long as you do well, I wont see any need to step back in.

I really just want to start my day with a nice Starbucks latte and code for 12 hours and do some debugging. This is my zen mode. However, cryptoland is in trouble. The govts have successfully tarnished BTC, added immense volatility to its price and made it a fringe thing.

Now who here doesnt think that crypto in general will be much bigger in the future than it is today?
Is the impact of crypto going to be larger than Yum Brands? (#500 on Fortune 500 list, 5x BTC marketcap)
Love that Taco Bell Smiley

So if you believe crypto will be worth the same as TacoBell/KFC, then BTC $2500 is a price parity
Maybe crypto is worth more than a fast food chain conglomerate? No offense to Yum Brands!, but we are talking about the next form of money. In my book, quite significant.

What happened? My theory is some active attempts to increase the volatility, or at least encouragement for market participants to do so. Burn enough with massive volatility and the masses will avoid it. Coordinated arrests, hearings, bad news to change the markets mood. Basically the same thing was done to BTC as what happened to BBR. For no apparent reason the price just kept going down and it starts to death spiral, when the volumes (interest) goes away the end is near. But wait! There is nothing wrong with it, in fact it is quite good. So it is really just a form of propaganda enforced by financial losses.

How was it done. The Trampoline Maneuver. This is where you push the price in the opposite direction that you want it to go. I have described this on the BTCD thread as we had a trampoline jumping monkey for a while. The rise to $1200 for BTC was really quite rapid and too fast. It was no sustainable. So now at $500 we are looking at a lot of people hodling with a loss or have already bailed out and still under 50% from ATH.

What if there was no monkey on the trampoline to push the price up?
What if instead there was normal steady price growth with much less volatility to get to $500?

I think with everybody in profits, steady gains combining to giant ROI, the mood in crypto would be that of many happy. Instead things have become some sort of vicious angry envy filled zerosum dog eat dog not happy place.

We can all change this, and while it took the anti-crypto forces quite a while to coordinate this monkey on a trampoline thing against BTC, the crypto world can be much quicker to heal the damage. Just look at BBR.

James

P.S. If anybody wants to be the centralized single point of failure decision maker on allocation of SuperNET funds, just post here and if the community wants you more than me, I am glad to step aside.

P.P.S. I think it would make sense to setup up some sort of trusted escrow for each 1000 BTC raised. I am not so familiar with proper BTC escrow places, so maybe someone from the community can head up the selection of the escrow places. Like posted before the SuperNET funds are for long term HODL and so cold storage is what is needed most of the time. When there is a new coin added, then a swap for the new coin. Some details needed as most BTC escrow places probably cant handle some new altcoin. Hopefully these are details that the escrow team can solve

P.P.S. This whole identity thing... If you are not comfortable with my abilities, integrity and past performance it is quite simple: dont invest I am pretty sure SuperNET will get more than enough BTC for the construction of the giant fiat sucking machine as it is. Also, what if I am an AI? I think a lot of humans would be uncomfortable with that. Regardless of what my identity is, there will be many that will use it against me. What if I am Jewish? What if I am black? What if I am handicapped in a wheelchair and have to use a voice synthesizer? What if I am ugly? What if I am pretty? What if I am a girl? What if I am young? What if I am old? What if I am ...  You see, any actual identity and some faction will dislike or downright hate it. Best for no identity, in any case, soon it wont matter. Once crypto is united and all the required functions are staffed by competent peoples, I can go back to my zen routine. That is my goal, to become obsolete as soon as possible. Please help!

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

I've just sent a PM to jl777.

Reddcoin should be added in the SuperNET core !
please refrain from misleading posts. Remember my warning about trying to pump your coin's price
My thread is a no FUD zone and also a no Pump zone.
Stick to facts.  I believe you feel Reddcoin should be added to SuperNET core.
I can confirm you sent me a PM and that the process of due diligence has been started. I cannot predict the outcome

James

P.S. If a coin starts pumping their price based on rumors of SuperNET core acceptance, then that alone could disqualify it. No Pumping. That is no good. It is like monkey on trampoline. Please calm

escalicha

Activity: 658
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:50:07 PM

Korecoin is one of th best coins to be added

Dimays

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

I've just sent a PM to jl777.

Reddcoin should be added in the SuperNET core !
please refrain from misleading posts. Remember my warning about trying to pump your coin's price
My thread is a no FUD zone and also a no Pump zone.
Stick to facts.  I believe you feel Reddcoin should be added to SuperNET core.
I can confirm you sent me a PM and that the process of due diligence has been started. I cannot predict the outcome

James

P.S. If a coin starts pumping their price based on rumors of SuperNET core acceptance, then that alone could disqualify it. No Pumping. That is no good. It is like monkey on trampoline. Please calm

Ok,
anyway I'm not  a dev/boss of Reddcoin, I'm just an enthusiast user, not a speculator..
I've written in our forum to show SuperNET project to RDD community (and dev too, because I want them to partecipate).
thx for your answer
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:09:21 PM

OK, I have read every single post. Just wanted to say that upfront to prevent people from telling me to read the freakin' posts!

First off, where exactly is that 10% "profit" going? I cannot seem to figure that out. It seems as if it is going to the maintenance of websites and such, but I am unsure. But, 10% seems like a huge amount to me.

Secondly, how exactly does one measure the ICO? In other words, it seems to mirror the structure of a closed-end mutual fund. As much money will be raised as possible and everyone will get the amount of "coins" they want. After the ICO, the assets will be purchased and any dividends will be divided among the "coin" holders. OK, fine. But why buy it at the ICO price? Like with a closed-end mutual fund, the possible short-term gains could be governed more by the NAV (net asset value) than any sort of future value. That is all good, don't get me wrong -- and many a closed-end fund trades above NAV. But where is the benefit of getting in early? The insider information that they have to purchase other assets early, I guess -- Is that it?

Finally, I can see how this benefits BTCD, but is it disproportionate? I guess what I am asking here is, since BTCD is at the center of this aren't they going to benefit most of all? Am I misreading that particular part of this equation?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:14:55 PM

@jl777

So because BBR is being added to the core, does this mean that Monero can not be part of the core because it does not bring any new features that BBR hasn't already added? And Monero, if it gets added will be in an arm spiraling off the core somewhere?
The monero camp (not its devs) mistreated me. At least I felt very insulted, especially when my thoughtful post on the XMR observer thread was totally ignored, until one person made a positive comment. Then I am accused of using a sockpuppet! Of all things to attack my integrity. Then my writing is ridiculed. I am incompetent to write a whitepaper, I know this. I only wrote the draft text and hired a professional writer for making it better. I liked the pirates to make it easy to understand for normal peoples. It was supposed to be split into two documents, one just with pirates and one without. I just dont have time for "GUI" things and I rely on others to just do what is needed. I also dont have time to micromanage or pester people. So a lot of things, they are unfinished. I am not a cryptographer, this also is used to dismiss my Teleport. So, making disparaging comments about my integrity, my intelligence, my tech, my coin.

Even I have my limits.

So, I revisit my BBR friends and realize to my horror that it had been beaten down out of top 100! To 1/40th of XMR price. Now nobody really knows who is doing this, but when a coin that has arguably better tech (let us not argue if it is actually better, BBR dev has made changes to the blockformat itself, clearly he is not a mechanic fiddling with settings, he is full blown engine designer!) and making new releases, including user friendly GUI, I wont list all the tech changes, please dont start a debate on which tech is better. Just try them both yourself and you decide which is better. Fair enough. Dont take my word, use your own judgement.

Anyway, the BBR price it turns around, but now there is all sorts of chatter to try to hurt it, but with knowledge the BBR is rising back to a more reasonable 1/5 value. If BBR tech is really as good or microscopically better than any other cryptonote, then what is the right price ratio? What is the right marketcap ratio? I let the market decide. So, now there is these large buying of XMR and some flashing of 1000 BTC buy orders. Clearly big whales are backing XMR and their advocates keep namecalling against BBR. So I feel big sympathy for poor little BBR. I am no big whale, I have not much BTC at all. Then I realize maybe I am able to raise some BTC with SuperNET. And actually this is likely some part of the reason I have started SuperNET. The other is I am still waiting for a release from other dev so I can debug Teleport. The other is a kind PM from noashh that reminded me I was getting a bit stressed and should take some time off. So, I took the weekend off and made this SuperNET. It is really just something that has to be done to counteract the fiat forces and I think the universe has conspired to make all these things happen. So I am lightning rod with all this but that is all, I just happened to be "lucky" enough to be hit by this lightening. Now I have to work so much before I can return to my preferred zen mode...

Anyway, as far as XMR goes. I like the BBR tech better than XMR and I certainly dont like the constant negativity from the XMR camp. Maybe there is nothing the XMR devs can do, but if this is indeed some coordinated smear campaign controlled by some XMR devotees, then they can stop the hostilities and make cooperation. I am not sure if they are able to do this and until they do, I wont have to think about whether XMR can be integrated into SuperNET core. I am a simple C programmer, but when I am personally attacked and get ridiculed when I am asking for the help, I do have a bit of a temper and the universe seems to help me out to defuse this anger in me. Sometimes in very unexpected ways.

So, conditions for XMR are to immediately stop any and all bashing of other cryptos. Talk about how good your XMR is, of course. Tech analysis of benefits, of course. Spreading rumors about personal things, not. FUD of course not.

UNITE of all crypto, this is the goal. Be part of this and of course there is a possibility of joining. But how can a culture based on zerosum hostility and "there can only be one" highlander beheadings, fit into spirit of cooperation?

If this toxic culture is indeed changed, then with the touted awesomeness of the XMR dev team I am sure there will be some tech that will be unique and valuable. I might require some significant investment in SuperNET as sort of a pennance, but I am practical guy and if XMR team will be benefit, then how can I refuse?

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:17:38 PM

But I made my money from working hard, not investing (other than buying 1% of DRK for 10 BTC). Working 100hrs per week for 30 weeks, thats a lot of hours and many years ago when I was selling my talents to companies, I was making the $100/hr so this working of thousands of hours is worth a relatively large amount. Also the companies are begging me to work for them, so they are of course making a lot more than they are paying. crypto is changing the world for better and now I am only working for food and Starbucks, but still I end up making a similar amount as when I was just selling myself. I am so much happier to be helping the crypto world than the corporate world and to end up with more money, well this is unexpected surprise.

Your concepts sound exciting as ever! And amazing to read you are working 100 hours a day, be sure not to get burned out. We need you in crypto!  Wink

um..
100 hours per week = ~14hrs per day, not 100 per day Smiley
The trick is to change the type of work to let the tired parts of the brain recharge

hologram

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:28:30 PM

god bless jl777  Cheesy

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:37:59 PM

OK, I have read every single post. Just wanted to say that upfront to prevent people from telling me to read the freakin' posts!

First off, where exactly is that 10% "profit" going? I cannot seem to figure that out. It seems as if it is going to the maintenance of websites and such, but I am unsure. But, 10% seems like a huge amount to me.

Secondly, how exactly does one measure the ICO? In other words, it seems to mirror the structure of a closed-end mutual fund. As much money will be raised as possible and everyone will get the amount of "coins" they want. After the ICO, the assets will be purchased and any dividends will be divided among the "coin" holders. OK, fine. But why buy it at the ICO price? Like with a closed-end mutual fund, the possible short-term gains could be governed more by the NAV (net asset value) than any sort of future value. That is all good, don't get me wrong -- and many a closed-end fund trades above NAV. But where is the benefit of getting in early? The insider information that they have to purchase other assets early, I guess -- Is that it?

Finally, I can see how this benefits BTCD, but is it disproportionate? I guess what I am asking here is, since BTCD is at the center of this aren't they going to benefit most of all? Am I misreading that particular part of this equation?
10% of profits are for "overhead" I feel that running something at 90% profitability is quite acceptable from investors point of view. Real world companies are struggle to make 15% profit margins, at least when I was up to date on that sort of thing, it was. Maybe some companies are making 25% profits (I am talking net of all expenses not just gross profits), so if you feel that SuperNET should operate at a higher profit level than 90%, then please dont invest. Let me buy a Starbucks latter everyday for all key contributors if I want to.

Thank you for a thoughtful question!

SuperNET is half similar to closed end fund, yes it is. Purchasers of the closed end fund are the ones that will benefit from the advantaged investments in the altcoins. So, if we can average 2x as we convert the BTC, then this is making a doubling of NAV. I certainly am not expecting 8x like BBR for all of the funds raised! The key to this value is the fact that it has no overhead that is draining it drop by drop. It is the BTC in escrowed cold storage, or the altcoins purchased at the pre-SuperNET price.

The other benefit is to support the UNITE cause. Even if you think the ROI is not so good as compared to possible 60x for some altcoins, maybe you feel crypto is better as united instead of divided. Then I ask for donation of 1 BTC, or whatever you feel is good for donation to this cause. Then if there is some positive ROI, it is the nice pillow chocolate to know you helped the cause and make some profits at the same time. The more is raised with SuperNET, the bigger message it sends about the will of crypto to UNITE. Then this makes easier to make bigger SuperNET, which gives BTC more power and then the giant sucking of fiat into crypto is unleashed so we can go to Taco Bell (or KFC) and not feel ashamed that BTC market cap is smaller than Yum Brands

The other half of SuperNET is the operating half. This operating half is composed of all the best crypto tech integrated into a single crossmarketed system where the monetization of each coin is displayed in a nice list to select from. Like the google adwords, the highest bids are going to the top, so the auction process discovers the price for the value of the crossmarketing to 100,000+ SuperNET users. Additionally, the services that I am creating, Teleport, InstantDEX, Tradebots (NXTcoinsco), Privatebet, these will have some small fees that are lower than the centralized vendors and so it is benefit to users to use them to save money on fees and get decentralized peer to peer functionings. These revenues are flowed through the corresponding assets and these assets will be in the very center of the SuperNET core and their dividends will flow out to all the SuperNET owners.

Combining the click auctioning revenues and the dividends from the core assets is just the yummy gravy to the SuperNET. Of course it will take some time before these revenues are making big impact. I dont even know how to estimate the average fees per SuperNET users, nor the eventual number of SuperNET users. So with R * N with both R (ave revenues) and N being unknown, let us set the value of this at a small number for now. In any case, the SuperNET founders will be paying a zero premium for whatever this R * N * T is. T is the lifetime future values, of course to be proper we need to discount the integral: (Sum over Time(R * N)) / D
What sort of D discount is to be used? Not sure. So I structure it as costing 0. I figure it will be hard for this to be an overestimate and when it comes to peoples money I want to make sure for positive result.

I hope this is the acceptable pricing?

James

P.S. I am making nice stash of yummy chocolates for those who are taking the time to think about what SuperNET is. Let us not make it so easy for those too lazy to read and think. We try to keep this a test for finding the thoughtful ones. Dont want any trampolines.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

god bless jl777  Cheesy

where did you get my picture?

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:39:21 PM

The other is a kind PM from noashh that reminded me I was getting a bit stressed and should take some time off. So, I took the weekend off and made this SuperNET.

lmao. That was not what I had in mind.

hologram

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:49:35 PM

That's a hot crypto girl wanting to make you dirty thing  Grin

Important question: Where are the sexy crypto girl ?

btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:55:58 PM

That's a hot crypto girl wanting to make you dirty thing  Grin

Important question: Where are the sexy crypto girl ?

there are no girls on the internet
hologram

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:02:50 PM

there are no girls on the our internet

corrected  Wink

JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:18:00 PM

10% of profits are for "overhead" I feel that running something at 90% profitability is quite acceptable from investors point of view. Real world companies are struggle to make 15% profit margins, at least when I was up to date on that sort of thing, it was. Maybe some companies are making 25% profits (I am talking net of all expenses not just gross profits), so if you feel that SuperNET should operate at a higher profit level than 90%, then please dont invest. Let me buy a Starbucks latter everyday for all key contributors if I want to.

Yes, well you seem like a very intelligent guy who is doing his best in this crypto world. Therefore, there really is no need for your snarkiness. While, that is certainly given a premium on the internet in general, it is a little off-putting when one is asking for money. Plus, as an intelligent person, you are fully aware that you did not answer the question.

While it is fascinating how much profit margin other companies may or may not make, it is irrelevant to the topic. I am not asking how much money it takes to produce and distribute a roll of paper towels or fine cigars or Maserati's, I am asking about this ICO. I asked where it goes. Is it you? Have you estimated that your operation will cost about 10% of profits? What if you need more? What if it is far less? As far as I am concerned, it can go to a salary for you. However, you keep telling us in every other post, including this one, that you are but a humble, regular guy, who just wants his coffee and cream. Furthermore, you say, you will only make money the same way we all will -- your investment into the ICO. Oh, and closed-end funds (which you seemed to indicate had some similarities to this) don't take 10% "overhead".

As I say, take it and buy your own Starbucks franchise for all I care. I just was wondering where this 10% "profit" was going. Sheesh.
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:23:21 PM

@jl777

So because BBR is being added to the core, does this mean that Monero can not be part of the core because it does not bring any new features that BBR hasn't already added? And Monero, if it gets added will be in an arm spiraling off the core somewhere?
The monero camp (not its devs) mistreated me. At least I felt very insulted, especially when my thoughtful post on the XMR observer thread was totally ignored, until one person made a positive comment. Then I am accused of using a sockpuppet! Of all things to attack my integrity. Then my writing is ridiculed. I am incompetent to write a whitepaper, I know this. I only wrote the draft text and hired a professional writer for making it better. I liked the pirates to make it easy to understand for normal peoples. It was supposed to be split into two documents, one just with pirates and one without. I just dont have time for "GUI" things and I rely on others to just do what is needed. I also dont have time to micromanage or pester people. So a lot of things, they are unfinished. I am not a cryptographer, this also is used to dismiss my Teleport. So, making disparaging comments about my integrity, my intelligence, my tech, my coin.

Even I have my limits.

So, I revisit my BBR friends and realize to my horror that it had been beaten down out of top 100! To 1/40th of XMR price. Now nobody really knows who is doing this, but when a coin that has arguably better tech (let us not argue if it is actually better, BBR dev has made changes to the blockformat itself, clearly he is not a mechanic fiddling with settings, he is full blown engine designer!) and making new releases, including user friendly GUI, I wont list all the tech changes, please dont start a debate on which tech is better. Just try them both yourself and you decide which is better. Fair enough. Dont take my word, use your own judgement.

Anyway, the BBR price it turns around, but now there is all sorts of chatter to try to hurt it, but with knowledge the BBR is rising back to a more reasonable 1/5 value. If BBR tech is really as good or microscopically better than any other cryptonote, then what is the right price ratio? What is the right marketcap ratio? I let the market decide. So, now there is these large buying of XMR and some flashing of 1000 BTC buy orders. Clearly big whales are backing XMR and their advocates keep namecalling against BBR. So I feel big sympathy for poor little BBR. I am no big whale, I have not much BTC at all. Then I realize maybe I am able to raise some BTC with SuperNET. And actually this is likely some part of the reason I have started SuperNET. The other is I am still waiting for a release from other dev so I can debug Teleport. The other is a kind PM from noashh that reminded me I was getting a bit stressed and should take some time off. So, I took the weekend off and made this SuperNET. It is really just something that has to be done to counteract the fiat forces and I think the universe has conspired to make all these things happen. So I am lightning rod with all this but that is all, I just happened to be "lucky" enough to be hit by this lightening. Now I have to work so much before I can return to my preferred zen mode...

Anyway, as far as XMR goes. I like the BBR tech better than XMR and I certainly dont like the constant negativity from the XMR camp. Maybe there is nothing the XMR devs can do, but if this is indeed some coordinated smear campaign controlled by some XMR devotees, then they can stop the hostilities and make cooperation. I am not sure if they are able to do this and until they do, I wont have to think about whether XMR can be integrated into SuperNET core. I am a simple C programmer, but when I am personally attacked and get ridiculed when I am asking for the help, I do have a bit of a temper and the universe seems to help me out to defuse this anger in me. Sometimes in very unexpected ways.

So, conditions for XMR are to immediately stop any and all bashing of other cryptos. Talk about how good your XMR is, of course. Tech analysis of benefits, of course. Spreading rumors about personal things, not. FUD of course not.

UNITE of all crypto, this is the goal. Be part of this and of course there is a possibility of joining. But how can a culture based on zerosum hostility and "there can only be one" highlander beheadings, fit into spirit of cooperation?

If this toxic culture is indeed changed, then with the touted awesomeness of the XMR dev team I am sure there will be some tech that will be unique and valuable. I might require some significant investment in SuperNET as sort of a pennance, but I am practical guy and if XMR team will be benefit, then how can I refuse?

James

first of all, i like bbr
i followed all crypto note coins for a quite long time, but i think you didn't.
BBR got dumped that much because gpu mining was private for months.. they should have focused on developing public gpu + stratum compatibility, but instead the gui was developed. Bad priorities for the coin in my opinion. a group of about 5 people mined 5-10k bbr a day and got about 70-80% of the whole supply. every second day 30k got dumped, the buy side was cleared out.
The low market value has nothing to do with fud or bashing.
As you can see on the nethashrate these ec2 cowboys quit at some point when bbr stayed down at 20k satoshi.
It will be interesting what happens now when it gets pumped again. the hash rate is somehow exploding again, it may be the ec2 farm getting in again..
the discussion between bbr and xmr is legit and should be there! thats basically no fudding or bashing. there where some concerns about the changes made with bbr, for example about a possible lack of entropy with wild keecak and stuff like that. Changing the base which was developed by real cryptographers like the CN developers, inherits risks which should at least be addressed.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:33:02 PM

I am a little bit concerned about buying all this coins with investors money. Most of the altcoins are traded 90% below alltime high, and many disappeared.  Sure there will be a rush at the beginning when there are announced about adding a coin to supernet. But what will happen afterwards? They will decrease again and supernet will become a major bagholder of a lot of coins.

I like the idea of united crypto, cause we have way to much of them. But buying them up, I don´t know.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 08:36:46 PM

Yes, well you seem like a very intelligent guy who is doing his best in this crypto world. Therefore, there really is no need for your snarkiness. While, that is certainly given a premium on the internet in general, it is a little off-putting when one is asking for money. Plus, as an intelligent person, you are fully aware that you did not answer the question.

While it is fascinating how much profit margin other companies may or may not make, it is irrelevant to the topic. I am not asking how much money it takes to produce and distribute a roll of paper towels or fine cigars or Maserati's, I am asking about this ICO. I asked where it goes. Is it you? Have you estimated that your operation will cost about 10% of profits? What if you need more? What if it is far less? As far as I am concerned, it can go to a salary for you. However, you keep telling us in every other post, including this one, that you are but a humble, regular guy, who just wants his coffee and cream. Furthermore, you say, you will only make money the same way we all will -- your investment into the ICO. Oh, and closed-end funds (which you seemed to indicate had some similarities to this) don't take 10% "overhead".

As I say, take it and buy your own Starbucks franchise for all I care. I just was wondering where this 10% "profit" was going. Sheesh.
10% of the operating revenues, not of the investment side.
I have not come up with a detailed budget of how to allocate the 10%. It is not productive for me to spend time to allocate funds specifically when it is not clear the amount of the funds that will arrive in escrow. That will determine the practical size of SuperNET, which then determines the practical range of the revenues from the operating side, which then finally allows for some order of magnitude estimation of what this 10% will represent.

I am not ashamed to admit that I cannot answer some of these key variables so maybe we are talking about allocating 10 BTC or 1000 BTC. The right answer would depend on what the total budget is. I think you agree with this. So, yes I could make different budgets for all ranges of funds raised and have half a dozen different scenarios all covered to every last detail.

I'm just not that type of guy to do such things. If there are any volunteers who want to make such an allocation, then please do!
So, unless there is some such fancy spreadsheets to cover all expenses, then I will just use my judgement to determine what to spend the 10% on. You will have to trust me to do the right thing.

I know, I know, this is the internet and you cant trust anyone. I am not believing in the fiat world's faith in massive documentation about all the things to be defined ahead of time. I am not smart enough for knowing all the possible futures. I just make the decisions as they become available to be decided. I can certainly make mistakes, and I have. I am always answering in detail any thoughtful questions and I am thus making an "open source" business plan here. The more eyes on it to find any faults, the better.

So, please if there are any big things I have missed, let us discuss them. If there are no big things, then let us discuss medium sized things. If by chance we only have small things to discuss, very well, let us discuss them

Please post any flaws you find about the business model for SuperNET. It will become stronger from this.

James

P.S. If I have not answered clearly enough about the 10% and how it will be spent, please ask more questions. We can always make some 10% spending committee if the community wants. Yes, I will start a poll. Do we want the 10% operating budget spending determined by a committee or me.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 08:40:22 PM

@jl777

Even I have my limits.

James

first of all, i like bbr
i followed all crypto note coins for a quite long time, but i think you didn't.
BBR got dumped that much because gpu mining was private for months.. they should have focused on developing public gpu + stratum compatibility, but instead the gui was developed. Bad priorities for the coin in my opinion. a group of about 5 people mined 5-10k bbr a day and got about 70-80% of the whole supply. every second day 30k got dumped, the buy side was cleared out.
The low market value has nothing to do with fud or bashing.
As you can see on the nethashrate these ec2 cowboys quit at some point when bbr stayed down at 20k satoshi.
It will be interesting what happens now when it gets pumped again. the hash rate is somehow exploding again, it may be the ec2 farm getting in again..
the discussion between bbr and xmr is legit and should be there! thats basically no fudding or bashing. there where some concerns about the changes made with bbr, for example about a possible lack of entropy with wild keecak and stuff like that. Changing the base which was developed by real cryptographers like the CN developers, inherits risks which should at least be addressed.
This is what I want!
fact based discussions!!

I just see the posts and trollbox commetary and the rarest things are the fact based posts. Maybe I am not seeing what you are, but until all the non-fact based posts are removed, it is not even possible to have some sort of rational debate on the technical comparison between the cryptonotes.

I think it is fair to say that XMR and BBR are at least peers and that regardless of anything else, there is no way one is worth 40x the other or 160x marketcap.

So, let the fact based debates begin, but please not here. This thread is not for some XMR vs BBR tech debates.

Fair enough?

James

hologram

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 08:41:21 PM

Maybe i'm missing why it's a stupid idea (it's late here) but why not let superNET IPO buyers vote to decide how to allocate the fund ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: