Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 08:15:25 PM

Do I get this right, guys?

Total sum of IPO is gonna be around 5k BTC. Than James is gonna throw in another 2k worth of assets and gets 500 BTC in return. Another 500 BTC stay in superNet as a reserve for operational costs. So the investors pay 5k BTC to get something immediately worth 6.5k BTC? That's 30% guaranteed profit for doing nothing. That can't be true. I must be missing something here, right?
getting TOKEN below book value when it is backed by the crypto deposits makes it a fairly unique opportunity

there is no guarantee that SuperNET will trade at the asset NAV right away, so there is no guaranteed profit

The NAV buy wall will be at the non-asset calculated value, probably around 0.0103 to begin with

What sort of price the market will trade SuperNET/UNITY at is the big question. Will be be at asset NAV? will it be some multiple based on non asset NAV? or asset NAV multiple?

My philosophy is to leave money on the table so that the people that are investing in my assets are making money. So far I think I have created close to $20 mil USD of marketcap for people that invested in my assets and BTCD. Something like $15 million of that is profits.

My goal is to make the SuperNET owners happy or at least wealthier

James

P.S. I have already thrown in the 2000 BTC of assets trusting the TOKEN holders to vote for the bonus.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

over time, each node will end up with preferred routes to other nodes, but this is different for each node. This is because the correlation stats are only possible to the dest acct that receives the JSON API string. That is where the originating acct number is. All the routing nodes only see the next acct to send to and they do know the previous IP address. Since it will not be easy to get a "lock" onto the right IP address even knowing the exact originator's acct #, the weaker correlation of previous IP address to next hop's acct doesnt seem enough to get much info to conduct an attack. Especially since there is only a statistical guess as to the IP for the next acct

James

That is a good point.

Forgive me from being obtuse one more time. What is to stop a malicious node packaging up a transaction that only routes to himself (or other malicious nodes he controls), such that at every layer of the onion except the last hop he's simply sending via himself? If you were curious about the owner of a particular account, would that not short-circuit much of the privacy effect?
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

I miss CECVW. He was very funny with his stories and I miss him. I dont think he was kicked out, just some people thought it strange about the hero worship. I am no hero and I dont really want people to be thinking of SuperNET as me as it is from the community that SuperNET will get its power. I also believe in freedom and CECVW is certainly free to put whatever he wants in his tagline.

Thanks Laura, Noashh and James, This story is for your 3.

The coin didn't seem the right size it did not look normal as it was a crypto coin. The berry coloured coin would flicker on and off also, so  I decided to clean it and left it on top of the radio. All of a sudden, my radio started to go a little crazy, like weird moaning sounds, and it wouldn't tune, and it wouldn't turn off.

I worked out that the radio was somehow communicating with the berry coloured coin, it was giving her hints in what to do as I heard voices behind the moaning sounds telling her to adjust her berry colour slightly.

I wandered what the radio was possibly trying to tell her... I looked at the berry coloured coin, but the coin looked as clueless as it ever did. I looked back at the radio, trying to hear any other sounds I may have missed, but no, still all the  moaning sounds carried on. I then looked back at my berry coloured coin and finally realised what the radio was trying to hint.

I panicked and grabbed my berry coloured coin for dear life, her life was more important than mine. I had to find a hiding place for my coin, just so she was safe from whatever is doing all of this...but where could I hide it? Then it occurred to me...My wallet? What a fantastic idea! Why didn't I think about that before?

Quick!" I yelled to my coin. Get into the safe confines of the wallet!

I realized that I knew what and who it was on the other side of the room! It was boolberry's boyfriend BTCD looking for his love!

Suddenly boolberry pop out from the wallet and  grew an antenna started to speak. Boolberry  was being summoned by  BTCD to go home to his SuperNetwork Galaxy. I became sad because I was going to miss my boolberry until she invited me come along to SuperNetwork.

A VISIT TO SUPERNETWORK.

After boolberry left I felt totally devastated and I started to drink heavily. It never ceased to stop torturing me no matter how much I was drinking to forget her . My life was not only trapped by her absence but also the thought what she was doing with BTCD at nights.

I was addicted to alcohol, alcohol for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I couldn’t control my frequent urges. I was drinking to avoid thinking of her, not to find a solution to her as there was no solution, but it made me feel better so I carried on drinking.

There are people who somehow lose their way, the meaning of our own existence, I was one of them. It can happen to anybody. It may well just happen to you or someone close to you. It happened to me I lost my boolberry coin.

I decided it was time to make my way to SuperNetwork and kidnap her.

I was in a two-way trip to the SuperNetwork Galaxy. Every atom in my body was going to be coded to find boolberry and I had to be there. So here I am traveling through a different dimension, defying the laws of physics to learn from Aristotle how a normal human being lives a life in a world of coins.

I have to used the Teleport. So here I am sitting in the Teleport and pressing the bottom to be ready to be transported to SuperNetwork. The transparent, yellow light shield was protecting my body from the ride coded trip. There were lights going around me in a chopping frame rate scattering effect, that brightness effect made it hard to keep my eyes open. . It would seem as if the journey would never end. But just when I thought I couldn’t take anymore , there I was at my destination!

TO BE CONTINUED......

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:09:17 PM

over time, each node will end up with preferred routes to other nodes, but this is different for each node. This is because the correlation stats are only possible to the dest acct that receives the JSON API string. That is where the originating acct number is. All the routing nodes only see the next acct to send to and they do know the previous IP address. Since it will not be easy to get a "lock" onto the right IP address even knowing the exact originator's acct #, the weaker correlation of previous IP address to next hop's acct doesnt seem enough to get much info to conduct an attack. Especially since there is only a statistical guess as to the IP for the next acct

James

That is a good point.

Forgive me from being obtuse one more time. What is to stop a malicious node packaging up a transaction that only routes to himself (or other malicious nodes he controls), such that at every layer of the onion except the last hop he's simply sending via himself? If you were curious about the owner of a particular account, would that not short-circuit much of the privacy effect?
it would certainly be possible to find out the IP of a public privacyServer that is responding to unknown acct's making queries. But a private node would disable this autoresponse, so it would only be sending its JSON responses to known requestors or the accounts it is sending to.

this is why the 100+ public privacy servers are needed. to shield the private nodes from such query/response attacks. but some nodes have to respond to generic queries as if all nodes went dark, then nobody would be able to communicate with anybody else.

if you are using a loopback privacyserver and do not disable autoresponse, then if your private acct can be linked to your loopback server, then this leaks your IP, so I do see a need for hardened privacyServer vendors that will provide a shield against such things. But this is all up to the user to configure. what a server does not know cannot be divulged. so the really cautious would only be accessing the supernet via an acct that is not published anywhere.

eKiTeL

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:10:31 PM

sorry for dumb noob question, but if I want to buy SuperNET before the end of ICO I could just transfer some NXT to my account on https://trade.secureae.com and buy "token" there?
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:12:16 PM

James

That is a good point.

it would certainly be possible to find out the IP of a public privacyServer that is responding to unknown acct's making queries. But a private node would disable this autoresponse, so it would only be sending its JSON responses to known requestors or the accounts it is sending to.

this is why the 100+ public privacy servers are needed. to shield the private nodes from such query/response attacks. but some nodes have to respond to generic queries as if all nodes went dark, then nobody would be able to communicate with anybody else.

if you are using a loopback privacyserver and do not disable autoresponse, then if your private acct can be linked to your loopback server, then this leaks your IP, so I do see a need for hardened privacyServer vendors that will provide a shield against such things. But this is all up to the user to configure. what a server does not know cannot be divulged. so the really cautious would only be accessing the supernet via an acct that is not published anywhere.

Thank you.
I will be quiet now.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:22:22 PM

sorry for dumb noob question, but if I want to buy SuperNET before the end of ICO I could just transfer some NXT to my account on https://trade.secureae.com and buy "token" there?

Yes you can

https://trade.secureae.com/#15641806960898178066

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:23:08 PM

James

That is a good point.

Thank you.
I will be quiet now.
these are good questions! more is a good thing
there is only so much that can be automated
ultimately the user will need to be using common sense or his privacy is lost
you can after all just post all your acct details and this is something that has no protection possible

Forobitcoins

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:40:40 PM

It's official!

ICO will end 1400 GMT on Tuesday
voting will end 1400 GMT on Wed
trading will start 1400 GMT on Thursday

I will post bter URL for voting as soon as I get it. NXT AE TOKEN purchasers can vote already by sending any message (or donation) to:

ApproveBonus NXT-GR5T-8W3L-UFQP-8VFPV
RejectBonus NXT-FCHV-C8VL-YWFJ-EELVV

James

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.msg8916442#msg8916442

At what point supernet is received in the nxt account?
around 1400 GMT on Thursday
as soon as the SuperNET asset is distributed, TOKEN loses all value so I strongly advise to remove any TOKEN bids in the AE after 1400 GMT on Tuesday

James

Thanks James

Sorry for my broken English XD
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:50:10 PM

You could also just login to your normal NXT account on secureae and buy them that way as well.
eKiTeL

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:55:32 PM

Yes you can

looks like it's already being traded there, I thought this was an ICO?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:58:42 PM

Yes you can

The offering from "Asset Issuer" is james. But, there is nothing to keep others from trading token at this point. It is those that trade it after superNet is issued that I would question. Unless they are trading for dust just to collect it for posterity sake.
eKiTeL

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 10:03:37 PM

Yes you can

The offering from "Asset Issuer" is james. But, there is nothing to keep others from trading token at this point. It is those that trade it after superNet is issued that I would question. Unless they are trading for dust just to collect it for posterity sake.

so to get in on the ICO go here: https://bter.com/trade/TOKEN_BTC  Huh

I really don't get the dust comment, I guess I have tons of research to do to understand what any of this is about....
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 10:35:25 PM

Yes you can

so to get in on the ICO go here: https://bter.com/trade/TOKEN_BTC  Huh

I really don't get the dust comment, I guess I have tons of research to do to understand what any of this is about....

Dust is just a word for a very small amount. With BTC small amounts like 100 sat and less are just "dust".
jl777fan

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:23:37 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 01:39:28 AM by jl777fan

I buy  2000 token just for jl777   .
CrimsonPermanentAssurance

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:54:20 AM

Do token holders on Bter need to do anything to convert to Unity, or will that happen automatically? Sorry if that was answered before.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 01:56:58 AM

Do token holders on Bter need to do anything to convert to Unity, or will that happen automatically? Sorry if that was answered before.
automatic

UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:41:38 AM

This is the most confusing thing I've ever seen and I'm no newb to the arena.  I first started researching this on Friday, but since then I've spent about a dozen hours on threads, reading whitepapers, websites, IRC, and your blog.

I understand the technology idea behind SuperNET - and I think its a good one, but you would have gotten a ton more money if you'd have bothered to explain the financial aspects much better.  (Piecing together the NAV funding, the asset NAV funding, and the myriad of ways you expect SuperNET to generate revenue is frankly just a hot mess).  It's so bad, everyone I've personally talked to about SuperNET has not invested because they don't understand it. 

Moving into trading in two days, the best thing you can do to increase the value is take the time to explain the financial vision (funding and revenue) in detail.  Better yet, have someone else do it.  Sometimes, when a person is living and breathing a complex idea it seems so fundamentally obvious that they just can't explain it well.  We need single, concise document that explains SuperNET in its current incarnation in a ELI5 capacity.

I hope some of you who know James well and are invested in his vision can take the time to do this for him.  I would volunteer to be involved, but I'm not really even sure where to begin.  Every time I think I get the gist I read something that casts doubt on my basic assumptions - as evidenced by my own posts in this thread.  I'm of course happy to contribute to the discussion though. 

To close, I've invested 6.5 BTC into super net, but I would have gone much bigger if I felt like like I fully understood the financial aspects of it.  I *know* I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Lets get something out there that explains the vision in detail before we start to trade on Thursday.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 03:06:41 AM

This is the most confusing thing I've ever seen and I'm no newb to the arena.  I first started researching this on Friday, but since then I've spent about a dozen hours on threads, reading whitepapers, websites, IRC, and your blog.

I understand the technology idea behind SuperNET - and I think its a good one, but you would have gotten a ton more money if you'd have bothered to explain the financial aspects much better.  (Piecing together the NAV funding, the asset NAV funding, and the myriad of ways you expect SuperNET to generate revenue is frankly just a hot mess).  It's so bad, everyone I've personally talked to about SuperNET has not invested because they don't understand it. 

Moving into trading in two days, the best thing you can do to increase the value is take the time to explain the financial vision (funding and revenue) in detail.  Better yet, have someone else do it.  Sometimes, when a person is living and breathing a complex idea it seems so fundamentally obvious that they just can't explain it well.  We need single, concise document that explains SuperNET in its current incarnation in a ELI5 capacity.

I hope some of you who know James well and are invested in his vision can take the time to do this for him.  I would volunteer to be involved, but I'm not really even sure where to begin.  Every time I think I get the gist I read something that casts doubt on my basic assumptions - as evidenced by my own posts in this thread.  I'm of course happy to contribute to the discussion though. 

To close, I've invested 6.5 BTC into super net, but I would have gone much bigger if I felt like like I fully understood the financial aspects of it.  I *know* I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Lets get something out there that explains the vision in detail before we start to trade on Thursday.

there is a team working on the "financial GUI"
there is enough funds raised as it is, I am not needing to maximize the funds raised
this also makes it easier to give the people who invested a better ROI
like you say, just by documenting it clearly the price will increase

James

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:09:12 AM

as soon as the SuperNET asset is distributed, TOKEN loses all value so I strongly advise to remove any TOKEN bids in the AE after 1400 GMT on Tuesday

So TOKENs will be automatically replaced to assets after ICO is over?
yes
Great asset. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: