Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:09:27 AM

With less than half a day left, it seems quite unlikely to sell the 3% today, so it is looking more and more like end of Monday will be the end of TOKEN sales. exact time will be posted when we know for sure

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kufan

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 02:10:16 AM

With less than half a day left, it seems quite unlikely to sell the 3% today, so it is looking more and more like end of Monday will be the end of TOKEN sales. exact time will be posted when we know for sure

James

That is enough. it has been a long time.
m30188

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 03:46:37 AM

James

That is enough. it has been a long time.
Two weeks in cryto-world time is an eternity.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:02:24 AM

I don't understand SuperNET at all and http://supernet.answerbase.com is completely useless. Can someone please give me a TL;DR?

supernet will take some time to understand. there really is no TL;DR

http://supernet.wikia.com/wiki/SuperNET_Wiki

i put a bit of info up here last weekend, but its rather incomplete

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 04:11:21 AM

Here is part of a thread discussing the ongoing code review in the NXT forum:

Is there anybody available to code review the SuperNET routing code?
It is currently all in a single file of 666 lines!
spooky Smiley

It is doing the onion routing and tokenizing and hopefully properly routing without leaking any private info or exploding the packet traffic

James
James, I'd love to.  Is it checked into a github? if so, which one?
https://github.com/jl777/libjl777

packets.h and udp.h are the key
Warning: Technical information about the SuperNET
As suggested by jl777, I am posting the workings of onion routing and potential pitfalls it could have. Onion routing is a method for sending data from one place to another by bouncing the data across multiple servers with multiple layers of encryption.
Process:
1. the data to send is encrypted on multiple levels by the client
2. the client sends the encrypted packet to the first of many PrivacyServers
3. the privacy server does checks on the packet
4. the server then decrypts the packet one level
5. the server checks if the packet is now completely decrypted and meant for this location
6. If it still has layers of encrytion to go, it locates a new privacy server to send to and repeats the process
7. once the packet reaches the end user, the data is available, seemingly untractably and anonymously

Faults to work out:
- the packets could be monitored for size and followed by tracing the unique size of the packet through the network
A) ~ mitigated by either padding the values to max or adding a random salt to the packet at each level
- the packets could be followed by the timing of each hop
B) ~ mitigated by adding random wait times on the system
- somehow having a code fault that allows access to previous senders or public keys for other levels or privacy servers
C) ~ further code analysis for errors

If anyone wants to help find flaws to iron out, your help is appreciated, otherwise this is just a rundown of what supernet can do  Grin
A) I plan to have a higher privacy level to pad out all packets. Since this adds network bandwidth load, I think it is best to have a "cost", which will just be the requirement of TBD amount of BTCD to be in the user's acct

B) I think assumes the attacker is able to monitor all packet traffic, but the attacker would only be able to decrypt packets that it is routing (or receiving). Unless the traffic level is so low that individual packets can be traced globally, it will be hard to correlate the packets even for a single transmission. this being said, a random delay is a good idea, but probably not such a large range.

It is important to note that there are two types of nodes, the public servers that publish their IP addresses and pubkey and the private nodes that only communicate to the public servers. The part I need most help is to see if the probabilistic routing will truly shield a private node's IP address from the public servers, and of course whether it will be able to successfully route most of the time.

My feeling is that based on network topology different fanout levels need to be used in addition to some integration of historical probabilities. When the network is relatively small, we an err on the side of larger values, but at the larger scale it will be important to be as efficient as possible. One approach I am thinking of is to just use an adaptively adjusted fanout factor, eg. shrink it if it worked, expand it if it didnt. this would end up jittering around the optimum level and once there is enough history to add a bit of headroom to the critical value.

It would be nice if somebody could model this

James

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:09:29 AM

My feeling is that based on network topology different fanout levels need to be used in addition to some integration of historical probabilities. When the network is relatively small, we an err on the side of larger values, but at the larger scale it will be important to be as efficient as possible. One approach I am thinking of is to just use an adaptively adjusted fanout factor, eg. shrink it if it worked, expand it if it didnt. this would end up jittering around the optimum level and once there is enough history to add a bit of headroom to the critical value.

Errr, whatever you say James. Whatever you say!  Smiley
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 08:21:39 AM

Errr, whatever you say James. Whatever you say!  Smiley
I was trying to say doing something like a robot control circuit using feedback to track along a line, but of course in a different dimension

James

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 08:43:58 AM

What do you define as a large network? And what would efficient mean for a network that size?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:01:25 AM

What do you define as a large network? And what would efficient mean for a network that size?
100,000+ nodes
efficient would mean close to optimal redundancy
still need to work out what sort of probability distribution there will be so I am not sure what "optimal" is yet

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:11:24 AM

100,000+ nodes
still need to work out what sort of probability distribution there will be so I am not sure what "optimal" is yet

How many public/private nodes?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 09:17:04 AM

100,000+ nodes

this depends on the users. I am counting each computer as a node and most will probably have a loopback privacy server along with the private node, then the 100+ public privacyservers, so that is 1000 clients for the 100+ privacyservers. sounds like a lot, but UDP processing will be fast and network packets are so slow compared to CPU, I dont think it will be an issue. RAM will probably be the limiting factor, but even if things have to swap to HDD it could be fast enough

Porte

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 10:49:14 AM

Long Live James!

Enough with that. You sound ridiculous.

I agree, please stop that.
From reading James and capturing his down-to-earth personality, I do not think he enjoys "NXTzy" slogans glorifying his persona.
Thanks and regards,

Rodrigo

Hypocrisy is easy to find in others but hard to see in oneself. And talking on behalf of others is one of those.

None of us are perfect. The best we can do is to accept that we will find flaws in others and appreciate it when other find our own flaws

We should all work to eliminate those flaws as they are found. But not everyone is passionate about self improvement.

I strongly believe in protecting myself and self defense. . I no longer attack back when someone offends me.

We function in duality whether we realize it or not. We are utterly different people to different people, and we don't even know it.

A good friend taught me about ‘’Silence’’; Do not retaliate to people offending you immediately, instead, patiently reflect and wait, write down your own human thoughts on what you want to say to the one who offended you; then in later, read what you wrote, and if you are content; let the person know what you had put down.

And my only reason to say Long Live James was in an affectionate way.

Reminds me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_Communication

Nonviolent Communication (abbreviated NVC, also called Compassionate Communication or Collaborative Communication[1][2]) is a communication process developed by Marshall Rosenberg beginning in the 1960s.[3] It focuses on three aspects of communication: self-empathy (defined as a deep and compassionate awareness of one's own inner experience), empathy (defined as listening to another with deep compassion), and honest self-expression (defined as expressing oneself authentically in a way that is likely to inspire compassion in others).

NVC is based on the idea that all human beings have the capacity for compassion and only resort to violence or behavior that harms others when they don't recognize more effective strategies for meeting needs.[4] Habits of thinking and speaking that lead to the use of violence (psychological and physical) are learned through culture. NVC theory supposes all human behavior stems from attempts to meet universal human needs and that these needs are never in conflict. Rather, conflict arises when strategies for meeting needs clash. NVC proposes that if people can identify their needs, the needs of others, and the feelings that surround these needs, harmony can be achieved.[5]

While NVC is ostensibly taught as a process of communication designed to improve compassionate connection to others, it has also been interpreted as a spiritual practice, a set of values, a parenting technique, an educational method and a worldview.

Ps: I dont like it when a tiny number of loud people (compared to dozens or hundreds who dont say anything) are the reason for drastic reactions. Just ignore them as they can ignore you.

+ 1

Sad to see you leaving CECVW, You were a funny guy. You only mistake was to be different.

Anyway moving on, Tomorrow when Supernetwork is launched what will happen? I mean we will expect a high peak in the value of Supernetwork? Will there be an announcement of any kind, marketing, new coins added etc?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:05:50 AM

Anyway moving on, Tomorrow when Supernetwork is launched what will happen? I mean we will expect a high peak in the value of Supernetwork? Will there be an announcement of any kind, marketing, new coins added etc?
the funding will continue for 2 more days
after that there will be a voting day and also to make sure everybody takes down their bids for TOKEN
then the SuperNET asset will be issued and dividended out
if you have TOKEN at bter, the SuperNET asset will be called UNITY and automatically replace the TOKEN in your account
In NXT you will end up with both SuperNET asset and TOKEN, but after the dividend the TOKEN will have no value other than whatever collector value it ends up with

trading starts

then I can go back to 75%+ of my time coding to complete the tech
maybe I will take a day off

It is a mystery to me what will happen to the price. This I cannot control. We will just work hard to increase the value and the price will follow the value

James

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:10:27 AM

James for the guys that purchased on Bter, could we get the tokens on the NXT asset exchange as well?  Grin collecting stuff is half the fun

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 11:11:38 AM

James for the guys that purchased on Bter, could we get the tokens on the NXT asset exchange as well?  Grin collecting stuff is half the fun
you will have to wait for UNITY to appear in your bter account and then withdraw it to your NXT account. SuperNET asset will arrive

valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 11:15:53 AM

the funding will continue for 2 more days

Could you name the exact end time/day when the ICO finishes.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:33:11 PM

whats gonna happen after dem ICO ended?

~CfA~

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:28:49 PM

100,000+ nodes

this depends on the users. I am counting each computer as a node and most will probably have a loopback privacy server along with the private node, then the 100+ public privacyservers, so that is 1000 clients for the 100+ privacyservers. sounds like a lot, but UDP processing will be fast and network packets are so slow compared to CPU, I dont think it will be an issue. RAM will probably be the limiting factor, but even if things have to swap to HDD it could be fast enough

I'm a little lost now Smiley
I was originally thinking there would be ~100,000 'ordinary' users, then a much smaller number of public privacyservers (100); a user sends a packet, which bounces around between the 100 privacyservers for a while (1-3 onion skins), then 'exits' the privacyserver subset of the network to another user. This may be an oversimplification, or just plain wrong, especially as I'm not sure what a loopback privacyserver is.
Assuming I have understood properly, then although there are a LOT of users, there aren't many privacyservers in comparison - 1000:1. And the optimisation needs to occur only within those 100?
I guess I was just wondering whether there was some kind of shortcut, as 100 isn't that big a number, but that depends on what acceptable traffic is, and what sort of fanout is considered acceptable.
Just trying to understand better. This is what happens when you ask 'anyone' for feedback.
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:30:06 PM

100,000+ nodes

Even Bitcoin only has ~7300 reachable nodes. I doubt that we will see above 1000. At least in the first year or before massive hype.
CRServers

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 02:52:47 PM

100,000+ nodes
Even Bitcoin only has ~7300 reachable nodes. I doubt that we will see above 1000. At least in the first year or before massive hype.
From my understanding that is the optimal number, not the initial number of nodes.
Regards,
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: