Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:15:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736724 times)
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

Explain, "not technically on my computer."

Even one more pedantic point, at least for NXT. It uses a "brain" wallet. There is no wallet.dat file that is saved on your computer. So, even if you consider your "private keys" your coins, which they sort of are, with NXT your private key is your passphrase which is in your "brain".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:57:41 PM

Any link to watch the Unity at NXT AE?

There is a supernet asset on the NXT blockchain, but I can't be sure it is the official one.

But, once you get the asset id you can watch it at several places. The aforementioned secureae is nice cause it shows a chart, the order book, recent trades. Here's an example showing the mgwBTCD asset.

https://trade.secureae.com/#11060861818140490423
habraken

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:00:47 PM

But, once you get the asset id you can watch it at several places. The aforementioned secureae is nice cause it shows a chart, the order book, recent trades. Here's an example showing the mgwBTCD asset.

https://trade.secureae.com/#11060861818140490423

I hope it will be more like this one https://trade.secureae.com/#16212446818542881180 Tongue
Wob

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:04:24 PM

Bittrex, Cryptsy, etc; Possible (assets)?
cryptodance

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:07:44 PM

I highly suggest trade.secureae.com. A simple online NXT wallet with the Asset Exchange front an center.

If he's not comfortable leaving assets on an exchange, he might not be comfortable with online services either Smiley

It is 100% client based code and everything that happens happens on the blockchain. So, you can always just use your account on a local NRS wallet if you want. Nothing ties you to the service in any way.

This is much different than an exchange where you coins and assets are nothing more than a database entry.

Just curious if other long term UNITY holders will keep their assets on BTER, other online service, or transfer them to a wallet on their computer.

I will always hold the bulk of my coins and assets in my accounts on the relevant blockchain. (not technically on my computer).

Explain, "not technically on my computer."

The blockchain is a ledger of all the transactions that have happened on a coins network. It uses a concept called event sourcing. Basically, anytime something happens a new "record" is added to the database, rather than it modifying existing data. To determine the current "state" of any account/address you start from the beginning and look at all the events that occured for that account.

So, your coins are in this ledger. If you don't download the blockchain your coins aren't really "on your computer". If you use Electrum for example, it doesn't download the bitcoin blockchain. So, the coins aren't "on your computer". I know it is semantics, but as a dev I tend to be a bit pedantic about tech stuff.

I have never downloaded the bitcoin or via blockchains, so my coins aren't really on "my computer". That's what I was saying. This is why web wallet, vs lightweight wallet vs native wallet is really more a preference thing. I like being able to walk up to any computer and login into my blockchain.info wallet. Also, like being able to use my phone to spend from that wallet, rather than having my mobile wallet be a separate set if keys from a qt wallet on my PC.

This is a little bit too technical for me. I think I will just download the wallet (http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/) and store my UNITY there. I assume they can be stored in this wallet.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:18:17 PM

This is a little bit too technical for me. I think I will just download the wallet (http://nxtra.org/nxt-wallet/) and store my UNITY there. I assume they can be stored in this wallet.

yes. Wink
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:21:22 PM

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 04:26:07 PM

Any idea how i can transfer the unity on bter to my nxt wallet?
Wob

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:26:25 PM

when is supernet expected to launch or release a beta?

I think set goal is before 2015
Valta Crypto

Activity: 243

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

how long until buy wall is up?
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

I came here to ask this.  Withdraw is disabled right now.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:26:38 PM

James: I am a little concerned about the buy wall on BTER. Will this be BTC or NXT too?
Clearly a few people are planning to cash out when the buy wall appears. Fair enough, probably just normal crypto speculators looking to catch a new coin's pump and bailing when it turns out this is something different.
But there have also been large NXT buys, including one from a stakeholder who picked up ~$100,000 of UNITY. Incidentally, this person didn't vote for the bonus, and so presumably has no long-term interest in SuperNET.
When TOKEN are redeemed for UNITY and can be sent to BTER, he may see this as an opportunity to convert a large amount of NXT to BTC without crashing the price on an exchange. In which case, the 1% buy wall will not absorb his as well as others' sells.
If this is the case, a large NXT buy wall on BTER will help buffer the problem, since smaller holders will happily arbitrage the difference once the BTC have run out, whereas a whale will be less willing.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:41:04 PM

Looks like a load of people are dumping to make quick profits.
Assuming they are bought by SuperNET, once the buy wall's up, does that simply increase SuperNET's share of the assets or does it have an antidilutive effect for everyone?

I am pretty sure the buy wall will be on the NXT AE rather than BTER.

And no, that NAV doesn't change based on who owns the shares. I assume he will work like a market maker... buy at NAV and sell at some small amount above NAV.
there will be a buywall, but no sell wall
all buywall purchases will be slightly antidilutive as it is buying at NAV not counting assets
there will be walls on both NXT AE and bter, but still need to set up the special accts to do all this

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 07:05:44 PM

James: I am a little concerned about the buy wall on BTER. Will this be BTC or NXT too?
Clearly a few people are planning to cash out when the buy wall appears. Fair enough, probably just normal crypto speculators looking to catch a new coin's pump and bailing when it turns out this is something different.
But there have also been large NXT buys, including one from a stakeholder who picked up ~$100,000 of UNITY. Incidentally, this person didn't vote for the bonus, and so presumably has no long-term interest in SuperNET.
When TOKEN are redeemed for UNITY and can be sent to BTER, he may see this as an opportunity to convert a large amount of NXT to BTC without crashing the price on an exchange. In which case, the 1% buy wall will not absorb his as well as others' sells.
If this is the case, a large NXT buy wall on BTER will help buffer the problem, since smaller holders will happily arbitrage the difference once the BTC have run out, whereas a whale will be less willing.
two walls, both at same price (ignoring NXT price fluctuation)
if people want to sell at a loss or breakeven, then they will. That's OK.
a lot of people probable sold sharkfund0 in the early days especially when it went "down" 10% as NXT itself went up 50%

Let the weak hands (WH) sell. this is part of the process of getting to an assetholder base that isnt price watching every tick and screaming for some "news" to happen everyday.

There was a marketing budget of 0.00000000 for SuperNET. Nothing fancy, all community driven. Definitely non-corporate

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in. I intentionally didnt maximize the price or amount raised. This means that just getting all the materials that "should" have been there for the ICO will raise the price. Since I dont do GUI, tech or financial, I leave it to the community to do all this marketing stuff. I have to code.

An immediate 30% ROI on a 5700 BTC offering is really quite good if you think about it. This is during the stage of the WH selling pressure. Like the PoW coin during the mining phase when they are selling coins to pay the bills. When this stage is over, then we should start to see some gradual gains.

So, expect some initial selling pressure and gradual gains. I much rather have a few percent gain regularly than any massive spike in price. This is a marathon and if you are being worried about the hourly (or even daily) price change, then you are too worried Smiley

James

P.S. I will be issuing the official SuperNET asset today and when valarmg is ready with the redeeming, we redeem and then have interchangeable asset with bter's UNITY

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 07:08:11 PM

I came here to ask this.  Withdraw is disabled right now.
tomorrow

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

two walls, both at same price (ignoring NXT price fluctuation)
if people want to sell at a loss or breakeven, then they will. That's OK.
a lot of people probable sold sharkfund0 in the early days especially when it went "down" 10% as NXT itself went up 50%

Let the weak hands (WH) sell. this is part of the process of getting to an assetholder base that isnt price watching every tick and screaming for some "news" to happen everyday.

There was a marketing budget of 0.00000000 for SuperNET. Nothing fancy, all community driven. Definitely non-corporate

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in. I intentionally didnt maximize the price or amount raised. This means that just getting all the materials that "should" have been there for the ICO will raise the price. Since I dont do GUI, tech or financial, I leave it to the community to do all this marketing stuff. I have to code.

An immediate 30% ROI on a 5700 BTC offering is really quite good if you think about it. This is during the stage of the WH selling pressure. Like the PoW coin during the mining phase when they are selling coins to pay the bills. When this stage is over, then we should start to see some gradual gains.

So, expect some initial selling pressure and gradual gains. I much rather have a few percent gain regularly than any massive spike in price. This is a marathon and if you are being worried about the hourly (or even daily) price change, then you are too worried Smiley

James

P.S. I will be issuing the official SuperNET asset today and when valarmg is ready with the redeeming, we redeem and then have interchangeable asset with bter's UNITY

Not worried for myself Smiley Right now is actually kind of a nice buying opportunity, and you can get UNITY for free - even if the round trip from the AE is a bit cumbersome.
My major concern is that a whale will use it as a rare chance to exchange a large chunk of NXT for BTC without slippage, taking a bite out of SuperNET's BTC reserves.
RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:26:01 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.  I've grown to despise being a part of communities like that.

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in.

I think there are even investors who bought into the ICO that do not yet have a full understanding of SuperNET and its potential (probably myself included).  So SuperNET really is just a little baby at this point in terms of the amount of people who knows what it's all about.

Why have it called SuperNET on AE and UNITY on bter?  Why not just make everything UNITY?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 07:57:34 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.  I've grown to despise being a part of communities like that.

What this means is that the few that did discover and put money in are in a small minority. As the marketing materials are completed and people are understanding what SuperNET is, then more and more investors will come in.

I think there are even investors who bought into the ICO that do not yet have a full understanding of SuperNET and its potential (probably myself included).  So SuperNET really is just a little baby at this point in terms of the amount of people who knows what it's all about.

Why have it called SuperNET on AE and UNITY on bter?  Why not just make everything UNITY?

UNITY is the trading symbol
SuperNET is the name of the asset
If we made it too easy the price might go up too fast Smiley

James

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:32:22 PM

I believe the nav buy walls will be 0.0088 so I don't think any whales will be cashing out at that price.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 08:45:54 PM

I believe the nav buy walls will be 0.0088 so I don't think any whales will be cashing out at that price.

If I was a whale with 50m NXT, I'd take the 10-15% hit for the chance of cashing some out that way without crashing the price. Not many times someone hands you that opportunity.
Ultimately, I guess it's not a disaster, but it does reduce SuperNET's BTC holdings and skew the balance more towards NXT.
It's an interesting dynamic to add to the picture of trading NXT assets against BTC: anything with decent liquidity offers a good way to diversify/exchange in what is otherwise a relatively thinly-traded market.
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: