Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:01:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736734 times)
sugarboy321

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

and it looks like they're doing a good job with marketing... We need to get more information about supernet out before these guys steal our thunder!! http://bitcoinist.net/blocknet-the-internet-of-blockchains/

guys.  I don't like the supernet - I think it's a largely wasted time.  

But that said - the Blocknet is a lame attempt from a desperate dev to pump altcoins.  His primary coin is still closed sourced.

For what it's worth IF supernet works well and brings much to the table that people actually use (which I very seriously doubt).  I don't think you need to worry about blocknet.

cheap imitation clone from an anonymous coin that is still closed sourced from a desperate developer trying to milk a few more bucks out of stupid fanboys.

i mean - the guys sell a tornet stick browser labelled xc and then the latest release of their coin never works on linux.  only windows.

Your right, I think everyone should stay away from XC. Nom Nom Nom....it's obviously a scam...Nom nom nom. The Xchat works but it's clunky...nom nom nom....the mixer is fantastic...I mean terrible...nom nom nom. Don't mind me just eating all the cheap XC...Nom nom nom.
valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:30:06 PM

Announcement regarding Token->SuperNET redeems. Everyone should have redeemed by now, and for those who haven't it's going to start taking a lot longer to get your assets.

I'll do a redeem on Wednesday, after that I'm on holidays for 2 weeks, so there'll be no redeems over that time. So if you want to get your superNET in a timely manner, send before this Wednesday.

Can someone mention in the OP or other superNET information that everyone should redeem in the next few days or else they can expect delays of weeks, during which time they could miss dividends.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:10:55 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 01:47:01 AM by criptix

one sentence about clonenet:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

@valarmg

how many tokens are not redeemed yet? if there are still some to be redeemed maybe its possible to give someone else control over the redeem account for the time while you are on holiday?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
valarmg

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:24:59 PM

@valarmg

how many tokens are not redeemed yet? if there are still some to be redeemed maybe its possible to give someone else control over the redeem account for the time while you are on holiday?

That's possible but probably good to give people encouragement to redeem as soon as possible.
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:55:28 AM

What if clone thing replaces supernet?  Shocked
hilgi

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:23:04 AM

Maybe they will merge and become a superduperNet!
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 02:52:10 AM

What if LTC replaces BTC?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:06:43 AM

What if LTC replaces BTC?

What if Burger King replaces McDonalds? What if t.v. replaces talking to real people? What if vibrator replaces boyfriend?

Nevermind. It's not funny anymore. Now I'm just depressing myself.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:06:47 AM

I've been hearing about how clonenet is going to destroy superNET. It's a done deal.

This should be very easy when clonenet members consist of glorious Bitcoin forks with innovative features such as CoinShuffle implementations, lite web browsers built into the wallet, VPN services that are probably honeypots, facebook groups, and last but not least hype and deceptive marketing. It even contains a NXT clone with much less adoption than NXT!

SuperNET only has Teleport, reduced-bloat CryptoNote ring signatures, and NXT. Not to mention it can use CoinShuffle when Darkwallet implements it. It was also the original (dinosaurs go extinct!!).

But clonenet's vaporizing multipathway giga internet 103.0 new paradigm shifting hype autocloning technology is clearly going to win!

This picture looks cool. This picture is clonenet. clonenet is cool buy now!! --subliminal uber-innovative app encrypted SMS routed TOR-sent message
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:39:06 AM

we'll just have to watch what happens with supernet and blocknet. until one produces something the average crypto user can use then it is all speculation

supernet does has some code that a literate person can look at though, which is nice if you can read it (i can't)

are people currently able to compile the available jl777 code and get a glimpse of what is being created? i would be interested to know if this is the case

for those who might be interested...

Supernet API thread on supernet forum
https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?topic=154.75

user Cassius is documenting API progress here https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=41.0
appears to be a fresh board

i never noticed this thread was in the market place. why is that?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:47:49 AM

we'll just have to watch what happens with supernet and blocknet. until one produces something the average crypto user can use then it is all speculation

supernet does has some code that a literate person can look at though, which is nice if you can read it (i can't)

are people currently able to compile the available jl777 code and get a glimpse of what is being created? i would be interested to know if this is the case

user Cassius is documenting API progress here https://forum.thesupernet.org/index.php?board=41.0

I believe over a dozen people have compile and run recent versions. the build process is not as streamlined as it should be, but it is still evolving.

anybody that can issue command line RPC call can test the SuperNET API and this testing is what is needed most now. Things would go significantly faster if there was some organized testing of the API going on. At the API level, it can be treated as a blackbox, so no need to understand how it does things, just what it does

James

https://github.com/jl777/btcd

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:12:07 AM

I've been hearing about how clonenet is going to destroy superNET. It's a done deal.

This should be very easy when clonenet members consist of glorious Bitcoin forks with innovative features such as CoinShuffle implementations, lite web browsers built into the wallet, VPN services that are probably honeypots, facebook groups, and last but not least hype and deceptive marketing. It even contains a NXT clone with much less adoption than NXT!

SuperNET only has Teleport, reduced-bloat CryptoNote ring signatures, and NXT. Not to mention it can use CoinShuffle when Darkwallet implements it. It was also the original (dinosaurs go extinct!!).

But clonenet's vaporizing multipathway giga internet 103.0 new paradigm shifting hype autocloning technology is clearly going to win!

This picture looks cool. This picture is clonenet. clonenet is cool buy now!! --subliminal uber-innovative app encrypted SMS routed TOR-sent message

Lol.
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:21:09 AM

I believe over a dozen people have compile and run recent versions. the build process is not as streamlined as it should be, but it is still evolving.

anybody that can issue command line RPC call can test the SuperNET API and this testing is what is needed most now. Things would go significantly faster if there was some organized testing of the API going on. At the API level, it can be treated as a blackbox, so no need to understand how it does things, just what it does

James

https://github.com/jl777/btcd

Hey James, I'm currently helping with some VRC projects, but I could set up some VMs to test with next week.  Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 07:01:49 AM

I think I just finished coding low level Telepathy transport layer. Since I am using UDP and many things can go wrong due to no fault of anybody (nodes dropping out, onion hopping to a node that is gone, etc) it is quite likely that a packet sent to a destination might not get there, but ones after it could. So I need to implement some sort of TCP like retry layer on top of UDP. Good thing I already did this earlier this year!

Due to the way the packets are sent, it is quite tricky to get it to work, but finally I managed to achieve this as follows:

When a contact is added (happens every init), the published public key from the NXT blockchain is used to create a shared secret between two accounts. These accounts are totally abstract and are not tied to any IP address at all and it also happens to be the key I use for the DHT traversal.

Now I could send an encrypted message between nodes to exchange the dead drop addresses, but I think using a non-predictable (to anybody else) but deterministically calculated address that only the two nodes can calculate is safe enough. Even if this is somehow compromised, it is only for a bootstrap to get a decent deaddrop address to use. Once the comms are established, then the deaddrop address to use can be updated at anytime and there is a way to get it to the other side.

Each message between the two nodes will get a sequence number and each also gets its own onetime AESpassword that is calculated as follows:

sprintf(buf,"%llu.%d",(long long)nxt64bits,sequenceid);
    calc_sha256cat(AESpassword->bytes,(uint8_t *)buf,(int32_t)strlen(buf),shared,(int32_t)sizeof(bits256));
    init_hexbytes(AESpasswordstr,AESpassword->bytes,sizeof(bits256));
    return(conv_NXTpassword(secret.bytes,pubkey.bytes,AESpasswordstr));

sha256cat is H(m || sharedsecret) where m is the acct number of the sender with the sequenceid

So, this means the password can only be created by the two nodes who know the shared secret. I ran into a problem that the piggyback attachment was a totally encrypted blob with no header info at all. I could have put a onetime pubkey, but since I am using the sharedsecret for AES cipher I didnt want to venture into unsure crypto things. So to keep things totally encapsulated in the onetime AES cipher, I needed some other way to let the receiving end know who was sending it.

Remember that in Telepathy, there is no destination address that is actually real. It is an equidistant (in DHT space) address to N public IP privacyServers. N will hopefully be 20+ and one of these IP addresses is the actual destinations, but it can never divulge which one, so the bootstrap was tricky enough, but I solved that by putting it into the cloud at a location that is the curve25519 pubkey of the AES cipher. Another oneway function and this also combined with the need to protect the sender. After all if the sender is making DHT calls with his address in the JSON, even though it is protected by encryption, the DHT node that handles the hop has to decrypt it and if the attacker is controlling the node, then this leaks the fact that the sender sent to a specific deaddrop address. Far more leakage than I am comfortable with.

I just used the same address for all such Telepathy payload packets. But that is quite redundant and wastes precious space. Also, I use the sender's address as an authentication method and using a static address loses that. Luckily, this protection of the sender can be achieved while also providing authentication by using the "location" of the packet's sequenceid!

Now without modifying the encrpted attachment and without leaking any info, the receiver can use the "sender" field to figure out if a Telepathy packet is meant for him and most importantly what AES password to use. No need to brute force try all the possible contacts sequence id passwords, as we know what the "location"/"sender" will be for all the expected sequence ids from all the contacts.

Still have a few small issues like how to send back retry requests safely, but I am quite pleased at how all the pieces came together. I think I will be able to debug this tomorrow and at that point I will be able to send sequences of packets between any two contacts and have it reliably get there, well, assuming I can get all the bugs fixed. Realistically in complex network topologies there will be bugs, but so far so good.

As you can see, with a reliable low level packet transport, all sorts of things become very simple to do. Like file transfer (say telepod files!) or even low bandwidth audio. That would be cool, to be able to stream voice over Telepathy connection

I know this might seem like a lot of tech babble, so if you dont understand it, just ignore it. If you do understand it, plz feel free to point out any flaws. I tried hard to make sure there arent any, but with something like this it always helps to get as many eyes on the issue as possible

James

#### The following are the externally visible actions:
1. sending out a 1400 byte packet to a random node for the onion layered packet that contains the DHT storedata of the encrypted deaddrop address.

1b. some random hops later a random node will decrypt the DHT storedata and start a DHT sequence, which gets it to the secret location in the cloud.

2. sending out a 1400 byte DHT findvalue request for the secret address directly using the DHT sequence, so the DHT nodes will know that you requested something from the cloud. however, this will just look like all the other findvalue requests as it is just to a random address.

2b. the DHT nodes that are involved will find out the size of the encrypted data that you get. For now I am not making this all the same size, I probably should, but I need to first determine what the max size should be. At some point you get a 1400 byte packet back with the encrypted deaddrop address

3. you send 1400 by onion routed packets with the sender actually being the "location", so as long as the randomly selected nodes along the onion route are not colluding and sharing info about the source and destination, nobody will even know that you sent this packet out. The odds of the attacker control all randomly selected onion nodes is pretty small and they wont know for sure that you were not just forwarding, but in this worst case they will know that you sent some packets to a dead address.

4. your node participates in DHT routing following the same rules as all the other nodes. Even when you get a telepathy packet, there is no visible difference as any actions are deferred a bit and the output timing and even order of packets going out of your node is randomized.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 07:02:40 AM

Hey James, I'm currently helping with some VRC projects, but I could set up some VMs to test with next week.  Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
that would be great!

HarriHirsch

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:16:34 PM

Hey James, I'm currently helping with some VRC projects, but I could set up some VMs to test with next week.  Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
that would be great!

Do you have a build that is running under Windows Server 2008?
Then I could rund some nodes, too...

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 12:18:43 PM

Hey James, I'm currently helping with some VRC projects, but I could set up some VMs to test with next week.  Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
that would be great!

Do you have a build that is running under Windows Server 2008?
Then I could rund some nodes, too...

Not yet, but you can certainly install VirtualBox and run a linux instance.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:27:05 PM

is there any sane reason why the supernet price dropped suddenly ?
Because of what XC is doing ?

visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:40:06 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 04:52:43 AM by visual111

people might be selling unity to sell their NXT. you can still sell at a profit from ICO if you got in early enough

i think it's because supernet hasn't released anything yet (that the average person can use) and the quick buck investors are bored with it

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

yeXIABC

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:17:28 AM

people might be selling unity to sell their NXT. you can still sell at a profit from ICO if you got in early enough

i think it's because supernet hasn't released anything yet and the quick buck investors are bored with it
      profit   Shocked  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: