Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736725 times)
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 11:12:40 PM

Hey,

Just wondering what the story is with the neoDice and NxtIspect payouts etc, I got some a while back but none since, do you need a certain amount of unity to get those?
those were onetime dividends
asset dividends are hard to predict when they will happen

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
wittech

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:10:21 AM

Thanks champ
onsightit

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 04:12:42 AM

Hey James, I'm currently helping with some VRC projects, but I could set up some VMs to test with next week.  Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky.
that would be great!

Some gotcha's not in the current build instructions for Unix:

libuv.a not found.  Had to install automake and update the am-api configuration variable to 1.14. Also had to run 'automake --add-missing' to install 'test-driver'.  Then run ./configure and make in libjl777/libuv.

After running 'make install' which put uv in /usr/local/lib, you need to run 'sudo ldconfig'.  Then edit the makefile.unix in src and change the LIBS variable from "... $(CURRDIR)/../libjl777/libs/libuv.a ..." to "... -luv ..."

FYI: These instructions in libjl777/README.md are a little whacked (:

"cd libjl777 make onetime make make btcd make install"

it is much easier to build now

git clone https://github.com/jl777/btcd
cd btcd/libjl777
make onetime
make btcd

Now you should have BitcoinDarkd in the directory and then you just need to make a SuperNET.conf

James

Worked like a charm. Only had to change the configuration variable for am-api to 1.14.

Thanks...

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:16:24 AM

I don't mean to fud, but whoever this jl777 person is, I don't trust anymore anonymous or semi-anon devs and the people working with them after what happened with Mintpal. I hope he comes out of his/her darkness and show who or she really is. People say NHZ is just a clone, but there is development going on by completely reachable REAL people. I think I'm not the only one concerned about this. Plus, there is the suspicion about the economic model, nxt distribution....I'm sorry, but after the massive price drop of both nxt and supernet I'm out.
And even worse, I've just read the issue with bluemeanie. Some things just don't pan out easily.
I'm sorry for the fanboys/girls invplved here. May the cryptoforce be with you.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 04:18:37 AM

I don't mean to fud, but whoever this jl777 person is, I don't trust anymore anonymous or semi-anon devs and the people working with them after what happened with Mintpal. I hope he comes out of his/her darkness and show who or she really is. People say NHZ is just a clone, but there is development going on by completely reachable REAL people. I think I'm not the only one concerned about this. Plus, there is the suspicion about the economic model, nxt distribution....I'm sorry, but after the massive price drop of both nxt and supernet I'm out.
And even worse, I've just read the issue with bluemeanie. Some things just don't pan out easily.
Goodbye

https://github.com/jl777/libjl777/graphs/commit-activity

James

lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:04:00 AM

Goodbye

https://github.com/jl777/libjl777/graphs/commit-activity

James

Once again hearsay then accusations with absolutely no substance. Do not shift blame on people you don't know because you do not know. For all you do not know it could be your neighbor.  lol. I watch James work he is a real developer no bullshit
kripto

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:09:41 AM

it is much easier to build now

git clone https://github.com/jl777/btcd
cd btcd/libjl777
make onetime
make btcd

Now you should have BitcoinDarkd in the directory and then you just need to make a SuperNET.conf

James

That's it?
No more excuses for anyone now. Including me...
you might need to install curl and clang

neoranga is making unit tests!
ping and pong now have unit tests and so this will really help to stabilize things by making sure each API call is doing what it is supposed to

James

if you're getting
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lminiupnpc
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
do
Code:
make btcd USE_UPNP=-
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:14:46 AM

so -what good did the NON-anonymity of the mintpal owners do for their customers? None, Nada, Zilch, Nix.

stupid argument.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:20:43 AM

Aristotle said that you know who a person is by their actions. I don't think he said anything about a photo id and background check.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:26:17 AM

Aristotle said that you know who a person is by their actions. I don't think he said anything about a photo id and background check.

Hallelujah!   

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
jd1959

Activity: 529

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:28:43 AM

Trust is always an issue, in life as well as cyrpto, you should follow your heart and leave SuperNET to fanboys/girls involved here. just MHO

Jon  Wink

PS I'm not going anywhere

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:07:24 AM

My actions today have been to code up hash tables for the DHT storage, including persistent storage and serialized syncing to allow for RAM speeds, but still writing out to HDD as fast as the HDD can handle.

I put in a hard coded 1 GB cap of data stored per node. By making this a user configurable amount, cloud storage vendors/users can be implemented.

Oh, I also have it so there is Public storage and Private storage, so all the telepathic comms that are coming in to you are saved, but of course fully encrypted on the HDD. I also fixed some json output, added support for "contacts" list in the SuperNET.conf so I can setup automatically establishing connections.

Now I will debug the cloud storage.

I have found that the biggest frauds/scams/problems in crypto come from people with "known" identities. It is probably no hard to come up with fake id anyway, so what good is a "known" identity? Seems a lot of people use this to automatically grant more trust than has been earned. I used to do the same thing, until I was burned for 1 million NXT. Now all I care about is what I have seen them do.

Does a person say what they will do and then do it? If so, that builds trust over time. I say that I can code 1000 lines of C in one day, after debugging to sustain around 300 lines per day. Everybody can see this on github. Whether the code I write is any good, well, that is something that can only be seen by actually seeing if it works.

So, has anyone proven that I am not able to code?
Has anybody proven that I cant design software at the level required for SuperNET?
Has anybody proven that I am not coding?
There has been a stunning lack of criticism of the actual code. After all, that is what matters in crypto isnt it?
Any refutation of Teleport? of Telepathy?

As the software gets more and more complete and it becomes clear to even the skeptics that it is just a matter of time before SuperNET is completed and working, the price will more fully reflect the value. Since I am doing something that hasnt been done before, it is hard to accurately estimate time to completion, especially as I continue to improve things daily.

Remember that anybody can make any sort of crazy claim against me. I dont have time to spend refuting all the silly FUD. For a while I was supposed to be some sort of pump and dumper, but it is hard to make any claim like that stick when I am not pumping nor am I dumping. I just keep coding and know that it is just a matter of time before the market catches up to what I am building. And now other coders are building on top of what I am building. GUI are being created. Websites and even new assets are being created and managed, etc.

For all the claims that I am dumping SuperNET, I can state affirmatively that I am only buying and have not sold any SuperNET/TOKEN. This reminds me of when I was buying BTCD at .00015 to .001, seems almost like I have an unfair advantage as I know the dev will deliver, while everybody else has some doubts. But I have always said what I will do and now I am doing it.

James

MemoryShock

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:29:17 AM

Are you coding by yourself?

Honest question...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:40:08 AM

Are you coding by yourself?

Honest question...
https://github.com/jl777/libjl777 is pretty much all me so far, I am hoping for help, but so far just me.

the https://github.com/jl777/btcd directory has BTCDdev doing the C++ code that interfaces to my stuff.

neomandra is doing unit tests.

Now this is just the SuperNET API + BTCD
There are all the other devs for the other coins that are also working on their codebase.

James

P.S. If you are asking whether I am a team or just one guy, I am just one guy that codes fast.

jd1959

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:17:47 AM

Hi guys one of the guys at SuperNET HQ sent me this, he told me it was sneek peek of James doing his morning warmup before programing

Jon  Wink

MemoryShock

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:22:57 AM

Hi guys one of the guys at SuperNET HQ sent me this, he told me it was sneek peek of James doing his morning warmup before programing

Jon  Wink

Thanks; I love random pictures from the web describing to me how how I should think!!

Go Fox News!!!

P.S. I'm bowing out now...Kind of irked that propaganda got worked into the thread after James posted a perfectly valid response.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
jd1959

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:28:02 AM

Hi MemoryShock

Sorry if I offended you I was just having a bit of fun

Jon  Embarrassed

MemoryShock

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:50:39 AM

Hi MemoryShock

Sorry if I offended you I was just having a bit of fun

Jon  Embarrassed

It wasn't that offensive so please don't worry.  I just meant that the question was answered and I didn't really think a meme campaign was necessary...though I concede that there isn't any reason to not have it.

Olive branch...I am hoping for the success of the things and stuff...in many directions.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:00:26 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 11:05:07 AM by Este Nuno

The difference here is that moolah was a centralised organization controlled by one person who was not anonymous. SuperNET is intended to be a decentralised organization not controlled by anyone in particular but by its shareholders. While we currently rely on James individually to translate his idea in to code, in the long run superNET is not intended to completely rely on any one individual person.

The concept of a 'real person' is incredibly over rated. Moolah was a 'real company' run by 'real people'. Bluemeanie is a 'real person' who stole one million NXT from the NXT community. The creator(?)/developer of NHZ stole 28 million of the 100 million NHZ community funds and dumped them on Poloniex for himself.

Names are overrated. Actions speak louder than words. Decentralised risk is safer than centralised risk. SuperNET in the process of organizing itself in a decentralised way where both work, money, and incentive is spread out between members of the organization.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:22:29 AM

The difference here is that moolah was a centralised organization controlled by one person who was not anonymous. SuperNET is intended to be a decentralised organization not controlled by anyone in particular but by its shareholders. While we currently rely on James individually to translate his idea in to code, in the long run superNET is not intended to completely rely on any one individual person.
The concept of a 'real person' is incredible over rated. Moolah was a 'real company' run by 'real people'. Bluemeanie is a 'real person' who stole one million NXT from the NXT community. The creator(?)/developer of NHZ stole 28 million of the 100 million NHZ community funds and dumped them on Poloniex for himself.
Names are overrated. Actions speak louder than words. Decentralised risk is safer than centralised risk. SuperNET in the process of organizing itself in a decentralised way where both work, money, and incentive is spread out between members of the organization.

This is so true.

James doesn't control any fund in SuperNET, he needs the authorization of these people before doing anything :
Dom P - NXT-CFAC-X7CW-XQPV-4L23K
EvilDave - NXT-BNZB-9V8M-XRPW-3S3WD
EmoneyRu - NXT-ZRWH-CXFE-VSZT-2XXMV
n3lz0n - NXT-WFTS-BJQR-3V25-6S65F
Steve - NXT-WDEZ-CJW6-LHSZ-6RGA2
idev - NXT-DBAP-72UC-VQSY-HQ5HY
VanBreuk - NXT-RQYG-UPJP-HMMH-7WHFZ
Authorization Approver: cobaltskky - NXT-QT7P-HWS6-SABB-G59H8
Disbursement Requestor: jl777 - NXT-MRBN-8DFH-PFMK-A4DBM

Also you are retarded if you believe that someone showing his supposed real identity is not going to scam you big time.
The main idea of cryptocurrency is to be decentralized and trustless. We do not need any identity, we need total transparency.
Transparency is not about posting a real identity that is probably fake, it is about seeing what's happening on a blockchain.
The blockchain cannot lie.

With SuperNET we do not need to trust James, we trust the decentralized and transparent system he is working on.
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: