Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:58:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:37:42 AM

If anyone wants to sell opal in bulk, pm me
I'll buy up to 1 million @ market

ps:

No solid dates, but tomorrow looks good Wink
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:17:13 AM

If anyone wants to sell opal in bulk, pm me
I'll buy up to 1 million @ market

ps:

No solid dates, but tomorrow looks good Wink

Agreed. I'll up that to two million. PM me once you have sold to Bass as he is first. Thanks!
3rdStryker

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:32:38 AM

bassguitarman

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:45:36 AM

Announcing the Colored Coins GUI

Python based UI created with PYQT4 and requests for cross platform and one touch use.

Download

https://github.com/opalcoin/ColorUI/archive/master.zip

Requirements

Python 2.7
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Requests
http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/user/install/#install

PyQT4
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/installation.html

How to use

Windows:
Install requests and PyQT - be 100% sure you matched architecture versions, ie. 32bit for 32bit.
double click the .py file and enter an exact url, by default its set to http://dev.opal-coin.com:8080/
You will see the output in a second window, close either to exit the program gracefully.

Linux:
Install requests and pyqt with your package manager, execute the script with:
python ColorUI.py
or double click the script on your desktop, as the application will not run without x

Mac:
Install requests and pyqt, double click file, see windows instructions and consider switching to windows or linux.

Notes

* For now, this is demo purposes only, until we release the guide on running colorcore locally, you can use http://dev.opal-coin.com:8080/ as the server.
* Addresses are not in typical address format, they start with a b.  This is to prevent accidental spending of assets

~The Opal Team

3rdStryker

Activity: 172

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:35:51 AM

Well done Opal Team  Grin Grin Grin Grin
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

Very nice guys!
Felt inspired to create a little colourful Opal graphic to contribute to the Opal artwork. (even though I understand 'colouing' coins does not mean to physically colour :p)

Cheers
Voidlord

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:08:31 AM

Very nice guys!
Felt inspired to create a little colourful Opal graphic to contribute to the Opal artwork. (even though I understand 'colouing' coins does not mean to physically colour :p)

Cheers

Announcing the Colored Coins GUI

Python based UI created with PYQT4 and requests for cross platform and one touch use.

Download

github.com/opalcoin/ColorUI/archive/master.zip

Requirements

Python 2.7
python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Requests
//docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/user/install/#install

PyQT4
//pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/installation.html

How to use

Windows:
Install requests and PyQT - be 100% sure you matched architecture versions, ie. 32bit for 32bit.
double click the .py file and enter an exact url, by default its set to http://dev.opal-coin.com:8080/
You will see the output in a second window, close either to exit the program gracefully.

Linux:
Install requests and pyqt with your package manager, execute the script with:
python ColorUI.py
or double click the script on your desktop, as the application will not run without x

Mac:
Install requests and pyqt, double click file, see windows instructions and consider switching to windows or linux.

Notes

* For now, this is demo purposes only, until we release the guide on running colorcore locally, you can use http://dev.opal-coin.com:8080/ as the server.
* Addresses are not in typical address format, they start with a b.  This is to prevent accidental spending of assets

~The Opal Team

Thank you Bass & Well done,

Nice artwork RCan06,

Keep on Building the Opal bridge !

E=(ɔ)mc²
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:10:57 AM

I invest in this coin @ 3k. new updates etc, but why is no one buying this?!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 05:23:18 AM

I invest in this coin @ 3k. new updates etc, but why is no one buying this?!

The wallet is in Alpha... You just want to get rich off the coin? I bought up to 7K myself, I tried to boost the price for you but people took profits. I want to build the coin so it can be used and valued, not just churn out profits for buyers and sellers. That is the problem nowadays, people want to get rich and dump to FIAT asap.

I am trying to figure out new ways to boost Market Cap and stabilize to help the coin, which may make you rich, but once you sell out you won't be able to get back in at your price point ever, hopefully if we can make it work right. The Devs are not paid for their work and they do not sell off coin since even the market cap dictates it is not worth selling to pay yourself yet. So they are hoping their work catches on and pay off later when the coin is bought to be used to buy digital products or branch into new ideas to sustain market cap.
QFT

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:45:30 PM

Always enjoy reading your posts nick  Cool
toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 06:49:30 PM

So they are hoping their work catches on

In order for something to catch on, it needs a marketing strategy, not hope.

This is the biggest problem with every coin.

Whomever comes up with the right marketing strategies wins.  Not all marketing strategies cost money, some just take time and effort.

Anyone have any solid ideas?

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:38:20 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2015, 09:24:15 PM by RCan06

Whomever comes up with the right marketing strategies wins.  Not all marketing strategies cost money, some just take time and effort.

I agree with this, marketing and spreading the word is huge. I think OPAL is doing a great job spreading itself out. By that I mean, most crypto-currencies despite being decentralized are actually pretty centralized. They are centered around a single bitcointalk thread (and as we have experienced this causes problems). Thanks in big part to being a part of SuperNet, Opal has spread out and I see Opal discussion on the SuperNet forums (and in the slack logs), the IRC (I encourage people who haven't to go chat sometime!), Opaltalk.org (underutilized), and here in the Bitcointalk thread (and of course Facebook/twitter/G+). Like any young coin though, the community is still relatively small, but growing. So the infrastructure in place is not nearly being utilized to its fullest, but it is there as the community expands.

First suggestion right now that I feel is important... Because Opal's conversation/development/ideas are spread out, we should make sure to keep all these linked. I see development being posted in the slack logs that does not make its way over here. I think making sure all of these activity points are being updated equally is a good idea. Especially this btctalk thread, since this is currently the central point for alt-coin activity.

Second, building on that, Keeping this thread active is a must as well (something we should all work on) because CONSTANT activity brings interest, and it is the cheapest and easiest way to do so in my opinion. We don't always have to discuss opal developments, but just having a talkative friendly and welcoming community is free and easy. Smiley I'd be willing to assume coins like Dark/Dash, Burst, Shadow, Monero etc, gain followers/investors in part because of constant forum and community activity which people see and think "hmmm why is this so popular here?".

A big peeve of mine, is that currently in the alt-coin scene market activity appears to be what gets the most (albeit short term) attention. You can have releases, great ideas, great plans, great devs, or you can be another crap coin with nothing new to offer but also be getting good volume on a site like bittrex, and thus 'praise' and attention. Even with bitcoin, a flood of new people appear during bull trends; they don't necessarily know about bitcoin's development and technical side, but they know the price is rising and are thus drawn in. Opal isn't much different in this regard. When we saw a rise in price in November, this thread was very active, probably 30-40 posts per day for a brief period, now the price has been fairly stable, development continues, devs are still here working away, we got some promising teasers of whats to come and yet the posts in here have dwindled to a few per day.

Then I think a question becomes, how do we keep a large portion of people that move from coin to coin, and how do we keep growing our community at an efficient rate? That is where I feel keeping and active and engaging community is key. It doesn't help any to let this thread sink to 6-7 pages, then post about the lack of discussion that is taking place. Help create the discussion, and build on it. Share idea's, discuss crypto, finance, hobbies, your dog, whatever, it keeps activity steady and gives people a chance to join in. (Shout-out to CryptoNick for creating some discussion building posts.).

Back in mid/late October, I heard about Opal because there were others in the forum talking about it in other threads. I came to the thread to see a flurry of ideas and discussion and a join in. I stayed because I enjoyed the atmosphere (of course the development is great as well Wink ).

So to make a long post short, I think a good place to start is just create discussion, participate in discussion, give share ideas, thoughts, it doesn't even have to be solely about Opal. Keep this thread active and welcoming, this way we can attract, introduce, and build a community when people stay to take part. This is simply what WE can do for free. Articles, and professional marketing all another ballgame which is also important. But it is less effective to attempt to draw people into OPAL when there isn't activity to keep them drawn in. That is where community comes in.

That's my 2 Opals for now. Smiley
bassguitarman

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 08:58:06 PM

Mac users can now test the .app version which auto downloads all dependancies, and is a one click to run.

http://whitjack.me/ColorUI_Mac.zip
nade70

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:37:57 PM

Syncthing is used to synchronise docs between two devices. can someone please explain how this is going to be modified to include saving things on the blockchain? That is what i thought opal drive was going to be. That is what sjcx is trying to deliver which was why opal was going to use that initially.

Is there a change to what opal drive is going to be?
bassguitarman

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:42:34 PM

Syncthing is used to synchronise docs between two devices. can someone please explain how this is going to be modified to include saving things on the blockchain? That is what i thought opal drive was going to be. That is what sjcx is trying to deliver which was why opal was going to use that initially.

Is there a change to what opal drive is going to be?

http://whit.opal-coin.com/opal-drive-update/
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:06:24 PM

Always enjoy reading your posts nick  Cool

Thanks! That is good to hear and I appreciate you posting to let me know that. I am working on a new idea too that may go hand in hand with O-Pal ebay ideas. Voidlord gave some good points to me since I am not super technical but a quick study, and more of an idea guy. Protecting coin economies is now my main goal. It is the only way people can feel safe investing in a coin or even just to use it or accept it as payment.

Whomever comes up with the right marketing strategies wins.  Not all marketing strategies cost money, some just take time and effort.

Yeah I meant hope as an overall desire within their efforts. I know the devs talked about Marketplaces and had a place setup to buy F-Secure and such.

I want to go big and try to gain ebay users support. We don't want to jump the gun though and make sure the things we create are Viable but also tested.

I was thinking we make a Video after we create the "obey/O-Pal" interface and then make the very first ebay transaction one Gem from ebay and that would be an Opal, then have other merchants start to build the internal Market Cap from there making trade after trade up to $100,000. So we can show that we went from one Opal worth $15 to $100,000 in a short time and it may go Viral. The market protections will be in place by then and we will show how keeping your $15 worth of Opal now equals $100 or whatever we work the math out to. If you use the coin to buy again you just boosted the internal market cap again. If you sell back out to BitCoin then you loose your $100 internal market cap but may make  $20 instead of $15 and thanks for using Opal. This would show people they don't need to Rape a coin on the exchanges to make money but once you use the coin now you have created worth internally that will reflect more if you stay and less if you leave.

We are going to work on some cool aspects of this to entertain more merchants and I think it will take off if we can secure it, automate it, and still be open source so that everyone knows the function is hard coded to work for them and Opal simultaneously. I think it can be done and Voidlord is looking into the intricacies.

oz_miner

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:05:15 AM

could you list the microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable package you have ? (in programs and features) ?

The 1st 5 listed below came pre-installed on my OS; the last 2 form part of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 which I d/loaded from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679; that package includes a 3rd file, called vcredist_arm.exe, but as mentioned in a previous post, vcredist_arm.exe can't be run because, despite meeting the system requirements of this file, my Windows 7 service pack 1 OS doesn't see this file as a valid Win 32 application.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/661/sdb7VN.png

Do you have Antivir Pro ?

No.

I run Norton Internet Security, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware,  Zemana Anti-Malware and Zemana Anti-Logger

When you right-click on opalcoin.conf and choose property: does win7 tells you it is a .conf file ?

Yes - CONF File (.conf)

is your Opalcoin-Qt folder (where you should have opalcoin.exe ) is in the "Downloads" folder ?

No, when I d/loaded the Opal-Qt-opaque.1.3.1 folder it was (automatically) saved in 'My Documents'

If yes please cut & paste Opalcoin-Qt folder on you Desk.
then, save your wallet.dat and your opalcoin.conf erase all the files and folder in C:\Users\~\AppData\Roaming\opalcoin
then paste your opalcoin.conf on it and start your wallet.

I'll do that tomorrow (it's getting late now) and post results - in meantime, many thanks for your further help. Much appreciated  Smiley

Hi guys,
I was getting this runtime error also which would cause the wallet to crash soon after opening
Installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 has solved my problem so far
I see you already have this installed on your pc though, so
Maybe you could try uninstalling all C++ software and reinstalling again as discussed here

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinstall-Microsoft-Visual-C-Runtime-Libraries.html
Voidlord

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:40:07 AM

Hi guys,
I was getting this runtime error also which would cause the wallet to crash soon after opening
Installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 has solved my problem so far
I see you already have this installed on your pc though, so
Maybe you could try uninstalling all C++ software and reinstalling again as discussed here

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinstall-Microsoft-Visual-C-Runtime-Libraries.html

Thanks for the link Oz_miner, i will add this troubleshooting to http://opaltalk.org/t/opal-guidebooks-and-tutorials/30
 Wink

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:47:38 AM

Sure toldy, we will organize that, Lisa is here to help us, and every Opalite can join the brainstorming as RCan06 said: we can discuss ideas here, more post per day is a very good way to spread Opal colors !

Furthermore we have:
http://opaltalk.org
http://www.reddit.com/r/opalcoin/
https://www.facebook.com/opalcommunity
https://plus.google.com/b/109971180469127992011

Feel free to post Wink

E=(ɔ)mc²
Voidlord

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:52:52 AM

by the way, the C++ troubleshooting guide which was only on the opalguide is now added and explained on http://opaltalk.org/t/opal-guidebooks-and-tutorials/30

E=(ɔ)mc²
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: