May 03, 2024, 09:10:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:17:29 PM

Proposal for FoldingCoin Dedication Reward

At the monthly meeting, I talked about using 5Mln of the 100Mln undistributed tokens we received for rewarding long-term folders. This way we can also reward small contributors for their dedication. What I propose:

We count the number of days an address has been included in the daily distributions. We then reward the folders via weekly distributions for reaching the following milestones with X amount of FLDC:

Level 0: New Folder - 0-10 days - 0 FLDC
  Level 1:   Junior Folder - 11-25 days - 200 FLDC
  Level 2:   Folder - 26-50 days - 500 FLDC
  Level 3:   Senior Folder - 50-100 days - 1000 FLDC
  Level 4:   Hero Folder - 101-365 days - 5000 FLDC
  Level 5:   Legendary Folder - 1yr-2 yrs - 10000 FLDC
+   Level 5+: Folding Champion - +2yrs - 50000 FLDC

These rewards might be small to huge miners, but they are sizeable to smaller ones. We could also only do it above a certain level. Next to this we can make badges for this (Like a FLDC logo with a number on it) that people can proudly use on bitcointalk.

For the next week, I would like to get feedback from the community on this and then we will put it up for a vote in this thread.

So, what do you think?

I'm in favour of this, the reason im still folding is not because of profit but rather the value of the work units i process.

I like it!!!  Waiting for GPU #2 to get returned from repair!!  Gonna double the folding power!!

Thanks for the feedback! I will ask Robert to create a poll in this Bitcointalk topic, which will run untill the next public meeting to see if the majority is in favor of trying this out.

A lot of people have voted already at the top of the thread, but the more, the merrier of course! Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:47:23 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 04:53:37 PM by FoldingCoin

Hey Jona, check this out, what do you think of these from our graphics designer? Also I recalculated the numbers a hair, let me know if you like it Cheesy

Level 1: Junior Folder 0-30 Days

Level 2: Folder 31-100 Days

Level 3: Senior Folder 101-200 Days

Level 4: Hero Folder 201-363 Days

Level 5: Legendary Folder 364-727 (1 full year)

Level 6: Champion Folder 727+ days (2 plus years)
*No Picture yet as we would need something very very cool for this*

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:57:00 PM

I like the idea, but not only should time folding come into play but also the amount of WU completed.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:59:59 PM

I like the idea, but not only should time folding come into play but also the amount of WU completed.
That is a good point, but i think what Jona is trying to do is give an incentive for people to kepp folding regardless of power. Think of the extra rewards for WUs being the additional FLDC that you earn. That will never change, those that do more work get mor FLDC. But the Folding Level is more of a days folded type of thing, kind of like the reddit years that people like to claim, doesnt matter how many posts in reddit you have done, as long as you are basically active 8 reddit years is 8 reddit years.

But as always, i love discussing and tweaking all of our ideas Cheesy This one is mostly Jonas Baby so i would love for him to weigh in which i am sure he will Cheesy

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:59:31 AM

Hey Jona, check this out, what do you think of these from our graphics designer? Also I recalculated the numbers a hair, let me know if you like it Cheesy

My earlier comment that this is awesome got deleted by the automated operators as it was too short. Anyway, this is a great design and we will be discussing more in the monthly meeting next Sunday (will be one week early due to me going on holiday on Monday.

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:01:05 AM

That is a good point, but i think what Jona is trying to do is give an incentive for people to kepp folding regardless of power. Think of the extra rewards for WUs being the additional FLDC that you earn. That will never change, those that do more work get mor FLDC. But the Folding Level is more of a days folded type of thing, kind of like the reddit years that people like to claim, doesnt matter how many posts in reddit you have done, as long as you are basically active 8 reddit years is 8 reddit years.

But as always, i love discussing and tweaking all of our ideas Cheesy This one is mostly Jonas Baby so i would love for him to weigh in which i am sure he will Cheesy

Actuallly, we already are rewarding that with the normal distribution. This initiative is a way to reward people regardless of their power.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:12:08 AM

Actuallly, we already are rewarding that with the normal distribution. This initiative is a way to reward people regardless of their power.
I agree that this is a good incentive to those that continuously fold. I am not sure exactly what will come of this other then the labels at this point, this idea is still very early and we would love the continued input of the community as this develops. Please be sure to join the meeting this upcoming sunday.

Oh yeah, speaking of this upcoming sunday, the monthly meeting has been moved to this weekend as Jona cannot make next weekend. I will create this right now and post here in just a little bit

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:42:48 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2015, 01:55:09 AM by Blawpaw

I have been supporting Folding coin for some time now. This project is one of the most constructive in the ecosystem since it really contributes to scientific research. Folding coin is proof that PoW can be used by for something really useful

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:28:32 AM

I like this idea! Smiley

Thank You! I like it as well Cheesy

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:29:41 AM

I have been supporting Folding coin for some time now. This project is one of the most constructive in the ecosystem since it really contributes to scientific research. Folding coin is proof that PoW can be used by for something really useful

Thank You for your support, we have been a little slow of late, but things will be picking up here soon once the marketplace if fully of and running. We also are talking with two other XCP tokens about possible new merged folding partners, so stay tuned!!!

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:03:10 AM

I like this idea. But I also propose to introduce a rewards for the holders, not just for folders. This will help in the price stabilization and growth.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:33:45 PM

Thank You for your support, we have been a little slow of late, but things will be picking up here soon once the marketplace if fully of and running. We also are talking with two other XCP tokens about possible new merged folding partners, so stay tuned!!!

is it another spells of genesis goodies ?
I need to fix my folding@home. been fighting with this for awhile
after power outage can't get it to work.. i can do X11 mining, so for awhile i sell all *coin and buy curecoins and foldingcoins
but missing out the merged folding presents

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:30:33 AM

I like this idea. But I also propose to introduce a rewards for the holders, not just for folders. This will help in the price stabilization and growth.

With this particular promotion, it is for those that continuosly fold, though i am open to a reward program for those that hold. Do you have any suggestions, i am all ears Cheesy

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:31:18 AM

is it another spells of genesis goodies ?
I need to fix my folding@home. been fighting with this for awhile
after power outage can't get it to work.. i can do X11 mining, so for awhile i sell all *coin and buy curecoins and foldingcoins
but missing out the merged folding presents

No, but spells of genesis will be doing MAGICFLDC on our platform until the end of time, so that reward will always be available Cheesy

Mah-Jongg

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:51:28 PM

True that!

I've been following FLDC since last February and if I would recommend a crypto to invest asap for somebody it would definitely be FoldingCoin.

There are couple things I'd like to point out.

As the back-end gets solid needing less active human maintenance (already done work) and the marketplace gets done, there might be some time left over to expand. In that case maybe it could be a good thing to also start bringing folding@home into a wider awareness, once the "preparing" stages are complete.

I've understood that folding@home is somewhat semi-official for Stanford, but not completely (yet?)...
I'd think that if you guys could get a more official status for the project, it could be noted in the radar of science publications, magazines, medical professionals etc. audiences rather directly. In this way FLDC is sort of a flagship at the moment.

Quite many people have at least heard of Bitcoin these days too and FLDC has tons of legitimate say of making the mining (folding) process useful.
The timing starts to be right on alt footsteps.

Also alternatively so many are apathetic how corrupted and inefficient fiat world is, therefore it's not a long stretch to become inspired with the idea that it's possible to make currency do beneficial tasks on it's own instead of trusting some magical invisible hand acting for the favour of... well, humanity.
Right now it looks like a fist pounding in the face of near everyone.

There I definitely see a future where the kind of money you use itself is a direct "vote", an direct action (instead of having a machine made of people with no accountability i.e. bank+govt's) towards what you want to achieve with your money in super forward fashion.

That being said, FoldingCoin, as a project and an operation might seem small, but it wears big shoes.

FLDC in principle is very understandable for non-tech people in it's mission - using it to find cures for diseases.
This is serious issue for even the good projects with the typical Bitcoin 2.0 functionality... Try understand that as an outsider! Cheesy or rather  Sad

I see the whole issue of cryptos kind of the same as Nokia vs. Apple.
Nokia was there long before Apple got into phones, but Nokia kept itself a sort of more engineer bias company. Therefore in the critical time when there were TONS of different phones on the market, Apple came out of the woodworks with a very simple solution that did what most used a phone for. Nokia almost plummeted completely. They forgot that to the casual end user a kind of no-brain simplicity is utmost of importance.
The gadgetry most cryptos try to do is somewhat futile in the big scheme likewise.
Engineers/Technicians pitfall - Creating to your peers instead of realising that if an average person is dumb, half of them are even dumber. Technically speaking of course  Grin
Therefore, if you trust your end user to be technically proficient the table is never turned towards you until someone with more simple (or stupid) will guide attention away. It's very simple, but almost impossible for countlessly many programmers and developers to see.

I'm going to this direction because even as a somewhat tech oriented person, I found the act of starting to fold just a tad bit too difficult with the lack of time (and laziness) I usually have. Many people lack any kind of confidence whatsoever in any under the hood situation and give up the instant the page they are supposed to read seems too long and technical. That's where most people will drop the ball. And will never return.

Hence, given the potential burst of new users once the silent period is over, I'd love to see a dummiest way possible to fold in the future as well as the current one for (tech peeps). I'd mentally benchmark easy usability as a somewhat non techie being able to start folding and get rewards going (normal delay of receiving allowed!) within the same burts of first inspiration. People rarely come back after the first excitement, but they also can't hold their excitement (and sharing it to the world) if they can do it on the first go.

There's also a scenario where folding@home would find a cure...
That event would open floodgates and then it would be highly beneficial to have it super simple.

As you can see, I already see a lot of mainstream break (read: getting mentioned) potential with FLDC as it's a very sensible project.
And damn... Such enthusiastic, devoted and friendly attitudes you guys have + the people in this thread!
Thumbs up!

PS. Yes to the vote for rewarding long term folders. No brainer decision if there are no reasonable (or at all) objections!
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:08:09 PM

Yes... FLDC is a very good example for using Bitcoin's block-chain for helping research and humanity.

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:55:04 PM

Foldingcoin is almost one year old. I am wondering if we could get a cooperations with BOINC or WorldCommunityGrid in any way?
Have you tried to contact those projects?
Mah-Jongg

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:14:13 PM

FLDC is not listed on www.cryptocoincharts.info btw.
And if I try to find FLDC on http://coinmarketcap.com it comes up with a direct search, but I can't find it on the list Huh

A lot of first time lookers check out coinmarketcap.com as a first validity check for an alt coin being legit, so being findable there will help a great deal!
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:20:30 PM

Hi Everyone! I will answer everything here:

True that!

I've been following FLDC since last February and if I would recommend a crypto to invest asap for somebody it would definitely be FoldingCoin.

There are couple things I'd like to point out.

As the back-end gets solid needing less active human maintenance (already done work) and the marketplace gets done, there might be some time left over to expand. In that case maybe it could be a good thing to also start bringing folding@home into a wider awareness, once the "preparing" stages are complete.

---We would love to do this and that is what Jonas current focus is. After the marketplace is at a good spot i will be helping in the adovcation as well. I have some ideas floating around but any sort of strategies onto how we get more adoption would be helpful Cheesy

I've understood that folding@home is somewhat semi-official for Stanford, but not completely (yet?)...
I'd think that if you guys could get a more official status for the project, it could be noted in the radar of science publications, magazines, medical professionals etc. audiences rather directly. In this way FLDC is sort of a flagship at the moment.

---I am not sure exactly what you mean here, but to clarify, FLDC is not a part of Stanfords FAH, we are simply an extension to it to help create adoption. Though we do talk with Stanford on occasion (not often), there is no partnership and Stanford cannot directly support something like this due to their internal rules and legal limitations

Quite many people have at least heard of Bitcoin these days too and FLDC has tons of legitimate say of making the mining (folding) process useful.
The timing starts to be right on alt footsteps.

Also alternatively so many are apathetic how corrupted and inefficient fiat world is, therefore it's not a long stretch to become inspired with the idea that it's possible to make currency do beneficial tasks on it's own instead of trusting some magical invisible hand acting for the favour of... well, humanity.
Right now it looks like a fist pounding in the face of near everyone.

There I definitely see a future where the kind of money you use itself is a direct "vote", an direct action (instead of having a machine made of people with no accountability i.e. bank+govt's) towards what you want to achieve with your money in super forward fashion.

That being said, FoldingCoin, as a project and an operation might seem small, but it wears big shoes.

FLDC in principle is very understandable for non-tech people in it's mission - using it to find cures for diseases.
This is serious issue for even the good projects with the typical Bitcoin 2.0 functionality... Try understand that as an outsider! Cheesy or rather  Sad

---And also to add to that note, when you try and explain bitcoin to someone, they want to understand immideately how mining works because to them it sounds like a scam, with FAH they kind of just take your word for it. Probably because curing cancer hits home more for folks then a new money system.

I see the whole issue of cryptos kind of the same as Nokia vs. Apple.
Nokia was there long before Apple got into phones, but Nokia kept itself a sort of more engineer bias company. Therefore in the critical time when there were TONS of different phones on the market, Apple came out of the woodworks with a very simple solution that did what most used a phone for. Nokia almost plummeted completely. They forgot that to the casual end user a kind of no-brain simplicity is utmost of importance.
The gadgetry most cryptos try to do is somewhat futile in the big scheme likewise.
Engineers/Technicians pitfall - Creating to your peers instead of realising that if an average person is dumb, half of them are even dumber. Technically speaking of course  Grin
Therefore, if you trust your end user to be technically proficient the table is never turned towards you until someone with more simple (or stupid) will guide attention away. It's very simple, but almost impossible for countlessly many programmers and developers to see.

I'm going to this direction because even as a somewhat tech oriented person, I found the act of starting to fold just a tad bit too difficult with the lack of time (and laziness) I usually have. Many people lack any kind of confidence whatsoever in any under the hood situation and give up the instant the page they are supposed to read seems too long and technical. That's where most people will drop the ball. And will never return.

Hence, given the potential burst of new users once the silent period is over, I'd love to see a dummiest way possible to fold in the future as well as the current one for (tech peeps). I'd mentally benchmark easy usability as a somewhat non techie being able to start folding and get rewards going (normal delay of receiving allowed!) within the same burts of first inspiration. People rarely come back after the first excitement, but they also can't hold their excitement (and sharing it to the world) if they can do it on the first go.

---This is a problem we have been trying to fix since very early on. We have had two different devs come and go saying that they would love to help build a all in one installation application for windows to make the process easier, but we have not had much communication with either of those devs anymore. That being said we are still looking for someone that has visual basic skills to build this, as currently there is no one on the roster with that programming skillset.

There's also a scenario where folding@home would find a cure...
That event would open floodgates and then it would be highly beneficial to have it super simple.

As you can see, I already see a lot of mainstream break (read: getting mentioned) potential with FLDC as it's a very sensible project.
And damn... Such enthusiastic, devoted and friendly attitudes you guys have + the people in this thread!
Thumbs up!

---Thank You so much! The idea is great and the community is there, now its time to get the others Cheesy

PS. Yes to the vote for rewarding long term folders. No brainer decision if there are no reasonable (or at all) objections!

Yes... FLDC is a very good example for using Bitcoin's block-chain for helping research and humanity.

Thank You Cheesy Salim is a long time member and is awesome, full of great ideas as well Cheesy

FLDC is not listed on www.cryptocoincharts.info btw.
And if I try to find FLDC on http://coinmarketcap.com it comes up with a direct search, but I can't find it on the list Huh

A lot of first time lookers check out coinmarketcap.com as a first validity check for an alt coin being legit, so being findable there will help a great deal!

Coinmarketcap can be found here http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/foldingcoin/ you have to look under assets and not currencies

I will contact cryptocoincharts to see if they will add it (so many that i havent seen this one yet, thanks for showing it)

yes, i wish coinmaretcap didnt split the tokens from the altcoins, but they do, here is a list of every asset http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:21:13 PM

Foldingcoin is almost one year old. I am wondering if we could get a cooperations with BOINC or WorldCommunityGrid in any way?
Have you tried to contact those projects?

We have had discussions about this and it is not off the table, but right now we want to get FAH working perfectly before integrating other services

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: